Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2018, 08:49:15 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After death  (Read 17201 times)
Xester

Activity: 812
Merit: 512

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:36:01 PM

When we die we turn into nothing. Reincarnation is nothing but a myth. When we die we lost our body and brain functions. Our memories and consciousness will be turn to nothing also since it is present in the brain. So if you ever decided to commit suicide then you are reducing yourself to the level of shit. Dying is the end of life and nothing more. This is my idea outside of Christian realm.

But I do believe that there is life after death it gives me hope that someday I will be resurrected again and join my brothers and sisters in the kingdom of our creator.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1045

Freedom&Honor

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 12:44:21 PM

When we die we turn into nothing. Reincarnation is nothing but a myth. When we die we lost our body and brain functions. Our memories and consciousness will be turn to nothing also since it is present in the brain. So if you ever decided to commit suicide then you are reducing yourself to the level of shit. Dying is the end of life and nothing more. This is my idea outside of Christian realm.

But I do believe that there is life after death it gives me hope that someday I will be resurrected again and join my brothers and sisters in the kingdom of our creator.

I have spent most of todays morning (before sleeping) reading about reincarnation

Most noteable research I found was by Ian Stevenson who researched 2500 children who claimed to have memories from their past lives

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/ian-stevensone28099s-case-for-the-afterlife-are-we-e28098skepticse28099-really-just-cynics/

It's... Hmm

It makes me wonder, but he's only one guy
I'd have to see a few more researchers in order to believe something to be valid

But it does make me wonder

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:22:08 PM

Just as there is a beginning, a starting line, a birth, likewise there is also an end, a finish line. Death is the finish line.

If this kind of thinking is embedded in the brains of all people, each person will commit suicide when he got a very big problem. Because if there was nothing after death, they would choose to die rather than face a big problem. But unfortunately, because there is a heaven and hell after death, suicide is a bad thing, and certainty for people who commit suicide is that he will go to hell, tormented for eternity.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:28:06 PM

Just as there is a beginning, a starting line, a birth, likewise there is also an end, a finish line. Death is the finish line.

If this kind of thinking is embedded in the brains of all people, each person will commit suicide when he got a very big problem. Because if there was nothing after death, they would choose to die rather than face a big problem. But unfortunately, because there is a heaven and hell after death, suicide is a bad thing, and certainty for people who commit suicide is that he will go to hell, tormented for eternity.

From your comment, one thing immediately came to mind. It's actually a twisted Japanese film - Suicide Club. That is actually the very context of the film - since we are all going to die anyway, why don't we just kill ourselves spare us all from the hurt.

gabmen

Activity: 770
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:46:48 PM

Nope I don't agree with this at all. This is assuming that people commit suicide expecting to be reborn in another life. Suicide is mostly brought by depression and when someone is depressed, I don't think the concept of life after death even comes to their mind.

dippididodaday

Activity: 391

It's personal

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:19:19 PM

If someone thinks there is nothing after death and he faces a big problem, would he not try and try again to solve the problem, and thus strive to stay alive, because he knows he will not get another chance to do so once he lays his head to rest for the last time?

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 06:36:59 PM

I have spent most of todays morning (before sleeping) reading about reincarnation

Most noteable research I found was by Ian Stevenson who researched 2500 children who claimed to have memories from their past lives

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/ian-stevensone28099s-case-for-the-afterlife-are-we-e28098skepticse28099-really-just-cynics/

It's... Hmm

I'd have to see a few more researchers in order to believe something to be valid

Genes are not explored to there full potential, so there are more than enough things we dont know. Maybe that is not reincarnation, maybe its some part memories of your ancestors...

There are also children here that reported about their previous lives which are not genetically tied to them at all

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC

Mersedes

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:31:07 PM

It's... Hmm

Genes are not explored to there full potential, so there are more than enough things we dont know. Maybe that is not reincarnation, maybe its some part memories of your ancestors...

There are also children here that reported about their previous lives which are not genetically tied to them at all
It's all hallucinations. The human brain can draw pictures that people will believe as if he could see them realistically. The way the brain. This especially affects young people. They often see in the room, who was not there and there.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 07:55:12 PM

It's... Hmm

It's all hallucinations. The human brain can draw pictures that people will believe as if he could see them realistically. The way the brain. This especially affects young people. They often see in the room, who was not there and there.

And how do they describe their deaths, interactions with other people, names, drawings, events that happened in their past lives?

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC

Klima

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:31:47 PM

It's... Hmm

And how do they describe their deaths, interactions with other people, names, drawings, events that happened in their past lives?
They describe also how you describe your dreams. The same people have been in clinical death describe your feelings. I am inclined to think that it is all imagination. Still many who are trying to capitalize on this play money.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 09:28:53 PM

I meant how does it match with actual results

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC

ekaterina77

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:44:35 PM

I meant how does it match with actual results
Actual results proving that God is not and cannot be. I agree that all the visions it's all a game of imagination. People believe what they want to believe. They are wishful thinking.
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:31:02 PM

the big question is then:
is the brain's function being the source of consciousness or its a mere transmitter of consciousness which also gives us ability to create taking into account you have a functioning vessel. has anybody heard of 21 grams that people lose the moment they die?

"between 'lives' we all have a great laugh about the parts we have performed in the 'play', and look forward to and have great fun preparing the next chapters to act out."
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:55:22 PM

I'm a little bit of a prophet.

Cool

NO

Stop, just stop. You're delusions are getting out of control.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:07:12 AM

is the brain's function being the source of consciousness or its a mere transmitter of consciousness which also gives us ability to create taking into account you have a functioning vessel. has anybody heard of 21 grams that people lose the moment they die?

That is interesting, how come it's 21 grams? just like 21 million bitcoins... there must be a connection. But seriously, there are really strange things that happen, like the DMT trip that happens as you die (apparently). I've read that the pinneal gland secretes DMT when you die. I want to try DMT myself to see what's all the fuzz about. I've heard Joe Rogan and Terrence Mckenna talking about DMT and its tempting, but I dont have any good sources.

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
,CoinPayments,
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
BADecker
Legendary

Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:43:03 AM

I'm a little bit of a prophet.

Cool

NO

Stop, just stop. You're delusions are getting out of control.

Hi, Fluffer. According to the definition of prophet at Dictionary.com, at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/prophet?s=t, you can be a prophet, too.

Cheesy
Tyrantt

Activity: 840
Merit: 527

Telegram: @Tyrantt

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:55:31 AM

Yes, but that may be a lose of breath, emptying of bowls and other air that got stuck in body... who knows but that is interesting tho.

dippididodaday

Activity: 391

It's personal

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:36:41 AM

Yes, but that may be a lose of breath, emptying of bowls and other air that got stuck in body... who knows but that is interesting tho.

A good way to test this would be to replace all the deathbeds in a testing facility type hospital with bed-like electronic scales and monitor the patients one by one as they die. Measurements of weight, perspiration, gas emissions and excretions could be taken to verify all results. If results repeat with all patients and also in a couple different testing facility hospitals then there should be a strong case for this 21-gram consciousness hypothesis. Should be an interesting experiment.
BADecker
Legendary

Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:10:53 PM

A good way to test this would be to replace all the deathbeds in a testing facility type hospital with bed-like electronic scales and monitor the patients one by one as they die. Measurements of weight, perspiration, gas emissions and excretions could be taken to verify all results. If results repeat with all patients and also in a couple different testing facility hospitals then there should be a strong case for this 21-gram consciousness hypothesis. Should be an interesting experiment.

Good idea. I suppose you have read about the one time it was done? My guess is that doctors and hospitals would be opposed to doing this because it might prove that there is such a thing as a spirit, that actually has weight. The expense would be great, because the area where each patient was kept would have to be sealed, physically. Patients are people. So, it might be difficult sealing an area and yet allowing medication to enter as necessary to keep the patient alive.

Cool
kryptqnick
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1009

DateCoin - The HOTTEST ICO

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:07:22 PM

Nobody knows what happens next, obviously. We can only be quite sure that we won't have our body anymore. I think the mind will keep living, though. Maybe, it will be just our pure thoughts and thoughts of others. In this case there won't be any specific place we are in, because without a body there is no space for us. So just thought being nowhere. Or we can have phantom bodies and not even know we died. You know, I'm thinking of the problem of us being dead but not knowing that. What if our bodies are already not real and only the mind exists and we just don't remember how we died?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.