Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323658 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DU30

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

I trade and Gemini and you should too.

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:08:26 PM

Why an earth this wouldn't be a scam?

2 escrows and a release of btc as goals are met. How can you see it as a scam when its offering so much protection. That's what id like to know.

I see your new here so let me fill you in on a little secret. Dont make the case for the devs, the less amount of people who invest = a better take for those who do invest.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:29:47 PM

It seems like you have a pretty solid plan for going forward but why do we have to wait for the next whitepapers and the demos as you call them. Why cant we see it all now and start using the site already.

There's a couple reasons for that.

We've built a fully working site internally for testing but a development site is not necessarily something you want users to have access to. We need to make sure it is stable, efficient and user friendly not to mention secure. The first public beta site will be available in the very near future. At the same time that site goes live with some public domain media for users to test the technology with, we will be posting our technology whitepaper detailing how the site and coin function, our plans for how the site will scale and how we plan to keep the site secure in the case of any attempts to take it offline.

By launching those two at the same time it will let people have something to get their hands on and try to prove we can do what we say we can and those who are technologically inclined can verify that the site will be usable at the scope we describe.

The second demo site is what we are working on now which expands the base site functionality with things such as submitting new media, the initial bounty system, searching, tagging, scraping sites such as themoviedb for descriptions and much more. This is where efficient scaling needs to be carefully considered because what works with 1,000 users does not necessarily function under the load of 10,000,000. At the same time this site is released we look to offer our financial whitepaper to give much more specifics of how the ecosystem will function. We've been active in the thread describing in layman's terms how everything will work but investors will obviously require a much more in-depth and precise document showing how coins are exchanged, burned and earned.

It's worth noting that the second demo site will have a global (very small) bounty on all media submitted so everything that is submitted during that phase will be rewarded after the ico ends. It offers us a chance to onboard members of existing torrent communities and get their feedback so any necessary adjustments to the site can be made before its final 1.0 launch.

Do you have an eta on when demo 2 will be available for testing?

Beta 1 will be up within the next 2 days at most. Beta 2 will be reliant on user feedback and testing. Our goal is Beta 2 will be online a week after Beta 1.

The core difference between Beta1 and Beta2 is that we will be allowing users to start submitting new content for the site. For that to work we need to first write the shell of the bounty system to handle submitting and reviewing new media, account permissions and of course tracking who released what so they can receive their bounties after the ICO ends. The search, rating and tagging systems are already in our internal version of the site but will also need full testing when moved into the new structure of the website. During this period it is worth mentioning that submissions will be set to invite + investors only to avoid the site being spammed with fake content. We will likely hand out invites to people from the thread who want to validate functionality as well but they are intended to start onboarding existing release groups from other torrent sites to get them familiar with our systems.
imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:13:53 PM

Why an earth this wouldn't be a scam?

What makes you think it's a scam? The dev seems to know what hes talking about.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:24:54 PM

http://purevidz.net
Crowdfunding ends Jan. 6th 2017
Read more at http://purevidz.net/info/intro
Please follow us on Twitter: @PureVidz

Token Specifications - VIDZ

Supply: 125,000,000 VIDZ
Block time: 1 minute
Algorithm: Proof Of Stake
Development Fund: 25.000.000 VIDZ (2,000,000 VIDZ for escrows)

What is Pure Vidz?

Pure Vidz is a video streaming protocol modeled after the successful platform known as Youtube however, built upon and around the decentralized platform that is Torrents. Pure Vidz utilizes Web Torrent technology to deliver an immersive viewing experience allowing us to provide you with a variety of content such as TV Shows, Movies and even personal videos without us or you needing to worry about the legal ramifications of hosting or viewing said content or worry about downloading a virus that can cause a lots of problems. Due to the nature of Torrents, Pure Vidz actually does not host any videos directly on its platform but rather provides a well refined index of tags, playlists and user profiles making it easy to upload or view whatever it is you desire.

Since anyone can make a torrent, it’s very easy to turn Pure Vidz into your own personal site for managing video blogs or custom entertainment content as so many Youtubers do today in modern day society. Unlike Youtube, you won’t have to worry about your videos randomly being taken down as personally uploaded videos are distributed throughout the torrent network.

Pure Vidz through use of its decentralized torrent network solves problems such as the many free movie or tv show websites that require you to click through 100 mirrors only to realize the majority of them are broken links and were taken down due to DMCA take downs. At Pure Vidz you won’t have to worry about this because there is no true one host for the video files since they exist on a distributed torrent network of people seeding the files. Unlike traditional streaming websites where quality degrades with more people watching due to server bandwidth consumption, at Pure Vidz it’s the complete opposite and built to scale where the more people watching a video will actually improve loading times to will be faster due to the number of seeders increasing!

What is the purpose of VIDZ?

By purchasing VIDZ you will be helping build this platform. As a crowdfunding investor, you are entitled to participate in the profit share of our platform as you are the ones who helped fund and support it. Once the distribution of VIDZ via early contributors to the platform has been completed, a part of our profits will be allocated towards doing a bi-weekly buy-back. VIDZ will also be used in various aspects of our platform to unlock premium content, tools and features.

Team

Due to the fact that Pure Vidz heavily utilizes torrents to circumvent censorship and to promote decentralization it’s likely that with increased popularity Pure Vidz will be under siege the way that popular sites such as The Pirate Bay constantly are despite our model being entirely legal. To avoid this, we’re forced to remain anonymous.

We’re aware the anonymity is often a red-flag typically for developers in crypto, however since we are forced to do this to protect ourselves, we will do our best to maintain transparency through means such as escrow, multi-signature wallets and public addresses.

Crowdfund & Escrow Process

Our crowdfund will be escrowed using a 2-of-3 multi-signature address.
Please do not send funds directly to this address!
https://blockchain.info/address/351QpGDfzEW2H51tCCDn6qvUPfZZnTGuSg

The 3 key holders will be ourselves, Dabs a staff member of the forums and SebastianJu a well established escrow.

Disclaimer: Every user will have a unique deposit address automatically generated by the PureVidz team to automate accounting of funds. After funds are deposited to this address and a sufficient amount of confirmations are met (3) the user will be credited that amount to their account. Funds on user addresses will be moved in batches to the escrow address. The escrows can only be held responsible for the funds held by the escrow address. This funding process is no different than typical modern crowdfunds conducted such as Waves.

Both escrows will be receiving 1,000,000 VIDZ from the development fund released in batches matching how the funds raised from the crowdfund are released to us.

Verification Post for Dabs: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1696889.msg17024312#msg17024312
Verification Post for SebastianJu: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1696889.msg17052974#msg17052974

The terms we have agreed to with Dabs are:
Under 200 BTC: 1%
200 - 300 BTC: 2%
300 - 400 BTC: 3%
500+ BTC: 4%

The terms we have agreed to set by SebastianJu are:
$500,001+ USD: 0.5%
$50,001 - $500,000 USD: 1%
$10,001 - $50,000 USD: 2%
$1,001 - $10,000 USD: 3%
$101 - $1,000 USD: 5%
Under $100 USD: 10%
Minimum escrow fee of 1 BTC. USD value is determined at the end of the sale.

We want to assure investors we are committed to working on this project through thick and thin. As such, we have set certain goals for which much be reached before the release of funding. We will not be receiving the entirety of funds from escrows at the end of the crowdfunding!

Release of funding will go as follows after the escrows are paid:
10% following the conclusion of the crowdfunding after all funds are accounted for
10% after the launch of our initial coin network
30% after the release of our website with core functionality
  • Account Management
  • Media / Video Management
  • Searching by title, tags, genres
25% after the first major update to our website
  • Auto-populating metadata and tagging
  • Video Suggestions (by similar tags)
  • Playlist Management
  • Subscriptions
25% after the the public api 1.0 release to build 3rd party tools for our platform

This allows us to receive a fair amount early on and gives investors the security of knowing that the escrows are in possession of the funds until we have completed key components of our project. While we need to remain anonymous with our identities we can remain transparent with our work, development and finances.

Roadmap

November 2016
  • Crowdfunding Starts
December 2016
  • Test / Demo Functionality Site
January 2017
  • ICO Ends - January 9th, 2017
    • Launch of VIDZ Network
  • Initial Site Launch
    • VIDZ Integration
    • Account Management
    • Video Management
  • First Major Update
    • Auto metadata
    • Video suggestions by tag similarity
    • Playlist management
    • User subscription model
February 2017
  • Roadmap update for next 3 months of development
    • Public API Launch (allows automated uploading, 3rd party tools, etc)
    • Begin Trakt Integration
    • Premium services and revenue road map

We need more information on how pure vidz plans to make money.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:20:23 AM

ok so after reading a bit more about pure vidz i'm a little concerned about a few point:

1. What makes you different from any of the other torrent sites from getting shut down? Will PureVidz have their own tracker hosting torrent files? Because your project makes the SHARING of videos decentralized but you are still prone to getting shut down like other torrent trackers have.

2. The whole point of this project is to have a place to people to share videos WITHOUT all the ads and click bait most sites have. If this project brings in a lot of traffic which is possible, how do we know you won't plaster ads all over the website like every other site you're trying to differentiate from.

I have more questions but i'll leave you with these two for now.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:37:15 PM

ok so after reading a bit more about pure vidz i'm a little concerned about a few point:

1. What makes you different from any of the other torrent sites from getting shut down? Will PureVidz have their own tracker hosting torrent files? Because your project makes the SHARING of videos decentralized but you are still prone to getting shut down like other torrent trackers have.

2. The whole point of this project is to have a place to people to share videos WITHOUT all the ads and click bait most sites have. If this project brings in a lot of traffic which is possible, how do we know you won't plaster ads all over the website like every other site you're trying to differentiate from.

I have more questions but i'll leave you with these two for now.

1. Most torrent sites these days are quite resilient in how they run things. From a technology standpoint much of what we do will be similar but we have the advantage of seeing the past decade of legal battles and learning from them in our initial approach. Here's some key important factors

-Primary domain will be a portal routing to whatever server/domain is in use for the site allowing us to move it around as needed without impacting users.
-Users in countries with harsh filtering policies can use .onion domain through tor to access the services regardless of their local policies.
-The site itself will NOT host the database but rather remotely connect to one of the database servers. These will be spread across multiple servers in countries with rather lax copyright laws such as Sweden, Russia and the Netherlands.

In short we will lessen our risks by hosting absolutely NO content on the site. No database, no images, no .torrent files, nothing. It will simply be a stylized portal with heavy caching of user requests to reduce database load and improve speeds. We will reinforce our redundancy through multiple database backups spread across friendly countries and by having numerous fallback domains in the case of one or more being seized. For those more technically inclined or those living in countries with very strict internet censorship they can access the .onion domain to ensure global access to the site and its data.

2. Our site will certainly have advertisements but our guidelines for what we allow to be advertised and the placement of those ads will be of very high importance to the long term success of the site. Our primary focus will be on user centered advertisements. At the start this will mostly boil down to the following

-VPN referral links: Everyone using torrents should be using a VPN if they are in a country with strict copyright laws. Our site will contain a comprehensive overview of what the site does and does not track and how to protect themselves. These ads will be featured prominently on the site as a simple static banner (no pop up/under, no video, sound or animation). The goal of these ads and sections of the website are to ensure our users are informed and at the same time provide revenue for the site.

-Relevant physical merchandise links: This is a broad category but could be anything from purchasing boxed sets of shows you are currently watching to buying an android TV box from a partnered site. This will become more and more relevant as the site grows. One of the main goals of our API is to extend the site beyond browsers and into the livingroom. If trusted merchants are selling preconfigured android tv boxes for the site, it only makes sense for them to advertise with us to sell them.

Now, I know your question was how you know we wont change our policies but I wanted to first list what our policies and goals ARE. Obviously there is many more ways the site can (and will) be monetized but we are building this site because there is a real need for it and its the sort of site we feel should have existed for years now. Obviously if the site needs to find a way to survive we will find ways to make that happen by pivoting to a different monetization strategy to ensure that the site stays online and that investors are able to be rewarded. We very strongly feel that plastering the sites with ads would cause much more harm than good and would be a horrendous strategy for the site to monetize, even in the short term.

We need more information on how pure vidz plans to make money.

Most of your question has been answered in my reply to CAMOPEJB but here's a very shortened version of how the site, its contributors and its investors can expect to profit. Note: We are running the math and checking through our financial whitepaper to make sure it gets posted with hard numbers for investors to review. That will be expected when Beta 2 of the site launches.

How does the site earn

-Advertisements
-Referral services
-Merchant partners for android TV devices featuring the site
-Featured site media
-Premium membership fees

How do investors earn?

-Trading based on the value of the coin
-Coins burned through site mechanisms (equates to same earnings as a profit share)
-Buyback programs funded by a fixed percentage of all site revenue

How to contributors earn?
-Filling bounties for new content
-Participating in viral marketing campaigns
-Reviewing submitted content (must be moderator)
-Developing applications and sites using the site's API

imbladednow

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:53:59 PM

How much can I expect to earn if I put up every episode of Friends the tv show for example.
Or let's say I seeded the 3 Godfathers. Do you have any numbers on how much that might earn me.
Im just trying to figure out if people can earn an extra income just from submitting their movies and tv shows.
Because if that's the case I can see this growing big and fast but if people are only making $0.10 to seed a series you may have trouble finding the people who will bring the content that will make PV better then the others.

Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:10:15 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 05:21:53 PM by Pure_Vidz

How much can I expect to earn if I put up every episode of Friends the tv show for example.
Or let's say I seeded the 3 Godfathers. Do you have any numbers on how much that might earn me.
Im just trying to figure out if people can earn an extra income just from submitting their movies and tv shows.
Because if that's the case I can see this growing big and fast but if people are only making $0.10 to seed a series you may have trouble finding the people who will bring the content that will make PV better then the others.

There is no way to give specific amounts because bounties are granted in 3 different ways. If you managed to upload the newest greatest movie or show before everyone else and it was highly demanded by users then the payout would be rather large. If you were submitting a bunch of old shows you had laying around on your computer you would obviously be receiving less (or nothing).

In regards to seeding, the nature of the site means tracking individual user seed amounts will not be feasible. The review process ensures that submitted content already has seeds added (you cant submit then immediately stop seeding). We will be offering traditional RSS feeds of newly submitted content so partnered sites can automatically populate content to provide additional redundancy. We will likely be offering free VIP and Moderator status to those willing to run seedboxes to help with this (as reviewing submissions does earn those users a small amount of tokens it helps pay the cost of their seedbox). This is all part of our on boarding program to bring in members of existing torrent communities. The more sites the torrents are available on and the more distributed they are in regards to seeds the better the site will function so we strongly encourage users to submit their torrents across MANY sites, not only ours.

Open Bounties

During open bounties, the site assigns either a time period during with a fixed supply of coins is split among total submitted content OR it assigns a specific coin value to every new submission. During Beta 2 we will be assigning 1KK VIDZ from the dev fund and those will be distributed among total submissions (20,000 items added means each item gets a bounty of 50 VIDZ). Open bounties will be run from the dev fund every time it goes beyond a certain amount to encourage participation in the site and a way of redistributing the currency within the site ecosystem. The dev fund is replenished from bounty fees and the coin buyback program.

It is worth noting that during open bounties there is a 'weight' assigned to each type of media. For example a movie will be worth 10x as many points as a episode of a TV show as most TV show uploads will consist of an entire season or series of episodes at once.

User Bounties

After the launch of the site, users will be able to use their coins to place specific bounties. For example I want the new episode of Game of thrones to be added so I place a bounty of 100 VIDZ and so do 5 other people. When someone submits an approved copy with proper tags, that's a 500 VID bounty on that item. 10% to the dev fund, 80% goes to the submitter and 10% goes to the moderator who reviewed the submission. It's worth noting that if a bounty is submitted of lower quality (EG: a cam recording of a new movie in theater) the bounty will NOT be paid in full but rather it will be split so that the bulk of the bounty will remain for a proper quality version when it becomes available. The breakdown of what quality video can claim each bounty will be a part of the technical whitepaper.

VIP Requests

Tipping and bounties are all well and good but most people don't want to have to think about how much they are assigning to a bounty. When someone purchases VIP service on the site, 50% of the coins are verifiably burned, 25% is assigned as that users 'vote weight' and 25% is added to the dev fund. A users vote weight automatically assigns a small amount of VIDZ to each request they make without the user needing to be aware of it. The math behind how these coins are assigned is a bit complicated but the system will avoid over rewarding for specific media. If the item already has a large bounty, the vote will be added to improve visibility of the request but the bounty value will increase only slightly but if it has nothing assigned it receives a much larger portion of these coins too bump the visibility of the request significantly.

Tipping

I mentioned it above so it's worth mentioning that those who are inclined to do so may tip users directly. We predict it will be more popular with users to place bounties instead but if you really like content a user is submitting to the site then feel free to send them some VIDZ

Channel Subscriptions

Not relevant during the initial launch but as the site grows, if independent content creators are interested, we are happy to provide increased functionality where users can submit their own content to private playlists. These playlists could require fees to unlock or could be treated as a semi-premium channel where new episodes are blocked from non VIP members for the first week after being added and then become available for all. This would be a fantastic way to onboard those who want to use the site as a host for their own web series or tutorial series.

imbladednow

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:23:45 PM

So I assume without knowing the price of the coin yet we cant be sure how much the payday may be. I'll keep watching and base my decission on how many btc you collect and the average price of the coin closer to the end of your ico. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

One more question though. The vidz that go to the development fund when a bounty is placed and claimed.What will those vidz be used for?

Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:03:38 PM

So I assume without knowing the price of the coin yet we cant be sure how much the payday may be. I'll keep watching and base my decission on how many btc you collect and the average price of the coin closer to the end of your ico. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

One more question though. The vidz that go to the development fund when a bounty is placed and claimed.What will those vidz be used for?

The dev fund will trigger global site bounties when it crosses thresholds. The amount required to trigger the next one will be publicly posted following the end of the previous global bounty. The first global bounty will run starting with the release of Beta 2 of the site and will consist of 1kk coins. Following the ICO we will look at how much is left in the dev fund and publicly post how much it needs to reach and how much the next global bounty will consist of. That process will repeat each time the previous global bounty ends.

It will also be used for various viral marketing campaigns such as rewarding those who print out a flyer for the website and post it at their local campus or community center, our current twitter campaign and any future promotions where users are rewarded tokens for participating in the site and its advertisements.

There's simply no reason for someone already submitting to other torrent sites to not also do so for purevidz as they are already doing so but now get rewarded for including us in the list of sites their torrents are posted on. The submitted torrents being available across dozens of other sites ensures that our sites initial content is spread out across many users for redundancy and availability. Once the site reaches critical mass of contributors and viewers that will be less important but at launch it will be critical.
plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:19:17 PM

I don't even see a beta 1 and you're talking about beta 2.  Grin Grin When will beta one be out for public use.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:34:35 PM

I don't even see a beta 1 and you're talking about beta 2.  Grin Grin When will beta one be out for public use.

Beta 1 will be up within the next 2 days at most. Beta 2 will be reliant on user feedback and testing. Our goal is Beta 2 will be online a week after Beta 1.

The core difference between Beta1 and Beta2 is that we will be allowing users to start submitting new content for the site. For that to work we need to first write the shell of the bounty system to handle submitting and reviewing new media, account permissions and of course tracking who released what so they can receive their bounties after the ICO ends. The search, rating and tagging systems are already in our internal version of the site but will also need full testing when moved into the new structure of the website. During this period it is worth mentioning that submissions will be set to invite + investors only to avoid the site being spammed with fake content. We will likely hand out invites to people from the thread who want to validate functionality as well but they are intended to start onboarding existing release groups from other torrent sites to get them familiar with our systems.

We are doing our final testing of beta 1 this afternoon. Assuming there are no critical issues it will be online for testing this evening. At the very latest it should be online tomorrow.

Beta 2 is planned for ~ 1 week later as it will let us track user reports and make adjustments to the site before allowing users to flood it with custom content.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2100
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:01:41 PM

Video streaming site, there is no detailed go to market strategy, alot of people have tried to go into this market and yet not successful even I read sometimes that Youtube has never made Google any money so far

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:17:45 PM

Video streaming site, there is no detailed go to market strategy, alot of people have tried to go into this market and yet not successful even I read sometimes that Youtube has never made Google any money so far

We will not be hosting any of the videos or materials in any way therefor our costs will the tiniest fraction of traditional streaming services. When using the site you are loading a torrent file through your browser and sharing it peer2peer with other users as well as with those accessing the torrent through traditional torrenting sites. The goal of our website is to merge the functionality and convenience of streaming services like youtube, netflix, hulu and others while offering all of the power and reliability of torrents.

I've covered extensively in my posts our planned methods of monetization and marketing. You can expect a much more finely detailed whitepaper in the coming days as well as a demo version of the site demonstrating the technology itself. Within a week of that we will launch the second demo site which will allow early users to start populating it with content and a preview of many of the sites features. We will of course welcome feedback on our whitepapers and demo sites as they are posted so that we can fine tune things to their maximum potential.

We look forward to you trying our services as the demo sites are launched.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:17:41 PM

We are doing our final testing of beta 1 this afternoon. Assuming there are no critical issues it will be online for testing this evening. At the very latest it should be online tomorrow.

Beta 2 is planned for ~ 1 week later as it will let us track user reports and make adjustments to the site before allowing users to flood it with custom content.

Dont you feel like an idiot now.
DU30

Activity: 294

I trade and Gemini and you should too.

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:29:35 PM

What will make pure vidz better then the other streaming sites?

The main advantage purevidz has over other streaming sites (couchtuner, popcorntime, etc) is that all the content is decentralized. Torrents have no single point of failure as they are spread across multiple trackers and hundreds or thousands of people who are seeding the files themselves. This results in a more user friendly approach where there is no need to sort through broken links and mirrors.

Unlike many streaming site, we will have very strict advertisement guidelines to make sure that there is no misleading ads confusing users. This means when you see a play or a download button, that's actually what it is and you wont be taken away to some shady 3rd party site and scammed or infected as a result.

The main advantage over other torrent sites is simplicity. There is no torrent client required, there is no need to worry about which copy of a file you want as all media is rated and curated by users to make sure it will be exactly what it says it is. You open up all the power and convenience users expect from top paid streaming services like Netflix such as discovery queues, searching by tags, recommended media and still have all the power and flexibility of a traditional torrent service. Those who don't care about streaming in their browser can still use the magnet links provided to download using a traditional torrent client and in the process they are still helping the site grow in both popularity and by increasing the resilience of the torrent network.

How do I get vidz bitcoins? Do I buy them on an exchange like coinbase or from the bitcoin atm? I like this idea and will probably buy some but I dont know how. Sorry about that, I am very new to bitcoin and bitcoin alts.

Initial coin distribution will be through the ICO, Bounties and initial Dev Fund as well as a number of other methods. After that users will use exchanges or will participate in the site's economy to gain or spend them. This includes things such as tipping content providers, placing bounties on new media, paying to unlock premium site features and much more.

There is a large number of things the dev fund will be used for. Including the current twitter campaign, an initial promotion where all validated releases on the site have a small base bounty (to build the initial database) as well as future promotions such as a temporary bonus for using the rating and report system on the website or a bounty for each user who puts a physical poster advertising our site in their local college campus/community center.

All in all there will be plenty of ways to earn small amounts of tokens for use in the site but in order to obtain larger amounts of coins, exchanges and the initial coin distribution from the ICO will be what is used. As mentioned above there's a LOT of ways the dev fund is used and replenished so I think that's a good topic to expand on in one of our upcoming whitepapers so investors know how the coins circulate through the site economy, how they are burned and how they are earned.

seems interesting. can you explain how you plan on getting people to uplaod their torrents so that you get all them important shows and movies.

The site is designed to reward those who contribute to its success. There will be a number of ways bounties can be placed on new releases including VIP requests (paid from dev fund) and manual bounties (placed by users). These bounties are awarded based on the quality of the contribution. The majority of the bounty value will be sent to the person who fills it (submits a torrent), a small portion goes to the moderators who review and approve the addition and a small portion of it is returned to the def fund to allow more automated site wide bounties and to sponsor new advertisement campaigns.

We will have much more details on that in our upcoming monitization whitepaper. For now I'll leave the math out for now as it can get pretty complicated when you're mixing manual bounties with automated ones and then stacking VIP requests on top. We currently plan to release 3 major whitepapers and 2 demo versions of the site before the ICO ends. That should offer users plenty of chance to look at our systems and do their research before deciding if investing is right for them or not.

After reading this answer id like to invest 1 btc. How do I do this? Do I need to make an account on the site, or contact one of the escrows.

I made my investment today and it looks like im the first because it shows me as owning 100.000.000 coins.  Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
HelpTheDogs

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:38:14 PM

But youtube does it the wrong way. They dont pay people to post videos, people only get paid if the video is watched 100 million times. That right there is a big fail point. Only popular celebrities make money on youtube, not even youtube them selfs.
ACAB

Activity: 636

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:28:59 PM

But youtube does it the wrong way. They dont pay people to post videos, people only get paid if the video is watched 100 million times. That right there is a big fail point. Only popular celebrities make money on youtube, not even youtube them selfs.

My reply to someone asking about how youtubes makes it's money.

You're mostly right. Most of youtubes revenue comes from advertisements. But a lot of it comes from people who pay to not view ads. They offer a service called youtubered  https://www.youtube.com/red and from what I know its about to blow up soon in a big way but pure vidz can also blow up in a big way. I don't really like how the devs of vidz are being very non descriptive. We need to get much more information on how everything will work. A white paper might help too.

Found it to be relevant again now so enjoy.
imbladednow

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:49:23 PM

The dev fund will trigger global site bounties when it crosses thresholds. The amount required to trigger the next one will be publicly posted following the end of the previous global bounty. The first global bounty will run starting with the release of Beta 2 of the site and will consist of 1kk coins. Following the ICO we will look at how much is left in the dev fund and publicly post how much it needs to reach and how much the next global bounty will consist of. That process will repeat each time the previous global bounty ends.

It will also be used for various viral marketing campaigns such as rewarding those who print out a flyer for the website and post it at their local campus or community center, our current twitter campaign and any future promotions where users are rewarded tokens for participating in the site and its advertisements.

There's simply no reason for someone already submitting to other torrent sites to not also do so for purevidz as they are already doing so but now get rewarded for including us in the list of sites their torrents are posted on. The submitted torrents being available across dozens of other sites ensures that our sites initial content is spread out across many users for redundancy and availability. Once the site reaches critical mass of contributors and viewers that will be less important but at launch it will be critical.

Ok that sounds real cool. Almost like a progressive jackpot in a funny sort of way. I think with so many coins in the dev fund you should consider offering at least 5-10% of the dev fund for those specific bounty's 

The-Accountant

Activity: 82

Legendary.

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:05:06 PM

Are these escrows trustworthy, I mean what real life ID do we have on these guys? Who is to say they are not the same person? If we can find out more on their experience etc and IPs I will be making a fairly large investment. Get the info PureVidz and I'm in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: