Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:51:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
plost24

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:02:14 AM

Loving the 2/3 escrow and milestones to have the funds released. This shows the guys behind PureVids mean business and it will be developed as advertised. I will be in for 75% of what I can afford..

If it was a normal escrow I dont think I would take the chance and invest but with the milestone structure its almost a guarantee this get built and finished otherwise the devs are left without the money.
I see so many ico's with escrow and all the devs need to complete to meet the escrow requirements is launch a coin and wallet which anyone with a few hundred dollars can acheave. Its not to say that this is 100% secured but its as secure as they come.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ToucheCoin

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:42:42 AM

Hello dev,
How much BTC raised so far?do you accept any other altcoin?
thanx
sweeeter

Activity: 242

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:30:59 PM

No white paper? Thinking people give a shit about watching movies online when we have netflix? Amateur hour up in this bitch!

Enjoy paying monthly fees to watch movies and tv thats already free on the internet dude. I'll stream my content for free and use that extra money I save investing in new altcoins.

I don't pay monthly fees because I use my brothers access. I would never download crap that has anything to do with crypto, who knows what it can have installed! Good luck with your investments as once you download movies you will soon lose your crypto coins hahaha

You dont get it do you. You wont need to download anything to use this service. Maybe you should go back and read the first dev post again before posting on the thread with inaccurate ramblings.

DEVS, please correct me if im wrong.

I don't much like your high almighty attitude fella. I get it very well now actually and it is stroking me up the right way I must say, unlike you of course.

Im not trying to be high and almighty. Im only attempting to have you go over the pitch again so you fully inderstand what's being offered.

And you did help me go back and re read so thank you. I now understand and it looks much better than I understood before.
titibach

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:59:32 PM

Loving the 2/3 escrow and milestones to have the funds released. This shows the guys behind PureVids mean business and it will be developed as advertised. I will be in for 75% of what I can afford..

If it was a normal escrow I dont think I would take the chance and invest but with the milestone structure its almost a guarantee this get built and finished otherwise the devs are left without the money.
I see so many ico's with escrow and all the devs need to complete to meet the escrow requirements is launch a coin and wallet which anyone with a few hundred dollars can acheave. Its not to say that this is 100% secured but its as secure as they come.

Not making the milestones of course makes me think what happens with the btcs? I mean lets say the coin goes live and first milestones are reached.
Devs get 50% of the ICO funds, but now something happens after the coin has had a little pump and many original ICO investors sold, probably at profit.
But 50% needs refunding to ICO investors, who gets the refund because the guys can go back and buy their original coins cheaper and get a refund?
I could be missing something and lets hope they want the remainding btc and it never comes to that.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:45:44 PM

I have a few alts I'd send in should they accept more than BTC.
You could always use shapeshift or exchange them to BTC.

Not making the milestones of course makes me think what happens with the btcs? I mean lets say the coin goes live and first milestones are reached.
Devs get 50% of the ICO funds, but now something happens after the coin has had a little pump and many original ICO investors sold, probably at profit.
But 50% needs refunding to ICO investors, who gets the refund because the guys can go back and buy their original coins cheaper and get a refund?
I could be missing something and lets hope they want the remainding btc and it never comes to that.
If there is a refund, everyone gets a refund. If the coin goes live upon reaching the minimum milestone (>50 BTC), the project will continue.

Lituation

Activity: 698

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:53:02 PM

No white paper? Thinking people give a shit about watching movies online when we have netflix? Amateur hour up in this bitch!

Enjoy paying monthly fees to watch movies and tv thats already free on the internet dude. I'll stream my content for free and use that extra money I save investing in new altcoins.

I don't pay monthly fees because I use my brothers access. I would never download crap that has anything to do with crypto, who knows what it can have installed! Good luck with your investments as once you download movies you will soon lose your crypto coins hahaha

You dont get it do you. You wont need to download anything to use this service. Maybe you should go back and read the first dev post again before posting on the thread with inaccurate ramblings.

I don't much like your high almighty attitude fella. I get it very well now actually and it is stroking me up the right way I must say, unlike you of course.

Im not trying to be high and almighty. Im only attempting to have you go over the pitch again so you fully inderstand what's being offered.

And you did help me go back and re read so thank you. I now understand and it looks much better than I understood before.

Glad to see s/he helped you. It is an interesting project and cant say wont be buying some vids for them bounty hunters. i do like my movies and watch them for free anyway just not the greatest quality and gets annnoying sometimes. looking forward to seeing what you have with your beta2 next week.
UnknownEye

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:54:08 PM

Glad to see s/he helped you. It is an interesting project and cant say wont be buying some vids for them bounty hunters. i do like my movies and watch them for free anyway just not the greatest quality and gets annnoying sometimes. looking forward to seeing what you have with your beta2 next week.

So you will have to pay to watch each movie in wallet?
Lituation

Activity: 698

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:04:00 PM

Please read the OP and you will see there is no in wallet movie maker. You will have nothing to download to watch movies and that is your short version. Here is slightly longer-- http://purevidz.net/info/intro
The-Accountant

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

Legendary.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:26:56 PM

No you will not. You will be able to make a bounty for your favorite film or series assuming it has not already been uploaded for you to watch. Soo lets say it hasn't and you want to watch a high quality version of batman, create a bounty with your vids for bounty hunters to upload that said film, once someone does then the vidz will be released to them. Hopefully the dev will chime in if I have misunderstood.I don't think there will be movies in wallet.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:13:31 PM

The site will be free for anyone to use and will not require any software, addons or wallets. From a user standpoint it will function the same as something like youtube where you can simply click anything you want and it will start playing in your browser within seconds.

Premium features can be unlocked using VIDZ coins which will include: no ads, custom site skins, VIP requests for new content, alerts when tracked media is available and much more.
Users may tip those adding content to the site to encourage them or place bounties on new releases to encourage it to be added to the site.
Those who submit or review new content are given a portion of the bounty placed to reward them for keeping the site updated and to ensure all releases are of the highest quality and stability.

The site funds itself through VIP memberships, advertisements (with strict advertisement guidelines), through referrals and through product partnerships to bring our services outside of the browser (android tv boxes being a fantastic example). Funds earned by the site are split between costs of hosting/development, the dev fund allocated for viral marketing campaigns and global bounties and the remainder is put towards organized coin buyback programs.

No you will not. You will be able to make a bounty for your favorite film or series assuming it has not already been uploaded for you to watch. Soo lets say it hasn't and you want to watch a high quality version of batman, create a bounty with your vids for bounty hunters to upload that said film, once someone does then the vidz will be released to them. Hopefully the dev will chime in if I have misunderstood.I don't think there will be movies in wallet.

Essentially correct yes. The wallet will be in no way required in order to watch or submit content for the website. That being said we are investigating various extended functionality for the wallet which users can optionally enable. This would be things such as optionally assigning a portion of your harddrive space and bandwidth to help seed torrents for the website in order to receive a small amount of coins. This would be an option for those who essentially wanted to 'mine' the coin in a more traditional way than a POS coin offers. I want to be clear that this is simply something we are testing and developing, I cannot guarantee it will be part of the initial release.

I haven't read anything after this post so appologies if i rehash some questions already answered.

Your strategy is to hide behind a database of different domains and route to whatever domain is available and haven't been taken down yet. I see this working as i beleive thats the technique TPB is using so kudos on that strategy. For your .onion solution for users in different countries, it sounds great on paper but have you tried browsing .onion sites using tor browser? Your lucky to get 56k speeds, goodluck streaming anything at those speeds.

This is all speculations but i see you guys having a LOT of legal problems. Most torrent sites are not user friendly. You won't find your local mom/pop downloading movies through torrents. You need some technical skills to get around downloading/installing a torrent client, browsing to a torrent site that won't shit all over your PC with ads and malware, download a torrent file with enough seeds to get it in a reasonable time, MAYBE even having to install a proper codec in order to view the video. That's a lot of work versus paying $9.95/m for a service like netflix ect... The Hollywood legal team don't care as much as they would if YOU become the pirate version of netflix. I can almost see them sitting at there offices waiting for you to release your first beta so they can slap you with your first legal case. All those average internet users can now EASILY view pirated content, goodluck staying open long enough to switch to the next domain lol.

I'm also curious to know what is your marketing strategy. How will people FIND your website? A thread on bitcointalk and an altcoin is cool but you need visitors to take advantage of ad revenue ect...

I'm aware the thread is getting a bit long to read through but for more detailed answers I might suggest taking a look through some of our other replies. I'd like to address some of your main concerns though.

.onion domains and TorBrowser speeds: The .onion domain will be a simplified way for users to access our database of content and our searching/tagging libraries. There is nothing stopping those users from using a traditional torrenting client once they grab the magnet link from our site. TorBrowser is considered a extreme backup for those who live in areas with extreme copyright or internet censorship laws.

Legal issues: There is nothing illegal about our site. We are offering links to indexed content the same as any search engine. While the past years have definitely shown that many countries (primarily the USA) does not care about laws and will still attempt to disrupt your service, none of the content on our site is copyright and nothing about our service breaks any laws. We will of course take every precaution to ensure the site cannot be interfered with or taken offline but it has been proven already that staying online amidst great political pressure is not an insurmountable issue.

Marketing strategy: We have many strategies planned.

Our first strategy involves bringing in as many contributors of existing torrent communities to convince them our site shows promise. When combined with the global bounty on all content submitted to our site during the beta period, it will be a 'no brainer' for them to add us to the list of sites which they submit their content to. The fact they are already releasing it to dozens of other sites benefits us greatly because it increases the reliability of these releases to ensure there will be active seeds all around the world while our site has time to grow its user base.

The second strategy involves attracting as much attention from the crypto community as possible. This means twitter and signature campaigns, press releases and generally letting users know about the coin, its features and uses and the site being developed. This is designed so that we will be able to jump start the economy of the site itself (placing bounties, testing the premium services, tipping, etc) as these users are already familiar with what cryptocurrencies are and how to use them.

The third major strategy boils down to viral marketing. Following the 1.0 release of the website (populated with content during the beta period!) we will be offering existing members of our community bounties to advertise the site in many ways. This includes facebook, twitter, youtube and forum posts advertising the service but also real world marketing including things such as bounties for printing off an approved flyer and posting it in their local community center of campus. Given the site will already be online and have tons of content from the beta period, these users will act as vectors for explosive growth in our user base.

We will of course be reaching out to various news websites, community forums and groups and writing press releases as part of each of those three strategies.
plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:30:19 PM

Did I miss something. Is this going to be a tor network site? I was under the assumption that this was at purevidz.net and not a ,onion site.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:50:56 PM

This looks like an awesome project. Reminds me of vTorrent but actually shows progress. Will follow!

What's Vtorrent, is it a competition coin because I looked for ones similar and couldn't find any. Not that the search on the forum is very useful to start with anyway.

Sorry for the noob question.

Nevermind man. I found the thread and am reading it now. If you can give me the tldr that would be great though because the whole thread is 141 pages long and im starting at 1.  Shocked

I just read the ann, well most of it and it looks like they have a torrent player in their wallet. This 's different because its just a streaming site and they still have to be tech savy to work vtorrent wheras vidz you only need to go to the site and click play.

I still need to read up so im sure this edit will be reedited a few times before the night is over.

Final edit.  Nevermind. I dont need to read the 140 pages. That coin has been active since 2014 and are still trying to get it right when Purevidz will have it right (hopefully) in the next beta.

VTorrent didn't have an ico, big difference imo
You're right. Its a monster difference. That could explain 2 years with barely any development but even with 2 years and no money im sure most good devs could have built something special. I hope this one hits its goal because with money everything happens faster. Do you mind if I ask you if your a vTorrent holder.

Sounds like an interesting project. How does it compare with TVAddons?

Will be interested to know how IP addresses logs and following the blockchain money thing will be worked out - you know, tracking users.

Comparing vTorrent to this project is not entirely easy.

For example, vTorrent is expected to have a BitTorrent integration, so it's not just for movies.  Books, music, open source software, etc.

The devs of vTorrent have said that the BitTorrent client was ready in Feb 2016. It's taken so long to work through other things like

* fake seeders that can destroy a system that rewards seeders
* protecting users from coins being stolen (first in-wallet 2FA was implemented recently)
* encryption of payments
* encryption of IP's
* encrypted group chat
* potentially a fully working market / classifieds for private trackers

Excuse my ignorance but what on earth if a fake seeder and how can they destroy pure vidz.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
Medow

Activity: 357

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:20:58 PM

Did I miss something. Is this going to be a tor network site? I was under the assumption that this was at purevidz.net and not a ,onion site.

No this won't be on the tor network if the whitepaper is something to go by. I mean not having to download anything then having to download tor kind of lets that down. Plus there will be no streaming on Tor with the connection speeds.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:36:59 PM

No it will not be a tor network site. For those in areas with very strict internet filtering we will offer a .onion domain so that they can still access an archive of our website and its magnet links. With that data they can still use whatever torrent client they prefer to download the torrents in a traditional manner. It's simply a fallback and is not intended as a main feature of our project.

Excuse my ignorance but what on earth if a fake seeder and how can they destroy pure vidz.

He is discussing issues with a different project, not ours.
imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:58:15 PM

No it will not be a tor network site. For those in areas with very strict internet filtering we will offer a .onion domain so that they can still access an archive of our website and its magnet links. With that data they can still use whatever torrent client they prefer to download the torrents in a traditional manner. It's simply a fallback and is not intended as a main feature of our project.

Can you explain what those problems are and why they wont effect pure vidz plz.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:19:02 PM

Can you explain what those problems are and why they wont effect pure vidz plz.

The two projects have entirely different goals. It would be like explaining why building a house doesn't have the same issues as building a car. Both can be complex projects with fantastic results but they are not particularly related to eachother.

We are building upon our work with WebTorrent to update how the world interacts with torrents and remove the need for shady streaming sites which are so reliant on file mirrors (which fail regularly). Our goals consist of open access to torrents without needing any applications or addons installed and without having to worry about if the file you're about to access is safe or broken or incorrectly labeled.

Their project involves a wallet with built in torrent tracker functionality, chatrooms and what amounts to mining consisting of seeding resources. My initial impression is that they are trying to create a crypto based program similar to kazaa or limewire (they specifically state those two applications in their OP). Users wanting or not wanting that to be a reality is up to the masses, not us. My concern is that it retains all the 'problems' of traditional file sharing programs by requiring a specific wallet application in order to be used. I'll leave my comparison at that as it would be easy to misconstrue my statements as trash talking potential competition. I feel there is room for both projects and feel that we are attempting to accomplish very different goals.
WillMitchell

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:21:34 PM

Is the new beta supposed to be released today?

Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:24:05 PM

Today marks the launch of the first Pure Vidz demo site.

Tech Demo: http://purevidz.net/info/moviepreview
Tech Details (new): http://purevidz.net/info/intro

We wanted to clarify why the first demo is so basic and offer insight into the second demo coming soon.

While we will not block users from submitting copyright materials to the site, we ourselves cannot do so for legal reasons. As such we are using the first demo to simply demonstrate streaming torrents in the browser without any downloads or addons being required. For these purposes we are using a public domain film with no current copyright - we are aware that this limited test will not feel very entertaining to users which is why we are committed to launching the second beta site no later than this weekend. The second demo site will allow users to submit torrents and metadata for content they wish featured on the site, review of submitted content to validate them, viewing approved content by tags, title, release date and more.

Demo 2 is where the site’s functionality and potential will truly shine, where Demo 1 is a rough tech-based demo to be compared against our technical whitepaper. For those who can’t wait and want a sneak peek...

The second demo will be made available to all users this weekend. The less issues we encounter in our internal tests the earlier in the weekend that release will be.
WillMitchell

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:30:30 PM

... we are committed to launching the second beta site no later than this weekend...

The second demo will be made available to all users this weekend. The less issues we encounter in our internal tests the earlier in the weekend that release will be.

Im so fucked up. I thought today was Friday and the weekend was here. Sorry.  Embarrassed
I knew it was this weekend and figured if it can be the weekend, why not on Friday night.
What sucks the most about this is this means I have another day of work ahead of me. Angry
Is it just me or does this week feel like it went by real slow.

psomas2

Activity: 304

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:09:49 PM

I have to say that the dev is really handling himself very professionally on this thread. So many other threads the devs would be cursing people or calling them stupid who ask legitimate questions or doubt the product but here he's very professional and has the good answers. Not only that but the ico only ends in January so its not like the dev is trying to make a Christmas scam and run off with the money. The more I read and think about this project the happier I am that I invested. Maybe I'll even invest a little more in the end fomo. 

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: