Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:38:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115638 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 04:20:42 PM

After i updated the client

I run the client

I can see transactions in the past there, and i check on the chain explorer the amount of spectre is still in the address

Just the total balance showing is 0, is this a visual bug?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

Thanks for the hard work guys, glad to see another great update. Is this update supposed to work on Linux? I had a hell of a time getting it to compile. It runs but does not show any balance, even after backup/restore the wallet.dat and resynching the block chain. Also when launching from the CLI it shows an error something about obfs4 not found, however in the GUI it says tor+obfs4 so I'm not sure how to confirm obfs4 is actually working.
spectre_jbg

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:06:41 PM

I can see transactions in the past there, and i check on the chain explorer the amount of spectre is still in the address

Just the total balance showing is 0, is this a visual bug?

Developer here. It's purely a visual bug. The wallet knows your balance and should even be able to send transactions, but the balance is just displayed incorrectly. We are aware of it and are working on a fix.
spectre_jbg

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:19:03 PM

Thanks for the hard work guys, glad to see another great update. Is this update supposed to work on Linux? I had a hell of a time getting it to compile. It runs but does not show any balance, even after backup/restore the wallet.dat and resynching the block chain. Also when launching from the CLI it shows an error something about obfs4 not found, however in the GUI it says tor+obfs4 so I'm not sure how to confirm obfs4 is actually working.

There's a Linux source release coming soon, which will include docs for compilation, but in brief it is:

Code:
qmake OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=/path/to/openssl-1.0/include/files OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=/path/to/openssl-1.0/lib/files BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=/path/to/bdb-4.8/include/files BDB_LIB_PATH=/path/to/bdb-4.8/lib/files
make -j2  # or however many CPUs you have

OpenSSL 1.0 is a requirement for now, like with most altcoins, but we plan to move to 1.1 for our 1.4 release. Similarly with BDB 4.8, we plan to move to a current 5.x release for our 1.4 release.

The "OBFS4 not found" message is nothing to worry about, we only enable it when necessary (i.e. where Tor is blocked). If you're in a country that doesn't block Tor there is no advantage gained by using OBFS4 and it slows down communication resulting in slower sync speed.

See my previous message regarding your zero balance.
chapinmaster

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:41:30 PM

version 1.3 works great in win32 now, i like the fast to do transactions but the coin are delisted in c-cex...
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:38:22 AM

Newcomers to the Spectrecoin Slack channel often question why Spectrecoin is a good investment. This is my current opinion as to why Spectrecoin is at this date and time, an undervalued cryptocurrency superior to its anonymous competitors:

While I'm sure we are all fans of Bitcoin, upon its release, people exploited Bitcoin for is 'anonymity' when in reality every transaction is recorded on the blockchain (a public ledger database as we know). Bitcoin was created for monetary value, and Ethereum was created as a digital asset alongside about 1000 other coins promising to build on its platform.

Upon global political influence, Bitcoin has become regulated in many countries for tax purposes Resorting to anonymity, I wanted to store value anonymously, furthermore use these funds in everyday transactions and receive passive income.

Unlike Dash, there is no masternode requirement.  This is centralized and requires 1000 dash to operate, there is no difference here between Dash and masternodes operating as central banks accumulating interest on accounts with sums that cannot be withdrawn.

XSPEC employs POS with 5% static inflation, this brings opportunity for all users in the Spectre network regardless of their XSPEC balance, furthermore, (with the release of v. 1.3) that opportunity is NOW available on a global scale given Spectres fully integrated Tor+OBFS4 layer for network privacy where Spectre can access TOR blocked networks (Iraq, Iran, Syria, China etc). China is always a big one...

In comparison to other anonymous currencies:

Zcash doesn't have pos, the initial investors hold 20% of the supply (this wasnt an ICO).  Furthmore, While JP Morgan may have funded research in ZSnark technology, they aren't physically pumping in money into the currency, nor ever will. (This same goes with the EEA)

The forks of Zcash are ZCL and Zencash. ZCL has no POS. Zencash has a 42 Zen masternodes requirement, again, centralized and when I was setting up the masternodes they all use the same servers in the US. Very obsolete to spectre.

Monero has proven to be less anonymous and also doesn't employ pos.

Cloakcoin seemed promising, though the team is very unpredictable, furthermore their Code hasn't been audited, and the stall in doing so is not to my liking considering they released in 2014 and development still remains unclear.

Spectrecoin employs rings, zsnark, dual stealth addresses and pos.

XSPEC has simple features we need in everyday use.  We have POS rewards for passive income, an encrypted chat, and stealth addresses.

Imagine the spectrecash app as just that on your phone as the dev have visioned on the roadmap.
- accessible anywhere in the world while untraceable.
- encrypted chat through the wallet (add a call feature perhaps) and whatsapp/your bank account app/your text messaging along with calling can no longer be traced and are merely replaced with the spectrecash app (hoping we will soon have markets for use)
- the app intends to work as an exchange. I believe localbitcoins is the best exchange to date. The Spectre project intends to have this within their app. Anonymous transactions reduced to a scale of global convenience is beyond authoritative control and is bound to increase global adoption.

This is what the spectreproject aims to provide from what I've read. This was in response to the snooping legislation in the U.K., the investigatory powers act and the Hawala money transfer system.

Anyways, aside from all that, the names pretty cool. Spectre by definition means:
- ghost or:
- something widely feared as a possible unpleasant or dangerous occurrence.

Central banks can have both.

Cheers

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:05:13 AM

very nice post sirsplashalot .Just wondering will wallet 1.1 still work in the future  or will i have to update to 1.3 ??Since i have windows 32 i could not update till now

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:13:41 AM

There's a Linux source release coming soon, which will include docs for compilation, but in brief it is:

Code:
qmake OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=/path/to/openssl-1.0/include/files OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=/path/to/openssl-1.0/lib/files BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=/path/to/bdb-4.8/include/files BDB_LIB_PATH=/path/to/bdb-4.8/lib/files
make -j2  # or however many CPUs you have

OpenSSL 1.0 is a requirement for now, like with most altcoins, but we plan to move to 1.1 for our 1.4 release. Similarly with BDB 4.8, we plan to move to a current 5.x release for our 1.4 release.

The "OBFS4 not found" message is nothing to worry about, we only enable it when necessary (i.e. where Tor is blocked). If you're in a country that doesn't block Tor there is no advantage gained by using OBFS4 and it slows down communication resulting in slower sync speed.

See my previous message regarding your zero balance.

Hey jbg, nice to see you here! Welcome to Bitcointalk.  Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
spectre_jbg

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:05:09 AM

version 1.3 works great in win32 now, i like the fast to do transactions but the coin are delisted in c-cex...

C-CEX never had much volume. Makes basically no difference to the trading of the currency that they delisted us. Cryptopia and Livecoin have decent volume, and we are expanding to more exchanges soon.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:46:54 AM

I am still waiting for Mac and linux version.
spectre_jbg

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:47:32 AM

very nice post sirsplashalot .Just wondering will wallet 1.1 still work in the future  or will i have to update to 1.3 ??Since i have windows 32 i could not update till now

There is nothing currently planned that would stop 1.1 from participating in the network. Having said that, it's recommended that you upgrade to 1.3 as it contains stability and performance improvements as well as a Tor update.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:49:26 PM

I am still waiting for Mac and linux version.

From the website (https://spectreproject.io/download/):

macOS builds of 1.3 will be released on August 12, 2017. A packaged source release will follow.

On Linux you can easily build the wallet using the instructions from jbg above.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:04:20 PM

Interesting. Why should I be interested in Spectrecoin over Deep Onion? Anyone care to TLDR the benefits of Spectre?

FOR RENT.
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:01:54 PM

Maybe it was my build environment, but compiling v1.3 on Linux required editing several source and config files. Not home ATM so can't give exact details, but can share them when I get home if anyone is interested.

@ sirsplashalot I would like to know in what way monero is less anonymous?
srqrebel

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:08:40 PM

Monero has proven to be less anonymous

Could you please elaborate on this?  Thank you

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
sirsplashalot

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:17:13 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 12:48:33 AM by sirsplashalot

Maybe it was my build environment, but compiling v1.3 on Linux required editing several source and config files. Not home ATM so can't give exact details, but can share them when I get home if anyone is interested.

@ sirsplashalot I would like to know in what way monero is less anonymous?

Monero has proven to be less anonymous

Could you please elaborate on this?  Thank you

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/is-monero-s-or-all-anonymity-broken

This is the article where I found the relevant information regarding the anonymity of Monero.

Edit: This is a new article, (August 2nd) almost subsequent to release Spectrecoin - Client v 1.3. 

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
sirsplashalot

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:47:39 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 01:44:33 AM by sirsplashalot

Interesting. Why should I be interested in Spectrecoin over Deep Onion? Anyone care to TLDR the benefits of Spectre?
An Airdrop subject to only Bitcointalk members serves in YOUR best interest if you do not have capital. Finding buy support from a community reliant on free distribution may be challenging. There is also:  

- POS v3 5% Static Inflation
- TOR OBFS4
- Encrypted Chat Feature
- No Airdrop, 4th most successful ICO of all time.
- Spectrecash Mobile next Update - local bitcoins like, in-app fiat-xspec exchange.

And if my post was too long, simply put. Spectrecoin has a much 'deeper onion.'

VEEGOLD

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:55:58 AM

Spectrecoin is far ahead of deep onion

Buy some Spectrecoin now
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:59:02 AM

It confused me that all alt coins puff up but XSPEC still be low.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 11:39:31 AM

It confused me that all alt coins puff up but XSPEC still be low.

It's true xspec has been overlooked for some time but, that's going to change as it's features become better known. It's been around since November 2016....and with the dev bringing out new wallets and firming up attainable plans for the future....it's one helluva' buying opportunity.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: