Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384457 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:18:42 PM

It seems by evidence your wrong!

Which evidence shows that I am wrong? Please present it.

Your are not an expert in what your claiming.

I have seen many many similar Ponzi schemes play out. They all pay out unrealistic rates of interest at the start, and then stop paying at the end.

What makes you think that this one will be any different?

Even if I tried to apply common sense to your argument.

OK, why don't you try that? It would be fun to see.

Because you claim antidotal hersay without citing any back up ?

Here's the only evidence I need, taken from the bitconnect site:

See how they offer at least 0.25% interest per day, in addition to whatever the bot makes? That is unsustainable.

You are basically like anyone else trying to talk crap about something, you think you know about. Calling you a Hater speaks to your motive and is an argument. When you have no real factual basis/proof to say what your saying.

I'm pointing out that a Ponzi is a Ponzi. That's something I know about. I don't hate the Ponzi, but I do want to warn potential innocent victims about it. If they read my warning and lose their money anyway then well, at least I tried.

Have you contacted the company via email and asked them about your concerns ?

No, I have not. It is clear that they are lying. Why would I want more lies?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omio

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:21:17 PM

This is a scam/ponzi no doubt about it. The signs are all there if you can't see it too bad.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:28:13 PM

Coin does seem scammy...No whitepaper...cmon

THE TRUTH ABOUT BITCONNECT - BY JETI KNIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59QLTvq20f4&t=2249s

That is a video by Trevon James, a known bitconnect promoter. He makes thousands of dollars per day referring people to the scam. Of course he is going to defend it.

At 41:42 in that video he says "until bitconnect misses a payment, misses a release of peope's funds once their period is over, misses a payment on a referral, until that happens they are showing every day that they are a legit service with a legit platform".

This is nothing more than the typical Ponzi scammer argument that "it is still paying so it can't be a scam".

All Ponzi scams pay out until they stop paying out. Payment doesn't show that it's a "legit service". Bernie Madoff was paying out for years before stopping. Pirateat40 was paying out huge returns for months before stopping. The pattern is the same for all Ponzis.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:32:36 PM

There is no safe investment? You mean ever ? Like if I drew up a contract and put into escrow your entire investment in case of default. That wouldn't be a safe investment ? It's guaranteed! You sound like a home wanna be investment guru. You might want to put a disclaimer on the advice your giving.

Treasuries (especially T-bills) are considered to be risk-free because they are backed by the U.S. government. But there's no guarantee that the government won't default, or that the dollar won't have been inflated by more than the rate of return by the time your investment matures.

The escrowed contract you propose has a risk of the escrow refusing to return the funds, and also of the escrowed amount losing value due to inflation while in escrow. It is not risk free.

I am not giving advice. I am attempting to warn your potential victims that you are promoting a scam to them.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:33:50 PM

That is a video by Trevon James, a known bitconnect promoter. He makes thousands of dollars per day referring people to the scam. Of course he is going to defend it.

At 41:42 in that video he says "until bitconnect misses a payment, misses a release of peope's funds once their period is over, misses a payment on a referral, until that happens they are showing every day that they are a legit service with a legit platform".

This is nothing more than the typical Ponzi scammer argument that "it is still paying so it can't be a scam".

All Ponzi scams pay out until they stop paying out. Payment doesn't show that it's a "legit service". Bernie Madoff was paying out for years before stopping. Pirateat40 was paying out huge returns for months before stopping. The pattern is the same for all Ponzis.

That video is made by someone else. Trevon just posted it, however you overlooked the content so that adds more to evidence your a hater. I'm telling you if I had invested a ton of money in this and by your reckless liable claim, hurt my investment. I could sue the crap out of you.  Just letting you know the game your playing has consequences.
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:35:46 PM

That video is made by someone else. Trevon just posted it, however you overlooked the content so that adds more to evidence your a hater. I'm telling you if I had invested a ton of money in this and by your reckless liable claim, hurt my investment. I could sue the crap out of you.  Just letting you know the game your playing has consequences.

Oh please sue him, you dont even know how rich the dude is hahaha.
Josef27

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

There is no safe investment? You mean ever ? Like if I drew up a contract and put into escrow your entire investment in case of default. That wouldn't be a safe investment ? It's guaranteed! You sound like a home wanna be investment guru. You might want to put a disclaimer on the advice your giving.

Treasuries (especially T-bills) are considered to be risk-free because they are backed by the U.S. government. But there's no guarantee that the government won't default, or that the dollar won't have been inflated by more than the rate of return by the time your investment matures.

The escrowed contract you propose has a risk of the escrow refusing to return the funds, and also of the escrowed amount losing value due to inflation while in escrow. It is not risk free.

I am not giving advice. I am attempting to warn your potential victims that you are promoting a scam to them.

Your playing a game.. You think your doing good., but inftact you could be hurting others with your misinformation and liable statements. There are two sides to every argument. yours is speculative at best.
Josef27

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:36:53 PM

Oh please sue him, you dont even know how rich the dude is hahaha.
Maybe ? Thats more reason to sue!
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:39:12 PM

That video is made by someone else. Trevon just posted it, however you overlooked the content so that adds more to evidence your a hater.

It doesn't matter who posted it. They are promoting a Ponzi scam for their own gains. Trevon does the same thing.

I'm telling you if I had invested a ton of money in this and by your reckless liable claim, hurt my investment. I could sue the crap out of you.  Just letting you know the game your playing has consequences.

If you lose money to a Ponzi that's your own fault. I am trying to help others avoid making the same mistake as you.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Josef27

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:42:05 PM

That video is made by someone else. Trevon just posted it, however you overlooked the content so that adds more to evidence your a hater.

It doesn't matter who posted it. They are promoting a Ponzi scam for their own gains. Trevon does the same thing.

I'm telling you if I had invested a ton of money in this and by your reckless liable claim, hurt my investment. I could sue the crap out of you.  Just letting you know the game your playing has consequences.

If you lose money to a Ponzi that's your own fault. I am trying to help others avoid making the same mistake as you.
NO! If you are found to cause harm to others through your reckless attempt at educating, by acting as an expert in an investment, making false claims, liable statements, and they lose money. You are to blame! Take responsibility for your actions.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:42:47 PM

Your playing a game.. You think your doing good., but inftact you could be hurting others with your misinformation and liable statements. There are two sides to every argument. yours is speculative at best.

There are three sides to this argument:

1) some people see that this is a Ponzi and are pointing it out to stop more people losing their money to it

2) other people see that this is a Ponzi and are hiding the fact to try to profit from other people's gullibility or greed.

3) still more people already fell for the scam and don't want to believe that it's a scam

Are you 2 (scammer) or 3 (victim)? Maybe a bit of each?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:44:59 PM

NO! If you are found to cause harm to others through your reckless attempt at educating, by acting as an expert in an investment, making false claims, liable statements, and they lose money. You are to blame! Take responsibility for your actions.

No, you.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Josef27

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:49:09 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 08:02:54 PM by Josef27

There are three sides to this argument:

1) some people see that this is a Ponzi and are pointing it out to stop more people losing their money to it

2) other people see that this is a Ponzi and are hiding the fact to try to profit from other people's gullibility or greed.

3) still more people already fell for the scam and don't want to believe that it's a scam

Are you 2 (scammer) or 3 (victim)? Maybe a bit of each?

The whole problem with what your claiming is.. This is all your opinion ? Understand?, but your putting it this information out  as factual information.
A simpler way :  You see someone, and judge them by the clothes they are wearing, trying to say they are something, because of something you don't like. But in fact they maybe a great person.. Understand ? Thats how you get sued for liable.. You can think it all day long, but when you start spreading lies you get in trouble.
Josef27

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:53:50 PM

No, you.

LOL.. I see, enough said.
ChromaticStar

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:01:52 PM

This is a list of questions I've asked over the last few pages, that no one, especially Bitconnect, seems to be able to answer:

Who is Satao Nakamoto?  He is apparently the lead developer of this platform, yet we have next to nothing on him. Not even a LinkedIn profile or even a photo of him on his Facebook. Who are the other developers?
Where is the whitepaper? Is it so proprietary that it can't be released?
Where is the money everyone is making coming from? Supposedly you make money by staking it with a "volatility bot" that makes money through some sort of algorithmic trading program. Where is the volatility program arbitraging its earnings from? What exchange is it trading on?
How is there never a loss? You make money every single day, there's never a day where you lose money.
Why do they need their own coin? You don't need a coin to run a trading bot. Especially since they claim to be trading the BTC/USD pair, they should be staking BTC not their own BCC coin.
Is there any independent information worth verifying?
Would Bitconnect allow an independent third-party financial audit from a firm like Friedman LLP who recently audited Bitfinex?
Who's the CEO of Bitconnect.
Here's Yuris Prasetya, part of Bitconnect's team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxLbvD-734 Here he's promoting OneCoin, which was recently declared a Ponzi scheme by Indian authorities. Why should we believe he's not trying to promote a new ponzi?

These are not hard questions to answer.

No, I am not going to email Bitconnect. This is their thread that they created, all they have to do is reply here. It will be public for everyone to see.

And no, you can not sue people for asking questions. If this is a legit company and you lose money because people get scared, it's because Bitconnect failed to be transparent. This is a risk you should consider instead of threatening to sue someone. Then again, it's "Risk Free!" so you have nothing to worry about!
Josef27

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:14:14 PM

This is a list of questions I've asked over the last few pages, that no one, especially Bitconnect, seems to be able to answer:

Who is Satao Nakamoto?  He is apparently the lead developer of this platform, yet we have next to nothing on him. Not even a LinkedIn profile or even a photo of him on his Facebook. Who are the other developers?
Where is the money everyone is making coming from? Supposedly you make money by staking it with a "volatility bot" that makes money through some sort of algorithmic trading program. Where is the volatility program arbitraging its earnings from? What exchange is it trading on?
How is there never a loss? You make money every single day, there's never a day where you lose money.
Why do they need their own coin? You don't need a coin to run a trading bot. Especially since they claim to be trading the BTC/USD pair, they should be staking BTC not their own BCC coin.
Would Bitconnect allow an independent third-party financial audit from a firm like Friedman LLP who recently audited Bitfinex?
Here's Yuris Prasetya, part of Bitconnect's team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxLbvD-734 Here he's promoting OneCoin, which was recently declared a Ponzi scheme by Indian authorities. Why should we believe he's not trying to promote a new ponzi?

No, I am not going to email Bitconnect. This is their thread that they created, all they have to do is reply here. It will be public for everyone to see.

And no, you can not sue people for asking questions. If this is a legit company and you lose money because people get scared, it's because Bitconnect failed to be transparent. This is a risk you should consider instead of threatening to suing someone. Then again, it's "Risk Free!" so you have nothing to worry about!

Asking questions is one thing, making false statements and making liable claims yes you can.

Maybe he thought they were a legit company ? I think a lot of people did and promoted them. I don't know if he was affiliated in anyway with them. If he was they would have been charged as well? I think the fact they investigated and didn't charge him or connect him, is a good sign. i'm sure they looked into the relationship as well. Speculation on my part. Threatening to sue someone?, More of I just gave an example of what could happen. I don't need to take your advice on anything related to this matter. I think you should do a little homework on what the legal consequences for whats going on here. I consider this nothing more than a witch hunt.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:16:14 PM

when you start spreading lies you get in trouble.

You think I'm lying? You think that it is possible to have a trading bot that guarantees to make 148% profit every year?

OK.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Josef27

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:27:42 PM

when you start spreading lies you get in trouble.

You think I'm lying? You think that it is possible to have a trading bot that guarantees to make 148% profit every year?

OK.
Ha.. one little bit of info your missing. How much is Bitcoin up? I rest my case.. Crypto's are in a world wide expanding market with a growth curve that is like the invention of the telephone 100 years a go. Look at the adoption rate of that the chart its almost straight up the entire time. Look at the internet growth chart.. You can't apply stockmarket mentality to this, no one has seen in our life times whats happening. This market will go for 20 years imo maybe longer. 6 billion people out there...NOw imagine you could invest in that telephone adoption chart 100 years ago. That's Bitcoin.. to a greater/lesser extent.  That's how you can make the ROI of 148%. An ever expanding market, it's reach is 6 billion people worlwide.
ChromaticStar

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:28:26 PM

And no, you can not sue people for asking questions. If this is a legit company and you lose money because people get scared, it's because Bitconnect failed to be transparent. This is a risk you should consider instead of threatening to suing someone. Then again, it's "Risk Free!" so you have nothing to worry about!

Asking questions is one thing, making false statements and making liable claims yes you can.

Maybe he thought they were a legit company ? I think a lot of people did and promoted them. I don't know if he was affiliated in anyway with them. If he was they would have been charged as well? I think the fact they investigated and didn't charge him or connect him, is a good sign. i'm sure they looked into the relationship as well. Speculation on my part. Threatening to sue someone?, More of I just gave an example of what could happen. I don't need to take your advice on anything related to this matter. I think you should do a little homework on what the legal consequences for whats going on here. I consider this nothing more than a witch hunt.

Then why don't you care that Bitconnect won't answer my questions. Dooglus and I are right, they by all measures look just like a ponzi. You're effectively declaring them a legit company. Maybe someone would want to sue you?
Josef27

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:35:13 PM

Then why don't you care that Bitconnect won't answer my questions. Dooglus and I are right, they by all measures look just like a ponzi. You're effectively declaring them a legit company. Maybe someone would want to sue you?
Bring it.?? I'm in the right ! Ill take your money if you want to play.
I don't know why, maybe because they think the US is a loss cause because of people like you. They are a foreign company and seem to be focusing on foreign countries right now and see this as a waste of time. I told you once they answer peoples emails. I think you like coming here and throwing a tantrum??  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: