Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424089 times)
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:39:16 PM

Would a solution be to rotate at least one cycle per day through each coin mined in the last 24 hours to preserve our shares???

Your older shares would expire. Here how it works: Every share you have found has a timestamp and would get rewarded for the next 24 hours for each found block during the 24 hour period.

Thanks for clarifying that. So, unless we find a block in less than 24 hours everyday then we will forfeit some shares. Clearly we don't have the critical mass to mine LTC in MultiPort. Compare that to WeMineLTC where they've found over 50 blocks today, 6,000 versus 500 MH/s.

So where would I get paid more if I left a miner dedicated to LTC 24x7???

If you want to mine LTC dedicated you will certainly get more consistent payouts at a dedicated LTC pool that has a higher hashrate than Multipool.

That's not to say you'd get paid more.  Our pool could have a lucky day and our miners could make more than the give-me-ltc miners.  We also have the feature of switching to more profitable currencies automatically.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:43:39 PM

Would a solution be to rotate at least one cycle per day through each coin mined in the last 24 hours to preserve our shares???

Your older shares would expire. Here how it works: Every share you have found has a timestamp and would get rewarded for the next 24 hours for each found block during the 24 hour period.

Thanks for clarifying that. So, unless we find a block in less than 24 hours everyday then we will forfeit some shares. Clearly we don't have the critical mass to mine LTC in MultiPort. Compare that to WeMineLTC where they've found over 50 blocks today, 6,000 versus 500 MH/s.

If you want to mine LTC dedicated you will certainly get more consistent payouts at a dedicated LTC pool that has a higher hashrate than Multipool.

That's not to say you'd get paid more.  Our pool could have a lucky day and our miners could make more than the give-me-ltc miners.  We also have the feature of switching to more profitable currencies automatically.

It feels like it would be wise to leave a dedicated miner on 3334 and the rest in MP.

ghghghfgh
kslavik

Activity: 441

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:49:07 PM

On average (given current hash rate of multipool of around 450MHs) around 12 LTC blocks will be found each day (assuming dedicated LTC mining), so each found share would be rewarded around 12 times. So, multipool has critical mass to mine LTC.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:54:56 PM

It feels like it would be wise to leave a dedicated miner on 3334 and the rest in MP.

While I certainly won't complain about having more dedicated hashrate on the LTC port, I don't think that's the most profitable thing to do Smiley

Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:56:12 PM

On average (given current hash rate of multipool of around 450MHs) around 12 LTC blocks will be found each day (assuming dedicated LTC mining), so each found share would be rewarded around 12 times. So, multipool has critical mass to mine LTC.
I agree for a dedicated LTC miner on MultiPool. I make more in MultiPort 7777. But, if 7777 does not spend enough time on LTC every day then I'm forfeiting shares.

ghghghfgh
Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:57:49 PM

While I certainly won't complain about having more dedicated hashrate on the LTC port, I don't think that's the most profitable thing to do Smiley
What is the most profitable thing to do??? Keep all miners in 7777???

ghghghfgh
kslavik

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:02:24 PM

I agree for a dedicated LTC miner on MultiPool. I make more in MultiPort 7777. But, if 7777 does not spend enough time on LTC every day then I'm forfeiting shares.

Yes, some shares can expire without any reward given to them (unlikely), on the other hand some other shares would get double or tipple reward. On average you are still better off by mining MP than LTC directly.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:03:16 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 05:19:02 PM by flound1129

Yes, some shares can expire without any reward given to them (unlikely), on the other hand some other shares would get double or tipple reward. On average you are still better off by mining MP than LTC directly.

Well it's not exactly double or triple reward.  I think the easiest way to think about it is that you get paid for each block based on your average hashrate on that coin for the past X amount of time (24 hours in the case of LTC)

If you stop submitting shares, your average hashrate drops and so does your reward.   So if you mine for 4 hours and stop, you will get paid for any blocks found within the next 24 hours, but your payments will be consecutively smaller for each block that is found.  If you keep mining, your payments will remain close to the same. (depending on pool hashrate, obv).

Igotcha

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 05:19:34 PM

If you stop submitting shares, your average hashrate drops and so does your reward.   So if you mine for 4 hours and stop, you will get paid for any blocks found within the next 24 hours, but your payments will be consecutively smaller for each block that is found.  If you keep mining, your payments will remain close to the same. (depending on pool hashrate).

Sure, but isn't that exactly the problem with mining in the multipool?

Let's say I mine LTC for 4 hours straight, then your pool switches my to another coin and  you switch me within the other more profitable coins, my 4 hours LTC mining is almost worthless because in these 4 hours I could have made more earnings with the other coins.

Or is this a wrong view?
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:29:39 PM

yes this is the exact problem of this pool, because of that there is small hashrate, because everyone knows, its not more profitable than other pools, if it was more profitable, everyone will be mining in here. yesterday when i've been minig nvc for few hour, then it switched to pxc,
i had few shares, but i did not get any coins for that, any after a 24 hours like someone said in here. even it doesent show in unconfirmed, so now i dont know, if the pool didnot fiand any block, or i dont know now. other thing, but this one can be solved easily a quickly is that, that
eu stratum port was configured somehow badly and it was minig lky@1.3 instead of ftc@1.7
so im quite confused of this pool.

This is my signature...
kslavik

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:52:55 PM

yes this is the exact problem of this pool, because of that there is small hashrate, because everyone knows, its not more profitable than other pools, if it was more profitable, everyone will be mining in here. yesterday when i've been minig nvc for few hour, then it switched to pxc,
i had few shares, but i did not get any coins for that, any after a 24 hours like someone said in here. even it doesent show in unconfirmed, so now i dont know, if the pool didnot fiand any block, or i dont know now. other thing, but this one can be solved easily a quickly is that, that
eu stratum port was configured somehow badly and it was minig lky@1.3 instead of ftc@1.7

NVC shares only last 12 hours because it takes less time to find an NVC block. The point (the primary objective) of the pool (or any other pool) is to distribute the reward fairly once the block is found and not to compensate you for every share you submitted. if no blocks were found - there is nothing to distribute. Are you saying that this pool is not fairly distributing rewards for found blocks? It was not only you who was not compensated for the shares they submitted mining NVC, but all other members of the pool as well.

This pool is only around for couple of months and its hash rate keeps growing everyday. Look at other pool which were around for a long time - how long did it take them to grow to their present hash rate, was it as quickly as multipool?

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:57:41 PM

If you stop submitting shares, your average hashrate drops and so does your reward.   So if you mine for 4 hours and stop, you will get paid for any blocks found within the next 24 hours, but your payments will be consecutively smaller for each block that is found.  If you keep mining, your payments will remain close to the same. (depending on pool hashrate).

Sure, but isn't that exactly the problem with mining in the multipool?

Let's say I mine LTC for 4 hours straight, then your pool switches my to another coin and  you switch me within the other more profitable coins, my 4 hours LTC mining is almost worthless because in these 4 hours I could have made more earnings with the other coins.

Or is this a wrong view?

It depends on whether LTC finds a block within the next 24 hours.  We have around 80-100 MH on the LTC port, dedicated, so it should find 2 blocks a day on average even if the multiport is not on it.

But yes, it becomes more luck dependent if the multiport is not switching back to LTC.  The LTC port has gone more than 24 hours without finding a block when the multiport wasn't on LTC, on the other hand it's also found 4 blocks in a day before without the multiport.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:01:00 PM

NVC shares only last 12 hours because it takes less time to find an NVC block. The point (the primary objective) of the pool (or any other pool) is to distribute the reward fairly once the block is found and not to compensate you for every share you submitted. if no blocks were found - there is nothing to distribute. Are you saying that this pool is not fairly distributing rewards for found blocks? It was not only you who was not compensated for the shares they submitted mining NVC, but all other members of the pool as well.

This pool is only around for couple of months and its hash rate keeps growing everyday. Look at other pool which were around for a long time - how long did it take them to grow to their present hash rate, was it as quickly as multipool?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Multipool mining is not for everyone.  If you are the type of person who likes to micromanage your miners, and watches for every hour what they're doing, you probably will not enjoy mining on this pool because there are definitely frustrating times (like when the LTC port goes for 3 days without finding a block).

On the other hand, if you understand and agree with the theory that over larger periods of time the average reward will be higher, you won't mind the periods of bad luck so much and you'll appreciate the big payouts more (for example last week when I had just added PXC and it went to 600% and the pool made almost day's worth of rewards in a few hours.)

mirny
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:04:27 PM

Are you saying that this pool is not fairly distributing rewards for found blocks? It was not only you who was not compensated for the shares they submitted mining NVC, but all other members of the pool as well.

well i'm not saying that just me didnt get any reward, dont know where did you read that,
just saying that i did not get any reward, you've proove me that in your answer, that is all.
And i know it is a young pool, and i hope it will rise bigger.

This is my signature...
Igotcha

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 06:05:51 PM

LTC seems to have large block rounds (more hours).

Would it be so bad to keep LTC out of the multipool mining and use it just for dedicated LTC mining if someone wants to?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:10:26 PM

Are you saying that this pool is not fairly distributing rewards for found blocks? It was not only you who was not compensated for the shares they submitted mining NVC, but all other members of the pool as well.

well i'm not saying that just me didnt get any reward, dont know where did you read that,
just saying that i did not get any reward, you've proove me that in your answer, that is all.
And i know it is a young pool, and i hope it will rise bigger.

BTW the hashrate really isn't that small, we are #5 or #6 largest litecoin pool when the multiport is on litecoin.

I don't know what I can do to convince people to move here from the 2-3 large pools.  I'm open to suggestions.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:11:03 PM

LTC seems to have large block rounds (more hours).

Would it be so bad to keep LTC out of the multipool mining and use it just for dedicated LTC mining if someone wants to?

What is the rational reason for doing this though?

mirny
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:23:45 PM

BTW the hashrate really isn't that small, we are #5 or #6 largest litecoin pool when the multiport is on litecoin.

I don't know what I can do to convince people to move here from the 2 large pools.  I'm open to suggestions.

i'd like to know as well, what i can do is just to spread this new pool to my minig community,
hope other users will do the same, or maybe try to make a poll, and ask users which kind of pool they will appreciate
if pps, pplns or cppsrb, which was stated in previous posts

This is my signature...
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:45:08 PM

After a discussion I had with a user this morning, I am thinking about changing the LTC round time to something lower, I think a more reasonable time period would be something like 4-6 hours.

My rationale is the following: (Assumes ~400MH on multiport and ~100MH on LTC)

- Even at 80MH, block time should be about 8-12 hours.  We don't want to reward people for shares they submitted much longer ago than that.
- When the multiport is on LTC, the average block time should be around 2-3 hours.

If we use 4 hours as the round period:

- LTC-only miners are not affected at times when the multiport has not been on LTC in the past 4 hours.  It affects LTC-only miners who hop off to another pool more quickly, but not those who stay on Multipool.
- It only takes multiport miners 1 hour before reaching 50% of shares submitted in the past 24 hours (rather than 6 hours at a 24 hour round time).  That means on average, the first block will be paid at ~75% and the next block will be paid at 100% of what the expected reward would be if we were using share-based PPLNS.

I am grateful for all of the constructive feedback I've received lately regarding the payout structure.  Thanks to those who have contributed.

Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 07:53:33 PM

That's a most excellent plan. I know it'll give me more incentive to stick around.

ghghghfgh
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: