Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB  (Read 1192942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:10:58 PM

Just a comment on directories.

If you place the "mine.bat" file in the same directory as "bfgminer.exe"
then you do not need the directory path:- C:\miner\bfgminer321\
Just use:-
"mine1.bat"   bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u worker1 -p password1  -L log.txt -G -S \\.\com94 -L log94.txt --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100
"mine2.bat"   bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u worker1 -p password1 -Q 8 --net-delay -L log.txt -G -S erupter:all "

You can then run the ".bat" file from its location, or "right click" it and send to desktop as shortcut once you have the file de-bugged.

keep it simple as long as you can, there are less places for bugs/typos to creep in.
yeah,i know that. point is that the 3 problem eruptors seem to get stuck on "Stratum from pool 0 requested work update" when i run the others either via batch files or bfg shortcuts either specifying each com port or via -S all

If they all work individually then its issues with power or data connection at the hub.
Do you have another usb hub? not all hubs are stable enough, or capable of supporting asics.

I have 12 hubs:-
 2 refuse to work at all,(with erupters, but ok just as data connectors)
 2 have blown up(psu failures)(1 now has new psu, other returned)
 1 will support 4 erupters,
 3 will support 5 erupters each,
 5 will support 10 erupters each(1 with new psu)(bought 2 new psu's in anticipation of next failure)

D link 7 port seem to be the most popular at usb2 (max load is 5 erupters)
anker 10 port seem to be the most popular at usb3 (max load is 9 or 10 erupters)

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:55:17 PM

Because the latest I could find for ubuntu was 0.9.3, unless it's super easy to take from another build of linux and toss it into 12.04. Would be interested to hearing how you did it.

I'm pretty sure it was a apt-get or git install - I don't remember.  It was pretty simple even for a linux n00b like me. 
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:09:19 PM

Because the latest I could find for ubuntu was 0.9.3, unless it's super easy to take from another build of linux and toss it into 12.04. Would be interested to hearing how you did it.

I'm pretty sure it was a apt-get or git install - I don't remember.  It was pretty simple even for a linux n00b like me. 

apt-get only grabs from the default repository, unless you specify an alternate, and the default and alternates all have 0.9.3 or older. BFG requires 0.9.5. I'm guessing maybe you used git and installed some other distro's version. I'll give it a shot when I have time.

JBT

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:30:59 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 08:11:54 PM by JBT

If they all work individually then its issues with power or data connection at the hub.
Do you have another usb hub? not all hubs are stable enough, or capable of supporting asics.

I have 12 hubs:-
 2 refuse to work at all,(with erupters, but ok just as data connectors)
 2 have blown up(psu failures)(1 now has new psu, other returned)
 1 will support 4 erupters,
 3 will support 5 erupters each,
 5 will support 10 erupters each(1 with new psu)(bought 2 new psu's in anticipation of next failure)

D link 7 port seem to be the most popular at usb2 (max load is 5 erupters)
anker 10 port seem to be the most popular at usb3 (max load is 9 or 10 erupters)

yup , i found that 4 ports on the one hub just does not work. got power but eruptors goes ape when in there. havent made power for other hub yet.

ED> bah! second usb hub virtually useless 1 out of ten works~!
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:32:08 PM

I need to get the firmware version of a Single SC, how to get the full dump of GetInfo in bfgminer (like in cgminer with tcp socket 'stats'),
I tried 'devdetails' or 'devdetail' (both won't work at all), and 'devs' doesn't return the fw version.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 07:05:53 PM

LukeJr:

Any chance of getting this kind of functionality/query into bfgminer?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/jalapeno-single-sc-support/4564-diagnostic-tool-bfl-com-port-scanner.html

seems like you're 99% of the way there already. It would be nifty to be able to get a report like that GUI tool shows.

grayles

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:20:33 AM

Im just wondering, is this miner usable for PPcoin?

A link or direction would be very much appreciated..
SirMintALot

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

In POS we trust

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:28:23 AM

Im just wondering, is this miner usable for PPcoin?

A link or direction would be very much appreciated..

Yes no problem.
If you want to mine on D7 pool try this:
Code:
bfgminer -o http://stratum.d7.lt:3333 -u <yourusername>.1 -p <yourpassword> -S all

If you want to mine on TheSeven pool try this:
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://theseven.bounceme.net:3333 -O <yourwalletadress>:esmpps -S all

For fixx pool use this:
Code:
bfgminer -o ppc.fixx.ru:8437 -u <yourusername>.1 -p <yourusername> -S all

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH
shogunmark

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:34:47 PM

Currently, i am running 1 BFL Jalapeno and 4 block erupters with cgminer on my MinePeon rpi box. I have 2 more BE's that i want to add to the mix but this causes cgminer to flip out and continuously reboot my rpi. Minepeon also supports BFGminer and i am wanting to switch to this, however i can not for the life of me get it to recognize the BE's or the BFL. i have tried -S all, -S auto, -S erupter:all, -S bitforce:all (as i had seen suggested somewhere on a search). But none of these work, when i do screen -r to check the readout its telling me no devices found. the BE's are all connected with a usb hub and the BFL is plugged directly in to the rpi. and like i said, this current set up is works with cgminer, i just cant add anymore of the BE's without it crashing.

I have searched this thread and come up empty (although there have been plenty of suggestions), can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong?

Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:39:29 PM

Currently, i am running 1 BFL Jalapeno and 4 block erupters with cgminer on my MinePeon rpi box. I have 2 more BE's that i want to add to the mix but this causes cgminer to flip out and continuously reboot my rpi. Minepeon also supports BFGminer and i am wanting to switch to this, however i can not for the life of me get it to recognize the BE's or the BFL. i have tried -S all, -S auto, -S erupter:all, -S bitforce:all (as i had seen suggested somewhere on a search). But none of these work, when i do screen -r to check the readout its telling me no devices found. the BE's are all connected with a usb hub and the BFL is plugged directly in to the rpi. and like i said, this current set up is works with cgminer, i just cant add anymore of the BE's without it crashing.

I have searched this thread and come up empty (although there have been plenty of suggestions), can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong?

Pi's are notoriously bad for having weak USB ports.  Are you using a powered hub?  If so, what kind/what is the power supply/ac adapter specs (volts, amps)?

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
shogunmark

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:48:38 PM

Pi's are notoriously bad for having weak USB ports.  Are you using a powered hub?  If so, what kind/what is the power supply/ac adapter specs (volts, amps)?

the 4 BE's are in a powered hub, i believe its a 7 port hub with a 5a power supply (i could be wrong as i am not at home at the moment) and the BFL is plugged directly into the pi. I also even tried plugging the 2 extra BE's i have into a second powered hub but had the same results.
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:50:02 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 01:00:39 PM by Mudbankkeith

What hub are you using?

Pi does not work with usb3 hubs,
usb 2 hubs are low on power for erupters.  Even the best with 2500mA psu only stay stable with 5 erupters.(D-Link 7 port is one of the better units, and falls over with 6 erupters in my rig)

Pi usb support is not the best.  I have better results by only using one port on the Pi. So move the BFL to the hub.

Try another hub. or add another hub in daisy chain.

EDIT see my post from yesterday

2nd Edit.  Overloaded hubs try to draw power from the Pi, the result is, it will crash.
You could try a non powered hub as a buffer between your Pi and powered hubs, DO NOT plug erupters into the non powered hub, if you do, it will crash.

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
shogunmark

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:55:55 PM

What hub are you using?

usb 2 hubs are low on power for erupters.  Even the best with 2500mA psu only stay stable with 5 erupters.(D-Link 7 port is one of the better units, and falls over with 6 erupters in my rig)

Pi usb support is not the best.  I have better results by only using one port on the Pi. So move the BFL to the hub.

Hub brand escapes me at the moment, like i said, not at home right now. But i do have the D-link 7 port hub being delivered today. I had also tried a 2nd powered hub daisy chained and it still crashed. But this is with cgminer. I understand the importance of the hub and such, but even if we assume the hub itself is having issues, then why doesnt bfgminer see my BFL which is plugged directly in? I think if i could find the answer to that then i could fumble through the rest.
Zanatos666

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:10:05 PM

What hub are you using?

Hub brand escapes me at the moment, like i said, not at home right now. But i do have the D-link 7 port hub being delivered today. I had also tried a 2nd powered hub daisy chained and it still crashed. But this is with cgminer. I understand the importance of the hub and such, but even if we assume the hub itself is having issues, then why doesnt bfgminer see my BFL which is plugged directly in? I think if i could find the answer to that then i could fumble through the rest.

What OS are you running on it (Minepeon or Raspian)?  If you are using an older distro, it probably has an out dated version of bfgminer on it, you may need to update it.

shogunmark

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:25:01 PM

What OS are you running on it (Minepeon or Raspian)?  If you are using an older distro, it probably has an out dated version of bfgminer on it, you may need to update it.

Running minepeon and i just ssh'd in to check version and it shows bfgminer of 3.2.1. and i believe the minepeon version is 0.2.3
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:58:03 PM

Try README:
Q: I ran cgminer, and now BFGMiner doesn't work!
A: cgminer has its own non-standard implementations of the drivers for most USB devices, and disables the official drivers (on Windows, you did this manually using Zadig). Before you can use BFGMiner, you will need to restore the original driver. With Linux, usually rebooting or re-plugging the device is sufficient.

taxik

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:05:20 PM

Hello,

don´t somebody know how to install BFGMiner on DD-WRT ? I have TL-WR1024ND router. I already installed libcurl and libusb, but now it says this, and i dont know where i can find that library:

bfgminer: can't load library 'libssl.so.0.9.8'

shogunmark

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:12:22 PM

Try README:
A: cgminer has its own non-standard implementations of the drivers for most USB devices, and disables the official drivers (on Windows, you did this manually using Zadig). Before you can use BFGMiner, you will need to restore the original driver. With Linux, usually rebooting or re-plugging the device is sufficient.

Well i had been doing a daemon-reload after stopping and disabling cg.... So i decided to go ahead and just try a reboot.

and THANK YOU THANK YOU!! that worked. I ssh'd in, stopped and disabled cg, then enabled bfg and rebooted the device. once it came back up they all came online and started mining! I knew i was doing something newbish and stupid. Problem solved  Grin
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:42:42 PM

I need to get the firmware version of a Single SC, how to get the full dump of GetInfo in bfgminer (like in cgminer with tcp socket 'stats'),
It's printed to the debug log at startup for now.

I tried 'devdetails' or 'devdetail' (both won't work at all), and 'devs' doesn't return the fw version.
Why do you say devdetails doesn't work? It includes the protocol in use (though not the exact firmware version, which I'm not sure has a use case?)

Zanatos666

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:26:51 PM

Try README:

Well i had been doing a daemon-reload after stopping and disabling cg.... So i decided to go ahead and just try a reboot.

and THANK YOU THANK YOU!! that worked. I ssh'd in, stopped and disabled cg, then enabled bfg and rebooted the device. once it came back up they all came online and started mining! I knew i was doing something newbish and stupid. Problem solved  Grin

You can have bfgminer be your default miner when your Pi starts up.  If nothing has changed it should be

Code:
sudo systemctl stop cgminer.service
sudo systemctl disable cgminer.service
sudo systemctl enable bfgminer.service
sudo systemctl start bfgminer.service

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: