Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:09:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Optiminer/Zcash v1.7 (GPU, Windows+Linux, AMD)  (Read 115901 times)
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:26:35 AM

Version 1.3.2 released!

This is a bugfix release. No change in speed expected!

[1.3.2] Support older versions of fgrlx again.
[1.3.2] Fix abort when failing to list devices of platform.
[1.3.2] Fix no reconnect after 'No such host' errors.
[1.3.2] Add --benchmark options.

I found miner couple of times  crashed when internet connection is lost...
There is some bug or I'm doing something wrong?

I have small farm with close to 100 GPUs, and restarting is not solution for me because i don't have dummy plugs on my rigs.
If i don't connect monitor to first GPU, rigs will fail to restart.
I noticed that 100% of time when miner is stuck is when internet connection is lost! It says internet connection to server is lost, miner is trying to reconect and usually then miner crashes... I like speed of miner and stability when there is no problem with internet connection. Please fix this bug so i can use your miner!

You have close to 100GPU farm and you don't have a proper monitoring/reboot system ? If miner fail in any way, you should have automated script/app/hardwares that reboot your stuff soft or hard or take appropriate software action (kill/restart miners, and so on). Also why not fix internet connection ?

I have few places with rigs... On one of them Internet connection drops every few hours... Sad

Ah i see... not ideal... why not putting a small appliance, like a raspberry PI on site, that will monitoring and / or reboot your rigs ? you could also have a monitoring on each rig (locally) that if something is wrong it'll reboot/restart miner and so on, this i what i do, local monitoring on each rig, then a global one on the network, and also a remote one on pool API's. Have you tried the watchdog option of the miner ?/
LiOoO

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:33:42 AM

Version 1.3.2 released!

I have small farm with close to 100 GPUs, and restarting is not solution for me because i don't have dummy plugs on my rigs.
I noticed that 100% of time when miner is stuck is when internet connection is lost! It says internet connection to server is lost, miner is trying to reconect and usually then miner crashes... I like speed of miner and stability when there is no problem with internet connection. Please fix this bug so i can use your miner!

You have close to 100GPU farm and you don't have a proper monitoring/reboot system ? If miner fail in any way, you should have automated script/app/hardwares that reboot your stuff soft or hard or take appropriate software action (kill/restart miners, and so on). Also why not fix internet connection ?

I have few places with rigs... On one of them Internet connection drops every few hours... Sad

Ah i see... not ideal... why not putting a small appliance, like a raspberry PI on site, that will monitoring and / or reboot your rigs ? you could also have a monitoring on each rig (locally) that if something is wrong it'll reboot/restart miner and so on, this i what i do, local monitoring on each rig, then a global one on the network, and also a remote one on pool API's. Have you tried the watchdog option of the miner ?/

Problem is that i don't have dummy plugs and my rigs fail to reboot without monitor attached... So i need miner that will not crash every time internet connection is dropped... On other places with stable internet connection miner works stable... Also i had to remove that line zstratum+tls:// in start bat because miner refused to make secure connection complaining something about security certificate... On same rig Claymore SSL connection work without problems.Strange.
tiennou

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:43:58 AM

Also i had to remove that line zstratum+tls:// in start bat because miner refused to make secure connection complaining something about security certificate... On same rig Claymore SSL connection work without problems.Strange.
That's because the admins of that pool are sloppy and they installed a certificate which name is not coherent with the dns address.
Like for zec.coinmine.pl : the ssl certificate is actually for www2.coinmine.pl
=> Claymore added it just for the sake of the implementation and it adds little more security. Optiminer did the real work and checks that the certificate is actually the intended one (which is also why we can't hijack the fee channel anymore).

Code:
echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -connect zec.coinmine.pl:7017 2>/dev/null | openssl x509 -inform pem -noout -text
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:16:21 AM

Version 1.3.2 released!

Problem is that i don't have dummy plugs and my rigs fail to reboot without monitor attached... So i need miner that will not crash every time internet connection is dropped... On other places with stable internet connection miner works stable... Also i had to remove that line zstratum+tls:// in start bat because miner refused to make secure connection complaining something about security certificate... On same rig Claymore SSL connection work without problems.Strange.

Oh really ? weird it doesn't reboot without a screen connected, are you running linux or windows rig ? for linux headless, you could use dummy EDID in your X configuration to emulate screens.
nu2mining

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:29:34 AM

it says expected speeds for 480 is 260 H/s... but i just get 240-250... is there any way to speed it up?  im using the auto i for level 5.  level 6 doesnt seem to produce any faster.

Thanks guys
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 10:31:43 AM

it says expected speeds for 480 is 260 H/s... but i just get 240-250... is there any way to speed it up?  im using the auto i for level 5.  level 6 doesnt seem to produce any faster.

Thanks guys

On windows..?

Ubuntu 14.04, 280sol per GPU (480 4G MXM).

By far the best one out there (miner)..

pintycar

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:13:44 PM

First of all, thank you optiminer for your work with this miner. It is by far the highest performing one. However it behaves a bit erratically. For example, I use a rig with 4x290x cards (actually it's 2x295x2s) and without apparent reason, it stopped mining on two of them at one point. The cards are rock solid stable and they've never skipped a beat with Claymore's miner or previous scrypt miners. Please see the log below in case you have any suggestions  Smiley (do note that from 18:39, only 2 GPUs seem to be mining anymore)

So far all reported GPU hangs turned out to be hardware related and usually required a reboot to get the GPUs running again. I suggest to try the watchdog feature.
Thank you very much indeed for your prompt response. I shall give the watchdog feature a try and report back  Smiley
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 12:31:51 PM

and here for suprnova @ windows:

Code:
SETX GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
SETX GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
SETX GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

optiminer -s zec-eu.suprnova.cc:2142 -u youraddress.rig1 -p x -i 4

pause

have fun

Does this work without registering to your pool?

Yes, of course, just use your walletaddress for mining:

optiminer -s zec-eu.suprnova.cc:2142 -u WALLETADDRESS.rig1 -p x -i 4

You can also use ssl:

optiminer -s zstratum+tls://zec-eu.suprnova.cc:2142 -u youraddress.rig1 -p x -i 4

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:32:58 PM

what setting to run some part of GPU?
on cm i use -di

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:37:54 PM

what setting to run some part of GPU?
on cm i use -di

Code:
Optiminer.exe -help

--list-devices List all recognized devices with their platform and device id and quit.

-d <integer>,  --device <integer> (accepted multiple times) A OpenCL device id to use. If no devices are specified, all are used.

suggestion to OP, you should include in a readme or something all the optiminer switch (i haven't seen it on the depot, but maybe i missed it)
thilan29

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 02:50:23 PM

Hello,
I am getting this when mining on my 290:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/thilan29/optiminer.jpg

No error, it just stops mining.  Card is rock stable mining at higher clocks on Claymore.  I've underclocked it by 25MHz from those speeds.

Using 1.3.2 version, Win 10-64, Cats 16.11.3

Bat file has --watchdog-cmd option set with timer, but it doesn't actually get to the watchdog command I'm guessing.  I've seen it start the watchdog option when the internet connection was lost but it didn't in this case.

Any thoughts?
3sobaki

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:09:18 PM

Hello,
I am getting this when mining on my 290:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/thilan29/optiminer.jpg

No error, it just stops mining.  Card is rock stable mining at higher clocks on Claymore.  I've underclocked it by 25MHz from those speeds.

Using 1.3.2 version, Win 10-64, Cats 16.11.3

Bat file has --watchdog-cmd option set with timer, but it doesn't actually get to the watchdog command I'm guessing.  I've seen it start the watchdog option when the internet connection was lost but it didn't in this case.

Any thoughts?
пoвыcь пaвepлимит. мнe пoмoглo
thilan29

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:27:44 PM

пoвыcь пaвepлимит. мнe пoмoглo

Sorry, I don't speak Russian.  I tried google translate but it says "increase paver limit".  Not sure what that means lol.  Did you mean power limit?

If so, the cards are undervolted slightly to not go near the power limit, and the clocks are fixed in Afterburner.
niko2004x

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:31:07 PM

Noticed messages like
Code:
[2017-01-13 01:18:32.010] [error] Found solution index out of range: 1266366814
in logs (probably due overclocking).
Current version of miner does not print which card got bad solution.
Could this info (card id for bad solitions) be added to logs in new version?
zzzzzzzzzz

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:52:33 AM

Noticed messages like
Code:
[2017-01-13 01:18:32.010] [error] Found solution index out of range: 1266366814
in logs (probably due overclocking).
Current version of miner does not print which card got bad solution.
Could this info (card id for bad solitions) be added to logs in new version?

I second that. Passing an argument to the watchdog routine that indicates which GPU hung would be most excellent, as well.
Moondreams

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:43:09 PM

guys..how much sol with a 280x?
dartmyth

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 05:08:11 PM

i was using claymore and getting 150 s/s with my r9 380 tried optiminer and now i am getting 226 s/s with the same settings
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 05:16:55 PM

Version 1.3.2 released!

If you have a lot of rigs this might help https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695298.0
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:09:30 PM

Version 1.3.2 released!

If you have a lot of rigs this might help https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695298.0

Well as he stated the issue is that it seems the rig doesn't reboot if no screen is attached so no soft/hard reboot solution will do. He need either dummy plug or dummy edid (even if i find it weird it doesn't reboot)
tanoury

Activity: 235

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:19:48 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2017, 12:18:58 AM by tanoury

Trying to connect to MiningRigRentals and this is all I get:

Code:
[2017-01-13 18:05:08.715] [info] Connecting to us-central01.miningrigrentals.com:3333.
[2017-01-13 18:05:08.785] [info] Extranonce is ''.
[2017-01-13 18:05:08.870] [info] Connected to us-central01.miningrigrentals.com:3333.
[2017-01-13 18:05:08.921] [info] Server asked us to reconnect to us-central01.miningrigrentals.com:0
[2017-01-13 18:05:08.925] [error] IO/Error communicating to us-central01.miningrigrentals.com
[2017-01-13 18:05:08.948] [info] Connecting to us-central01.miningrigrentals.com:3333.
[2017-01-13 18:05:09.035] [info] Extranonce is ''.
[2017-01-13 18:05:13.473] [info] Connected to us-central01.miningrigrentals.com:3333.
[2017-01-13 18:05:13.524] [info] Server asked us to reconnect to us-central01.miningrigrentals.com:0
[2017-01-13 18:05:13.530] [error] IO/Error communicating to us-central01.miningrigrentals.com

Other miners work fine. Am I missing something in the command line?
Code:
Optiminer.exe -s us-central01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u tanoury.35385 -p x
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: