Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317684 times)
Taranis67

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:25:55 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 02:36:52 PM by Taranis67

i went back to the 7th of March. read thru til the 10th...  i see no announcement.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.5240
  (that link might not go back hm)

maybe a link to the announcement.

oh good, link worked.

Posts 5249, 5258

5249 is not an annoucement.  thats an invite.

5258 ....is another invite.

im looking for an announcement.   like you said, it was announced here.

those 2 posts are just hoping someone shows up.
cmon.    your wanting to setup as a full on show...

An announcement would be alot more info than that.

and SAYING its an announcement.
  Hell from those statements, i thought nothing came of it, and it was dead.

Hopefully something moves forward.  but you coming back here all mad that someone else is
working on the coin too is kinda ridiculous.

(where is the direction? it wasnt here.)

(im all for dev stuff.... but it bothers me that you really think you did what you say you were going to do??)

(im not mad etc.  just smh)

now this other post was an announcement:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg34059638#msg34059638
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg33839056#msg33839056

this one, is a pre announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg33823168#msg33823168

see the difference.

2 announcements  and one pre that doesnt really announce.

the ones you mentioned are nothing.

hope im being clear. tough when your not hearing me.
g

Maybe you thought it was dead because you didn't bother going to the channel and thought that this channel was the only one that mattered.

A post telling some to go to Telegram to see what was being done doesn't say anything to you? It wouldn't make you actually go there to find out?

A post asking one of the most prominent contributors in this channel to "support the effort in Telegram to build a team for all the tasks we now need to undertake (devs, programmers, marketing etc.)" wouldn't make you think something IS actually happening?

Agswinner was in full knowledge of the effort to recruit. He even asked questions on it to me.
We spoke to each other enough that I asked him to copy ANN in on the statement of the dev team announcement.

Maybe sticking to just one channel to the detriment of your knowledge of what's going on elsewhere is something worth looking at. And i say that respectfully.

I posted an (pre)"announcement" on 30th March of the Telegram announcement, and included a link to the channel.
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:27:18 PM

also...why was he asked to join would be nice to know.

curious about motivations.   i guess i could have waited for responses via pm...
but tarranis posts got the questions started.

(is it wierd i am questioning BOTH sides?) Smiley

Nothing wrong in questioning both sides. Objectivity....
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:36:30 PM

perhaps.

but i dont have a telegram.

i got a twiiter, and regret it.

This channel is the easiest for me.    If your going to announce on all channels..including this one...
but dont do it on this one..its kinda lacking! lol

-----------------------------
i have discord, its ok.  used it from the start of it.  (now its a bit...crazy to me)

i dont have time to wade thru all the good/bad posts about whatever topic im on.  tried on a coin.
  click, read 200 posts...    goto another room, read a few posts, have a discussion, go back to first room... 250 new msg's geez.

(learned quick that that room is the crazypublic room lol)

have skype.   something like 15yrs now. (goodlord)

i dont use skype much anymore...no time.  (and i like it better for the 1on1 discussions)

so many diff ways to comm.    i still like the forum setups best.
 you can go back, and read what was posted last month super easy. (like we did)

ah well. im digressing when i should be working.
g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:39:03 PM

How about this:

what is the motivation of the team(s)

ie: get the code cleaned up.
then what?

and so on.   (also which area is everyone from?)
when i say transparency... does that mean i want to know anyones real name? no.
i want discussions put up.  Transcripts would be fine, about what to do, how to do it...

and not just 1 person working on code and releasing it.   would rather have someone Checking code...
errors, etc.

Smiley

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:55:59 PM

How about this:

what is the motivation of the team(s)

ie: get the code cleaned up.
then what?

and so on.   (also which area is everyone from?)
when i say transparency... does that mean i want to know anyones real name? no.
i want discussions put up.  Transcripts would be fine, about what to do, how to do it...

and not just 1 person working on code and releasing it.   would rather have someone Checking code...
errors, etc.

Smiley

what you are calling for is exactly how the team was built.

I could go into the why it was built in the way it was but maybe that's not for now.

The fact of the matter is ANN is used very sparingly by the community but Telegram is an easy method of gaining followers, having one pinned post that everyone can see and read easily and post or PM with one click.  This makes it the channel of choice for most Cryptos looking to build numbers quickly.

I agree with your sentiments re Discord but that doesn't stop me from checking in to see what, if anything, is being discussed.

Given the lack of anyone willing to do something, one person cannot go across all channels, especially when that one person is fully engaged in many discussions with many different people in different time zones around the world. Quite a few of these discussions were carried out through the night (my time zone) and for hours on end, sometimes ending with nothing coming out of it (you can't get there till you get there).

So, giantin, this one time, go to Telegram, see how the team is made up in the pinned post and base your view on that.

Once you do that I'm more than happy to discuss any aspect of it. As I have been, day in and day out for the last 2 months.

btw, i ordinarily use Android to access the different channels, ANN is murder on a smart device. So many typos to correct.

https://t.me/joinchat/HasmPkLxNo3riOE7u5PLBA
actarus

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:06:18 PM

Where is the collaboration?

Hello everyone 🖖🏻

In my humble opinion all the news heard in this week are great news but now Mark Barry is right: we need more collaboration!
In the past few days we tweeted and re-tweeted posts about a new team with 14 people and two devs and now here I am reading about a new dev (welcome on board 😊!) but the telegram group is completely unaware of him.

I agree that things are simple and easy and we can start collaborate right now between each other but my feeling is that first of all there is a LACK of COMMUNICATION.

So please, I invite all of you to make an effort and try to cooperate all together, in order to see our beloved coin grow and grow in the next future.

Have a nice day

Luigi
Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:07:28 PM

i went back to the 7th of March. read thru til the 10th...  i see no announcement.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.5240
  (that link might not go back hm)

maybe a link to the announcement.

oh good, link worked.

Posts 5249, 5258

im looking for an announcement.   like you said, it was announced here.

g

Post 5436
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:10:11 PM

i was like..ok wth... but i click join and it doesnt do anthing

is it an app?

(im on pc at work) Wink

it is...dang

angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:15:57 PM

Back to 1 sat again, what a surprise............  There is too many questions right now with mooncoin still.  Corrupt dev and stolen coins are still an issue.
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:16:51 PM

Back to 1 sat again, what a surprise............  There is too many questions right now with mooncoin still.  Corrupt dev and stolen coins are still an issue.

and your helping how?

Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:18:04 PM

i was like..ok wth... but i click join and it doesnt do anthing

is it an app?

(im on pc at work) Wink

yes, sorry, I posted App link.

Doh.
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:18:58 PM

Right.   (that is one great thing about discord...its a webpage or an app)

lol

Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:19:36 PM

sigh...
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:20:09 PM

hm easier communication.... wonder...

Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:23:07 PM

Right.   (that is one great thing about discord...its a webpage or an app)

lol

ok, copied and pasted.

Obviously you can't now interact with it but should give you enough information....till you get to the App  Wink

Agswinner did a good job of paraphrasing it here as I announced it.

Jose
Alguien que hable español podría hablar conmigo en privado?

Mark Barryadmin
Jose
Can anyone who speaks spanish help Jose?
Jose
Ty Mark!
Suhaire
Mark  wel pin it out the latest anouncement here :grin::grin:
창수 김
bery good
William joined group via invite link

William
Jose
Dimelooooooo
KC10 joined the group

KC10
Hi Mark, what is the purpose of Mooncoin?

Luigi - Actarus
:clap:🏻:clap:🏻:clap:🏻 great job men!!!
Rosso
Is there a plan for the stolen coins

Mark Barryadmin
KC10
Hi Mark, what is the purpose of Mooncoin?
An open source, community led blockchain.
Basically, extremely fast and relatively cost free transactions, with large number of coins, allowing many micro transactions.
Rosso
Is there a plan for the stolen coins
Burn
Rosso
When will they burn

KC10
Is there an aim for real world adaptation, and is it being marketed as such?
*will it be marketed as such

Mark Barryadmin
KC10
Is there an aim for real world adaptation, and is it being marketed as such?
Yes, there are a number of projects already that haven't been worked on in a while. Some aren't big but one in particular is huge.

KC10
Awesome, great to know. Thanks for the insight :+1:

Mark Barryadmin
I have also been in discussion with interested outside parties that have offered to collaborate.
These will take time to evaluate.
Suhaire
Mark Barry
I have also been in discussion with interested outside parties that have offered to collaborate. These will take time to evaluat
Hopefully
Rosso
Mark Barry
I have also been in discussion with interested outside parties that have offered to collaborate. These will take time to evaluat
You have been very busy this a big effort

regisss
Thanks for the update mark

Mark Barryadmin
regisss
Thanks for the update mark
You're welcome.
Rosso
Thanks for bringing this all together mark

Mark Barryadmin
It'll all be worth it.
Rosso
Yes
Osvaldo Ramirez
Jose
Que tal Jose, en que te puedo ayudar
Greats news, tks Mark and all the community too
Ronald Broek
Osvaldo Ramirez
Greats news, tks Mark and all the community too
+1

Tuan Tu
Mark Barry
:crescent_moon: while we're waiting, as $Moon is worldwide and we don't know where exactly all of the community lives, share your country wit
Viet Nam
We together!!
Valera Shepelev joined group via invite link

Mark Barryadmin
Tuan Tu
Viet Nam
:v:

Arif Alvi (eBitcoin Community)
[Photo]

Abhisaar Panjwani
I hav some bought and left fr years

Andi Irawan
Mark Barry
:crescent_moon: while we're waiting, as $Moon is worldwide and we don't know where exactly all of the community lives, share your country wit
Indonesia

Arif Alvi (eBitcoin Community)
Abhisaar Panjwani
I hav some bought and left fr years
Now you don't have to wait long, Moon will be to moon soon :blush:

Mark Barryadmin
Andi Irawan
Indonesia
Hi Andi. Your work on graphics were excellent.

Andi Irawan
Mark Barry
Hi Andi. Your work on graphics were excellent.
thank you for having me, this is amazing community, lets bring moon growth
Wesley joined the group

Sycophant
Announcement: MoonCoin Reborn

Dear all, as you know, the Mooncoin project has lain dormant for some time.

The reason for this being that we relied on one Dev to carry the project through. To expect one person to build a blockchain is not realistic and for this reason, we have been stagnant for all of this year.

With this in mind, I and others have made it our mission to rejuvenate The Mooncoin Project. Over the past couple of months, we have been working behind the scenes to form a solid team that will bring Mooncoin back to life.

Firstly I'd like to thank Stan Shingler and Cristian for all the help and advice they have given me over the past three months. Their help and support have been invaluable. Without them, I couldn't have gotten anywhere near where we are now.

Here we announce the newly formed Mooncoin team. Our new team is not only made up of devs but also includes a marketing & community support as well as Social Media Team. In total, we now have a team of 14 people that have volunteered to give up their time for Moon. We will all work together as one team to deliver the projects we will announce in the future. I'm sure you'll all agree that is a substantial number.

The Dev team consists of @MichiLumin. Michi has already built the Mac wallet for Moon. During our first discussions many weeks ago we talked it over. Michi just went and did it on her own. All credit to her.

Alongside Michi we have @derekcc. Derek is well versed in our technology and bring many years experience to Moon. Stan Shingler will be out Advisor/Treasurer. Stan knows Moon's history as well as anyone and can advise all teams re the different projects.

Next, we also now have a Marketing & Community Support Team.  @Sunn3y has been helping the community with wallet issues etc. She has offered to take on this role going forward. Marketing will help devs create, test, debug as well as produce content for all media outlets.  This will include, but not limited to, graphics, video, introductions, YouTube. In this team we have @andiiraw4n, @Nguyenp (phuc), @justincawa and team leads @esdrase (Esdras) and @P_Sycophant.

To attract outside interest in Moon, we have a Social media team that will work together to drive campaigns, advise and take direction from Marketing. To build a credible case for investment, we need a broader community. The way to do this is by creating good noise. Not just any noise but by applying creative tactics to make Moon stand out from the overbearing shilling that goes on Twitter etc. The social media team is made up of @fivedaywait, money, MoonCoinRus, @visualskim and R.

The different teams will not work in isolation; we will all endeavor to form a cohesive unit, working together to bring Moon back to where it belongs. If there is the opportunity to bring someone else in that is capable of advancing the Moon project, we would welcome them.

Our real work starts now. We have to work towards the upcoming fork and see what opportunities that brings. We will deal with the 62B stolen coins. The community has voted and spoken in favour of a burn. This is one of the most significant issues and will be dealt with.

The teams will need time to settle into their roles. Some have hit the ground running and have started work already.
However, please note, all of us have real-world careers and are volunteering to work on Mooncoin. Many long days and late nights have made this happen. We will do all we can to make your investments grow and raise the Profile of Moon. We look to the community and ask you to support us too.

There is a Development Fund already in place, and we will need the community to contribute to it. We will need to reward the hard work of the teams and costs involved in the work requiring completion.
Below you will find a link to the dev fund. It will be pinned here and posted elsewhere for the community to help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MoonCoin/comments/7rvjnd/mooncoin_moon_donation_drive/

$Moon. You know where it's going.

reddit
Mooncoin (MOON) Donation Drive! • r/MoonCoin
Mooninites Unite! Your beloved lightning fast, microtransaction designed, large supply cryptocurrency is in dire need of assistance. Donations are...
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:37:53 PM

Thanks!

im 'sideloading' the app here.  see if it works. (well, gotta do some work work first..heh)

Taranis67

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:44:10 PM

Thanks!

im 'sideloading' the app here.  see if it works. (well, gotta do some work work first..heh)

I tried it on my laptop but its not as good as the app.

Good thing about the app is it's easy to read as its chronological, not in separate pages like Discord.

giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:54:34 PM

hm i just test sent 100 coins from my wallet to a paper wallet. (showed up fine)

however it didnt take the fee. at all.
(let me recheck amounts)

i selected 'take fee from amount'
then added the .001 to it.

then sent.   at the other end, it arrived 100.001
 (ofc it probably took it from the balance) but my point is...
the option box didnt work Smiley

its minor in the scheme of things. but still Wink

mihohil

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:19:40 PM

what is happening? can someone give me a link to a post with some news???
giantkin

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:22:52 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg34086160#msg34086160

same page at the top. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: