Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:52:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy?  (Read 29810 times)
shadowhlohavec

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 01:59:25 AM

anybody who has experience buying from alibaba? they seem like legit chinese companies which are actually selling baikals and many other asics, they also have some industrial certification there and I think fair price, scammers would use far lower prices to get more customers... and I think there must be also some buyers protection like on ebay but i have no experience buying from alibaba so cant tell. Only one thing that seems a bit fishy are the numbers of baikals they can provide in thousands hmm..

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:47:50 AM

Possibly they just put placeholder there. And when you buy they contact Baikal and buys from them. But as Biakla is currently sold out might be they are also sold out. You can just msg them and ask if these miners are in stock.
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 02:21:31 PM

Why buy a Giant over a Qualdruple?

Giant = 900MHs = $1200 = $1.33 Cost per MHs

Quad = 600MHs = $2400 = $4.00 Cost per MHs

Why not buy 2 Quadruples for $2400 and have 1200MHs?

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 02:36:47 PM

Actually it is:
Giant = 900 Mh/s = $2380 = $2.644 per Mh/s

Quad = 600 Mh/s = $1200 = $2.0 per Mh/s

With current prices it indeed makes more sense to buy the Quad miner.

Mini miner: http://www.baikalminer.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=466
Quad: http://www.baikalminer.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=467
Giant: http://www.baikalminer.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=468

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:21:29 PM

Actually it is:

It's hard to differentiate the best buy, because of the difference in electric.
If your electric is on the expensive side, then perhaps the Giant makes more sense, however if your electric is on the cheap side then perhaps the Quad makes more sense.
AT this time, im sticking with the Quad because my electric is $0.09/KWh, and I think it will get me shorter ROI. I haven't done a any exhaustive analysys on the ROI, more of a gut feeling that I will fare better with the Quad.
A few months ago, I did some research on what it would cost to setup a solar panel + battery to run the Quad. It didn't look good. Even if I used mining profits to buy the panel, I would need approx 300W panel and a rather large AH battery to make it work, and those would cost more than the miner itself.
bittaitaliana
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:42:52 PM

i have received the baikal mini , but the miner is faulty, it won't boot with the above errors:

i' m the only with this problem ?

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
xxkaiwaxx

Activity: 479
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:13:13 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2019, 03:31:45 AM by xxkaiwaxx

This will be my first time mining.

Does it matter whether you parallel up all the machines or not?

Say i was in a mining pool and i had 10 Giants all paralled up, for a grand total of 9Gh/s...

If i were in the same mining pool, but with 10 Giants running separately @ 900Mh/s, Would i be mining the same amount as the "above mentioned"?

nu1mlock

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:10:35 AM

Say i was in a mining pool and i had 10 Giants all paralled up, for a grand total of 9Gh/s...

If i were in the same mining pool, but with 10 Giants running separately @ 900Mh/s, Would i be mining the same amount as the "above mentioned"?
10x900 is the same no matter how you look at it. Last time I checked, that's how math works.
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:25:13 AM

Running seperate would allow you to easier diagnose problems if some of miners wouldn't run at 900MHas. otherwise if same pool no difference.
BitmasterX

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:27:05 AM

I'm about to purchase a Giant tomorrow, so just wanted to make sure there isn't going to be another group buy in a week or so? Smiley It's a risk I take instead of waiting, but if there isn't going to be another group buy in the coming weeks/months, I'll just buy it tomorrow instead.
weeks confirmed

Hi bittawm. Can you give a better estimate of the weeks that they will have stock? Is it like 2-3 weeks, or more like 4-6 weeks?
And any idea the new price for the group buy for Giant-A900 or the Quadruple Miner?

Thanks alot in advance.
xxkaiwaxx

Activity: 479
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:08:45 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2019, 03:10:47 AM by xxkaiwaxx

10x900 is the same no matter how you look at it. Last time I checked, that's how math works.

Understood. Yea seems logical. But me being a noob, and have never played with a miner before, theres alot of talk about paralleling them up, for whatever reason.

Was just wondering, if it doesnt matter if theyre joined together or not, then what would be the advantage of ever linking them in the first place?

Sorry im really new, no doubt there will be things i cant see right now that will be completely obvious to most of yous. ^^"

nu1mlock

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:35:35 PM

Was just wondering, if it doesnt matter if theyre joined together or not, then what would be the advantage of ever linking them in the first place?
The main reason being that you only need a single ethernet cable instead of one per Giant.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:38:26 PM

Understood. Yea seems logical. But me being a noob, and have never played with a miner before, theres alot of talk about paralleling them up, for whatever reason.

Sorry im really new, no doubt there will be things i cant see right now that will be completely obvious to most of yous. ^^"

Can you clarify what you mean by "paralleling them up"?
Are you talking about using the same worker name for multiple rigs, or are you talking about hooking multiple 150MHs miners together to make a single larger miner under a single controller?

I don't like overloading the worker names, because having them separate allows me more flexability to move my hashrate between pools and coins. If I had 9GHs, I could very easily saturate a stratum server if the pool is running on virtual/cloud architecture or just plain junky hardware. I could also easily get orphans that way which is a waste.

If you are talking physical connecting multiple miners under a single controller, there is a more-or-less optimal number of HW miners any given controller can handle without being overworked and possibly running less than optimal. That said, I do like the Quad miners, as it reduces my ethernet port overhead and the number of "rigs" I have to manage, although there is some advanced software capable of handling that, it usually costs money.

I have nothing against the Giant, but you only get 50% more hashrate for almost twice the price. The main benefit is the lower electric cost. My personal opinion is that matters more if you pay a lot for electric, but not as much if your electric rate is low. Since mine is fairly low, the electric savings are goign to have a hard time making up the extra costs. I would rather get 1.5 Quads than a single Giant, but that's my opinion, not a "fact".
TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:41:01 PM

anybody who has experience buying from alibaba? they seem like legit chinese companies which are actually selling baikals and many other asics, they also have some industrial certification there and I think fair price, scammers would use far lower prices to get more customers... and I think there must be also some buyers protection like on ebay but i have no experience buying from alibaba so cant tell. Only one thing that seems a bit fishy are the numbers of baikals they can provide in thousands hmm..

I know of many who have had good experiences on Alibaba, but myself was once scammed on a purchase of a cell phone. Alibaba did nothing to get me my money back.
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:41:32 PM

you save on less power consumption from the controllers

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
vinpo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:43:12 PM

Baikal support said me: "You can connect not more than 8 mini miner together, or the rejection rate will increase."
I think, with Giants will be same.
Just connected 5 mini together, and rejected rate now about 3%, I will wait a day, and maybe split to 2 groups.
Maybe orange mini pc too weak for this.
TunerDude007

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:44:04 PM

Actually it is:

In fact, if someone was looking to get 900mgs then I think 6xmini's is better buy. 1800usd

But seeing how recent demand for Baikal has sky rocketed, I wouldn't be surprised if Baikal increases the prices back to the old days when they first came out. I hope not, as I plan to purchase more.
TunerDude007

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:02:02 PM

i have received the baikal mini , but the miner is faulty, it won't boot with the above errors:

i' m the only with this problem ?

Is this the only thing you see? Do you even see the native Baikal dashboard? Check see if there is a mini sd card inserted on the orange.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:12:52 PM

Baikal has been really good about support.
You can skype them or email and get quick replys.
In my case, I had a bad orange and they paid for me to buy a new one from ebay to replace it.
That way, it was both fast and paid-for.
nu1mlock

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:11:31 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 07:49:34 AM by nu1mlock

I thought I'd post this as a heads-up:

I've been talking to Baikal through Skype and ordered one Giant last week. I also sent an e-mail to their e-mail on their website to confirm the Skype contact and BTC address. So I'm (hopefully) good.

However, I noticed that people have been reporting strange behavior from that same Skype contact the last few days. And when I checked, it had also changed name from "being a lot of Baikal contact information" to "mark david".

So anyone trying to contact Baikal through Skype should be careful - or even better, just don't do it until they update us on the situation!

Even their own thread about how to find the correct Skype profile is now wrong!

Original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1804508

Edit: Typo on the new username.

Edit 2: They have replied and changed the information back. I apologize if I jumped to conclusions - I was only worried that someone might have hacked their Skype account and was trying to scam people. It seems to have been fixed anyway. My bad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: