Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:01:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115638 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rikki_Tikki_Tavi

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:26:14 AM

Hi Dev, Any progress made with getting this bad boy on Bittrex?
Shadow Cash just ended so this is a good time to show case Spectrecoin.

Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MR_UNIVERSE_66

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:39:21 AM

This coin on a downhill trend? Website needs a makeover by a pro... looks awful.  It probably will turnaround from dropping down and go
to the moon as I sold out... you can thank me now.
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:55:10 AM

Hello,

This Doesn't Look Safe...The subject and website looks very ugly. Please change them.

The pictures are very bad.

Do not forget to add video.

A bit more quality work ..

I would appreciate constructive criticism and ideas but just saying something is wrong / ugly without having any input about how to improve and why it's ugly is not helpful. Why does it not look safe? What does that mean? We are not web designers and video producers so this will come but the tech will come first and if the budget allows we may hire someone to do a new website etc.

I'm not a director of films.  But I know a bad movie when I see one.

Same with the graphics.  They look awful.  Get someone decent with graphics already.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 07:11:03 AM

This coin on a downhill trend? Website needs a makeover by a pro... looks awful.  It probably will turnaround from dropping down and go

Nothing is dropping down, price has been stable around 2000 sat since right after the ICO.

All this fuss about "the website looks bad" ... it's like people buying a laptop "because it looks nice", not for the technical specifications. We're still tech people here, are we?!

Also mandica said that they are not web developers, making a "professional website" costs a lot of money, for the case you don't know. Sure, having blue fonts on black background is pretty 90s, and the font size differences are too large. It would be relatively easy to fix this. But if you're asking for a professional remake of the website, you'd better send some >1 BTC with your request so they can pay a web dev.  Wink

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Alteredcoins

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:36:25 AM

This coin on a downhill trend? Website needs a makeover by a pro... looks awful.  It probably will turnaround from dropping down and go

Nothing is dropping down, price has been stable around 2000 sat since right after the ICO.

All this fuss about "the website looks bad" ... it's like people buying a laptop "because it looks nice", not for the technical specifications. We're still tech people here, are we?!

Also mandica said that they are not web developers, making a "professional website" costs a lot of money, for the case you don't know. Sure, having blue fonts on black background is pretty 90s, and the font size differences are too large. It would be relatively easy to fix this. But if you're asking for a professional remake of the website, you'd better send some >1 BTC with your request so they can pay a web dev.  Wink

The website and graphics of anything are an expression of pride. This doesn't look like they are proud of Spectrecoin. Also, they are not web developers, as you said. That means they should freaking hire somebody. Ive seen so many products/companies/ etc never get off the ground because the owners simply did not see the value in hiring an artist. 1 BTC to hire a web developer from a guy on Bitcointalk pointing out the obvious? That's what bounties are for. Appearances are key.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:22:14 AM

Actually the price has been going up. For a while I was about to buy in at about half the current price.

As for the website, I think we can get some ideas and graphics from SDC for possible use/modification since we have many of the same features. Eventually I'm sure someone with web skills will get on board and offer their skills. Maybe we could think about building a marketing account for an eventual bounty. A pretty website should be low on the priority list at this point... At least until I have more coins.  Grin
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 12:36:11 PM

The website and graphics of anything are an expression of pride.

What is actually an expression of pride is to not have the Windows wallet crashing on exit. To deliver on promised milestones (beta App release). Having a fancy website is an expression of superficiality and trying to convince people of something that doesn't even exist yet. "Under-advertise, over-deliver" has been a very successful receipt in the past. A website is advertisement, the software is the product that matters. Have a working product first, and advertise it when it works.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Alteredcoins

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:35:26 PM

What is actually an expression of pride is to not have the Windows wallet crashing on exit. To deliver on promised milestones (beta App release). Having a fancy website is an expression of superficiality and trying to convince people of something that doesn't even exist yet. "Under-advertise, over-deliver" has been a very successful receipt in the past. A website is advertisement, the software is the product that matters. Have a working product first, and advertise it when it works.

First impressions are important and this keeps coming up in a negative light. Is that meaningless to you as an investor? People see a clunky-ass site and they immediately suspect a clunky-ass coin.  Investors should hope they'd get somebody on this cosmetic issue while they deal with the windows issue that first came up in November/December. If nothing apparent is happening with the code, the appearance of momentum is very helpful. I don't get your logic.
birdaha

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:26:25 PM

When is the trade in Bittrex?
mandica (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:32:32 PM

First impressions are important and this keeps coming up in a negative light. Is that meaningless to you as an investor? People see a clunky-ass site and they immediately suspect a clunky-ass coin.  Investors should hope they'd get somebody on this cosmetic issue while they deal with the windows issue that first came up in November/December. If nothing apparent is happening with the code, the appearance of momentum is very helpful. I don't get your logic.

We can not afford to hire graphic designers and we have to grow this organically and slowly.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 07:42:25 PM

First impressions are important and this keeps coming up in a negative light. Is that meaningless to you as an investor? People see a clunky-ass site and they immediately suspect a clunky-ass coin.  Investors should hope they'd get somebody on this cosmetic issue while they deal with the windows issue that first came up in November/December. If nothing apparent is happening with the code, the appearance of momentum is very helpful. I don't get your logic.

Let me explain to you my logic. As an investor, a bad first impression or bad presentation is attractive to me! Because it increases the probability of a coin being undervalued. I have a good history of success following that logic. This is probably some of of the most high-profile advice you will find on this forum: Look for projects that have good fundamentals, and bad presentation (or bad marketing, bad reputation etc.).

The point is, yes, the price will be lower when the first impression is not right. But the market will correct eventually as the presentation problems will be solved eventually, assuming that the project itself is promising. If you're a serious investor who is thinking long term, it doesn't matter to you whether problems like these will be fixed in one month or 1 year, as long as you were able to get in before the price rises.

I already bought in, so I'm just here to wait until the price is at the moon, and I don't care when that will be.

We can not afford to hire graphic designers and we have to grow this organically and slowly.

And when I'm reading something like this, it gives me a wet dream because it is a very positive indicator that the project will be successful eventually.  Wink

Alteredcoins

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 09:09:55 PM

First impressions are important and this keeps coming up in a negative light. Is that meaningless to you as an investor? People see a clunky-ass site and they immediately suspect a clunky-ass coin.  Investors should hope they'd get somebody on this cosmetic issue while they deal with the windows issue that first came up in November/December. If nothing apparent is happening with the code, the appearance of momentum is very helpful. I don't get your logic.

Let me explain to you my logic. As an investor, a bad first impression or bad presentation is attractive to me! Because it increases the probability of a coin being undervalued. I have a good history of success following that logic. This is probably some of of the most high-profile advice you will find on this forum: Look for projects that have good fundamentals, and bad presentation (or bad marketing, bad reputation etc.).

The point is, yes, the price will be lower when the first impression is not right. But the market will correct eventually as the presentation problems will be solved eventually, assuming that the project itself is promising. If you're a serious investor who is thinking long term, it doesn't matter to you whether problems like these will be fixed in one month or 1 year, as long as you were able to get in before the price rises.

I already bought in, so I'm just here to wait until the price is at the moon, and I don't care when that will be.

The ICO phase happened last year. What would be the reason now for keeping it clunky?
mandica (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 09:35:08 PM

The ICO phase happened last year. What would be the reason now for keeping it clunky?

What do you mean, clunky?
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:15:31 AM

And when I'm reading something like this, it gives me a wet dream because it is a very positive indicator that the project will be successful eventually.  Wink

I also have a very good history of picking coins. What matters most is determination for success on the part of the developers, and supporting team members.

You would have to be somewhat naive to think this isn't a long-shot, but that is one of the fun/interesting/exciting aspects of crypto investments.

In my mind the loss of SDC left a huge space to fill, and I strongly believe the best coin to do that is Spectre.

This project is still VERY young, so any perceived imperfections at this point are irrelevant. All that matters is a strong will to resolve them, and perfect the excellence of the underlying code.

Most coins take at least a couple years to mature, and develop a strong following. A hefty market cap usually follows, and I think it is a very good sign that we already have a fairly solid price and market cap. Considering there are relatively few Spectre coins, I think this looks to be one of the best bets I've seen in the 5 years I've been involved with these currencies.

If you are looking for a bargain coin with tons of potential, this is as good as it gets. The price is still very cheap.

If all you see is risk and negativity, a year from now you will either have a chance to say "I told you so", or you will be kicking yourself in the ass.  Roll Eyes

I'm gonna go ahead and risk an entire $100...   Grin Grin Grin
J_A_Bankster

Activity: 138
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 08:23:18 AM

Hi Guys

Im not technical at all, more an alt speculator... I really like Spectre and the TOR integration is the unique selling point for me believing this will be a major success...

However..............

As you all know Bitcoin plus just exploded +1000% and they also promote their TOR integration on their website.... so..... Can the Dev team make a compelling argument as to why Spectre is superior and what can you learn from the insane XBC surge that just happened?

Is it just because that coin has the word bitcoin in its name, or perhaps is there something to that coin that you can learn from?

Thanks and good luck, To the moon with Spectre!!!
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:34:28 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 01:43:20 PM by Gandalf86

So I'm not part of the dev team, but will try to answer your questions regardless ...  Wink

As you all know Bitcoin plus just exploded +1000%
and what can you learn from the insane XBC surge that just happened?

Just checked ... errm no, it didn't.  Huh  Grin

Can the Dev team make a compelling argument as to why Spectre is superior

1. All nodes are accessed through Tor, which makes it much more difficult to attack the network.
2. Stealth transactions
3. SpectreCash is an entirely different concept. It's based on Hawala.

or perhaps is there something to that coin that you can learn from?

What we can learn from Bitcoin? You're funny dude. Cheesy

J_A_Bankster

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

wow Gandalf you're a proper retard man the way you replied to me

firstly check XBC, as you clearly havent, also not answered one question i asked...

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:35:13 PM

firstly check XBC, as you clearly havent, also not answered one question i asked...

Sorry I confused it with XBT which is a different ticker for Bitcoin ...  Roll Eyes

What the heck is Bitcoin Plus, I've never heard of it ... Sorry but I can't give you any meaningful input about that.

J_A_Bankster

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:42:47 PM

ok no worries, same for me that was my point... Besides that it has the name bitcoin in it, it seems to have nothing else..

So I think its nothing but a baseless noob pump that will crash quickly again, But once again they do speak of TOR integration on their website.

Therefor my question, could it be also because of that as TOR should only attract the segment of people surfing on it..

Its just a tip i have for the devs to take a look at XBC on their website, maybe they can learn from some things on there to help the growth of Spectre...

Nonetheless, I see a big future for Spectre if they live up to the tech as written in the table on the website, comparisons to Monero Zcash etc..
BelgianBoy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:58:48 PM

Eitherway im making my position stronger in Spectre.

Yes it's me, the former ESP Billionaire. Sold some to build 5rigs with 30 GTX1070 Wink. Still big believer and very big bag holder. Want the same? Buy and hold!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: