Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:45:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL/NCAAF 2016 Picks, Tips, Discussion  (Read 4527 times)
Junko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:39:28 AM

Thanks, I have been working hard on analyzing games and putting the content on my website. Hopefully, my in-depth analysis will get better with time. It's nowhere near how good I was years ago. As far as the website go, it will get better with time. Smiley

Cool. Best wishes for your website, mate. Your analysis has been pretty solid from what I've seen. Maybe in the future you'll let me, vella85, rubberduckie and zero1ten be guest tipsters on your website sometimes.

Roll Eyes  Lips sealed  Cheesy  Tongue

Depends on how well you can put your pick and thoughts on why into article form as well as how often you want to do so.  Grin

Oh man, that sounds like too much work for me. Plus, I'd prolly just embarrass myself anyway.  Lips sealed  I'll just stick to freelance amateur tipping and leave the real capping to the pro sharpsters like yourself.  Cool
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 12:46:17 AM

Thanks, I have been working hard on analyzing games and putting the content on my website. Hopefully, my in-depth analysis will get better with time. It's nowhere near how good I was years ago. As far as the website go, it will get better with time. Smiley

Cool. Best wishes for your website, mate. Your analysis has been pretty solid from what I've seen. Maybe in the future you'll let me, vella85, rubberduckie and zero1ten be guest tipsters on your website sometimes.

Roll Eyes  Lips sealed  Cheesy  Tongue

Depends on how well you can put your pick and thoughts on why into article form as well as how often you want to do so.  Grin

Oh man, that sounds like too much work for me. Plus, I'd prolly just embarrass myself anyway.  Lips sealed  I'll just stick to freelance amateur tipping and leave the real capping to the pro sharpsters like yourself.  Cool

lol I'm not a pro unless you count my NFL picks and CSGO picks. Now NBA, NHL or anything college good luck to you and me cuz 50-60% of the time most likely a lost.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 05:38:34 AM

Sunday's Results:

1% bets, picks in bold:

Philadelphia Eagles @ Baltimore Ravens -5.5 (1.905) : Loss -1.00 bet unit
Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs -5 (1.930) : Loss -1.00 bet unit
San Francisco 49ers @ Atlanta Falcons -14 (1.986) : Win +0.99 bet units
Oakland Raiders -3 (2.106) @ San Diego Chargers : <Push>
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +7 (1.976) @ Dallas Cowboys : Win +0.98 bet units
4-Team 6 point Teaser - Ties Lose; 1% bet (3.500) : Win +2.50 bet units
      New England Patriots -6 (+6) : W
      Buffalo Bills -10.5 (+6) : W
      Houston Texans -5 (+6) : W
      Atlanta Falcons -13 (+6) : W

Sunday Total: +2.47 bet units
Thread Total: +11.02 bet units
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 07:25:08 AM

Sunday's Results:

1% bets, picks in bold:

Well done on another week of profit on the NFL. Your teaser helped you out and was never in doubt. The playoff picture is now starting to take shape and it's going to be a tight finish in the AFC South with 3 teams in with a shot at making it through to the playoffs. Also with the NFC North with 3 teams fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 08:36:47 AM

Sunday's Results:

1% bets, picks in bold:

Well done on another week of profit on the NFL. Your teaser helped you out and was never in doubt. The playoff picture is now starting to take shape and it's going to be a tight finish in the AFC South with 3 teams in with a shot at making it through to the playoffs. Also with the NFC North with 3 teams fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

Thanks, mate. Yep, my teaser play was key for me ending up with a profit this week. The only leg that was iffy was the Texans-Jaguars game. I needed the +6 points in that one. Luckily it worked out in my favor. And congrats again on your NFL picks for this week. Nicely done. Yes, the playoff picture is slowly starting to take shape, but with only two weeks left in the regular season, it's coming down to the wire with still a few division races and some playoff spots still up for grabs. It will be an interesting end to the regular season, that's for sure.
zero1ten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 01:15:49 PM

Going with Washington vs Carolina, because the Redskins need to win the rest of their games this season to be able to have a shot to enter the playoffs unlike the Panthers who are already out of it. Good Luck
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:18:09 PM

Going with Washington vs Carolina, because the Redskins need to win the rest of their games this season to be able to have a shot to enter the playoffs unlike the Panthers who are already out of it. Good Luck
You are correct. Thanks to Washington's one tie and the Bucs losing to the Cowboys last night, Washington controls their own destiny. If they win their last three games starting with tonight's game vs Carolina, they are in the playoffs. They will be motivated and should play with some fire. Hopefully for your bet, they prepared well during the week leading up to tonight's game at home knowing that it might come down to this scenario. Carolina will be playing the role of spoiler on national television and if they have any pride they will put up some effort. Good Luck, zero1ten.
mrdeposit

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 01:08:40 AM

My pick for tonight is Panthers +7. I do think the redskins will win the game but I don't think they will cover the spread against the Panthers.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:44:59 AM

If you guys would like to get a bowl game pick em going for the remaining games I would like to participate in that. We could do it straight up or ATS. Bowl games provide daily action so I think it'd be fun.

Anyone interested?
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 03:54:39 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2016, 05:19:23 AM by Junko

My pick for tonight is Panthers +7. I do think the redskins will win the game but I don't think they will cover the spread against the Panthers.

That's looking like a good pick at the moment. Carolina is in control of the game nearing the end of the 3rd quarter. Redkins are playing like this game doesn't really matter to them. The home crowd is booing them and rightfully so. Carolina is just playing free and without any type of pressure on them.

If you guys would like to get a bowl game pick em going for the remaining games I would like to participate in that. We could do it straight up or ATS. Bowl games provide daily action so I think it'd be fun.

Anyone interested?

I would be interested and I think it would be fun, but I don't know if there are that many people here on the forum that bet/follow college football. Maybe start a new thread about it and people who might be interested might see it and come out of the shadows and show interest. Your post here will likely get buried without anyone seeing it.

_____
Some early picks for the upcoming NFL weekend (looks like most games are on Saturday this week because of Christmas):

Nitrogen Sports NFL, 1% bets, picks in bold:

New York Giants -3 (2.056) @ Philadelphia Eagles (Thursday 22, Dec.)

The Eagles showed some life and some heart last week vs Baltimore, but once again as we've seen many times before during the season, even despite bringing his team to within 1 point, Carson Wentz just isn't clutch. Last week's game wouldn't really have been close if it weren't for a boneheaded play by Flacco gifting the Eagles a turnover late and allowing the Eagles the opportunity to make the game close at the end (which fncked my bet on this game, btw  Angry). Anyway, I think the Giants defense will be too much for Wentz and the Philly offense. And NY has the weapons to shred the Eagles weak secondary.

San Diego Chargers -6 (1.996) @ Cleveland Browns (Saturday 24, Dec.)

Just my usual "Always bet against the Browns" pick. San Diego has nothing really to play for, but I know (it's been publicly confirmed since mid-season) that Cleveland has been tanking (losing on purpose) to get the number one draft pick next season and they are not about to let anybody like the 49ers or Jags steal it from them.

New York Jets @ New England Patriots -16.5 (1.986) (Saturday 24, Dec.)

The Jets are an easy fade here. The team is in shambles. The question isn't whether or not they get embarrassed by the Pats this weekend, but how bad will the man-shaming be. I'm betting that the embarrassment will be a 17 pt man-shaming at the least. I said a few days ago if the line opens Pats -21 or less I would take it.

The Jets, meanwhile are a dumpster fire. They are just pathetic. I predict the opening line for next week's Jets-Pats game with NE at home will be Patriots -21. Anything less than that and I will be all over it.

vella85

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 09:18:51 PM

Nice early picks mate as the spreads could move later in the week. I'll be going for some value this week as I think a few teams can win being the dogs like the Bengals and even the Jaguars which are paying great odds playing at home against the Titans. The Jaguars did show some fight last Sunday against the Texans and I think they can upset the Titans. I think they both will cover the spread but I'll be going with the money line for some value.

Good luck with your picks mate!

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:41:24 AM

Nice early picks mate as the spreads could move later in the week. I'll be going for some value this week as I think a few teams can win being the dogs like the Bengals and even the Jaguars which are paying great odds playing at home against the Titans. The Jaguars did show some fight last Sunday against the Texans and I think they can upset the Titans. I think they both will cover the spread but I'll be going with the money line for some value.

Good luck with your picks mate!

Thanks, mate. Some spreads have moved a tiny bit, but the wrong way for me, lol. But just half a point so it's no problem. I'm still comfortable with my picks. Though New York is playing off a short week and on the road - but Philadelphia is less than an hour away by car so it's not too bad.

Your Cincinnati pick is solid I think. Houston's offense is shaky. Osweiler got booed off the field last week in a poor performance against the Jags and will be replaced by Savage.

Your Jags pick to win is for sure the Underdog Special. Even though they beat the Texans last week, the Jags fired their head coach right after the game and Bortles hasn't really developed as a QB.

I should have another bet or two later, I just want to figure out how to play them - straight bet or teaser.

Anyway, Good Luck to you too on your picks, mate! And good luck to everyone else as well on their picks.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:19:48 AM

I have a teaser play to add to my other picks for this weekend (see three posts above). I'm basically moving the lines of games that I kind of like, but want to make more comfortable.

NitrogenSports NFL, 3% bet, 4-Team, 6 Point Teaser (3.500), picks in bold:

1. San Diego Chargers -5.5 (+6) @ Cleveland Browns
      2. Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers -6.5 (+6)
      3. Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks -7.5 (+6)
      4. Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs -3.5 (+6)

The Browns are "playing" for next year's number one draft pick. They can clinch that No.1 pick with a loss this week.

Minnesota's defense isn't what it was in the early part of the season. Their offensive line is not good. If Adrian Peterson plays, he will be playing with multiple nagging injuries behind that not good offensive line.  I'm going with Aaron Rogers playing at home in Green Bay in a game they need to win in order to keep their hold on the 6th playoff seed.

Arizona has done nothing on the road and I don't expect them to do anything playing in Seattle. The Seahawks have clinched the division and are motivated by getting a first round bye and a playoff game at home.

After taking over the division lead from the Raiders, the Chiefs followed that up with a choke job last weekend, giving the division lead right back to Oakland. This week I think they are looking to redeem themselves at home. The Chiefs rarely lose back to back games. Denver's defense is tough, but their offense just can't seem to score very many points.

zero1ten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 06:39:23 PM

Let's go Giants, going with NY Giants vs Phi Eagles because the Giants need to clinch the playoffs and the Eagles being out of it already as well as to have a shot in getting the first round bye if they end up with the same record with Dallas Cowboys. Good Luck
mrdeposit

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 07:02:33 PM

Let's go Giants, going with NY Giants vs Phi Eagles because the Giants need to clinch the playoffs and the Eagles being out of it already as well as to have a shot in getting the first round bye if they end up with the same record with Dallas Cowboys. Good Luck

Yeah same here, I took -3 Giants at even odds and +125 odds. I also took the over 41.5 total points. I almost had a degen moment and bet my whole bankroll. I only did that once and it was on dallas and they won. Smiley
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:34:05 PM

Alright, that's three of us for Giants. I have the Giants -3 also. Hopefully, New York jumps out ahead quickly and the Eagles just go down quietly without much of a fight.
vella85

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 04:23:58 AM

Not looking too good for you guys with the Giants to cover the -3 spread and even a touchdown and conversion won't help you guys out unless they end up going for the 2 point conversion to make it a 3 point game. I'm surprised at how well the Eagles have played tonight compared to their last few games.

Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 05:01:05 AM

Well, I thought the Giants would be good enough to be able to overcome being the "road team playing on a short week" disadvantage, especially against the lowly Eagles. But apparently I was wrong. The Giants, especially Eli Manning, just looked unprepared and made too many mistakes. Oh, well there's a loss for me.

Thursday result:

New York Giants -3 (2.056) @ Philadelphia Eagles : Loss -1.00 bet unit

Thursday Total : -1.00 bet unit
Thread Total : +10.02 bet units
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 05:32:16 AM

Just to let anyone who follows my thread know, I will be away for a little over a week. I leave in about three hours from now and will return Saturday, Dec 31. Going on a cruise with family to celebrate Christmas and my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Hopefully I will be back in time to post my picks for NFL Week 17. Once I finish this post, I will be logging off until then so I wish you all a safe and Merry Christmas! May the gambling gods look with favor on all of your bets, picks, tips and wagers.

Just a reminder of my picks for this weekend:

1% bet, San Diego Chargers -6 (1.996) @ Cleveland Browns (Saturday 24, Dec.)
1% bet, New York Jets @ New England Patriots -16.5 (1.986) (Saturday 24, Dec.)
3% bet, 4-Team, 6 Point Teaser (3.500), picks in bold:
      1. San Diego Chargers -5.5 (+6) @ Cleveland Browns (Saturday 24, Dec.)
      2. Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers -6.5 (+6) (Saturday 24, Dec.)
      3. Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks -7.5 (+6) (Saturday 24, Dec.)
      4. Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs -3.5 (+6) (Sunday 25 Dec.)

*[Edit]: I forgot to add I also have a NCAA pick pending for the day I get back on Saturday Dec. 31:

Neutral site, 1% bet, pick in bold:

Washington Huskies vs Alabama Crimson Tide -15.5 (1.850)

vella85

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 10:00:55 PM

Just to let anyone who follows my thread know, I will be away for a little over a week. I leave in about three hours from now and will return Saturday, Dec 31. Going on a cruise with family to celebrate Christmas and my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Hopefully I will be back in time to post my picks for NFL Week 17. Once I finish this post, I will be logging off until then so I wish you all a safe and Merry Christmas! May the gambling gods look with favor on all of your bets, picks, tips and wagers.

Just a reminder of my picks for this weekend:

1% bet, San Diego Chargers -6 (1.996) @ Cleveland Browns (Saturday 24, Dec.)
1% bet, New York Jets @ New England Patriots -16.5 (1.986) (Saturday 24, Dec.)
3% bet, 4-Team, 6 Point Teaser (3.500), picks in bold:
      1. San Diego Chargers -5.5 (+6) @ Cleveland Browns (Saturday 24, Dec.)
      2. Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers -6.5 (+6) (Saturday 24, Dec.)
      3. Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks -7.5 (+6) (Saturday 24, Dec.)
      4. Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs -3.5 (+6) (Sunday 25 Dec.)

*[Edit]: I forgot to add I also have a NCAA pick pending for the day I get back on Saturday Dec. 31:

Neutral site, 1% bet, pick in bold:

Washington Huskies vs Alabama Crimson Tide -15.5 (1.850)

Have a safe trip my friend and the same goes to you Have a Merry Christmas and lets hope we get some early Christmas presents with our bets on the NFL. That would make it even more great lol Unlucky with the Giants loosing and they are yet to clinch a playoff spot so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: