Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:31:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424132 times)
ozoner

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:47:43 PM

I am considering MEC and FRK as the next two coins I add.

FRK would be appreciated particularly. (MEC too).  Have you tried to find a franko pool that a) works and b) is taking registrations lately?

Sign up to hire altcoin Mining Rigs! http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=166 Lease my Scrypt mining rigs : http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?fprovider=ozoner
My Reputation thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431294.0
Send me BTC : 1Q7CodAkY4VqgNGkM2YbCEsBeUhA5qJDFf
paulm

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:31:56 PM

The issue with porportional is that it would give the people with higher hashrate an advantage on the faster coins, since sometimes blocks are found within 15 seconds or less.  When we're on MNC, for example, my 7970 is normally only able to submit 2-3 shares between blocks.

If someone was mining at 200KH, they might not even be able to get a share in between some blocks, resulting in no proportional payout at all for that block.

And how is that any different with PPLNS, if you don't submit any shares, then you don't get any reward.
Farthom

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:03:21 AM

Getting "Pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: (null)" consistently.... My workers are all falling back to other pools. Please fix......

And yes I've double checked my credentials...
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:46:55 AM

I've been mining here for more or less a week now and I'd like to give a little feedback.

First of all, the minor issues due to the DB upgrade aside, the pool works great! I was switching pools with a Perl script before mining here. While that works as well, keeping track of several pools and there respective fees is quite a hassle. So thank you for saving me that daily headache. Smiley

Regarding the possible changes that have been discussed in the last pages:

Auto-conversion

If you're going to implement some auto-conversion to another currency, consider BTC instead of LTC. Unless you can exchange the altcoins directly for LTC, I'd pay exchange fees thrice where I only should pay them once (altcoin -> BTC -> LTC -> BTC).

Users that prefer LTC over BTC would just have to convert the BTC to LTC. Whether that's done by the pool or not, they'll pay exchange fees exactly twice.

Reward system

Personally, I'm not a big fan of PPS. PPS comes in two flavors: high fees (lower rewards in the long run) or low fees (big risk for the pool).

Rather than PPS or the current PPLNS + expiring shares, I think the nature of the pool (constant miners + multiport users) would benefit most from CPPSRB.

Since CPPSRB always pays the most recent shares first, that would eliminate the problem of constant miners' shares having to split their rewards with aged shares from multiport users. It might also mitigate the whining every time the pool switches to a high-difficulty coin and then back without finding a block. If the funds become available, those shares will get paid.
Autoconversion would be great
redtwitz

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:22:26 AM

I would consider CPPRSB, but it'd take time and a major recode to implement.

Can't argue with that...

Pool hoppers at multiport pool he he  Grin Looks like PPS would be better, i think, but any other reward system with payout for almost all shares considered to be good.

The pool doesn't offer only multiport. Pool hopping might become a severe issue for, e.g., LTC.

The issue with porportional is that it would give the people with higher hashrate an advantage on the faster coins, since sometimes blocks are found within 15 seconds or less.  When we're on MNC, for example, my 7970 is normally only able to submit 2-3 shares between blocks.

If someone was mining at 200KH, they might not even be able to get a share in between some blocks, resulting in no proportional payout at all for that block.

And how is that any different with PPLNS, if you don't submit any shares, then you don't get any reward.

In PPLNS, your shares fill a capacitor. Rather than getting paid according to the shares you submitted between the last two blocks, you get paid by your proportion of the last N shares, where N can be any number (usually some multiple of the difficulty).

Imagine that two consecutive shares generate valid blocks. With proportional reward, only the block finder will get paid for the second block. With PPLNS, all miners will receive almost exactly the same reward for both blocks.
Vampire_sumy

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:11:29 AM

Only imagine, most alcoins the pool working with will be mined in a short periods of time, usually 1-3 hours. That's why PPLNS reward system will cause heavily reduce profit for miners. A chances that pool find a block is not high i think (for example LTC). But for coins with short time of block generation all is ok.
Igotcha

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 08:41:53 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 10:06:07 AM by Igotcha

As far as I can see it for now, there needs to be a solution for LTC multipool mining.

I saw it a few times now that I mine LTC for hours, actual mining has over 460.000 shares, but no unconfirmed balances - the confirmed ones haven't changed either  Wink

That's a waste of resources for our side because we could have made money with the second best coin meanwhile.

EDIT:

If other users see it the same, a solution could be to move LTC out of the multipool.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:01:08 AM

currently mining 4h and something, more than 900000 shares, 0 unconfirmed,
when it switch to another currency, you' ve mined absolutely zero, nothing, none  Sad
so till this will not going to be sorted out, multiport cant expect growth of hashrate

This is my signature...
Vampire_sumy

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:13:15 AM

when it switch to another currency, you' ve mined absolutely zero, nothing, none  Sad
so till this will not going to be sorted out, multiport cant expect growth of hashrate

Thats why i dont switch my farms to this pool, it has outstanding potential, but still requires some technical updates
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:18:43 AM

when it switch to another currency, you' ve mined absolutely zero, nothing, none  Sad

Thats why i dont switch my farms to this pool, it has outstanding potential, but still requires some technical updates

One of the solutions is to direct Multipool LTC hash power to some other pool like (http://www.wemineltc.com/) or let users opt out of LTC mining once they are on multiport.

Guys, please understand that it is just bad luck: sometimes you get more, sometimes you get less for you submitted shares.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

maxpower

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:31:21 AM

Isn't this just because LTC rounds tend to take a long time? I've seen this kind of thing but I always get paid out eventually when the pool finds a block.

Mac Altcoin Wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672 | Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205035.0
BTC: 13wuRW8v1PtZrbKKrBfT5JcuiCwpMqpCmY
Igotcha

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 11:39:15 AM

Isn't this just because LTC rounds tend to take a long time? I've seen this kind of thing but I always get paid out eventually when the pool finds a block.

Problem seems to be the switching. If another coin becomes more profitable while mining LTC the multipool switches and as far I understand at that moment you lose alle your LTC shares if the block hasn't finished yet.
kslavik

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:42:38 AM

Problem is the switching. If another coin becomes more profitable while mining LTC the multipool switches and as far I understand at that moment you lose alle your LTC shares if the block hasn't finished yet.

It takes 24 hours to lose all your shares after the switch to another coin. There are some people who mine LTC directly and not on multiport. So, if a block is found in the next 24 hours (after your last share), you would still get your reward.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 11:43:55 AM

5h mining ltc, no block found still
give me ltc has 10x more power, found ~20 blocks

really bad luck
mirny
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:44:58 AM

yes it is exactly taking a long time, but look on in from this side, when some currency get a bigger ratio than ltc, it automaticaly switch to another currency, then block is not founded on ltc, that means, you'll not get paid for anything, that's main thing.

One of the solutions is to direct Multipool LTC hash power to some other pool like (http://www.wemineltc.com/) or let users opt out of LTC mining once they are on multiport.

Guys, please understand that it is just bad luck: sometimes you get more, sometimes you get less for you submitted shares.

you're right, i've already switched to WMLTC.
and about that luck, with small hashrate, there will be bad luck more often, than good luck,
people know about that, so because of that multipool have so small hashrate,
if this will be sorted, then will be a bigger hashrate and a bigger luck

This is my signature...
kslavik

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:54:43 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 02:57:47 PM by kslavik

yes it is exactly taking a long time, but look on in from this side, when some currency get a bigger ratio than ltc, it automaticaly switch to another currency, then block is not founded on ltc, that means, you'll not get paid for anything, that's main thing.

you're right, i've already switched to WMLTC.
and about that luck, with small hashrate, there will be bad luck more often, than good luck,
people know about thi, because of that have a multipool so small hashrate,
if this will be sorted, then will be a bigger hashrate and a bigger luck, my brain explains it to me like this

Multipool has smaller hash power because it is a newer pool. The hash power of multiport keeps growing at about 10%-15% per week.
By the way: your LTC shares are valid for 24 hours. So, if a block is found within 24 hours after you no longer mining LTC, you would still get your reward.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

mirny
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:03:45 PM

I hope hashrate will grow more, because as I sad, i think it's a good thought and service
now it jump to pxc, then i'll se if it is like you're sayin, hope you're right
i left half of my hashrate o this pool, so i'll see,
like this forum and experienced members as well, i'm learning tons of new things everyday, thanks.

This is my signature...
Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 02:34:13 PM

Would a solution be to rotate at least one cycle per day through each coin mined in the last 24 hours to preserve our shares???

ghghghfgh
kslavik

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Would a solution be to rotate at least one cycle per day through each coin mined in the last 24 hours to preserve our shares???

Your older shares would expire. Here how it works: Every share you have found has a timestamp and would get rewarded for the next 24 hours for each found block during the 24 hour period.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:19:40 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 03:36:41 PM by Aurum

Your older shares would expire. Here how it works: Every share you have found has a timestamp and would get rewarded for the next 24 hours for each found block during the 24 hour period.

Thanks for clarifying that. So, unless we find a block in less than 24 hours everyday then we will forfeit some shares. Clearly we don't have the critical mass to mine LTC in MultiPort. Compare that to WeMineLTC where they've found over 50 blocks today, 6,000 versus 500 MH/s.

So where would I get paid more if I left a miner dedicated to LTC 24x7???

ghghghfgh
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: