Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:21:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy?  (Read 29809 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:35:38 PM

Yep he said more info next week. I asked about other new products. Like new Giant. Same about 6pin, more info next week.

Ok to be clear. Info next week then sale Monday the following week. Seems like that may
be how it is. Or is it all muddy. This week would suck for me to order. Training in a new person. Hard to do baikal
Group buy in that matter. Even if up at job in the am.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sackingsfan

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:40:24 AM

So is anyone organizing a group buy?  If so I'm down for 2 cubes. 
Also can someone that has bought from this company before explain the process.  Such as how long does the shipping take?  Do we have to pay a customs fee on top of the miner cost? 
Any info would be appreciated.
Thank you
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:41:39 AM

They seem to have a new web site, and it's a mess.

No SSL, so everything (including passwords) is unencrypted.

When you go to the "My Information" page, it shows you your password. So they're not hashing passwords, which is a normal and expected security measure.

Considering how much money they've handled, and will handle with their new Cube product, seems like they should take security more seriously.

Not that it will stop people from throwing money at them when they've got Cube's to sell Wink

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:24:04 AM

They seem to have a new web site, and it's a mess.

No SSL, so everything (including passwords) is unencrypted.

When you go to the "My Information" page, it shows you your password. So they're not hashing passwords, which is a normal and expected security measure.

Considering how much money they've handled, and will handle with their new Cube product, seems like they should take security more seriously.

Not that it will stop people from throwing money at them when they've got Cube's to sell Wink

They literally put up that website yesterday.

So probably ironing out a few kinks...yeah? I'd still handle business with them via skype or email Cheesy
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:39:44 AM

Also can someone that has bought from this company before explain the process.  Such as how long does the shipping take?  Do we have to pay a customs fee on top of the miner cost? 
Thank you

I will be organizing another one, I am in communication with baikal

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
isoneguy

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:43:29 AM

Is there anything really to organize? I don't think it would be fair to limit us to 2 cubes and then send you any more than that.

At this point their gear sells itself.
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:47:02 AM

Is there anything really to organize? I don't think it would be fair to limit us to 2 cubes and then send you any more than that.

At this point their gear sells itself.

Discount is always nice Smiley
kurbeks

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:52:01 AM

Thank you

Buying was easy. I mentioned group buy, but bought directly from Baikal. So got my 10% discount from miner+shipping. Communicated with email and then is skype, for faster communication and locking BTC value. Shipping with EMS took over a month, becuase package got stuck somewhere. I specifically choose EMS instead of UPS as it allows me only to pay customs from what is written on pacake instead of full value. Baikal writes lower value so you don''t have to pay full VAT. I don't about custom laws in your country. Also in Baikal's handwriting those numbers lokked different so in end avoided custom fees althougher. I think everything over 23-24 euros have to mpay 21% VAT.

Hope it helps.
MrN4body

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:47:04 AM

Thank you

hoping for a fast update
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:11:47 AM

So is anyone organizing a group buy?  If so I'm down for 2 cubes.  
Also can someone that has bought from this company before explain the process.  Such as how long does the shipping take?  Do we have to pay a customs fee on top of the miner cost?  
Thank you

I assume it is for the 'bigger units' coming after this 600mh unit this coming week. (it is this coming week right 4/9/17 to 4/15/17.......)?

Damn hard to get everyone's 'duck's in a row' if they plan to announce and sell on monday 4/10/17 .don't ya know Smiley

I've heard 'annoucements this coming week" and 'selling this coming week'

I told them about the security issues a couple days ago.....they SAID they would pass it on to the tech dept (this was in baikalminer skype)

anyway ....still pretty 'muddy' on how this is gonna shake out

I myself am not sure if I will get one or two...(or even if I can training in someone that nite..I work nites) sigh

Also I 'suspect' that with all this stuff hitting the market by baikal the difficulty will go up by 1/3 at least on this go around. So kinda scratching
my head ...if it is worth the 800 bucks...when the 'big stuff hits' .....esp with X11 coins taking a price dump maybe...(coin toss in my mind as usual with asic equip) Sad

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:35:24 AM

Thank you

I'll be among the first to participate in that group buy. I am collecting bitcoin already.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

kurbeks

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:12:05 AM

Also can someone that has bought from this company before explain the process.  Such as how long does the shipping take?  Do we have to pay a customs fee on top of the miner cost?  
Thank you

I assume it is for the 'bigger units' coming after this 600mh unit this coming week. (it is this coming week right 4/9/17 to 4/15/17.......)?

Damn hard to get everyone's 'duck's in a row' if they plan to announce and sell on monday 4/10/17 .don't ya know Smiley

I told them about the security issues a couple days ago.....they SAID they would pass it on to the tech dept (this was in baikalminer skype)

I myself am not sure if I will get one or two...(or even if I can training in someone that nite..I work nites) sigh

Also I 'suspect' that with all this stuff hitting the market by baikal the difficulty will go up by 1/3 at least on this go around. So kinda scratching
my head ...if it is worth the 800 bucks...when the 'big stuff hits' .....esp with X11 coins taking a price dump maybe...(coin toss in my mind as usual with asic equip) Sad

later

brad

seriously doubt that this batch is gona be so big that it will increase diff up to 1/3. Even on Dash and there are more profitable x11 coins than DASH not to even mention other algos which Baikal can do.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:25:48 AM

Thank you

later

brad

seriously doubt that this batch is gona be so big that it will increase diff up to 1/3. Even on Dash and there are more profitable x11 coins than DASH not to even mention other algos which Baikal can do.

not this batch..I was unclear...just the next batch of the products they have ..in stages likely next month or so imho

pinidea also is bringing stuff out...and with the A900's and such ..they've had imho enough time to pump those up to bigger numbers I'd bet...so my timeline on this is 3 months
I bet it will be 1/3 more difficulty. Not a big fan of the 35 day warranty either Sad

Just 'woolgathering' all the ways this could go 'pear shaped' Smiley

isoneguy

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:34:01 AM

not this batch..I was unclear...just the next batch of the products they have ..in stages likely next month or so imho

pinidea also is bringing stuff out...and with the A900's and such ..they've had imho enough time to pump those up to bigger numbers I'd bet...so my timeline on this is 3 months
I bet it will be 1/3 more difficulty. Not a big fan of the 35 day warranty either Sad

Just 'woolgathering' all the ways this could go 'pear shaped' Smiley

I saw someone playing with 30gh of x-11 hashrate yesterday...moving it around.

Do you have any additional information on what pinidea is working on?
Oleg326756

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 11:51:05 AM

Thank you

I'll be among the first to participate in that group buy. I am collecting bitcoin already.

Same (especially if we can get a discounted price for the group buy). I'm up for one Cube. Can pay with BTC.
kurbeks

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 11:52:29 AM

Pinidea has everything out of stock. And last month before everyone was acusing them fo scam. Because of taking money putting it on hold and shipping miners much later. Pinidea is also less stable than baikal and worse quality.
isoneguy

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 11:56:17 AM

Pinidea has everything out of stock. And last month before everyone was acusing them fo scam. Because of taking money putting it on hold and shipping miners much later. Pinidea is also less stable than baikal and worse quality.

My Dr3 keeps spitting out shares over 1gh, one day it was in the 1.8gh range.

Ugh...I only paid for 600mh...wtf.

My Du-1's regularily hash at 14mh...sigh.

Too bad my PinIdea equipment don't hash at their reported rates.

And oh man, it took 12 days for the equipment to get to me after paying.

I don't feel spoiled enough...please help.

I will admit, baikal gear is a lot more spot on with their hashrates...it's almost as if each company was catering to a different crowd or something.

The Giant's I had a chance to play with rarely dipped below 900mh and rarely went above it.
Julian1990

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:07:50 PM

is it sold out?

if i want to buy comes this :" Sorry, inventory is not enough! Please reset the number you want to buy or contact customer service! ".
Baikal, help pls
isoneguy

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:15:38 PM

is it sold out?

if i want to buy comes this :" Sorry, inventory is not enough! Please reset the number you want to buy or contact customer service! ".
Baikal, help pls

They haven't even started selling anything this round...employ patience.
Julian1990

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:25:20 PM

Thanks for your fast response!
I hope i get one Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: