Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy?  (Read 29810 times)
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:58:52 PM

I'm about to purchase a Giant tomorrow, so just wanted to make sure there isn't going to be another group buy in a week or so? Smiley It's a risk I take instead of waiting, but if there isn't going to be another group buy in the coming weeks/months, I'll just buy it tomorrow instead.
weeks confirmed

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frozenfame

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:50:33 AM

Purchased a Mini from Baikal to Canada. Great customer service, I would definitely buy again. Excited to get 1 or 2 quadruple units when the next group buy happens, Hopefully that comes quick.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:22:18 PM

Is there another group buy coming soon or are we just to buy directly from Baikal?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:14:56 PM

Is there another group buy coming soon or are we just to buy directly from Baikal?

It sounds like there will be another group buy, but Baikal is out of stock on the miners.  So sounds like we are waiting for the next "batch" to be produced.  Bittawm is saying "weeks" before we see the next round of group buy.  So that is pretty wide open as to the time frame. 
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:59:02 PM

Baikal miner overclocking? Whats the verdict here? Seems reasonable that it could run 10% faster being that they run so cool (40-45C)

TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:06:27 PM

Baikal miner overclocking? Whats the verdict here? Seems reasonable that it could run 10% faster being that they run so cool (40-45C)

The clock speed seems to be locked at 300.  The version of sgminer they are using has a baikal specific flag for heat throttling, but I've only been able to underclock the device by this method.  I only played with it for a few days before moving on.  I'm no EE--there maybe voltage requirements that may need to be tweaked as well.  I only looked at the software.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 11:53:33 PM

It sounds like there will be another group buy, but Baikal is out of stock on the miners.  So sounds like we are waiting for the next "batch" to be produced.  Bittawm is saying "weeks" before we see the next round of group buy.  So that is pretty wide open as to the time frame. 

the real question is "weeks" worth not waiting for 28nm? i really want one of these but just cant get past the 40mn process, seems like 28 will be soon
. then again, if i would have said fuck it and went for it like alot of you guys, i would have capitalized on this nice DASH rise! ;p
i wont be missing out on the next one i dont think, midas. DASH is a for profit coin, it will always be around and good value

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
xxkaiwaxx

Activity: 479
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:45:32 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2019, 06:08:13 AM by xxkaiwaxx

Why do sellers on sites like alibaba.com only sell on alibaba.com?

They advertising as saying that they still have thousands of baikal giant miners in stock/available.

If thats the case, why on earth do they not put them up where everyone can see them? e.g ebay?

Im considering buying from there, but want to know some facts first..

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:04:13 AM

They advertising as saying that they still have thousands of baikal giant miners in stock/available.

If thats the case, why on earth do they not put them up where everyone can see them? e.g ebay?

MOST imho are probably scam sites..such is done

..or the price is so high as to make them premium purchases only
(ie outrageous prices for quick $$$ turnover)

one or the other

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
klimpa

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:50:48 AM

Becasue they are chinese and chinese use Alibaba or aliexpress not eBay. They are just resselrs for most of time, some are scammers though.
klimpa

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:52:39 AM

the real question is "weeks" worth not waiting for 28nm? i really want one of these but just cant get past the 40mn process, seems like 28 will be soon
. then again, if i would have said fuck it and went for it like alot of you guys, i would have capitalized on this nice DASH rise! ;p
i wont be missing out on the next one i dont think, midas. DASH is a for profit coin, it will always be around and good value

Not much point of 28nm only to cut down costs of chips. But it takes a lot of funds to develop new chip on new process. Eiterway Baikal x11 miners are most effienct miners from all algos. Basically they are effected least by electricity price than other algo miners. Like SHA256, scrypt or GPU (ETH/ZCash).
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:55:12 AM

So this weeks framework..what are people thinking 3 months? 2 months? more?

I assume it would be 'giants' only at that point at more or less the same price.

I don't mine..how is the difficulty going to be ...at this point of time ..in the X11 world at say 3 months

*just seeing how far behind the pack I would be ..probably buying a giant at BEST at the 1900 next group buy price*

anyway that kinda pondering is in my mind ..others?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Quakenet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 09:31:39 AM

I assume it would be 'giants' only at that point at more or less the same price.

I don't mine..how is the difficulty going to be ...at this point of time ..in the X11 world at say 3 months

*just seeing how far behind the pack I would be ..probably buying a giant at BEST at the 1900 next group buy price*

Im going for 10 more if the price is right!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 10:07:02 AM

Im going for 10 more if the price is right!

In 2013 (knc 550gh BTC miner) thru Dec 2016..I too was brave...alas now I am a coward...I just cleared 100 btc and am out of debt..mining this covered all (with luck
used equip and knc summer liquidation sale) ..thus that 100 btc the only thing I have IN is time/hobby/labor...no $$$ ..I'm flush

thus 'cowardice' set in.....so I plan to set this 100 btc aside in the old bank safety deposit box paper wallet and save my pennies for other 'silliness' like a Baikal miner in the future
maybe....

ie 53 btc out of the KNC 550 gh BTC Jupiter miner (2013-14) and 47 btc clear out of 1 new/2 used (more or less) and 7 new (a bankruptcy and liquidation knc sale) (2014 to Jan 2017)

thus any 'bets' in the future on ANY type of mining has to STAND ON IT'S OWN! (ie no touchy,touchy the btc in the 100 btc hoard..nada)

So far say, IF the math works with X11 coins and calculators on such and IF Baikal was to push out another group buy in a couple months THEN using NEW $$$ saved
NOT btc cash...I might get a couple

but the days of 35k plus for miners are gone for me...it was too nerve racking... 5k is my limit...mining myself out of 35k hole was NO FUN....I did it but was a nervous wreck
a lot of the time (i mean i sent 11.4k to knc liguidation sale..those guys are 'evil' thought I'd get a box of rocks!..the (at the same time) dumbest thing I ever did and the
most brillant thing i ever did .but it worked..but the horror....of waiting a week ...i was sure they were gonna send me NEPTUNE btc miners or box of rocks..shudder)

So coward that I know am I will be drifting back to hobby miner..but so far ..depending price and when they get the next group buy out...I think a LOT of home miner types are thinking this way and/or looking at math giant baikal miners to use now on data halls to do so....but using 800 btc to chase at the end of 2016 1100 btc to get to 100 btc was NO fun..don't want to chase 1100 btc paid out of hoard to chase 2k btc to get back even by end of 2017...shudder...the horror...been there done that...thus my cowardly restraint (so far)

but baikal should be able to push quite a few on the next group buys..even folk like me ..who probably SHOULD just hoard and buy coin only....well them nice whirly
noises from the fan..and blinking lcd's etc are soooo soothing Smiley.........toys...

hopefully weeks means 6 wks or less for the next group buy..but again ALL FUTURE MINERS for me anyway ...newly minted coward that I am now.....likely x11 ..will have to stand on their own.....and we can repeat the merry go around from 2017 to say hopefully 2019..(but all in data halls this time my elec is now too high for home miner's) WITH A LOT LESS ASIC
MINER PTSD STRESS! (yep cowardice is the way to go now..back to 2 unit hobby miner...so soothing)

sorry about the length..bored at work...got a cold...(sneezing while typing is annoying) Smiley

felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 10:18:34 AM

haha Tongue

i hope they dont open up new miners to buy for a long time as i dont intend to buy more till it gets colder (aka 5 months) and more miners means less profit Tongue
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 10:31:35 AM

haha Tongue

i hope they dont open up new miners to buy for a long time as i dont intend to buy more till it gets colder (aka 5 months) and more miners means less profit Tongue

it may take that long for the math to work on such a baikal miner and/or they may announce say in june/july a new badder product....

which means by fall I too could save some more $$$ and maybe move my cowardice meter up to (gasp!) 3 giants or bigger/badder equiv units

its all math..does it work or at least have a shot of ROI but yeah FREE HEAT HELPS (3 years my house of free heat from last winters....would go for 4 years
even if it was break even..just to watch the fans and pretty,pretty lcd's etc) SO ADDICTED...ALAS 10C KWH elec in winter MAY not cut it even with that

oh well baikal's can go to 'boarding school' ie data hall for less elec costs..if they are as stable as everyone says (if i can survive flaky titans in data halls
the giants should be cake)

must save pennies..must take up 'attic mining' have 5k of crap in attic sell on ebay..fall rolls around buy miner.....make rec room in empty attic...house
value goes up 10k see...win/win/win (i may be projecting success here just to get toys...nah....)

but yeah ...finding something that makes sense to slip thru winter to heat the house again would be slick

nu1mlock

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 12:21:16 PM

I just purchased a Giant from Baikal, so I'm looking forward to receive it. I'm hoping I'll get it late next week, but I'm counting on the week after that.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 12:28:38 PM

I just purchased a Giant from Baikal, so I'm looking forward to receive it. I'm hoping I'll get it late next week, but I'm counting on the week after that.

well your 'bet' paid off...I myself till another group buy should probably just mine the knc titans (scrypt) and use www.shapeshift.io and get either
x11 coins or DASH and hold. Sure there is a 'fee' from shapeshift..but in that I'm ROI'd on all my Titans...that could be a plan. (have been moving ltc to btc)

but from a boat missed point of view should have done it to dash a long time ago (so many boats missed...me waving on the dock) Sad

Lots of angles I can play till end of life on titans and they reach their dream of 'bricking themselves to the blessed release of door stops..yes they are that evil! Smiley

So anyway 'hoard' for a couple hobby miner baikals on the next group buy I guess. (good to have goals)

TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:41:41 PM

I wish someone would figure out how to overclock these badboys...I have had my baikals since July/August of last year. So I've ROI'ed and wouldn't mind testing one for a overclock.
civilufo

Activity: 375

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:44:08 AM

Becasue they are chinese and chinese use Alibaba or aliexpress not eBay. They are just resselrs for most of time, some are scammers though.

Yes, you're right. They are Chinese, so alibaba is their favorite platform to international... actually I think it is safe to use the platform, because there is buyer protection like eBay...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: