Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:31:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coinjedi / betsofbitco.in SCAMMERS: Declares "Push" on obvious win for BFL bet  (Read 27977 times)
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:48:42 PM

Theymos' opinion is that scammers are just fine and don't get a tag as long as they don't do the scamming on the forums.

coinjedi's signature says:

Bets of Bitcoin
http://betsofbitco.in/

That means he's linking to his operation in every post.

How is that not "scamming on the forums"?  He's using the forum to post links to a site which refuses to pay out rightful winners.

Pirate had a website which he linked to from the forums as well.  Does that mean he wasn't scamming on the forums?

Nope it isn't. It may be a technicality but the bet was made on their own website with their own terms..... Everyone that took the bet, took the terms with them!

And they changed the goddamn terms.  Jesus Christ, how simple does it have to get.

Still on their website, or did theymos or any other mod change the "terms of agreement" of this forum lately?

Correct me if I'm wrong but its still their decision (a poor one one sure!) and their "therm of agreement" on their website, not this forum.... These two are not connected!

Point me towards a link...?

Your choice, as mine, is clear: DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 03:48:07 AM

I submitted this video two weeks ago, but it was just approved today. Enjoy, albeit there's a slight error, but not that bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrvsQU_H4yk
Beepbop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:19:01 AM

In other words, if you have a website, you're a captain of industry and caveat emptor, f*** you got mine, immune from prosecution, but if you're just a plebe that runs your business in a forum thread and can't afford your own website, then scammer tag for you.  Wink
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:44:32 AM

• Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee.

So my only remaining question at this point is, was LukeJr a customer of BFL ?

Yes = outcome FALSE
No = outcome TRUE

Regarding the bet being hosted despite being open to interpretation - very very bad form on the part of betsofbitco.in - this makes them (in this instance at least) incompetent but not scammers.

Myself and a workmate both were eyeing off this bet but decided against it due to the wording being to vague.
If this kind of thing keeps happening I do not see a future for bitcoin wagering sites.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 08:55:58 AM

In other words, if you have a website, you're a captain of industry and caveat emptor, f*** you got mine, immune from prosecution...

In other words you think this is the UN, and this forum is a court all businesses shall be prosecuted in?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:46:44 AM

• Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee.

Yes = outcome FALSE
No = outcome TRUE
Yes. I won't disclose my total purchase quantity, but I will say I paid in full for more than just my Little Single.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:51:01 AM

Yes = outcome FALSE
No = outcome TRUE

Regarding the bet being hosted despite being open to interpretation - very very bad form on the part of betsofbitco.in - this makes them (in this instance at least) incompetent but not scammers.

Myself and a workmate both were eyeing off this bet but decided against it due to the wording being to vague.
If this kind of thing keeps happening I do not see a future for bitcoin wagering sites.

They didn't ship anything, therefore there is no need to parse that condition. And the development board shown in the picture does not qualify for the bet even if they had actually shipped him that.

You are the guy who does that awesome list. I was just thinking about that a couple of days ago and that someone should contact you to let you know what has happened.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:01:08 PM

But that's racist.

Also, BFL was a customer of Luke-jr, not the other way around (as in, Luke was being paid by BFL at the time, not the other way around). Not that this matters, their pic is both late and fake, and no delivery took place.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:04:37 PM

In other words, if you have a website, you're a captain of industry and caveat emptor, f*** you got mine, immune from prosecution, but if you're just a plebe that runs your business in a forum thread and can't afford your own website, then scammer tag for you.  Wink

No..... Is this forum, their mods or theymos some kind of police or the authority of bitcoin? Are we in a sort of goverment contract with this forum?
Why should he give tags out like it's nothing?

Do you trust others with your money?
Why should a forum with the topic "money" give out scammer tag's towards people not affiliated with it?

Its easy:

Scam here, get a TAG!
Scam on your own website..... not the forums problem! (Just don't use their site)

PS:
If they changed their terms while the bet was still running that bet should be handled under the old therms! Or be revised towards the new therms only with knowledge and acceptance of all participants...

In other words, if you have a website, you're a captain of industry and caveat emptor, f*** you got mine, immune from prosecution...

In other words you think this is the UN, and this forum is a court all businesses shall be prosecuted in?

^this

MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:30:18 PM

PS:
If they changed their terms while the bet was still running that bet should be handled under the old therms! Or be revised towards the new therms only with knowledge and acceptance of all participants...

Which is exactly what BitBet did/does. Here's the corresponding complaint threads: 1, 2.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:27:25 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 05:45:53 AM by mem

Yes = outcome FALSE
No = outcome TRUE
Yes. I won't disclose my total purchase quantity, but I will say I paid in full for more than just my Little Single.

Thank you Luke.

Now we are down to semantics, was the unit delivered to you LukeJr or did you pick it up ?

edit:

de·liv·er  
/diˈlivər/
Verb
Bring and hand over (a letter, parcel, or ordered goods) to the proper recipient or address.
Formally hand over (someone).
Synonyms
hand over - rescue

Full disclosure my english sucks, but looking @ the literal definition of deliver luke could arrive at BFL hq and had the parcel given to him in person and it would still be considered delivered.

Im reviewing the bet statement again to see if there is anything else.

edit2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping

Well now it gets even more difficult, since we are down to semantics "ship" or "shipping" implies a vessel would carry the item/package to its destination. So a person to person transfer would not be considered shipping.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:54:48 AM

Yes = outcome FALSE
No = outcome TRUE

Thank you Luke.

Now we are down to semantics, was the unit delivered to you LukeJr or did you pick it up ?

edit:

de·liv·er 
/diˈlivər/
Verb
Bring and hand over (a letter, parcel, or ordered goods) to the proper recipient or address.
Formally hand over (someone).
Synonyms
hand over - rescue

Full disclosure my english sucks, but looking @ the literal definition of deliver luke could arrive at BFL hq and had the parcel given to him in person and it would still be considered delivered.

Im reviewing the bet statement again to see if there is anything else.

edit2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping

Well now it gets even more difficult, since we are down to semantics "ship" or "shipping" implies a vessel would carry the item/package to its destination. So a person to person transfer would not be considered shipping.

Did the development board(ie not one of the products listed to be eligible for the bet) even leave the BFL offices? All the pictures show is the board hooked up to Josh(or BFL's) killawatt on a desk in the BFL office.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:57:27 AM

Also, I appreciate that you're trying to look at this objectively. But do not expect Luke to give straight answers to your questions.

I would be pleasantly surprised however if he just all of a sudden decided to stop being deceptive and just gave you honest answers.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:48:51 PM

I will say I paid in full for more than just my Little Single.

Thank you Luke.

Excellent! Now we have Luke-jr agreeing that the bet should have been called a Win. Read the bet:

This bet concerns the 3 Butterfly Labs Bitforce SC products announced here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87934.msg966886#msg966886

which leads to:

1)    BitForce SC Jalapeno: a USB powered coffee warmer providing 3.5 GH/s, priced at under $149
2)    BitForce SC Single: a standalone unit providing roughly 40 GH/s, priced at $1,299
3)    BitForce SC Mini Rig: a case & rack mount server providing 1 TH/s, priced at $29,899

Notice that the Little Single that Luke-jr "received" is not listed, and thus cannot be considered for the bet.

Buy & Hold
MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:53:07 PM

Thank you Luke.

Excellent! Now we have Luke-jr agreeing that the bet should have been called a Win. Read the bet:

which leads to:

1)    BitForce SC Jalapeno: a USB powered coffee warmer providing 3.5 GH/s, priced at under $149
2)    BitForce SC Single: a standalone unit providing roughly 40 GH/s, priced at $1,299
3)    BitForce SC Mini Rig: a case & rack mount server providing 1 TH/s, priced at $29,899

Notice that the Little Single that Luke-jr "received" is not listed, and thus cannot be considered for the bet.

You are wasting your breath. Mem is a dishonest piece of shit, he's here strictly to fish for possible reasons he might use to justify - no matter how superficially - propping this scamsite.

He's trolling some other thread looking for the exact reverse, possible reasons he might use to justify - no matter how superficially - mislabeling the one actual betting site as a scam. (He's not listed it at all for the past...3 months or so. Apparently the fact that BitBet killed Betsofbitco.in in the marketplace is kinda difficult to swallow for his employer.)

He has a history of shady dealing of this sort. His concern is singular: to somehow scrape together something which which may be confused with an argument in favor of his sponsors by noobs/clueless people. That is all.

Shilling, in other words.

PS. Mem, you might as well go make a new handle. This one is screwed.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:40:17 PM

Thank you Luke.

which leads to:

You are wasting your breath. Mem is a dishonest piece of shit, he's here strictly to fish for possible reasons he might use to justify - no matter how superficially - propping this scamsite.

He's trolling some other thread looking for the exact reverse, possible reasons he might use to justify - no matter how superficially - mislabeling the one actual betting site as a scam. (He's not listed it at all for the past...3 months or so. Apparently the fact that BitBet killed Betsofbitco.in in the marketplace is kinda difficult to swallow for his employer.)

He has a history of shady dealing of this sort. His concern is singular: to somehow scrape together something which which may be confused with an argument in favor of his sponsors by noobs/clueless people. That is all.

Shilling, in other words.

If mem ignores what has been pointed out by myself and Syke, then it seems what you say would be true.

If he's going to do that he probably shouldn't have even posted in the first place. Reason being that if he doesn't acknowledge the true facts that are laid out in this thread it will be hard evidence showing that the list is a sham.

Obviously if he comes to his senses and actually looks at what has gone on here that won't be the case. And he won't lose credibility from this specific thread. Although there seem to be other things going on that I wasn't aware of before that do not pertain to the matter we are discussing now.
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:14:31 AM

If mem ignores what has been pointed out by myself and Syke, then it seems what you say would be true.

If he's going to do that he probably shouldn't have even posted in the first place. Reason being that if he doesn't acknowledge the true facts that are laid out in this thread it will be hard evidence showing that the list is a sham.

Obviously if he comes to his senses and actually looks at what has gone on here that won't be the case. And he won't lose credibility from this specific thread. Although there seem to be other things going on that I wasn't aware of before that do not pertain to the matter we are discussing now.

The decision has already been made, dont like it email me with your reasoned argument.

Quoting that racist scammer MPO-ER is not doing you any favours.

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:23:40 AM

Addressing the lies in this thread:

You are wasting your breath. Mem is a dishonest piece of shit,

Oh really, quote me one time where I lied.

Im quoting one of your lies right now you lying piece of shit.

he's here strictly to fish for possible reasons he might use to justify - no matter how superficially - propping this scamsite.
Nope, its why I striked them out of the list until I felt the matter was resolved after hearing from all parties involved. They now have a permanent asterix next to their name as does bitbet.us.

He's trolling some other thread looking for the exact reverse, possible reasons he might use to justify
Lying again, you were caught out ripping off clients on your own site - this is why your spending so much time here trying to fling shit on betsofbitco.in.

Apparently the fact that BitBet killed Betsofbitco.in in the marketplace is kinda difficult to swallow for his employer.)

Wow, you really are delusional arent you.

He has a history of shady dealing of this sort.

Provide quotes or again prove  that you are a liar.

His concern is singular: to somehow scrape together something which which may be confused with an argument in favor of his sponsors by noobs/clueless people. That is all.
That is a very apt description of yourself, my what a warped twisted mind you have.

Unlike yourself I have been asking for citations the entire time, Im used to dealing with liars like yourself - its why I cant operate on what 1 player claims, I need proof.

Im here for the long haul Smiley Keep trying your best to destroy my character by lying about me.

Reason being that if he doesn't acknowledge the true facts that are laid out in this thread

What true facts, where is this summary you claim and links and quotes to back it up.

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:27:14 AM

Yes = outcome FALSE
No = outcome TRUE

Bolded the important part in red those like MrPOO-ER who have obvious reading disabilities.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:00:12 AM

Reason being that if he doesn't acknowledge the true facts that are laid out in this thread

What true facts, where is this summary you claim and links and quotes to back it up.

This:

which leads to:

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: