Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 12:33:36 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Just wondering but is it possible to replace the 'Please give the video a moment to buffer" with something like "Thanks for watching at Pure Vidz"  I ask because the movie is up and running but it still says it needs the moments for buffering. Besides for that good job so far dev.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:02:53 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2016, 01:14:10 AM by Pure_Vidz

Just wondering but is it possible to replace the 'Please give the video a moment to buffer" with something like "Thanks for watching at Pure Vidz"  I ask because the movie is up and running but it still says it needs the moments for buffering. Besides for that good job so far dev.

The initial video player is a temporary one and will not be used in the second demo or the final release. That player is intended simply to show the technology of the site in action and to give something for potential investors to look at while we put the finishing touches on the second demo which will be available this weekend. Our second demo will unlock many new features including submitting new content for the site, searching by title/tags/genre and watching in a much more stylish video player.

Here are the screenshots of the second demo site - keep in mind this is representative of a work in progress and it may be changed.

AeonFlux

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:08:45 AM

Today marks the launch of the first Pure Vidz demo site.

Tech Demo: http://purevidz.net/info/moviepreview
Tech Details (new): http://purevidz.net/info/intro

We wanted to clarify why the first demo is so basic and offer insight into the second demo coming soon.

While we will not block users from submitting copyright materials to the site, we ourselves cannot do so for legal reasons. As such we are using the first demo to simply demonstrate streaming torrents in the browser without any downloads or addons being required. For these purposes we are using a public domain film with no current copyright - we are aware that this limited test will not feel very entertaining to users which is why we are committed to launching the second beta site no later than this weekend. The second demo site will allow users to submit torrents and metadata for content they wish featured on the site, review of submitted content to validate them, viewing approved content by tags, title, release date and more.

Demo 2 is where the site’s functionality and potential will truly shine, where Demo 1 is a rough tech-based demo to be compared against our technical whitepaper. For those who can’t wait and want a sneak peek...

https://i.imgur.com/9ZcAo5y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NPsSS8q.jpg

I have to say the video plays very quickly. If full site work this quickly it will be very popular. After clicking play I can watch within one second and have no buffering problem on my slow connection!
WillMitchell

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:09:45 AM

Just wondering but is it possible to replace the 'Please give the video a moment to buffer" with something like "Thanks for watching at Pure Vidz"  I ask because the movie is up and running but it still says it needs the moments for buffering. Besides for that good job so far dev.

The initial video player is a temporary one and will not be used in the second demo or the final release. That player is intended simply to show the technology of the site in action and to give something for potential investors to look at while we put the finishing touches on the second demo which will be available this weekend. Our second demo will unlock many new features including submitting new content for the site, searching by title/tags/genre and watching in a much more stylish video player.

Here are the screenshots of the second demo site - keep in mind this is representative of a work in progress and it may be changed.

Just showing some pictures wont suffice. Is it guaranteed that the next demo will look like that?

Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:32:56 AM

Just showing some pictures wont suffice. Is it guaranteed that the next demo will look like that?

Short answer is the second demo will look and function better than what is demonstrated in those screenshots. The next few days are about writing and testing all of the functionality to make sure the second demo will work across all situations. It's worth mentioning those are not photoshop mock ups, they are the current functional version of the site.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 02:33:22 AM

... could you please tell me how much has been invested so far.

You can always check here: https://blockchain.info/address/351QpGDfzEW2H51tCCDn6qvUPfZZnTGuSg

Id just put him on ignore if I was you dabs.

I don't put anyone on ignore. But I don't reply to everything or everyone.

DU30

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

I trade and Gemini and you should too.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:13:43 AM

We wanted to clarify why the first demo is so basic and offer insight into the second demo coming soon.

While we will not block users from submitting copyright materials to the site, we ourselves cannot do so for legal reasons. As such we are using the first demo to simply demonstrate streaming torrents in the browser without any downloads or addons being required. For these purposes we are using a public domain film with no current copyright - we are aware that this limited test will not feel very entertaining to users which is why we are committed to launching the second beta site no later than this weekend. The second demo site will allow users to submit torrents and metadata for content they wish featured on the site, review of submitted content to validate them, viewing approved content by tags, title, release date and more.

Demo 2 is where the site’s functionality and potential will truly shine, where Demo 1 is a rough tech-based demo to be compared against our technical whitepaper. For those who can’t wait and want a sneak peek...

I have to say the video plays very quickly. If full site work this quickly it will be very popular. After clicking play I can watch within one second and have no buffering problem on my slow connection!

It took me a title longer to start, around 7-10 seconds i'd say and I have a fast good connection. How come we get different results even though im on a good connection. Is that because of where we are located geographically.
Huh
AeonFlux

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:18:05 AM

https://i.imgur.com/9ZcAo5y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NPsSS8q.jpg

It took me a title longer to start, around 7-10 seconds i'd say and I have a fast good connection. How come we get different results even though im on a good connection. Is that because of where we are located geographically.
Huh

I can only think geography. I have 5 mb dsl so many stream sites are very slow for me. I find that it plays 1-2 seconds after saying buffering, very fast! With it being peer2peer I would think as more join it will help your country load faster.
DU30

Activity: 294

I trade and Gemini and you should too.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:21:55 AM

Huh

I can only think geography. I have 5 mb dsl so many stream sites are very slow for me. I find that it plays 1-2 seconds after saying buffering, very fast! With it being peer2peer I would think as more join it will help your country load faster.

Do you mind telling me where you're located. Im in san bernardino Cali right now and running on fast internet, dont know how fast though.
Corvette08

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:32:23 AM

That movie was so short. lol. I was getting into it and then it ended.  Sad
Anyway
I hope PV will get full length feature films starting this weekend on the beta2 site so I can start watching some of the new stuff I've missed lately.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:57:37 AM

This looks like an awesome project. Reminds me of vTorrent but actually shows progress. Will follow!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Corvette08

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:03:39 AM

This looks like an awesome project. Reminds me of vTorrent but actually shows progress. Will follow!

What's Vtorrent, is it a competition coin because I looked for ones similar and couldn't find any. Not that the search on the forum is very useful to start with anyway.

Sorry for the noob question.

Nevermind man. I found the thread and am reading it now. If you can give me the tldr that would be great though because the whole thread is 141 pages long and im starting at 1.  Shocked

I just read the ann, well most of it and it looks like they have a torrent player in their wallet. This 's different because its just a streaming site and they still have to be tech savy to work vtorrent wheras vidz you only need to go to the site and click play.

I still need to read up so im sure this edit will be reedited a few times before the night is over.

Final edit.  Nevermind. I dont need to read the 140 pages. That coin has been active since 2014 and are still trying to get it right when Purevidz will have it right (hopefully) in the next beta.

imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:32:11 AM

I totally agree. It looks like a fantastic project with lots of upside potential but that vTorrent tho. That's an oldie and not a goodie. It was poised to do well back in the day but then people realized that in-wallet anything wasn't gonna cut it.  Nobody wants to work from their wallet and when it comes to watching movies and tv shows no one wants to download anything , least of all a altcoin wallet.
If the devs pull this off and I have little doubt that they will it could change the way people watch stuff on the internet. Not in a month but over time. The bounty system for content is genius too. Im gonna wait for the end to invest tho because I want to see how much gets invested b4 me so I have a good idea of what my btc will get me. I might even throw one BTC in tonight or tomorrow just so the next 3.5 weeks aren't so boring. Smiley

Salute.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:35:03 AM

What's Vtorrent, is it a competition coin because I looked for ones similar and couldn't find any. Not that the search on the forum is very useful to start with anyway.

Nevermind man. I found the thread and am reading it now. If you can give me the tldr that would be great though because the whole thread is 141 pages long and im starting at 1.  Shocked

I just read the ann, well most of it and it looks like they have a torrent player in their wallet. This 's different because its just a streaming site and they still have to be tech savy to work vtorrent wheras vidz you only need to go to the site and click play.

I still need to read up so im sure this edit will be reedited a few times before the night is over.

Final edit.  Nevermind. I dont need to read the 140 pages. That coin has been active since 2014 and are still trying to get it right when Purevidz will have it right (hopefully) in the next beta.

VTorrent didn't have an ico, big difference imo
imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:39:26 AM

VTorrent didn't have an ico, big difference imo
You're right. Its a monster difference. That could explain 2 years with barely any development but even with 2 years and no money im sure most good devs could have built something special. I hope this one hits its goal because with money everything happens faster. Do you mind if I ask you if your a vTorrent holder.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
Corvette08

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:40:33 AM

Yeah vT is not on the same pages as PV. Im looking for other coins like PV but I cant find one. Is this really a first of its kind or has it been done before and maybe failed for whatever reason. Anyone got the answers for me and my 08 corvette. Vrooom vrooom. Sorry. Gettin a little drunk now.  Wink
Ankara
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 11:17:43 AM

Yeah vT is not on the same pages as PV. Im looking for other coins like PV but I cant find one. Is this really a first of its kind or has it been done before and maybe failed for whatever reason. Anyone got the answers for me and my 08 corvette. Vrooom vrooom. Sorry. Gettin a little drunk now.  Wink

Well don't go driving now!!

I have yet to see anything like PureVids in my research. I am liking what i see here and the beta1 even as a starting point is very clean and on atleast par with most streaming sites. Good job dev team you have my attention!!
sweeeter

Activity: 242

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 12:26:59 PM

No white paper? Thinking people give a shit about watching movies online when we have netflix? Amateur hour up in this bitch!

Enjoy paying monthly fees to watch movies and tv thats already free on the internet dude. I'll stream my content for free and use that extra money I save investing in new altcoins.

I don't pay monthly fees because I use my brothers access. I would never download crap that has anything to do with crypto, who knows what it can have installed! Good luck with your investments as once you download movies you will soon lose your crypto coins hahaha

You dont get it do you. You wont need to download anything to use this service. Maybe you should go back and read the first dev post again before posting on the thread with inaccurate ramblings.

DEVS, please correct me if im wrong.

I don't much like your high almighty attitude fella. I get it very well now actually and it is stroking me up the right way I must say, unlike you of course.
Ankara
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 12:40:32 PM

No white paper? Thinking people give a shit about watching movies online when we have netflix? Amateur hour up in this bitch!

Enjoy paying monthly fees to watch movies and tv thats already free on the internet dude. I'll stream my content for free and use that extra money I save investing in new altcoins.

I don't pay monthly fees because I use my brothers access. I would never download crap that has anything to do with crypto, who knows what it can have installed! Good luck with your investments as once you download movies you will soon lose your crypto coins hahaha

You dont get it do you. You wont need to download anything to use this service. Maybe you should go back and read the first dev post again before posting on the thread with inaccurate ramblings.

I don't much like your high almighty attitude fella. I get it very well now actually and it is stroking me up the right way I must say, unlike you of course.

He was trying to help you in the fact he did because now you know it is very clear there will be no downloading to watch movies etc.
sweeeter

Activity: 242

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 12:50:07 PM

He was trying to help you in the fact he did because now you know it is very clear there will be no downloading to watch movies etc.

Yes and I'm thankful, will there need to be a wallet downloaded or is it going to be on the site/web?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: