Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:37:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: First BFL ASIC!  (Read 58260 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:25:46 PM

April 9th and no one else has "received" a BFL ASIC???

Luke, what are we to think?
As far as I'm aware, BFL is waiting until a hardware revision is done to improve power usage before delivering any more.
I want the rest of my order just as much as anyone else  Tongue
Why are you having it shipped to you?

Don't you want it with BFL or hosted by Josh?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:32:17 PM

I know this is a little off topic but can anyone tell me what is on grnbg's head in that photo he has in all his posts on the BFL site?

Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:35:57 PM

I know this is a little off topic but can anyone tell me what is on grnbg's head in that photo he has in all his posts on the BFL site?

Du-Rag!
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:40:32 PM

Du-Rag!

I know that, but is it just me or does it look like R2 D2? 

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:37:29 AM

Du-Rag!

R2D2  Wink
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:47:04 AM

Du-Rag!

R2D2  Wink
are you correcting my spelling or telling me I am not insane and this BFL cheering canuck has a beanie on his head to make him look like R2D2?

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:59:19 AM

People have received refunds ... sometimes fast sometimes slow.

Some people may have received refunds. I did not receive a refund from BFL and I did not receive a refund from bASIC. I clearly do not belong to the group of people getting refunds!

In the bASIC case, I received the promise that I will receive a refund, at least. In the BFL case there was no answer at all. In both cases I expect the money to be lost.

Send them a letter from your lawyers office. If they can't produce something you paid for (refunds or not) you are entitled to your money back. That's a serious crime if an online company just takes money from people then does not supply customer's with refunds upon request because there is no product. I can see if the customer just purchased it, and even three weeks down the road...but when you are talking about months and months then that's pretty much a given. ANY office unofficial or not will side with you on this one.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:11:14 AM

Shame on BFL

I'm not BFL you moron.

all you do over here is posting profanity

All you do is repeat the same red text saying "there's no confirmation" despite there being moderate levels of confirmation. Enough "confirmation" for a criminal trial? Fuck no, but the preponderance of the evidence points to real but shitty ASICs.

still no confirmation of a working asic product

It's going to be fucking hilarious in 6 months when they finally ship.

you do not see a problem with 6 month from now?

This is where the argument can get confusing for some. The issue isn't "Will they ever ship, EVER", it's "will the highly speculative product be worth the risk after all the gold has already been mined?".

They advertised made-to-order shovels, but they're waiting until after the gold rush is over to provide them it seems.

That's why I suggested in the beginning of March we should do this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151619.0

And yes, I've already got my refund from the two orders I had. Too bad I didn't leave them in a wallet long enough. I would have never thought over $240 for bitcoin.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:15:17 AM

As far as I'm aware, BFL is waiting until a hardware revision is done to improve power usage before delivering any more.

"delivering any more"

BFL has delivered ASIC units to customers? I haven't seen on post on here about it.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:03:05 AM

Shame on BFL

I'm not BFL you moron.

all you do over here is posting profanity

All you do is repeat the same red text saying "there's no confirmation" despite there being moderate levels of confirmation. Enough "confirmation" for a criminal trial? Fuck no, but the preponderance of the evidence points to real but shitty ASICs.

still no confirmation of a working asic product

This is where the argument can get confusing for some. The issue isn't "Will they ever ship, EVER", it's "will the highly speculative product be worth the risk after all the gold has already been mined?".

They advertised made-to-order shovels, but they're waiting until after the gold rush is over to provide them it seems.

That's why I suggested in the beginning of March we should do this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151619.0

And yes, I've already got my refund from the two orders I had. Too bad I didn't leave them in a wallet long enough. I would have never thought over $240 for bitcoin.

For God's sake, quit broadcasting the exchange rate, for if you add three zeros to any rate amount, then add a few more coins, you'll get idea on what some idiot maybe lost at InstaWallet.

Back on-topic: I don't remember seeing an FCC on the first ASIC shipped to Luke. Maybe it's on the bottom. I wonder if Steven saw any FCC tags in the back room last time he was there. Instead of going back to see, he could send a memo to the staff asking them if they've seen any. Maybe the subject will come up during the next party when the entire staff is in one room of their mega-size facility.

Maybe a phone once or twice a week to A. L. Huber's office is warranted just to make sure they're still there. We don't have a clue that they are even still there since Luke left. Case in point, Ken is no longer at the dealership in Australia.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:54:13 AM

I truly hope they ship and soon, because BFL failing huge (not just being late) is going to be detrimental to everyone.
I do not agree. The arrogant tramps should perish

I've heard this said many times now (the top quote).

I'm curious.  Just what would the detrimental effect be to non-customers?

As a miner with a substantial investment in mining gear already in my possession and operating, BFL failing to deliver would be of great benefit to me, as my existing rigs would get to keep a larger share of the hash pie.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:03:16 AM

Laughable. Are we going to have a BET on that?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:50:15 AM

Send them a letter from your lawyers office. If they can't produce something you paid for (refunds or not) you are entitled to your money back. That's a serious crime if an online company just takes money from people then does not supply customer's with refunds upon request because there is no product. I can see if the customer just purchased it, and even three weeks down the road...but when you are talking about months and months then that's pretty much a given. ANY office unofficial or not will side with you on this one.

Are lawyers that cheap in the US? From the bASIC thread I have numbers in the area of 100-250 USD per hour in mind. Is BFL is required to pay my lawyer if my request is valid? Otherwise this option makes no sense.

Another option seems to be a to file a consumer protection complaint. But that seems to be lost time if I take the case of Trendon Shavers as a reference. I have the feeling that this small business stuff in the US is like the wild west. If your business partner turns out to be a crook, your only chance is to go, shoot him and take your money.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1815

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:24:59 AM

Bitcoin is going to fail in 6 months?
Why do you say that?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:27:24 AM

Bitcoin is going to fail in 6 months?
Why do you say that?

no one said it will fail ... he said it will ship ...
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:34:31 AM

This is where the argument can get confusing for some. The issue isn't "Will they ever ship, EVER", it's "will the highly speculative product be worth the risk after all the gold has already been mined?

Implies bitoin failure Wink

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:01:17 PM

I truly hope they ship and soon, because BFL failing huge (not just being late) is going to be detrimental to everyone.
I do not agree. The arrogant tramps should perish

I've heard this said many times now (the top quote).

I'm curious.  Just what would the detrimental effect be to non-customers?

As a miner with a substantial investment in mining gear already in my possession and operating, BFL failing to deliver would be of great benefit to me, as my existing rigs would get to keep a larger share of the hash pie.
There will be a POSITITVE effect to every one else in the mining business.   A huge amount of capital that would have went into increasing the HR would have been removed from competition and you will enjoy a far greater return in the near term than you would.   The scandal will not hurt BTC in valuation.
So, there is NO negative.   And, people will not be as stupid in the future which is a good thing too.

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:11:22 PM

And, people will not be as stupid in the future which is a good thing too.

That won't happen.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:13:32 PM

And, people will not be as stupid in the future which is a good thing too.

That won't happen.
OK, the SAME people who have been burned will not be AS stupid as they were.   Better?   Hopefully, those people will jump in on gox and spend their student loan money (yes that seems to be the source of many BFL pre-orders) and squeeze a constrained float F/X higher.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:07:16 PM

Du-Rag!

R2D2  Wink
are you correcting my spelling or telling me I am not insane and this BFL cheering canuck has a beanie on his head to make him look like R2D2?

You're not insane, I think it's R2D2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: