Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:24:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172888 times)
Fallenkeith75

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

Hi Crypto Friends :)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 11:14:41 PM

So who is going to maintain 100+ wallets so people can withdraw?  Or, are they going to convert it all to BTC and we withdraw that?  I think some of the old coins are now inactive.

I hope its into BTC since most of mine left there was BTC. It could simplify my withdrawal and most of the coins I had left over was with small / semi-worthless projects (if i'm honest about it) anyways.

Make sure to always backup your crypto seeds and passphrases friends

~If you see this signature, I hope you have a great day today!~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 12:04:06 PM

The judge should now set a time limit or Grant Thornton will drag this out for a long time. If Grant Thornton doesn't want to return the coins promptly and continues to drag this out then lawsuits and criminal charges are coming.

Whats very disturbing is how Cryptopia initially said a maximum of 9% of the coins were stolen. Which means at the worst 9% of the coins were stolen. So somewhere in the range of 5% to 9% of the coins were stolen.

Grant Thornton's documents say that somewhere between 9% and 15% were stolen. How did they jump from a maximum of 9% to a maximum of 15%. Grant Thornton and the Cryptopia thieves are continuing to drain the coins wallets and hoping nobody notices it.

Some company named Elementus did a detailed report initially on exactly how many and which coins were stolen, so if any more coins are stolen it should be able to be found out about.

https://elementus.io/blog/cryptopia-hack-transparency/

If it turns out that Cryptopia and Grant Thornton are continuing to steal coins then embezzlement charges will be coming down the pipe for those idiots.

They need to secure the wallets, update the binaries for each wallet , which means contacting coins developers and downloading the latest software, and running sql commands for each coin, totaling the amount for each coin in the database, and comparing the amounts to how many coins are in each of the coins wallets.

Then finally emailing us with temporary user names and passwords so we can log in, upload kyc, and withdraw the coins. This shouldn't take more than a month to finish.

Well, this is quite good news for people who are waiting for a very long time. I think that it is not a good idea to convert it to BTC since we all know that the value really plummets really hard.
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 08:38:13 PM

The judge should now set a time limit or Grant Thornton will drag this out for a long time. If Grant Thornton doesn't want to return the coins promptly and continues to drag this out then lawsuits and criminal charges are coming.

Whats very disturbing is how Cryptopia initially said a maximum of 9% of the coins were stolen. Which means at the worst 9% of the coins were stolen. So somewhere in the range of 5% to 9% of the coins were stolen.

Grant Thornton's documents say that somewhere between 9% and 15% were stolen. How did they jump from a maximum of 9% to a maximum of 15%. Grant Thornton and the Cryptopia thieves are continuing to drain the coins wallets and hoping nobody notices it.

Some company named Elementus did a detailed report initially on exactly how many and which coins were stolen, so if any more coins are stolen it should be able to be found out about.

https://elementus.io/blog/cryptopia-hack-transparency/

If it turns out that Cryptopia and Grant Thornton are continuing to steal coins then embezzlement charges will be coming down the pipe for those idiots.

They need to secure the wallets, update the binaries for each wallet , which means contacting coins developers and downloading the latest software, and running sql commands for each coin, totaling the amount for each coin in the database, and comparing the amounts to how many coins are in each of the coins wallets.

Then finally emailing us with temporary user names and passwords so we can log in, upload kyc, and withdraw the coins. This shouldn't take more than a month to finish.

Well, this is quite good news for people who are waiting for a very long time. I think that it is not a good idea to convert it to BTC since we all know that the value really plummets really hard.
Hopefully this all will happen and we will able to have our coins because its very long time and this lock down is also frustrated which is killing very badly now.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 08:59:43 AM

As easy as it may be to update all wallets, provide people with temporary logins so that they can do the verification and then open the wallets for withdrawals, I bet that neither Cryptopia nor Grant Thornton are interested in this ending too quickly. Forget one month, or something similar. Despite the good news (court ruling) expect further dissinformation and can kicking. I would love to be proven wrong, but I simply don't expect any break to happen any time soon, proven how long it took to get here (with rather obvious statement that coins belong to the user and not to the exchange) and what the information policy was. 

this space is intentionally left blank
kabit9

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 02:13:53 PM

Grant Thornton is not going to steal user funds!! This comment has got to be one of the most imbecilic I've read this month, even with all the COVID crap going around.

I suggest you read what you wrote again in front of the mirror, and if you feel like slapping yourself lightly across the face for stupidity, go right ahead mate - you deserve it!

Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 02:18:01 PM

How can I find out if and which coins and how much if any I had in there?
kabit9

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 02:37:40 PM
Merited by Fragbait (1)

How can I find out if and which coins and how much if any I had in there?

Probably you cannot for now.  Once the liquidators start to contact customers via email, that is when you will have a chance.

TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 10:34:48 PM

Grant Thornton is not going to steal user funds!! This comment has got to be one of the most imbecilic I've read this month, even with all the COVID crap going around.

I suggest you read what you wrote again in front of the mirror, and if you feel like slapping yourself lightly across the face for stupidity, go right ahead mate - you deserve it!

LOL you're right there bud just read back a few pages you'll see he's condoning violence using baseball bats for the sake of a few shitcoins he gambled on. Might be how he handles problems in his 3rd world back water shithole but nz'ers have a more civilized way of doing things.
A light slap is his idea of foreplay.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 11:55:50 PM

OK, time for a reality check.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/121115118/coronavirus-sound-of-crunching-leaves-deafening-in-central-christchurch

Christchurch as with the whole of New Zealand has been in a level four lock down for the past month so it is remarkable that the courts were able to convene at all to make any kind of decision concerning Cryptopia.  In a few short hours the New Zealand Prime Minister will as the website Stuff.co.nz are reporting: Today, sometime after 10.30am, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and her Cabinet will make the decision of their careers.

For those interested, the video shows Christchurch's CBD area and a few other areas such as the Brighton Pier (a short walk away from one owner's registered place of residence).

At the start of the clip if you turn left after passing through the Bridge of Remembrance Arch you will be standing outside Grant Thornton's office.  About half way through the clip, as the camera floats over some park benches where you can see GT's building in the background and then a clearer forward facing view with the Avon River and reflective steps in the foreground of the shot.  (GT's building I've previously posted photo's of on my most recent visit to Christchurch in October last year)

It's no use getting angry with GT, the New Zealand Police or the NZ Courts.  They have a job to do and they are doing the best they can under unprecedented conditions.

Some of you should be tracking the coins that were stolen or look at the toxic culture that permeated Cryptopia including Trolls who came into this thread claiming to be either employees or supporters of Cryptopia yet they Trolled those who have lost Crypto because of theft instead of making sweeping claims of theft by GT, the police or the courts (or all).  Every post you make in this forum is archived regardless of whether you then delete the post or not, so be careful what you post for it might come back to haunt you when you provide KYC information to recover your funds.

sisquo2121

Activity: 127
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 12:50:04 AM

You are one dumb mother fucker aren't you. They have access to the wallets so of course they can steal as much as they want you fucking moron. They can claim the database was off and not accurate while they steal as much as they want.

How can you be so naive and gullible to think Grant Thornton isn't trying to steal coins.  You must be a little kid or someone that's still being trained by mommy how to suck her old nasty nipples the correct way.  Your'e either one of the dumbest people on earth or you work for Grant Thornton.

They've gone from a max of 9% to a max of 15% stolen. The next it'll be is 25% then 50% coins gone.  Why don't you go jump off a bridge you idiot. You deserve a bat to the face for being so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 02:39:22 AM
Merited by kabit9 (1)

And there it is we're back to the normal sisq ranting with homoerotic images of baseball bats to the face, is that how daddy punished you big boy? Lockdown is great knowing 100% this prick is in his hut with only the back of his sisters head to look at. And a picture of your nutsack is not kyc.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 03:35:11 AM

And there it is we're back to the normal sisq ranting with homoerotic images of baseball bats to the face, is that how daddy punished you big boy? Lockdown is great knowing 100% this prick is in his hut with only the back of his sisters head to look at. And a picture of your nutsack is not kyc.

Am temporarily out of merits for your post TCM. 

All we can do is give this troll a negative trust feedback and to also add them to our Default Trust "Distrust" here: [LINK]

Code:
~sisquo2121

Don't forget : Don't feed the Trolls.

sisquo2121

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:02:24 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2020, 04:14:31 AM by sisquo2121

You don't even make any sense you caveman. Just an illiterate moron. You ramble a bunch of incoherent gibberish. Just randomly throwing down nonsense and hope it sticks.  Probably some Maori caveman living in a cave.  Don't you dark skinned Maori primates have sex with sheep and eat your own waste.

Your just a mouthy little idiot that could never backup his owns words and pretends to be tough on the internet. You'd get knocked out and stomped on idiot.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:05:37 AM

Live right now: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/121124382/live-prime-minister-makes-lockdown-announcement-at-4pm

The NZ PM is announcing a potential reduction from level four to level three restrictions.  This will enable New Zealand business to prepare for business to reopen in the coming weeks.

sisquo2121

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:31:34 AM

OK, time for a reality check.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/121115118/coronavirus-sound-of-crunching-leaves-deafening-in-central-christchurch

Christchurch as with the whole of New Zealand has been in a level four lock down for the past month so it is remarkable that the courts were able to convene at all to make any kind of decision concerning Cryptopia.  In a few short hours the New Zealand Prime Minister will as the website Stuff.co.nz are reporting: Today, sometime after 10.30am, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and her Cabinet will make the decision of their careers.

For those interested, the video shows Christchurch's CBD area and a few other areas such as the Brighton Pier (a short walk away from one owner's registered place of residence).

At the start of the clip if you turn left after passing through the Bridge of Remembrance Arch you will be standing outside Grant Thornton's office.  About half way through the clip, as the camera floats over some park benches where you can see GT's building in the background and then a clearer forward facing view with the Avon River and reflective steps in the foreground of the shot.  (GT's building I've previously posted photo's of on my most recent visit to Christchurch in October last year)

It's no use getting angry with GT, the New Zealand Police or the NZ Courts.  They have a job to do and they are doing the best they can under unprecedented conditions.

Some of you should be tracking the coins that were stolen or look at the toxic culture that permeated Cryptopia including Trolls who came into this thread claiming to be either employees or supporters of Cryptopia yet they Trolled those who have lost Crypto because of theft instead of making sweeping claims of theft by GT, the police or the courts (or all).  Every post you make in this forum is archived regardless of whether you then delete the post or not, so be careful what you post for it might come back to haunt you when you provide KYC information to recover your funds.

Let them do their jobs. That is one of the dumbest things said on here. They haven't done their jobs you idiot. That's the problem. They have secured the wallets. They haven't updated binaries. They haven't compared the database with whats in the wallets. The police haven't found out who committed the hack and haven't arrested anyone. You stupid low iq moron. That's the problem. They haven't done there fucking jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Grant Thornton stealing funds they have a long history of criminal activity.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-grantthornton-theft/ex-grant-thornton-partner-gets-four-and-a-half-years-for-4-million-theft-idUSBREA2B1QG20140312

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB107300032672672400

https://www.ft.com/content/b96aa256-f775-11e2-a618-00144feabdc0
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:37:49 AM

...They haven't done there fucking jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just thought I'd point out that the correct use of "their" you are grasping to use is as follows:

Code:
T
H
E
I
R

There are many other examples of how they're doing their jobs if you know where to look such as over there.

OK?

kabit9

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:49:25 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2020, 05:05:51 AM by kabit9

You are one dumb mother fucker aren't you. They have access to the wallets so of course they can steal as much as they want you fucking moron. They can claim the database was off and not accurate while they steal as much as they want.

How can you be so naive and gullible to think Grant Thornton isn't trying to steal coins.  You must be a little kid or someone that's still being trained by mommy how to suck her old nasty nipples the correct way.  Your'e either one of the dumbest people on earth or you work for Grant Thornton.

They've gone from a max of 9% to a max of 15% stolen. The next it'll be is 25% then 50% coins gone.  Why don't you go jump off a bridge you idiot. You deserve a bat to the face for being so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly you should mentally be ready to write off 100% of what is stuck on Cryptopia. The fact that you get anything back should be considered lucky. Out of curiousity how much did you have stuck there? 10$?

Grant Thornton also has access to the books of some of the biggest companies in the world that are going through insolvency proceedings and various other stages of liquidation.  Does that mean they will steal all their money? The 3 feeble links you posted are individual employees going rogue. Where has GT been prosecuted? Are you that blinded by $10 worth of shitcoins? Maybe try out that bat against the back of your noggin a few times.

No, I don't work for Grant Thornton, though I have engaged them for some audit work in the past and was satisfied with their work.

I think it's quite clear for all to see who the kid is here.  When you say 'kid', I assume you are reffereing to a level a maturity typically found amongst your peer group.

Now let's get back to the issue of your education. Clearly you developed a semi-decent grasp of the English language but logic and reasoning was left out in your esteemed educational insitution.  Give me 3 guesses:
1. Home schooled in trailer park
2. Home schooled in a travelling circus
3. Self taught everything through Youtube videos

Let them do their jobs. That is one of the dumbest things said on here. They haven't done their jobs you idiot. That's the problem. They have secured the wallets. They haven't updated binaries. They haven't compared the database with whats in the wallets. The police haven't found out who committed the hack and haven't arrested anyone. You stupid low iq moron. That's the problem. They haven't done there fucking jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUGGESTION:
Why don't you offer your technical expertise to go and help them? Since you seem to know what's required, please go to GT's Auckland office with your baseball bat and see what you can do on behalf of all of us. Would be happy to see you in cuffs the outcome.

In case they don't accept your tempting offer of assistance, I'll upgrade my initial suggestion of a light slap to the face to take a pair of pliers and stick them far up your ass.  Once they're lodged deep enough, try looking for your head and pull it out for a breath of fresh air.

Go home son, you dont belong here.  

sisquo2121

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 05:48:22 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 07:15:44 AM by sisquo2121

Firstly you should mentally be ready to write off 100% of what is stuck on Cryptopia. The fact that you get anything back should be considered lucky. Out of curiousity how much did you have stuck there? 10$?

Grant Thornton also has access to the books of some of the biggest companies in the world that are going through insolvency proceedings and various other stages of liquidation.  Does that mean they will steal all their money? The 3 feeble links you posted are individual employees going rogue. Where has GT been prosecuted? Are you that blinded by $10 worth of shitcoins? Maybe try out that bat against the back of your noggin a few times.

No, I don't work for Grant Thornton, though I have engaged them for some audit work in the past and was satisfied with their work.

I think it's quite clear for all to see who the kid is here.  When you say 'kid', I assume you are reffereing to a level a maturity typically found amongst your peer group.

Now let's get back to the issue of your education. Clearly you developed a semi-decent grasp of the English language but logic and reasoning was left out in your esteemed educational insitution.  Give me 3 guesses:
1. Home schooled in trailer park
2. Home schooled in a travelling circus
3. Self taught everything through Youtube videos

SUGGESTION:
Why don't you offer your technical expertise to go and help them? Since you seem to know what's required, please go to GT's Auckland office with your baseball bat and see what you can do on behalf of all of us. Would be happy to see you in cuffs the outcome.

In case they don't accept your tempting offer of assistance, I'll upgrade my initial suggestion of a light slap to the face to take a pair of pliers and stick them far up your ass.  Once they're lodged deep enough, try looking for your head and pull it out for a breath of fresh air.

Go home son, you dont belong here.  

1) You inbred scum I've lost a few thousand dollars not $10. Nice try bending the truth and exaggerating to make it seem like I lost a minimal amount and therefor something I shouldn't pursue. Your tactics are so trivial and amateurish it's cringe worthy. Moron tactics. Exaggerate the facts so it makes it seem like the person has nothing worth pursuing.

2) You even admit you've used them to do auditing work for you so you have a connection with them and even like them. Nobody is that stupid to actually admit that unless they have an iq the size of a walnut.

Admitting you have previous work with them and are even friends with them? Your biased is disgusting. You might as well admit you share the same hookers and both come from the same family line of inbred family members. The bond is strong between you and Grant Thornton isn't it.

3) Doing a single audit for some low life trailer trash hillbilly is not the same as auditing a heist worth millions of dollars. The few dollars you made fucking dogs assholes for the private freak shows you hold doesn't equate to auditing a huge company worth a couple hundred million. You are one of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet.

4) Three feeble links I've posted? That's just the first links that came up on google. There are many more links you imbecile. Are you that stupid to think that those are the only links out there showing Grant Thornton's criminal behavior.

Furthermore ,you idiot, there are only a few grant Thornton employees handling the case so it is always rogue employees who do the theft not the whole company. Do you think when it comes to embezzlement it would involve the whole company. It would only ever be a couple employees directly involved in the case. Your logic is so bad and pathetic that I think you have mental retardation.

The facts are very clear. They haven't done a damn thing besides sell a few fucking chairs and computers and charge a million for it you moron!!!!!!!

Name one thing they've accomplished in the 15 months since the hack happened. Name one. You can't because they haven't done anything. They haven't secured the wallets. They haven't updated binaries or contacted any of the developers. They haven't compared the database with the wallets. What have they done besides sell some chairs and computers.

Now let me guess where you got your training from.

Sucking your cave mothers saggy pancake tits when you were young while she you gave you stories about your inbred ancestors. Those old saggy nipples that hang to her knees and allow you to suckle her from the floor without even having to get on her lap. You can lie on your back while she bends over slightly to engage those old flap jacks for her inbred offspring. I guess the saying goes mamma knows best.

The ancient practice your inbred family showed you out on the farm chasing goats and giving them the anal treatment you and your family have enjoyed for centuries?

Maybe you got your education from grade school where you were bullied and thrown into garbage cans upside down because of the pathetic sickly little weakling you are. Did that teach you to be an internet rambo and pretend to be knowledgeable.

You have the knowledge level of a chimpanzee. So come with facts to back up your pathetic weak assertions or else get the fuck out of here and stop posting your meaningless worthless nonsense.

I have facts to back up my claims. You have nothing but grade school taunts, which seems to be a thing with you inbred New Zealanders , because you sound like that other idiot cryptomaster with your low level illiterate command of the language and your grade school taunts trying to divert attention away from facts and get into mudslinging.

kabit9

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 05:50:12 AM

Sing me a song next please, the first few lines of your post had so much garbage I couldn't even get to the end of it.

Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 09:27:36 AM

Once again comes the topic of trust in Grant Thornton and once again I have to make a clarification: GT is NOT a huge multinational corporation. It is a federation of local consulting firms. So GT NZ is sort of a franchise.
Their website description plainly states:
Grant Thornton is one of the world's largest professional services network of independent accounting and consulting member firms

And yeah, once again I have to point that GT NZ bosses involved in this liquidation are acquaintances of Cryptopia owners. I also need to point out GT NZ does not need to steal anything. They can legally take however much they please as consulting fees. As they already did up until now and surely they will continue to drag on, as fees mount.
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: