Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424134 times)
zhulick

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:06:50 PM

i have a question about difficulty settings...

i'm currently mining only using 2 cards, and pushing out an average of 1.8 mhash...

from what i understand, the difficulty for this type of speed should be kept as low as possible to produce more consistent payouts...

my other two cards just came in... i'm testing/tuning them now, and in the next few hours they will be added to my miner, and will double my speed to 3.6 mhash...

once everything is in, do i still stick with a diff of 64, or do i bump up ?

i'm trying to get a feel for when it's time to bump up the diff, and how it works overall...

any help would be greatly appreciated...

ps... i tried posting the same question a few minutes ago, but it looks like the forum software "ate it"... so if the same question shows up twice from me, my apologies...
TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

Getting quite desperate in finding a resolution for my missing doge coins at multipool! WTF, I know this site has a quite good rep but I can hardly imagine i'm the only person who's hashes are not correctly payed by multipool after their 'downtime'.

Very nice coincidence (for them), having these strange issues with the site just now doge has quite good value... I'm getting more and more skeptical about the honesty of the site owners, tried to get in contact via IRC, email, this forum, all without success.
I'm missing around 30k Doges from that day, and that's a very low estimation because normally it should be more but hey, let's go from an bad day scenario... (mining at 8Mh/s)

so far I've received 6k doges for my hashes while I was mining long before the site had its issues and I kept mining during the issues as they stated it was just a front-end issue... hence, I only switched miners at the moment stratum was not giving work anymore, so this was like 15+ hours later or even more.

So, at 8000kh/s, for mining during more then 15 hours, I got 6k doges, I don't think that's normal, do you?

Anyone else having these issues? Can somebody from the admin team please check or contact me to find a resolution?

22mpk

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:18:01 PM

My LTC balance still hasn't gone up since before all the trouble, and I've been mining for the past 16 hours.
Anybody else experiencing the same?

Unless the multiport is pointing to LTC, you are basically solo mining.  Unless you have a lot of horsepower, your variance is going to be huge.

This is not a LTC pool.  

M

Thanks for the explanation. I am new to mining
I see the block time for LTC is  57.52h, does that mean coins will be paid out every 57.52h at the current pool hashrate of 50.2 MH/s?

More or less, yes.  The block time is the estimated time to find a block.  Note that this is an estimate and the actual time can vary greatly.  The pay out will not occur until a block is actually found not on the estimated time.  So coins would be paid out ~every 58hrs only if a block is actually found then.

The block time is an function of the pools hash rate and the coins difficulty.  Either one will cause the block time to get higher or lower.  And both vary on a regular basis.

Are you sure about that? I've been told that the block time (here, in top right corner) is the time elapsed since a block was last found. Other websites might vary in their terminology.

I should have been more specific.  You are correct that the "block time" displayed in the upper right on the main page is the time elapsed since a block was last found.  When the poster I was responding to said block time, I saw that as just a shortened version of the time to find a block from the stats page.  But you are right, he was probably referring to the main page and the block time displayed there.
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:27:44 PM

Getting quite desperate in finding a resolution for my missing doge coins at multipool! WTF, I know this site has a quite good rep but I can hardly imagine i'm the only person who's hashes are not correctly payed by multipool after their 'downtime'.

Very nice coincidence (for them), having these strange issues with the site just now doge has quite good value... I'm getting more and more skeptical about the honesty of the site owners, tried to get in contact via IRC, email, this forum, all without success.
I'm missing around 30k Doges from that day, and that's a very low estimation because normally it should be more but hey, let's go from an bad day scenario... (mining at 8Mh/s)

so far I've received 6k doges for my hashes while I was mining long before the site had its issues and I kept mining during the issues as they stated it was just a front-end issue... hence, I only switched miners at the moment stratum was not giving work anymore, so this was like 15+ hours later or even more.

So, at 8000kh/s, for mining during more then 15 hours, I got 6k doges, I don't think that's normal, do you?

Anyone else having these issues? Can somebody from the admin team please check or contact me to find a resolution

I am behind approximately 500 emails, send me a new email with your username and I will take a look at your account.

BTW, having extremely public downtime and not paying people for shares submitted would be an extremely inefficient way to steal money.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
TenaciousC

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:34:11 PM

Anyone else having these issues? Can somebody from the admin team please check or contact me to find a resolution

I am behind approximately 500 emails, send me a new email with your username and I will take a look at your account.

BTW, having extremely public downtime and not paying people for shares submitted would be an extremely inefficient way to steal money.

True, but after now several days I don't really know what to think anymore...

Anyway, i forwarded you my email again, thanks for having a look at it!

Grtz,
TenaciousMulti
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:49:40 PM

Grtz,
TenaciousMulti

So just to clear up some misconceptions:

This all happened Friday night.  It's Sunday morning.  It's been a day and a half.

The DB didn't go down until approx. 5pm Central time Friday Night.  Once it became clear that things weren't going to recover in a reasonable time period, I shut down the pools, this was at around 8 or 9pm.  So there couldn't have been more than a few hours worth of shares lost (some stratum instances recovered and dumped their shares into the DB after the DB came back up)

All of the blocks that were found paid out without any manual intervention, once the shares were reimported.  This means that there were shares in the DB for all of those blocks.

It's possible that there were some anomalies, but for the most part payouts should be correct.  It's also possible that many people switched off after I changed the website notification at ~7pm recommending that people switch to another pool and there was not enough hashrate left to find many blocks.

TenaciousC

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:04:54 PM

Grtz,
TenaciousMulti

This all happened Friday night.  It's Sunday morning.  It's been a day and a half.

The DB didn't go down until approx. 5pm Central time Friday Night.  Once it became clear that things weren't going to recover in a reasonable time period, I shut down the pools, this was at around 8 or 9pm.  So there couldn't have been more than a few hours worth of shares lost (some stratum instances recovered and dumped their shares into the DB after the DB came back up)

All of the blocks that were found paid out without any manual intervention, once the shares were reimported.  This means that there were shares in the DB for all of those blocks.

It's possible that there were some anomalies, but for the most part payouts should be correct.  It's also possible that many people switched off after I changed the website notification at ~7pm recommending that people switch to another pool and there was not enough hashrate left to find many blocks.

Ok, i'll summarize my view on things, timezone CET+1 (Amsterdam)

- Around 15:00PM strange thing in stats, no more blocks are being found anymore for doge (quite impossible with the huge amount of hashes multipool has)
- Around 18:00PM I notice stats are already speaking of several hours with no blocks, some people say not to worry, it's just the stats that are off, so I continue my mining.
- Around 20:00PM (can be later or ealier, don't remember exactly) Frontend goes offline, message says not to worry, workers are still okay. I manually checked my workers and indeed, they where still showing blocks and work found by stratum.
- Around 01:00PM front end still down, people say not to worry, stratum still up
- Around 10:00 AM, wake up and check my workers, see that they stopped receiving work from 07:00 AM, no problem there I understood the site was having issues and those things can happen...

So, there was no payment from 15h until 07h next day... = 16 hours of work @8000kh/s

After the issues where resolved I got 6000 Doges, wow such richness, much amazing, so generous!

See my point? It's not only when the front end was down, their clearly was already something wrong hours before that
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:13:38 PM

Grtz,
TenaciousMulti

This all happened Friday night.  It's Sunday morning.  It's been a day and a half.

The DB didn't go down until approx. 5pm Central time Friday Night.  Once it became clear that things weren't going to recover in a reasonable time period, I shut down the pools, this was at around 8 or 9pm.  So there couldn't have been more than a few hours worth of shares lost (some stratum instances recovered and dumped their shares into the DB after the DB came back up)

All of the blocks that were found paid out without any manual intervention, once the shares were reimported.  This means that there were shares in the DB for all of those blocks.

It's possible that there were some anomalies, but for the most part payouts should be correct.  It's also possible that many people switched off after I changed the website notification at ~7pm recommending that people switch to another pool and there was not enough hashrate left to find many blocks.

- Around 15:00PM strange thing in stats, no more blocks are being found anymore for doge (quite impossible with the huge amount of hashes multipool has)
- Around 18:00PM I notice stats are already speaking of several hours with no blocks, some people say not to worry, it's just the stats that are off, so I continue my mining.
- Around 20:00PM (can be later or ealier, don't remember exactly) Frontend goes offline, message says not to worry, workers are still okay. I manually checked my workers and indeed, they where still showing blocks and work found by stratum.
- Around 01:00PM front end still down, people say not to worry, stratum still up
- Around 10:00 AM, wake up and check my workers, see that they stopped receiving work from 07:00 AM, no problem there I understood the site was having issues and those things can happen...

So, there was no payment from 15h until 07h next day... = 16 hours of work @8000kh/s

After the issues where resolved I got 6000 Doges, wow such richness, much amazing, so generous!

See my point? It's not only when the front end was down, their clearly was already something wrong hours before that

Yes, what was wrong was that doge payments could not be calculated because the query was timing out due to the 60 million rows in the shares table.  Once those shares were reimported and summarizeed, payments went out as normal.

There was a period of about 3.5 hours between blocks 71226 and 71424 where we didn't find any blocks.  This was right after the DB came back up.  The db queries block everything else, so blocks found during that time were probably not submitted fast enough and wound up being stale.

Note that this all happened long after the DB had been down for 2+ hours and I had advised people to switch off the pool so I don't know that I should be held 100% accountable for that.  Obviously there were some mistakes made, but to suggest malice is irresponsible.   I had to choose between killing those stratum instances and losing all the shares they were holding in memory, or letting them run at a lower efficiency.  I chose the former; after learning what I have learned from this incident I would most likely choose the other option if this were to happen again.

TenaciousC

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:24:51 PM

Grtz,
TenaciousMulti

Yes, what was wrong was that doge payments could not be calculated because the query was timing out due to the 60 million rows in the shares table.  Once those shares were reimported and summarizeed, payments went out as normal.

There was a period of about 3.5 hours between blocks 71226 and 71424 where we didn't find any blocks.  This was right after the DB came back up.  The db queries block everything else, so blocks found during that time were probably not submitted fast enough and wound up being stale.

Note that this all happened long after the DB had been down for 2+ hours and I had advised people to switch off the pool so I don't know that I should be held 100% accountable for that.  Obviously there were some mistakes made, but to suggest malice is irresponsible.   I had to choose between killing those stratum instances and losing all the shares they were holding in memory, or letting them run at a lower efficiency.  I chose the former; after learning what I have learned from this incident I would most likely choose the other option if this were to happen again.

Hey, that's what's life is about right, learning new stuff... if we knew everything in advance it wouldn't be fun anymore Smiley

Yes, what was wrong was that doge payments could not be calculated because the query was timing out due to the 60 million rows in the shares table.  Once those shares were reimported and summarizeed, payments went out as normal.
-> this is where i think it went wrong for me, i believe i didn't get that one correctly

I understand you didn't try to scam or anything, but frustration was being build here as i was not really impressed with the communication concerning these issues and I am still convinced something more was of...
Basically it's very simple, I mined for let's say around 16 hours @8000kh/s and got 6k doges for it, so my conclusion is, i miss doges...

Don't get me wrong, i know on the internets words can sound stronger as meant and english is not my native language + emotions can get misinterpreted because of that... I think their was just a lot of frustration.. you because you were working very hard to please everybody and make things better while the system acted like an ass and caused you issues, the miners because they saw loss in profit, etc... What i mean is, don't take anything of this personal Smiley
MrE78

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:39:20 PM

You going to pick up kittehcoin on the "relaunch"? Its already doing better the doge was to start.

Is it on a exchange yet?  Did not see it on Cryptsy.  Typically you will only find coins on the site that have a place to exchange them.

Its on coinedup right now, people have been voting for it on cryptsy, figured the multipool people would want a big jump prior to cryptsy release.

moon did okay for the advance mining not great.

Personally been mining and buying as much as I can. On coinedup its 85 satoshis up from 30 today. So the promise is there and with the pools total coin cut in half on 2/3 its worth the early mine.

Then again what do I know.

Like CEX.IO but better SCRYPT.CC Scrypt based cloud hashing PM for script for auto reinvest
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Perhaps laying off of the smartassed remarks would facilitate a more meaningful discussion.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
TenaciousC

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:17:54 PM

Perhaps laying off of the smartassed remarks would facilitate a more meaningful discussion.

Yes I see, but kinda hard for a smartass like me:)

Anyway, I've had a conversation with Flound, friendly guy... Indeed it seems i was a bit to skeptical, Flound is indeed a legit site admin who only want the best for the community.
So yeah, multipool.us is indeed trustworthy and very much deserving our hashes.

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:53:53 PM

Take it easy, Flound, people are on their nerves and they just don't have any clue of all the implications of processing billions of shares submitted everyday to your pool. I don't think that any shares were lost, and even if it were so, I wouldn't get upset because I know shit happens. I would never suspect you of stealing anything...

What I like about multipool.us is that it's not forcing like 2K share diff for 200 khash/sec rate, something I have seen on a very famous overloaded DOGE pool recently, I won't mention it Wink

Miners, if you are concerned about losing shares, maybe you should start logging accepted / rejected shares and comparing your results on both sides. I never bothered to do this, but technically speaking, noticing real differences between the two OR an error in pool calculations would be the only valid reason to complain. Otherwise it's mainly based on your own rough profitability predictions, and many factors may affect it (like bad luck, typically, remember this is not PPS!).

And always keep in mind that you can switch to another pool - it's a free market.
As far as I'm concerned, I know why I'm mining here Wink
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:19:13 AM

I have send you an e-mail, but with no response by now.

I have 10h of mining MOON with 24MH/s hashrate - without any single MOON coin:

http://i43.tinypic.com/3022npw.png
and
http://i41.tinypic.com/9lhcw5.png

What do you plan to do with that?

Best Regards
JK
krileayn

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:59:41 AM

I know flound is busy with a mountain of emails, so maybe somebody else here can assist me.

I have been mining litecoin for the past 2 days but received no payouts. Even unconfirmed payout is still zero. I know this is due to the pool hashrate going to mine doge.

My question is this. If I stop mining litecoin now and switch to doge, will I still get payouts for all the litecoin hashing I've done over the past 2 days.

Thanks
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:06:10 PM

I know flound is busy with a mountain of emails, so maybe somebody else here can assist me.

I have been mining litecoin for the past 2 days but received no payouts. Even unconfirmed payout is still zero. I know this is due to the pool hashrate going to mine doge.

My question is this. If I stop mining litecoin now and switch to doge, will I still get payouts for all the litecoin hashing I've done over the past 2 days.

Thanks

From my understanding your shares will count towards the next block found.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
JeepingJohnny

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:23:43 PM

Did you see the block finding time for litecoin. 81.3 HOURS. Might be a while before you get a payout when they find a block.
fher98

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:54:32 PM

hey @flound1129, 

Is it possible to add Galaxy, Netcoin and RonPaul?

Thanks!

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Timmieman

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:11:14 PM

Does anyone have any accurate BTC/MHash/day numbers for multipool?

Cheers,

bilabonic

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:44:57 PM

Any ideas why i Cgminer always rejects/wrong URL single pools for me ?

Trying to connect to ARG pool and always end up on the first Multiport -

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3346",
      "user" : "bobby.2",
      "pass" : "xxxxx"
   },
        {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-[east|west].multipool.us:3346",
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777",
   },
        {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-west.multipool.us:7777",
   },
   {
      "url" : "middlecoin.com:3333",
      "user" : "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
   }
]
"intensity" : "13",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "0,0,0,0,0",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "1030",
"gpu-fan" : "95-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "-20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "87",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "30",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

BTC - 1Ayax24aAU8c1xwAakK94DVDkm4kbfZ8Ch
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: