Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:23:58 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 10:13:21 AM by Gandalf86

The ICO price of this coin was only 83 sat? Wow. Looks like this coin has been progressing fairly well.

Initial price at listing on exchanges was 2400 sat, current price is 2600 sat. The ICO was more like an over-the-counter funds distribution which almost nobody was interested in at that point, that's why the nominal ICO "price" is so low. Just think of it as "The entire coin supply was distributed to about 100 people for a total of ~17 Bitcoin". That's how this project started. It's far from optimal, but there were simply no more people who were willing to invest money into this during ICO.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
von schiller

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:28:59 AM

I would love to see 10K sats this month also
This has got to be one of the coin that grew 2x since its start from 1000 sats. If its going to have 10k this month, more users are going to be interested and fud will soon arise. Although this had been fud from the start already.  Their features seem better than those previous anon coins too.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:12:22 AM

We need to get XSPEC to a bigger exchange like Bittrex or Polo. We are way undervalued right now especially for a privacy coin. We should be a minimum 5 million market cap.

$5 million market cap isn't that far down the road. But you have to keep in mind this coin is still young. What we need is to get further down our road map, and then getting on a bigger exchange will be more beneficial. For now accumulation and being patient is the way to go.  Cool
CommunityWhale

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:45:09 PM

We need to get XSPEC to a bigger exchange like Bittrex or Polo. We are way undervalued right now especially for a privacy coin. We should be a minimum 5 million market cap.

$5 million market cap isn't that far down the road. But you have to keep in mind this coin is still young. What we need is to get further down our road map, and then getting on a bigger exchange will be more beneficial. For now accumulation and being patient is the way to go.  Cool

According to the devs, Bittrex is not far off. Either way, while this coin has not rocketed like a lot of other coins lately, it has had a steady uptrend against the dollar, keeping up with BTC. This is a very good sign for such a young coin. I've been watching closely & accumulating for a while now, and think this coin is going to make another healthy price jump soon.

We'll see how the devs do with keeping up with the new roadmap. Their long estimates for dependency improvements, automated build script for 3rd party dependencies & improvement of the Spectre.pro file are around May 21st, so we can expect to see some checkmarks on those items and know movement is happening with the updated timeline. This should inspire confidence and create a price surge, even if small.

If they can manage the Tor obfuscation as predicted by the roadmap, by around June 18th, we should then see increased interest from China and others. Then it is going to get real, even without the completed APP. If we truly have one of the most anonymous currencies in the marketplace, then interest will peak without the APP. The APP will be the icing.

Until then, confidence in the new roadmap is the next key factor to this coin moving forward. ... Bittrex would be a big plus Wink

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:02:09 PM

$5 million market cap isn't that far down the road. But you have to keep in mind this coin is still young. What we need is to get further down our road map, and then getting on a bigger exchange will be more beneficial. For now accumulation and being patient is the way to go.  Cool

According to the devs, Bittrex is not far off. Either way, while this coin has not rocketed like a lot of other coins lately, it has had a steady uptrend against the dollar, keeping up with BTC. This is a very good sign for such a young coin. I've been watching closely & accumulating for a while now, and think this coin is going to make another healthy price jump soon.

We'll see how the devs do with keeping up with the new roadmap. Their long estimates for dependency improvements, automated build script for 3rd party dependencies & improvement of the Spectre.pro file are around May 21st, so we can expect to see some checkmarks on those items and know movement is happening with the updated timeline. This should inspire confidence and create a price surge, even if small.

If they can manage the Tor obfuscation as predicted by the roadmap, by around June 18th, we should then see increased interest from China and others. Then it is going to get real, even without the completed APP. If we truly have one of the most anonymous currencies in the marketplace, then interest will peak without the APP. The APP will be the icing.

Until then, confidence in the new roadmap is the next key factor to this coin moving forward. ... Bittrex would be a big plus Wink

Hey bud, I like what you are saying! Very solid analysis. Welcome to this community!  Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:03:38 AM

The future is looking bright.  Grin

https://cointelegraph.com/news/untraceable-coins-storming-into-top-10-cryptocurrencies-bytecoin-surge
ymh343993

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:26:02 AM

In China, Sync wallet need vpn app and seting IKEv2 mode. good luck!

在中国,同步钱包需要使用VNP软件且把连接模式设置成IKEv2模式。我使用的是天行VNP,连接美国服务器。

Thank you, bro. It really works!!!
Hope dev can develop the wallet and help sync even without special vpn.
The price drops a lot yesterday. And I bought some as my wallet can sync. Good luck to XSPEC.

I tried also IPsec protocol, it also works!
So it seems that China block the PPTP, but IKEv2 & IPsec both work.

Can you share this in the Slack and perhaps start a China channel?
Embat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:17:35 AM

Why not try to fight XSPEC way on Poloniex to be a better player even than SDC. Later I am going to send one good formulated request

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
lhmrij

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:24:44 AM

Actuallly  out of all the coins out there spec is one fo the best  .Working wallet super secure low fees fast transactions only one that is tor enable No need for expansive electricty are mineing  .What the hell more you what
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:56:20 AM

The price drops a lot yesterday. And I bought some as my wallet can sync. Good luck to XSPEC.

There is already a China channel, and I think this tip was shared there, first.  Wink

someiotanow

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:39:16 PM

hello, i'm staking 24/7 spectrecoins but i have a strange problem:

I'm using a netbook for staking 24/7 with a copied wallet.dat from my original wallet.
The balance is shown as zero but it accepted my password and it has a specific weight for the staking.
So when i look from my original wallet with my laptop i see the correct balance and that the netbook is staking well.But the netbook doesn't even show my staked transactions.

So i have some questions about that issue:
The first thing is that my copied wallet.dat files always show zero balance, even after several restarts of the wallet. (also on different devices)
(i'm using the current self compiled version 1.2.0 for linux )
What can i do about that? My fear is that i can't make correct backups if this problem can't be solved.

Do i have to make copies of my staking wallet.dat file or is it enough,when i make backups from my not staking wallet to not to lose staked coins?

Hope you understand my concerns and can help me. thanks
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:51:09 PM

There is already a China channel, and I think this tip was shared there, first.  Wink

Yes, I also share on Slack. However, it is not stable to connect with VPN. I think it is better to have it solved by dev.
CommunityWhale

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:09:47 PM

The devs have communicated they are a few days behind on the latest updates according to the new roadmap. This is the most important update for them, as far as public perception, as they couldn't keep up with the previous roadmap. These are the first updates on the map that was made to remedy any lateness issues. Forward momentum should be apparent to all soon.
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:27:45 PM

hello, i'm staking 24/7 spectrecoins but i have a strange problem:

I'm using a netbook for staking 24/7 with a copied wallet.dat from my original wallet.
The balance is shown as zero but it accepted my password and it has a specific weight for the staking.
So when i look from my original wallet with my laptop i see the correct balance and that the netbook is staking well.But the netbook doesn't even show my staked transactions.

So i have some questions about that issue:
The first thing is that my copied wallet.dat files always show zero balance, even after several restarts of the wallet. (also on different devices)
(i'm using the current self compiled version 1.2.0 for linux )
What can i do about that? My fear is that i can't make correct backups if this problem can't be solved.

It's not your fault, it's a problem in the way the wallet updates the display of the amount and transactions. If you see your balance growing on the explorer and in another wallet, everything is fine. This issue is currently being worked on by the devs. Sometimes it will solve itself by waiting some time or restarting the wallet, sometimes not.

Do i have to make copies of my staking wallet.dat file or is it enough,when i make backups from my not staking wallet to not to lose staked coins?

If you want to be sure, export your clear text private keys with the "dumpprivkey" command in the debug console. You only need to do this once for each address.

someiotanow

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:38:39 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 03:58:29 PM by someiotanow

If you want to be sure, export your clear text private keys with the "dumpprivkey" command in the debug console. You only need to do this once for each address.

So, spectrecoin doesn't change my address after an specific amount of transactions like bitcoin?

what is the syntax of "dumpprivkey"?
dumpprivkey -password -address?
because i get the Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)

And how do i import my clear text private keys later?
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:09:07 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 05:27:29 PM by Gandalf86

So, spectrecoin doesn't change my address after an specific amount of transactions like bitcoin?

Honestly I don't know of such a feature?? Must have something to do with getting a new change address maybe, but this doesn't apply to stake rewards because there is no output in that case.

You must understand how all of this works:
1. There are no "coins", there are addresses that are associated with a private key and the value of your funds for that address.
2. If you have your private key, you can access the funds for the respective address.
3. If you backup the private key (which is inside your encrypted wallet.dat), you are safe for all future. Or you can backup the wallet.dat to have the same effect.
4. Note that in Spectre, new addresses and new private keys might be generated automatically when receiving transactions to a "stealth" address, so you have to backup those new keys as well. (Not quite sure about this one tbh., the stealth address itself is also associated with some key so it might be enough to backup that one)
5. If your wallet.dat breaks or is incompatible with a future version of the wallet, the private key that is stored inside will be unusable as well, so it is generally a good idea to backup both, the wallet.dat and the key itself.
6. Note that if you export your private key in clear text, you might want to encrypt that one manually.

what is the syntax of "dumpprivkey"?
dumpprivkey -password -address?
because i get the Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)

If you get that error, you have to enter the wallet passphrase with the command 'walletpassphrase' first, like it says. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356943.0

And how do i import my clear text private keys later?

With the 'importprivkey' command. There is also an "import wallet" feature in the GUI that you can use to import a previously backed up wallet.dat. You should probably try that first in the case you need it, the private key is just an additional security.

someiotanow

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:58:09 PM

thank you gandalf86!

Honestly I don't know of such a feature?? Must have something to do with getting a new change address maybe, but this doesn't apply to stake rewards because there is no output in that case.
what i meant was http://bitzuma.com/posts/five-ways-to-lose-money-with-bitcoin-change-addresses/

My concern is,when i only back up the wallet.dat from the original wallet and not the one i'm staking with, that my staked coins could be lost, even if i can see the stakes on my orginal wallet...I'm not sure if this can happen, i just want to be sure.Maybe i better back up both wallet.dat files even if they show the same amount  Undecided

Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 09:05:02 PM

thank you gandalf86!

what i meant was http://bitzuma.com/posts/five-ways-to-lose-money-with-bitcoin-change-addresses/

My concern is,when i only back up the wallet.dat from the original wallet and not the one i'm staking with, that my staked coins could be lost, even if i can see the stakes on my orginal wallet...I'm not sure if this can happen, i just want to be sure.Maybe i better back up both wallet.dat files even if they show the same amount  Undecided

I respond to your current concern, nothing more, there are many variants to consider but they are only important if they apply to you.
Once the exact functioning of a particular case is known, what follows is to determine a practical and personal way of acting.
Definitely the receipt of staking has no risk of change direction, these are generated only in some
shipments, which you do. Not in Reception.
One thing must be clear to all of us, every so often, in our wallet can generate a new reception address.
Example1, you receive a payment in a "stealth" address, as a result a new public address appears.
Example2, you voluntarily create a new address.
Result: You lose value your last backup of the wallet.dat, because it does not contain that new address.
It is necessary to make a new backup, whenever this happens. Always. Without hesitation.
(Besides, costs very little).
Now in case we need our backup, we will always use the last, because it will be the most complete.  Roll Eyes

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:58:26 AM

thank you gandalf86!

Honestly I don't know what kind of change mechanism the Spectre wallet uses. It says it is a hierarchical deterministic wallet, but I don't remember saving a "seed" at any point. Maybe you can go to Slack and ask your question to one of the team members.

My concern is,when i only back up the wallet.dat from the original wallet and not the one i'm staking with, that my staked coins could be lost, even if i can see the stakes on my orginal wallet...I'm not sure if this can happen, i just want to be sure.Maybe i better back up both wallet.dat files even if they show the same amount  Undecided

You can always see exactly those funds that you are able to spend. So if you original wallet shows the stakes, it can also access them perfectly.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:58:57 AM

Btw., just thought some more about the Spectre.Cash, I think they will hate it. Grin  For what I have understood, when two people use the mobile-to-mobile cash transfer (with "minted" coins or whatever they call it), it will leave no trace on the blockchain at all! So if everybody only uses this system (which may not be entirely possible, but anyway), the blockchain would not move at all, except for the staking rewards. The way to keep the cash transfer accountable with this setup is, instead of using a public ledger, having a "trust rating" and moving amounts using the "Hawala" system. So when this will finally be operable, it will be very nasty for anyone trying to monitor cash flow in his country. It's essentially electronic cash in its purest form, only transferred directly between humans.

From the website: (http://spectreproject.io/)

Spectre.cash is an Android app which will be able to act as a XSPEC node(*) and the functioning of the app can be thought of in three layers that come together to create the ability to process anonymous cash transfers. This can happen on a purely peer-to-peer basis and no server and no central database or register is needed.

We have a custom designed ‘zero-knowledge proof protocol’ that allows an instance of the app to reveal the number of successful trades it has been involved in, but without disclosing anything about those trades, and also without the possibility of the number of successful trades being falsified. Hence, once an instance of the app has been involved in some number of successful trades the trust rating on the network will increase. This will manifest for the user in the form of some value that we will set. This will be according to an algorithm that will consider a range of factors to counter any attempt to manipulate the trust rating. This allows the intermediaries who facilitate the trade to prove their trustworthiness without revealing anything about their prior trades and without revealing who they are or where they are.

Crucially, no record of the trade will remain anywhere once a trade has been completed. Any record is transient and there is no history. If you are simply a client, there will be no trace on your phone that you have ever transacted. Both a new trade request and any available intermediaries ‘announce’ anonymously through a dynamic Distributed Hash Table (DHT) that will register details of the proposed trade so that clients can find intermediaries and vice-versa. This allows the system to be totally decentralized and lets participants be totally anonymous until they mutually agree to trade within the parameters set in the app by the users. The coins will be locked in a secure escrow until the conditions of the sale has been met. This makes the system extremely resilient to any kind of ‘take down’ attempt or control by any state power. Once it’s out we don’t control it, you don’t control it, nobody does.

Holy shit, right? I wonder how many will finally get an idea of where this is heading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: