Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:39:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317685 times)
Taranis67

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:04:08 AM

My friend Taranis67, I have a good idea: We can wait an official announcement from Mooncoin Foundation. It's very early for any conclusion. But we need to stay positive !  Smiley

The announcement has already been made.
As you have obviously been aware of this movement, can you answer my questions above?
My answer is that we can make miracles if we  collaborate all together !  Smiley  

We dont need sound bites.

I've asked you, where is The collaboration?

Trev is new dev starting today in a transparent way, he comes from cointopay.com. Please be patient , we are working to be united. Ask yourself  this : mooncoin is a decentralized project?

Ask yourself this, if "trev" changes code another team is working on, How is that going to help Moon?

I have put it to you previously, Ag, to involve the dev you said you found in the team So we all work together.

As it has been done this way, there doesn't seem to be any intention of working together.
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:06:37 AM

My friend Taranis67, I have a good idea: We can wait an official announcement from Mooncoin Foundation. It's very early for any conclusion. But we need to stay positive !  Smiley

The announcement has already been made.
As you have obviously been aware of this movement, can you answer my questions above?
My answer is that we can make miracles if we  collaborate all together !  Smiley  

We dont need sound bites.

I've asked you, where is The collaboration?

Trev is new dev starting today in a transparent way, he comes from cointopay.com. Please be patient , we are working to be united. Ask yourself  this : mooncoin is a decentralized project?

Where is the transparency?
Just a forename?
No indication of direction?
No collaboration with a team that has only recently been put together, with full transparency?
Would you call that transparency?
MoonCoinTrev

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:16:22 AM

hi Friends of MoonCoin!

Just want to get some clarity on some topics, can we collect some information.

Let me know if my summary is correct, as said I am still getting up to speed. It is not a community takeover, I am assisting Mooncoin foundation, if you have time then we can work together, don't see any issue.  Cheesy

Official site:
mooncoin.com

Essence of mooncoin foundation:
Providing a stable crypto currency:  Mooncoin is easy, reliable, transparent.
Faster than Bitcoin. Adjusted for micropayments.  Available for everyone.

Official site mentions community:
-->> this bitcoin talk thread - HI! <<---

This is the _latest_ source code released incl. cminer download and compiled wallets for windows:
https://github.com/mooncoincore/wallet/releases

Mooncoin audit script:
https://github.com/mooncoincore/moonAudit

Official mooncoin block explorer:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon/

Official exchanges are available:
"most likely bleutrade is the main exchange".
Traded for 1 satoshi BTC per mooncoin (sell), whereby 8068424344.204 MOON is available for selling on bleutrade on 2018-04-06

Mining Pools:
P2Pool link is not working, AikaPool after that and other as mentioned on website.

Community pages, and also online wallet.

Additional mentioned projects:
smart likes
moonword

Last message from other developer:
"We are now at block 1'224'349 and after block #1'250'000 your wallet will be in fork!"
We need to all upgrade mooncoin-0.10.5-complete to mooncoin-0.13.9-segwit:
Bleutrade (sent), coinexchange (is on new version) and novaexchange(please check list below), if they are using the latest sources then all fine.
https://novaexchange.com/addnodes/MOON/

who is this guy from germany:
   IP Address   Version   Subversion   Location
Germany (DE)   5.9.39.9   70002   /Mooncoin:0.10.5/   Germany (DE)
he/she from Germany using an old client/server.

Setup a lab environment, and compiling now with Linux.

Let's first get the existing baseline and stabilize what we have an then advance forward with new features, I will get back to you.  Wink

mihohil

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:50:11 AM

what is happened? mooncoin is in the centr of disscusions again
MoonCoinTrev

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:52:22 AM

Hi,

While compiling on Linux, get this:

using:
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
make

mooncoind: malloc.c:2374: sysmalloc: Assertion `(old_top == (((mbinptr) (((char *) &((av)->bins[((1) - 1) * 2])) - __builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd)))) && old_size ==                                                0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size) >= (unsigned long)((((__builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd_nextsize))+((2 *(sizeof(size_t))) - 1)) & ~((2 *(sizeof(size_t))) - 1))) &&                                                ((old_top)->size & 0x1) && ((unsigned long) old_end & pagemask) == 0)' failed.

I have never seen this before when compiling other wallet, will focus on getting the root cause of this error. It seems a serious error whereby memory has been deallocated and so is not available and so the application stops working.

@Taranis67, is it ok for you?
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:13:55 AM

Hi,

using:
make

mooncoind: malloc.c:2374: sysmalloc: Assertion `(old_top == (((mbinptr) (((char *) &((av)->bins[((1) - 1) * 2])) - __builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd)))) && old_size ==                                                0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size) >= (unsigned long)((((__builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk, fd_nextsize))+((2 *(sizeof(size_t))) - 1)) & ~((2 *(sizeof(size_t))) - 1))) &&                                                ((old_top)->size & 0x1) && ((unsigned long) old_end & pagemask) == 0)' failed.

I have never seen this before when compiling other wallet, will focus on getting the root cause of this error. It seems a serious error whereby memory has been deallocated and so is not available and so the application stops working.

I'm unsure of the urgency to looking at/changing code when that is not the main issue for Moon.
Why are you doing this alone?
agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 11:02:22 AM

Hi,

using:
make

I'm unsure of the urgency to looking at/changing code when that is not the main issue for Moon.

Exchanges, wallet services etc ask us Daemon and Linux wallet to compile faster.... why not? Grin

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:06:18 AM

Hi,

using:
make

Exchanges, wallet services etc ask us Daemon and Linux wallet to compile faster.... why not? Grin

Moon can't be spent...On anything.
Any issues with code is a symptom, not the problem..
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:17:05 AM

Hi,

using:
make

But that's the same with most cryptos, only the biggest ones can be spend.
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:29:16 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 11:50:17 AM by Taranis67

Hi,

using:
make

But that's the same with most cryptos, only the biggest ones can be spend.

If you are unaware, respectfully, that is on the verge of changing.

Moon's problems aren't in the code. It's lack of transparency, stolen coins, mistrust in the community, virtually no awareness outside of the community, dormant projects, dormant social media channels (websites, FB page etc)
Those things are in need of development.
And if we don't develop those, we get left behind. For good.

There is a reason why $MOON is at 1 Sat.
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:38:04 PM

wow.  and you wonder why ppl dont want to be a dev.

soon as one walks in the room, he gets attacked.  great job.

The code needs to work. first.  if it doesnt work.  why would anyone use it.

clean up the code.  (i like more than one team, they can check each others work)

if they both want to add x, they would post here, and we discuss and vote on direction/implementation etc.

that team works on it.  presents it, and other team dbl checks it.  (errors and what not)

sounds great to me.

i have to kill the old wallet i have.   im on paper atm anyhow.
thats my next step. (well, that and redirect my auto mining sends, whoops)

g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:54:21 PM

wow.  and you wonder why ppl dont want to be a dev.

soon as one walks in the room, he gets attacked.  great job.

Actually, I don't wonder why people don't want to become dev.

We have spent 2 months bringing together a large group of people, with a wide range of skills, to work on all aspects of Moon.

The search, and the pre notification was announced in all Moon channels, including here. The whole community knew about it.

Just as they are getting started, one person announces himself as dev to just one Moon channel with no notification nor involvement with the community.
Yes, very decentralised.

Where is the collaboration? Where is the direction?
daniel634

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:19:46 PM

i think we should let the new teams go in what ever direction they feel best to do   i have very much confidence in their  abilities and dedication to moon coin   and if anyone feels any different i am sure they would be able to volunteer their services and join the new team    i am very excited about the announcement and the the new teams that have been put together   moon coin has a new positive future and positive community and to leave the past in the past now moon coin can move forward lets see what the future brings
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:29:06 PM

taranis.  are you part of one of the new teams?

I read here often... pre notification?

theres a few ppl i skim over...  as their posts are    how to say

crazy.  maybe it was in one of those posts. i guess ill have to look.

Smiley

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

taranis.  are you part of one of the new teams?

I read here often... pre notification?

theres a few ppl i skim over...  as their posts are    how to say

crazy.  maybe it was in one of those posts. i guess ill have to look.

Smiley

8th March.
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:53:10 PM

i went back to the 7th of March. read thru til the 10th...  i see no announcement.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.5240
  (that link might not go back hm)

maybe a link to the announcement.

oh good, link worked.

Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:59:03 PM

i went back to the 7th of March. read thru til the 10th...  i see no announcement.

oh good, link worked.

Posts 5249, 5258
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:11:12 PM

oh good, link worked.

Posts 5249, 5258

5249 is not an annoucement.  thats an invite.

5258 ....is another invite.

im looking for an announcement.   like you said, it was announced here.

those 2 posts are just hoping someone shows up.
cmon.    your wanting to setup as a full on show...

An announcement would be alot more info than that.

and SAYING its an announcement.
  Hell from those statements, i thought nothing came of it, and it was dead.

Hopefully something moves forward.  but you coming back here all mad that someone else is
working on the coin too is kinda ridiculous.

(where is the direction? it wasnt here.)

(im all for dev stuff.... but it bothers me that you really think you did what you say you were going to do??)

(im not mad etc.  just smh)

now this other post was an announcement:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg34059638#msg34059638
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg33839056#msg33839056

this one, is a pre announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg33823168#msg33823168

see the difference.

2 announcements  and one pre that doesnt really announce.

the ones you mentioned are nothing.

hope im being clear. tough when your not hearing me.
g

giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:12:19 PM

also... i have no clue who Trevdev is either.

my first msg was to Mc F  to see if he really asked someone to join as Dev.

if so, i was excited.

we need more Transparency here. its a mess otherwise.

giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:14:48 PM

also...why was he asked to join would be nice to know.

curious about motivations.   i guess i could have waited for responses via pm...
but tarranis posts got the questions started.

(is it wierd i am questioning BOTH sides?) Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: