Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AmsterdamPimp

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:44:31 PM

just had a read of your site and i look forward to 'more coming soon' http://purevidz.net/info/intro this project is well worth keeping an eye on

Social Gambling Game ●
░▒ B2 | BitDouble.io ▒░
● THE MOST FUN TO WIN BITCOIN ●
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:14:28 PM

Joined purevidz twitter campaign sir........
sadasa

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:31:56 PM

just had a read of your site and i look forward to 'more coming soon' http://purevidz.net/info/intro this project is well worth keeping an eye on

That is interesting and well wrote out. What will be coming soon though? Marketing plans and budget?

As a start the site is clean and easy to navigate. It can only get better from here, i'll be watching a movie tonight with the wife and will spread the word.

Joined purevidz twitter campaign sir........

me too, time to make these vids.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MarkBM

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:29:20 PM

Today marks the launch of the first Pure Vidz demo site.

Tech Demo: http://purevidz.net/info/moviepreview
Tech Details (new): http://purevidz.net/info/intro

We wanted to clarify why the first demo is so basic and offer insight into the second demo coming soon.

While we will not block users from submitting copyright materials to the site, we ourselves cannot do so for legal reasons. As such we are using the first demo to simply demonstrate streaming torrents in the browser without any downloads or addons being required. For these purposes we are using a public domain film with no current copyright - we are aware that this limited test will not feel very entertaining to users which is why we are committed to launching the second beta site no later than this weekend. The second demo site will allow users to submit torrents and metadata for content they wish featured on the site, review of submitted content to validate them, viewing approved content by tags, title, release date and more.

Demo 2 is where the site’s functionality and potential will truly shine, where Demo 1 is a rough tech-based demo to be compared against our technical whitepaper. For those who can’t wait and want a sneak peek...

I have to say the video plays very quickly. If full site work this quickly it will be very popular. After clicking play I can watch within one second and have no buffering problem on my slow connection!

It took me a title longer to start, around 7-10 seconds i'd say and I have a fast good connection. How come we get different results even though im on a good connection. Is that because of where we are located geographically.
Huh

I can only think geography. I have 5 mb dsl so many stream sites are very slow for me. I find that it plays 1-2 seconds after saying buffering, very fast! With it being peer2peer I would think as more join it will help your country load faster.

Do you mind telling me where you're located. Im in san bernardino Cali right now and running on fast internet, dont know how fast though.

For me it started instantly. I clicked play and quicker then I can blink my eye it was playing and not laggy at all which normally it is.
Spandam

Activity: 127

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:40:22 PM

Loving the 2/3 escrow and milestones to have the funds released. This shows the guys behind PureVids mean business and it will be developed as advertised. I will be in for 75% of what I can afford..

Giveaways, Gambling, Gaming, the three g's that make me G's, hell yeah O-o
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:12:32 PM

Loving the 2/3 escrow and milestones to have the funds released. This shows the guys behind PureVids mean business and it will be developed as advertised. I will be in for 75% of what I can afford..

That is actually a nice touch compared to these shitbags who raise the full amount and then take ages to develop anything.

No promise of investment but I am looking closer into this project and I must say it looks like a big opportunity.

You don't pay enough.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:22:41 PM

This looks like an awesome project. Reminds me of vTorrent but actually shows progress. Will follow!

What's Vtorrent, is it a competition coin because I looked for ones similar and couldn't find any. Not that the search on the forum is very useful to start with anyway.

Sorry for the noob question.

Nevermind man. I found the thread and am reading it now. If you can give me the tldr that would be great though because the whole thread is 141 pages long and im starting at 1.  Shocked

I just read the ann, well most of it and it looks like they have a torrent player in their wallet. This 's different because its just a streaming site and they still have to be tech savy to work vtorrent wheras vidz you only need to go to the site and click play.

I still need to read up so im sure this edit will be reedited a few times before the night is over.

Final edit.  Nevermind. I dont need to read the 140 pages. That coin has been active since 2014 and are still trying to get it right when Purevidz will have it right (hopefully) in the next beta.

VTorrent didn't have an ico, big difference imo
You're right. Its a monster difference. That could explain 2 years with barely any development but even with 2 years and no money im sure most good devs could have built something special. I hope this one hits its goal because with money everything happens faster. Do you mind if I ask you if your a vTorrent holder.

Sounds like an interesting project. How does it compare with TVAddons?

Will be interested to know how IP addresses logs and following the blockchain money thing will be worked out - you know, tracking users.

Comparing vTorrent to this project is not entirely easy.

For example, vTorrent is expected to have a BitTorrent integration, so it's not just for movies.  Books, music, open source software, etc.

The devs of vTorrent have said that the BitTorrent client was ready in Feb 2016. It's taken so long to work through other things like

* fake seeders that can destroy a system that rewards seeders
* protecting users from coins being stolen (first in-wallet 2FA was implemented recently)
* encryption of payments
* encryption of IP's
* encrypted group chat
* potentially a fully working market / classifieds for private trackers

Pure_Vidz (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:59:42 PM

Sounds like an interesting project. How does it compare with TVAddons?

TVAddons that I know about is a site listing and hosting KODI addons rather than a streaming or torrenting service. With the release of our public API (as listed in the dev timeline) we will be looking to engage developers working on KODI and other devices to include our site with the possibility of partnering with android tv merchants to market set-top boxes using our site as a preconfigured option.

The comparison between vTorrent and PureVidz is not unexpected but as you say can be hard to draw parallels.

As per their thread, they are looking to re-create the days of Kaza They are looking to re-create the days of kazaa or limewire where users access torrents through a downloaded client with the search engine and file tags being decentralized through that application. I am not going to pass judgement having not been involved in their project but the only real difference between what they are describing and what is offered by dozens of applications or websites for a decade or more is rewarding people for submitting and seeding content. While we strongly believe rewarding users for participating in building and maintaining our site's content is necessary and useful, I do not see it as some grand breakthrough that dismisses the inconvenience and mistrust users have for torrents and I don't believe it alone is enough to push users away from their favorite torrenting sites or applications.

Purevidz is designed completely around simplicity. The end user should need no addons or 3rd party applications and it should simply 'work'. I would prefer to refrain from 'trashtalking' other projects so I will simply leave it at that one comparison, our site does not require any knowledge of torrenting or blockchain technology in order to be used and enjoyed. It should feel for the user no different than how they already interact with youtube or any traditional streaming service.

Will be interested to know how IP addresses logs and following the blockchain money thing will be worked out - you know, tracking users.

To ensure the safety and anonymity of our users, our website will not record any logs more than are required to function and troubleshoot the site. Our site will contain a section specifying exactly what data is recorded, our policies on how long records are maintained for and our policies on who has access to that data. The most simplistic description of those policies will be:  no user-specific data will be recorded, any logs will be purged within 30 days and will not be accessible through any external network connections and not made available to any 3rd parties.

When dealing with user accounts we will of course offer standard security features including but not limited to site wide SSL, 2FA and passwords and emails being salted and hashed to avoid any personal data being accessible by site staff. We will have a separate mailing list which users can opt into which will give us permission to store a readable copy of your email address for use in promotions, a similar privacy policy will be placed on this database and will be viewable when opting into that service.

Because torrents available through our website will function just as well on traditional torrent sites, tracking individual user seeds is not necessary. Instead we simply need to know who submitted the original torrent and moderators must review a torrent to ensure it has a healthy existing seed count and is properly tagged before approving it for use in our site. For anyone with experience in torrenting, having them available across as many sites as possible is a good thing for the health of the network.
AeonFlux

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:21:58 AM

You say I can add new movie to site after saturday? What format do submissions need to be? I have some movies I will try adding.
WhyThisICOSucks

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:37:44 AM

Attempting to build an illegal business off of piracy (profit on other people's work). On top of being illegal, this is incredibly shitty to do. Movies and shows that people love are extremely expensive. If you want to enjoy their product, you can cough up the couple bucks a month a Netflix or HBO account costs.

Are people really that stupid that they would trust a pirate with their money? Thankfully it appears not many based on the ICO address.

To sum it up: Not going to bother with a longer review seeing as how little information is provided in their OP, and how straightforward it is: investing in illegal businesses will never end well.
trbutjk

Activity: 323

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:40:56 AM

Joined purevidz twitter campaign dev

Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:31:11 AM

Interesting I just hope the copyright violations don't get the site shut down.  So when someone requests a video they put a bounty up and then the person gets them the video, after that can only that person who put the bounty up download or can anyone; like does it become part of a searchable database?
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:47:48 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 03:01:36 AM by Pure_Vidz

Attempting to build an illegal business off of piracy (profit on other people's work). On top of being illegal, this is incredibly shitty to do. Movies and shows that people love are extremely expensive. If you want to enjoy their product, you can cough up the couple bucks a month a Netflix or HBO account costs.

Are people really that stupid that they would trust a pirate with their money? Thankfully it appears not many based on the ICO address.

To sum it up: Not going to bother with a longer review seeing as how little information is provided in their OP, and how straightforward it is: investing in illegal businesses will never end well.

You are welcome to your opinion and your own take on current events. We encourage all potential investors to do their research before making any decisions regarding our project.

We believe in the freedom of information and that traditional media has done the public a disservice in refusing to update their business model and evolve to reflect changing technology. Services such as Netflix and Hulu are a great step forward but are absolutely unusable in many areas of the world due to ridiculous licensing issues. Compare the selection of netflix inside the US to other areas of the world and the differences are astounding. This is before even taking into account the different economic conditions between countries.

Our site and our business model does not break any copyright laws in our country and while certain areas of the world may choose to argue that point, we are not hosting anything which is copyright but rather links that allow users to retrieve information on the content they are looking for. We have the ability to address the 2 biggest issues with traditional torrent sites. Number one, it simplifies the process requiring no third party software, extensions or custom browser addons. Number two, you do not have to dig through dozens or hundreds of results to find what you are looking for or require any special knowledge to ensure you are not exposed to malicious content.  We also solve the biggest issue with traditional streaming sites in that content linked from our website is decentralized and has no single point of failure.

Whatever the legal status of torrents in your area and whatever your moral stance on copyright law and traditional media is, it is undeniable that what our project looks to provide holds not only promise, but monetary value for investors. I would strongly encourage testing our second demo site as it goes live this weekend and doing research on similar services. Anyone who regularly uses stream or torrent sites will be able to see at a glance the power of what we are doing with this project.

Interesting I just hope the copyright violations don't get the site shut down.  So when someone requests a video they put a bounty up and then the person gets them the video, after that can only that person who put the bounty up download or can anyone; like does it become part of a searchable database?

When someone submits an item to the site, they are simply providing a magnet link (a hash used for torrent clients) and some simple metadata (movie title for example) so our site can begin to categorize the item. Approved members of the site must then approve that release simply by saying "yes, it is what they said it is" and verifying that the torrent has enough people seeding it. At that point our site will scrape the internet for extended information about that release. This includes things such as genre tags, ratings, synopsis, posters and more. It uses that data to build a comprehensive database on that release so when users search the site or are watching something else, it can make relevant recommendations for other movies/shows they may wish to watch.

It's worth re-starting that there is no copyright content being stored on our servers or being used by our site. When a user requests a torrent, we simply provide them with the magnet link for the torrent and they can connect to other peers to download the file itself. This is all done within the browser leveraging Javascript, WebRTC and WebTorrent.

You say I can add new movie to site after saturday? What format do submissions need to be? I have some movies I will try adding.

Yes, submission of new content will be enabled in the second demo. In order to be approved for the site, torrents must contain a .mp4 file with h.264 video encoding and AAC or MP3 audio encoding. This is to ensure that it will be compatible across all browsers which support html5 and wont ever need extra software.

We strongly recommend anything submitted to the site be from an existing torrent site to ensure it will have already been spread among many users. This will ensure quicker load speeds for those testing the site and provide redundancy for the system. As our service launches and grows in popularity this will become less relevant.
CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:48:12 AM

ok so after reading a bit more about pure vidz i'm a little concerned about a few point:

1. What makes you different from any of the other torrent sites from getting shut down? Will PureVidz have their own tracker hosting torrent files? Because your project makes the SHARING of videos decentralized but you are still prone to getting shut down like other torrent trackers have.

2. The whole point of this project is to have a place to people to share videos WITHOUT all the ads and click bait most sites have. If this project brings in a lot of traffic which is possible, how do we know you won't plaster ads all over the website like every other site you're trying to differentiate from.

I have more questions but i'll leave you with these two for now.

1. Most torrent sites these days are quite resilient in how they run things. From a technology standpoint much of what we do will be similar but we have the advantage of seeing the past decade of legal battles and learning from them in our initial approach. Here's some key important factors

-Primary domain will be a portal routing to whatever server/domain is in use for the site allowing us to move it around as needed without impacting users.
-Users in countries with harsh filtering policies can use .onion domain through tor to access the services regardless of their local policies.
-The site itself will NOT host the database but rather remotely connect to one of the database servers. These will be spread across multiple servers in countries with rather lax copyright laws such as Sweden, Russia and the Netherlands.

In short we will lessen our risks by hosting absolutely NO content on the site. No database, no images, no .torrent files, nothing. It will simply be a stylized portal with heavy caching of user requests to reduce database load and improve speeds. We will reinforce our redundancy through multiple database backups spread across friendly countries and by having numerous fallback domains in the case of one or more being seized. For those more technically inclined or those living in countries with very strict internet censorship they can access the .onion domain to ensure global access to the site and its data.

2. Our site will certainly have advertisements but our guidelines for what we allow to be advertised and the placement of those ads will be of very high importance to the long term success of the site. Our primary focus will be on user centered advertisements. At the start this will mostly boil down to the following

-VPN referral links: Everyone using torrents should be using a VPN if they are in a country with strict copyright laws. Our site will contain a comprehensive overview of what the site does and does not track and how to protect themselves. These ads will be featured prominently on the site as a simple static banner (no pop up/under, no video, sound or animation). The goal of these ads and sections of the website are to ensure our users are informed and at the same time provide revenue for the site.

-Relevant physical merchandise links: This is a broad category but could be anything from purchasing boxed sets of shows you are currently watching to buying an android TV box from a partnered site. This will become more and more relevant as the site grows. One of the main goals of our API is to extend the site beyond browsers and into the livingroom. If trusted merchants are selling preconfigured android tv boxes for the site, it only makes sense for them to advertise with us to sell them.

Now, I know your question was how you know we wont change our policies but I wanted to first list what our policies and goals ARE. Obviously there is many more ways the site can (and will) be monetized but we are building this site because there is a real need for it and its the sort of site we feel should have existed for years now. Obviously if the site needs to find a way to survive we will find ways to make that happen by pivoting to a different monetization strategy to ensure that the site stays online and that investors are able to be rewarded. We very strongly feel that plastering the sites with ads would cause much more harm than good and would be a horrendous strategy for the site to monetize, even in the short term.

We need more information on how pure vidz plans to make money.

Most of your question has been answered in my reply to CAMOPEJB but here's a very shortened version of how the site, its contributors and its investors can expect to profit. Note: We are running the math and checking through our financial whitepaper to make sure it gets posted with hard numbers for investors to review. That will be expected when Beta 2 of the site launches.

How does the site earn

-Advertisements
-Referral services
-Merchant partners for android TV devices featuring the site
-Featured site media
-Premium membership fees

How do investors earn?

-Trading based on the value of the coin
-Coins burned through site mechanisms (equates to same earnings as a profit share)
-Buyback programs funded by a fixed percentage of all site revenue

How to contributors earn?
-Filling bounties for new content
-Participating in viral marketing campaigns
-Reviewing submitted content (must be moderator)
-Developing applications and sites using the site's API

I haven't read anything after this post so appologies if i rehash some questions already answered.

Your strategy is to hide behind a database of different domains and route to whatever domain is available and haven't been taken down yet. I see this working as i beleive thats the technique TPB is using so kudos on that strategy. For your .onion solution for users in different countries, it sounds great on paper but have you tried browsing .onion sites using tor browser? Your lucky to get 56k speeds, goodluck streaming anything at those speeds.

This is all speculations but i see you guys having a LOT of legal problems. Most torrent sites are not user friendly. You won't find your local mom/pop downloading movies through torrents. You need some technical skills to get around downloading/installing a torrent client, browsing to a torrent site that won't shit all over your PC with ads and malware, download a torrent file with enough seeds to get it in a reasonable time, MAYBE even having to install a proper codec in order to view the video. That's a lot of work versus paying $9.95/m for a service like netflix ect... The Hollywood legal team don't care as much as they would if YOU become the pirate version of netflix. I can almost see them sitting at there offices waiting for you to release your first beta so they can slap you with your first legal case. All those average internet users can now EASILY view pirated content, goodluck staying open long enough to switch to the next domain lol.

I'm also curious to know what is your marketing strategy. How will people FIND your website? A thread on bitcointalk and an altcoin is cool but you need visitors to take advantage of ad revenue ect...
CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:52:13 AM

Maybe this is the future we'll have to deal with? Grin Grin Grin
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:53:55 AM

So what happens in the case that you don't pull much in the ICO? Let's say you hit a cap of 3 BTC. What happens to the project?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:24:42 AM

So what happens in the case that you don't pull much in the ICO? Let's say you hit a cap of 3 BTC. What happens to the project?
I think dev mentioned 50 BTC minimum, or refund all investors.

Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:14:10 AM

I can personally promise you it will be over 3 btc because right now it's already at 2.75 and I'll be investing at least 2 btc before its over.
Will it reach the 50 btc goal is a whole other question.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:22:14 AM

I think dev mentioned 50 BTC minimum, or refund all investors.

This is correct. If we do a refund the project won't entirely die per se but we wouldn't be able to focus our resources specifically time into development the platform at the pace we'd like.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:28:18 AM

No white paper? Thinking people give a shit about watching movies online when we have netflix? Amateur hour up in this bitch!

Enjoy paying monthly fees to watch movies and tv thats already free on the internet dude. I'll stream my content for free and use that extra money I save investing in new altcoins.

I don't pay monthly fees because I use my brothers access. I would never download crap that has anything to do with crypto, who knows what it can have installed! Good luck with your investments as once you download movies you will soon lose your crypto coins hahaha

You dont get it do you. You wont need to download anything to use this service. Maybe you should go back and read the first dev post again before posting on the thread with inaccurate ramblings.

DEVS, please correct me if im wrong.

I don't much like your high almighty attitude fella. I get it very well now actually and it is stroking me up the right way I must say, unlike you of course.

Im not trying to be high and almighty. Im only attempting to have you go over the pitch again so you fully inderstand what's being offered.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: