Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:58:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy?  (Read 29810 times)
Julian1990

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:32:22 AM

No out of stock warning now.
But i see no BTC Price when i order, only a Dash Price and no shipping costs to germany?!
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:44:36 AM

Yup its look like they are collecting the orders then dispatch the payment address and other stuff later.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:48:21 AM

I tried to order today after receiving an email saying they are now available, but their site is very flakey as mentioned above.

When I tried to order the site quoted me a price in Dash which was (at current price) about $1150 for one mini miner. So I emailed then and asked what the "real" price in dash is, given that they have made them $799 which should be around 12.5 Dash. I have ordered one before and paid in Dash with no problems

Around two hours later I got an email saying:

Can you pay the bitcoin?

...so a company making X11 miners (which mine Dash obviously) is now demanding payment in bitcoin.

It's making me totally nervous. I don't really think I'm willing to risk $799 on something that was $300 only a couple of months ago.

I do understand that the demand is much, much higher now but still -if this is a company with enough technical know-how to create possibly the best performing X11 miner available in terms of hash per watt - why can't they get their shit together enough to build a working website and provide a confidence inspiring store interface?

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:05:42 AM

I tried to order today after receiving an email saying they are now available, but their site is very flakey as mentioned above.

When I tried to order the site quoted me a price in Dash which was (at current price) about $1150 for one mini miner. So I emailed then and asked what the "real" price in dash is, given that they have made them $799 which should be around 12.5 Dash. I have ordered one before and paid in Dash with no problems

Can you pay the bitcoin?

...so a company making X11 miners (which mine Dash obviously) is now demanding payment in bitcoin.

It's making me totally nervous. I don't really think I'm willing to risk $799 on something that was $300 only a couple of months ago.

I do understand that the demand is much, much higher now but still -if this is a company with enough technical know-how to create possibly the best performing X11 miner available in terms of hash per watt - why can't they get their shit together enough to build a working website and provide a confidence inspiring store interface?

AFAIK it's not the  same model. This one is hashing with DOUBLE hashrate than previous Mini model. So, the price is little bit more than double, but market demand is huge so it will go for sure with new price level.

newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:11:19 AM

Can you pay the bitcoin?

AFAIK it's not the  same model. This one is hashing with DOUBLE hashrate than previous Mini model. So, the price is little bit more than double, but market demand is huge so it will go for sure with new price level.

Man I didn't even notice that it was 300mh/s. I just looked at the picture and saw a mini-miner. And I sent them a rude email about why the hell can't they accept dash as payment and why is their shop interface so terrible... so they probably won't sell me one now anyway. Oh well.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:32:27 AM

Their site is totally flakey. I've been forced to create multiple accounts (2 in the last couple of days alone) in order to be greeted with an out of stock message.

Between the completely unprofessional site and with the uncertain future of x11 mining viability, I'm resisting the siren song and focusing elsewhere.

To everyone else, good luck...

Just jump in and get one if you want.... You don't have to pay right away..I will see what the heck is the price they want...if I don't like it
won't pay

but you can get in the que Smiley

(me I'm kinda thinking like you I should maybe get out....but will watch and ponder..problem with this stuff with 35 day warranty and the site sucks so
bad ..makes you wonder what the equip is like) Sad

anyway ..in your boat but lurking ( BUT on the list waiting for payment details)

wtf I have no life .....something to do Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
maleemk

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:26:52 AM

Just completed the order with 0.719 BTC (including shipping) let see what's in the baikal's bag for future.
One thing I noticed though, not very many confirmed Bitcoin Payments to the address, Max. 10 including me.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:30:36 AM

They have my account mixed up with someone else in Japan.
When I tried to order it was using this other persons personal information, so I didn't complete the order.
roomservice

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:32:35 AM

Just completed the order with 0.719 BTC (including shipping) let see what's in the baikal's bag for future.

Wow, that's about $70 for shipping Shocked

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:32:49 AM

It feels as if there is only 1 individual taking orders...difficult to get through to them sometimes.

Ugh...
galixxx

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:38:27 AM

on my mobile i just get the old page with the old miners from baikal...  Huh
EDIT: there is a difference between www.baikalminer.com and baikalminer.com  Cool
isoneguy

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:42:07 AM

go here: http://www.baikalminer.com/products.php

They must have www. routed to a different web server.
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:46:21 AM

EDIT: there is a difference between www.baikalminer.com and baikalminer.com  Cool

I think the mobile site is buggy
maleemk

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:51:58 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 10:01:59 AM by maleemk

Wow, that's about $70 for shipping Shocked
67 USD to be precise. However In the Blockchain explorer, I am the lowest one on the shipping cost. I have seen some in 0.8something BTC.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

isoneguy

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:54:41 AM

could you guys leave baikal alone long enough for them to get to my order...thanks Wink
maleemk

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:00:44 AM

could you guys leave baikal alone long enough for them to get to my order...thanks Wink
No worries, we can always wait for a group buy. You know what I meant to say Roll Eyes

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:02:53 AM

the site is so screwed up....sheesh

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:19:08 AM

the site is so screwed up....sheesh

Yep, for all weekend they had my account and someone in Japan mixed up. When I login all I got was the Japan persons personal info.
Now I cannot login at all, requires personal question which I don't recall setting up, and I tried to re-register but it sais my email is already used.
So, pretty screwed at this time.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:31:50 AM

With BTC at $1200 (BTC-e approx $1199, Coinbase approx $1216, Bitfinex approx $1224) the miner should cost 0.65 BTC, yet I have been hearing of prices upwards of 0.8 BTC mentioned.
Is the difference all shipping or are they using some other BTC price point???

Any word on what the group-buy pricing/discount is?
Last time, it was 10%, or enough to cover shipping costs.
isoneguy

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:56:38 AM

With BTC at $1200 (BTC-e approx $1199, Coinbase approx $1216, Bitfinex approx $1224) the miner should cost 0.65 BTC, yet I have been hearing of prices upwards of 0.8 BTC mentioned.
Is the difference all shipping or are they using some other BTC price point???

Any word on what the group-buy pricing/discount is?
Last time, it was 10%, or enough to cover shipping costs.

Do you even pay attention? This group buy was for a miner that has already shipped and is no longer in stock...

There's no group buy and no discount for the cube.

This thread should be locked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: