Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:36:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Optiminer/Zcash v1.7 (GPU, Windows+Linux, AMD)  (Read 115898 times)
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2105
Merit: 1397

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:20:07 PM

Are you going to fix the index out of range errors with the experimental kernel on tahiti cards?

AFAIK the index out of range errors only happen with nicehash, this does not depend on the kernel.

The experimental kernels seem generally to produce wrong solutions on the GCN1 cards like thaiti. That's why I called them experimental Wink I need to get hold of such a card to debug which can take some days.

Yes I said Tahiti card using your experimental kernel...you have made thousands of dollars with your fee...tahiti cards are sold for less than $100 these days.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
doktor83

Activity: 2534
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 10:27:26 PM

nice, now you are trying to tell the guy how to spend his money.
wtf world, wtf ?!

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
jstefanop
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:33:25 PM

wtf world, wtf ?!

No, I'm telling him how to spend MY money, which I have regrettably chosen to share with him because I have no other choice if I want to remain profitable. So yes, with kilo hashes  free mining power he has from my rigs, I have every right to tell him how to spend my money.

He makes way over 1k USD PER DAY from all of us, so I don't think a 90USD card will hurt his bottom line Roll Eyes

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
kotarius

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:34:24 PM

Some reactions here are pretty pathetic. Keep on trucking, optiminer.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:56:05 PM

wtf world, wtf ?!

No, I'm telling him how to spend MY money, which I have regrettably chosen to share with him because I have no other choice if I want to remain profitable. So yes, with kilo hashes  free mining power he has from my rigs, I have every right to tell him how to spend my money.

He makes way over 1k USD PER DAY from all of us, so I don't think a 90USD card will hurt his bottom line Roll Eyes

What an assshole - I am pretty certain there are other miners you can use, I am also certain that when you use Optiminers miner you agree to the fee and therefore it is NOT your money anymore.

Lastly, you need to go make up some more shit to spew and make up some more of your infamous bullshit claims.  Stop acting like an entitled prick
jstefanop
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:07:19 AM

wtf world, wtf ?!

No, I'm telling him how to spend MY money, which I have regrettably chosen to share with him because I have no other choice if I want to remain profitable. So yes, with kilo hashes  free mining power he has from my rigs, I have every right to tell him how to spend my money.

What an assshole - I am pretty certain there are other miners you can use, I am also certain that when you use Optiminers miner you agree to the fee and therefore it is NOT your money anymore.

Lastly, you need to go make up some more shit to spew and make up some more of your infamous bullshit claims.  Stop acting like an entitled prick

Lol id love to know about my infamous bullshit claims. What I have to say about this subject does not make me an entitled prick. What happens when an open source community is taken over by greed is this exact thing...no I dont have to use his software but I have no choice but to do so, until awesome efforts like zawawa's open source miner catches up to hardware limitations and levels the playing field for everyone, and the little miners take in as much profits as the big farms and the system works as intended.

And no I also dont have anything against rewarding early devs for their optimization work ( I have supported both optiminer and claymore with dev fees since day 1 even though I could turn them off), I am a developer myself and get it (even though all my work is open source). What I do have issues with are ENTITLED devs that charge what is essentially a subscription fee to their software, charge ridiculous fees that eat into most of our profits using our power and hardware, then act like children when the people funding them ask for improvements and fixes to basic issues that a 10% miner should not have.

Sure...im the entitled one haha

arwani1985

Activity: 817
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:22:03 AM

to mine, in order to gain profit zcash minimum VGA type what used ? thanks
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:02:38 AM

wtf world, wtf ?!

No, I'm telling him how to spend MY money, which I have regrettably chosen to share with him because I have no other choice if I want to remain profitable. So yes, with kilo hashes  free mining power he has from my rigs, I have every right to tell him how to spend my money.

Lastly, you need to go make up some more shit to spew and make up some more of your infamous bullshit claims.  Stop acting like an entitled prick

Lol id love to know about my infamous bullshit claims. What I have to say about this subject does not make me an entitled prick. What happens when an open source community is taken over by greed is this exact thing...no I dont have to use his software but I have no choice but to do so, until awesome efforts like zawawa's open source miner catches up to hardware limitations and levels the playing field for everyone, and the little miners take in as much profits as the big farms and the system works as intended.

And no I also dont have anything against rewarding early devs for their optimization work ( I have supported both optiminer and claymore with dev fees since day 1 even though I could turn them off), I am a developer myself and get it (even though all my work is open source). What I do have issues with are ENTITLED devs that charge what is essentially a subscription fee to their software, charge ridiculous fees that eat into most of our profits using our power and hardware, then act like children when the people funding them ask for improvements and fixes to basic issues that a 10% miner should not have.

You have every right to NOT use miners that charge a development fee. Their licence mentions explicitly that if you use the miner you accept the miners fee. The only reason why you still use Fee based miners is because you are too greedy to have a principled stand rejecting fee based miners, and do not support free miners with enough donations. Its people like you that think that others should work for free so your lazy ass can mine more efficiently. If that is not the DEFINITION of an entitled prick, I do not know what is.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:06:26 AM

Ok, business as usual with linux. Grin Spent several hours installing Ubuntu 16.04, installed admgpu-pro 16.40, downloaded optiminer... and got 60 sol/s from single rx 470. No idea how to even check the clocks it's running at. Anyone had a problem like this? What could be the reason for such low hashrate?
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:55:38 AM

Lol id love to know about my infamous bullshit claims.

I am not sure but maybe the ones about building 10-12 GPU rigs or the one about figuring out the RAM timings on GPU's or ....

Unlike you I pay the fees because I do not write miners.  If I do not like one I move to another one.  Secondly, I do not post shit like you (unless it is warranted) and unlike you I REALLY do have the RAM timings and all the rest of the BIOS mapped out.   Grin

I included a little text file with a message for you in it.
cristipuc

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:33:48 PM

Any idea how to fix this issue on CentOS 7 :

/optiminer-zcash: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./optiminer-zcash)

I installed the compat-libstdc++ but i get the same issue, any idea ? Will be great to have Optiminer on CentOS 7.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:38:03 PM

/optiminer-zcash: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./optiminer-zcash)

I installed the compat-libstdc++ but i get the same issue, any idea ? Will be great to have Optiminer on CentOS 7.

You need to install the library standalone somewhere, and then point to it when starting the miner.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/where_library_is_installed/ ./optiminer-zcash something
goen

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:49:16 PM

optiminer,

i have a problem using optiminer in ubuntu.
i got barely can mining.
i got this msg :
[*** LOG ERROR ***] [default] [argument index out of range] [2017-01-18 20:38:29]

ive tried to change the intensity from 6,5,4 to 3.
same result
how can i fix this?

cleverserge

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Ok, business as usual with linux. Grin Spent several hours installing Ubuntu 16.04, installed admgpu-pro 16.40, downloaded optiminer... and got 60 sol/s from single rx 470. No idea how to even check the clocks it's running at. Anyone had a problem like this? What could be the reason for such low hashrate?

GPU is connected to 16x PCIe slot with 1x riser? Try to connect to 1xPCIe slot. I had the same problem in ubuntu. Will try to install CentOS today.
BTW: on RX4xx cards with modded BIOS it is more profitable to mine ETH or ETH+SC than Zcash.
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:35:19 PM

Please help - how to reinstall AMD Crimson driver to V16.3.2?
I need it for better hashrate on Fury cards.
Before I used V16.10.1
I run amdcleanup - everything OK, then restarted. V16.3.2 was downloaded from guru3d.
But when I run it, it stop on the Analysing system screen and nothing more.
Windows Defender disabled. Win 10 64bit
Restart does not help. Tried several times.
What shall i do now?

wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:15:37 PM

GPU is connected to 16x PCIe slot with 1x riser? Try to connect to 1xPCIe slot. I had the same problem in ubuntu. Will try to install CentOS today.
BTW: on RX4xx cards with modded BIOS it is more profitable to mine ETH or ETH+SC than Zcash.
The card is attached directly to PCI-E x8 slot (server motherboard, only has x8 slots, and those are PCI-E 1.1). Problem solved by installing the latest beta 16.50, now I'm getting 255-260 sol/s from RX 470/4. For some reason I was only getting ~ 60 sol with 16.40.
Finding the most profitable coin is like playing a lottery though. Right now whattomine says that a single RX 470 makes $1.06 from ETH, $1.00 from XMR and $1.00 from ZEC. Difficulty fluctuations change this order several times a day, so right now ETH is the best, but in a couple hours ZEC might get more profitable again. I'm leaning towards XMR actually, whattomine assumes RX 470 hashes at 660 h/s, but this page says it can do 770 h/s. If that's true, then XMR is the most profitable out of these 3 to mine right now ($1.18/24h).

Back on topic, is there any way to monitor GPU parameters in Linux? Temperature, fans speed, clocks, voltages? I tried googling, but only found similar questions and no answers - people ask how to do this stuff with amd-gpu pro and no one seems to know.. Sad
accar0n

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:19:59 PM

@miropp

Use display driver uninstaller : http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
cristipuc

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:22:44 PM

You need to install the library standalone somewhere, and then point to it when starting the miner.

Thanks, i did this, right now i get a new error : [warning] Failed to list devices of platform 0: "CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND" Ignoring this platform,  any idea ?
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:19:18 PM

Thanks, i did this, right now i get a new error : [warning] Failed to list devices of platform 0: "CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND" Ignoring this platform,  any idea ?

Have you followed the steps, to install compatible AMD drivers ? This message mean it doesn't find any gpus or compatible ones

read this

https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerZcash

also your issue with the lib was listed in this page.
jstefanop
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:28:13 PM

wtf world, wtf ?!

You have every right to NOT use miners that charge a development fee. Their licence mentions explicitly that if you use the miner you accept the miners fee. The only reason why you still use Fee based miners is because you are too greedy to have a principled stand rejecting fee based miners, and do not support free miners with enough donations. Its people like you that think that others should work for free so your lazy ass can mine more efficiently. If that is not the DEFINITION of an entitled prick, I do not know what is.

You are new here and don't know much about the community so I wont bother responding to your naivety, but if you bothered looking me up you would know very well where my principles stand...if this post does not make it clear to you I don't know what else does:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1716584.msg17527667#msg17527667

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: