Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:13:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317678 times)
actarus

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 09:39:42 AM

It is very important for the community to update to the 0.18 version.
It was created, tested and released to solve several issues in the best interests of Mooncoin users and all investors,
also it contains MoonWord and SmartLikes, interesting features that will be just the beginning, but the community has been waiting for this beginning for several years. It is good timing to make this step.

For security reasons, it is highly recommended to use only 0.18.1version after the block 1,801,000,
but much better would be to update before the block.
How to update? Copy your wallet.dat to a SD or USB card for additional safety, after that download and open the 0.18.1.L wallet from MooncoinCommunity Github directory and let it sync. That is all you have to do to update your wallet.

Good morning everybody.
The morning, as investor, I dedicated some time to express my perplexity on the Telegram group about the double release of these days: on one hand the new 0.18 version announced here,  that includes Moonword and SmartLikes, features desired from the community since longtime, along with some "stop" for the 62B stolen coins; on the other hand the release 0.17, from the Mooncoin Core Community.
I have said there that, in my humble opinion, it should be great to work together, instead of battling, for the growth of our beloved alt coin, but today this seems impossible. Michi and Mebagger, the two devs, told me that they spend a lot of time debugging the code for security issues and fixed a lot of problems, while the new version released by Chekaz is not secure.
I am not a dev, only an investor, and I openly ask you: what I have to do? Which team I have to trust? In this moment, I am taking out all my funds from exchanges, putting them in paper wallets and I will be watching...
Many thanks for your answer.

Luigi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actarus

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 11:38:36 AM

It was created, tested and released to solve several issues in the best interests of Mooncoin users and all investors,
also it contains MoonWord and SmartLikes, interesting features that will be just the beginning, but the community has been waiting for this beginning for several years. It is good timing to make this step.

For security reasons, it is highly recommended to use only 0.18.1version after the block 1,801,000,
How to update? Copy your wallet.dat to a SD or USB card for additional safety, after that download and open the 0.18.1.L wallet from MooncoinCommunity Github directory and let it sync. That is all you have to do to update your wallet.

After a long discussion this morning with devs and administrators of Telegram Group, I am posting here the conclusions and I would like to know the thought of the bitcoin talk community on these topics:

1. The last release 0.17 fixed once and for all a lot of issues arising from 7 years of alternating development and is focused on security.
2. The community of Telegram Group - the Mooncoin Core Team - already illustrated their plans to the Bitcoin Talk Mooncoin community.
3. They are not against Moonword and Smartlikes features, but they have to be implemented after fixing all other necessary issues.
4. I have asked directly why they don't want a collaboration with you and they replied that is rather the opposite situation, that the Bitcoin Talk Mooncoin community prefers to run alone.

So I ask you: why? it shouldn't be better to gather all the forces and collaborate for a common cause? Do you think that divisions will help?

In the meanwhile I would prefer not to download any wallet until clouds are cleared.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. Have a nice day.

Luigi
polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 12:00:44 PM

After a long discussion this morning with devs and administrators of Telegram Group, I am posting here the conclusions and I would like to know the thought of the bitcoin talk community on these topics:

1. The last release 0.17 fixed once and for all a lot of issues arising from 7 years of alternating development and is focused on security.
2. The community of Telegram Group - the Mooncoin Core Team - already illustrated their plans to the Bitcoin Talk Mooncoin community.
3. They are not against Moonword and Smartlikes features, but they have to be implemented after fixing all other necessary issues.
4. I have asked directly why they don't want a collaboration with you and they replied that is rather the opposite situation, that the Bitcoin Talk Mooncoin community prefers to run alone.

So I ask you: why? it shouldn't be better to gather all the forces and collaborate for a common cause? Do you think that divisions will help?

In the meanwhile I would prefer not to download any wallet until clouds are cleared.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. Have a nice day.

Luigi

Also, I prefer a discussion between the basic members of Core Team and Bitcoin Talk Team. I believe that there is a solution for every case and issue. 

actarus

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 12:05:50 PM

Also, I prefer a discussion between the basic members of Core Team and Bitcoin Talk Team. I believe that there is a solution for every case and issue. 

Dear Polhemaros,
due to the last happenings, all the investors pretend CLARITY and TRANSPARENCY, don't you think?
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 02:02:23 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2020, 02:29:09 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

You are absolutely misinformed by Telegram.
We tried to reach the consensus. Mebagger was answering my PM, he was given an access to private repo of MooncoinCommunity Github before the release, it looked like he agreed that it should be released immediately to fix issues with 0.13 wallet, that is why I posted 'Mebagger2 and ChekaZ...',
but suddenly he stopped answering my PM at the beginning of February.

If you remember, I personally invited Mebagger to help our community in 2018, because he was a tech person, though not a blockchain expert. Polemarhos sent Mooncoincore Github credentials to him.
2 years of no progress, now it is time to make the step. ChekaZ is a blockchain expert, not only a tech person.
What I do not understand, why release outdated 0.17 now, when all services updated, why confuse people?
What for? Yes, if you spent time, it's appreciated by the community, but now it is 0.18.1.L with SmartLikes.

Edit: regarding security, if there are security issues with 0.18, obviously they could be reported and fixed.
However, it is more likely that 0.17 is less secure. Previous works, level of knowledge really matter in blockchain development.

CryptoSans

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 02:41:27 PM

0.13 and 0.18 are on the same chain, 0.17 is forked.

Anyone got addnode info for 0.17 as it disconnects all 0.13 and 0.18 peers?

Trying to make sense of things, anyway, my coins have just doubled  Grin
actarus

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 03:53:30 PM

We tried to reach the consensus. Mebagger was answering my PM, he was given an access to private repo of MooncoinCommunity Github before the release, it looked like he agreed that it should be released immediately to fix issues with 0.13 wallet, that is why I posted 'Mebagger2 and ChekaZ...',

If you remember, I personally invited Mebagger to help our community in 2018, because he was a tech person, though not a blockchain expert. Polemarhos sent Mooncoincore Github credentials to him.
2 years of no progress, now it is time to make the step. ChekaZ is a blockchain expert, not only a tech person.
What I do not understand, why release outdated 0.17 now, when all services updated, why confuse people?
What for? Yes, if you spent time, it's appreciated by the community, but now it is 0.18.1.L with SmartLikes.

Edit: regarding security, if there are security issues with 0.18, obviously they could be reported and fixed.
However, it is more likely that 0.17 is less secure. Previous works, level of knowledge really matter in blockchain development.

Thank you for your answer. People are a little bit confused in this moment. The only thing that can shed some light on this confusion is the proof that 0.18 or 0.17 versions are ok. Are these versions checked/audited by a third party?
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 04:05:55 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2020, 04:15:59 PM by ChekaZ

Thank you for your answer. People are a little bit confused in this moment. The only thing that can shed some light on this confusion is the proof that 0.18 or 0.17 versions are ok. Are these versions checked/audited by a third party?

Comment on the Code of 0.17:

- They didnt drag over the commit history of the version they have forked from.
- No clean commit history, changes can't be reviewed easily, as well as no naming of commits has been done

After looking deeper into it:

0.17 has forked from the 0.13/0.18 Blockchain and is running its own. They introduced new consensus rules without doing so via a set block height which had an instant split of the Blockchain as a consequence. 0.17 refuses connections to 0.13 & 0.18.

0.17 also completely removed the "forbidden TX" protection."

Update on 0.18.1.L

Services and pools that have upgraded to 0.18.1.L by now: ( Confirmed by them )

Exchanges:

unnamed.exchange
folgory.com

Pools:

aikapool.com
mining-dutch.nl
zpool.ca
prohashing.com

Services:

Cointopay.com

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
actarus

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 04:32:02 PM

Comment on the Code of 0.17:

- They didnt drag over the commit history of the version they have forked from.
- No clean commit history, changes can't be reviewed easily, as well as no naming of commits has been done

After looking deeper into it:

0.17 has forked from the 0.13/0.18 Blockchain and is running its own. They introduced new consensus rules without doing so via a set block height which had an instant split of the Blockchain as a consequence. 0.17 refuses connections to 0.13 & 0.18.

0.17 also completely removed the "forbidden TX" protection."

Update on 0.18.1.L

Services and pools that have upgraded to 0.18.1.L by now: ( Confirmed by them )

Exchanges:

unnamed.exchange
folgory.com

Pools:

aikapool.com
mining-dutch.nl
zpool.ca
prohashing.com

Services:

Cointopay.com

What about Altilly’s position?
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 05:24:12 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2020, 08:55:52 AM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Also https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon is on 0.18.1.

Yes, 0.18.1 was audited by Peter Bushnell, Feathercoin founder.

actarus

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 05:31:47 PM

Many thanks 😊

Look at what the lead dev Michi is saying in Telegram group, it’s a little bit hard to accept:

The statement I'm going to make is this.  With 0.17.1, I know what my motivations were. Along with @Mebagger . Our intention was to fix what was wrong with the chain. Meanwhile, ChekaZ is running around trying VERY HARD to urgently get people to upgrade to 0.18, and suddenly it gets 51%.  The block on the 62b in 0.18 is "soft", it's not an irreversible transaction like we had planned.  So if consensus wants to go with ChekaZ and 0.18 — I'll just say that maybe he's done a great job of convincing people, but in the long run, the underhanded actions to try to split things off and gain 51% — these aren't the purest of intentions. Ask yourself why.
ChekaZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 05:41:30 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2020, 06:04:43 PM by ChekaZ

Many thanks 😊

Look at what the lead dev Michi is saying in Telegram group, it’s a little bit hard to accept:

The statement I'm going to make is this.  With 0.17.1, I know what my motivations were. Along with @Mebagger . Our intention was to fix what was wrong with the chain. Meanwhile, ChekaZ is running around trying VERY HARD to urgently get people to upgrade to 0.18, and suddenly it gets 51%.  The block on the 62b in 0.18 is "soft", it's not an irreversible transaction like we had planned.  So if consensus wants to go with ChekaZ and 0.18 — I'll just say that maybe he's done a great job of convincing people, but in the long run, the underhanded actions to try to split things off and gain 51% — these aren't the purest of intentions. Ask yourself why.

I would like to write into the Telegram channel, but seems like they dont like other opinions than their own. They banned me out of there. Their argument is that 0.18.1 did split the chain is kinda funny, as 0.13 and 0.18 are going along great. They released Version 0.17.1 and it instantly forked due to introducing new consensus rules without doing so via a set block height. There is no 51% attack ongoing, the chain just split cause of their 0.17.1 release as it declines all 0.13 and 0.18 nodes.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 05:59:36 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2020, 06:36:21 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Many thanks 😊

The statement I'm going to make is this.  With 0.17.1, I know what my motivations were. Along with @Mebagger . Our intention was to fix what was wrong with the chain. Meanwhile, ChekaZ is running around trying VERY HARD to urgently get people to upgrade to 0.18, and suddenly it gets 51%.  The block on the 62b in 0.18 is "soft", it's not an irreversible transaction like we had planned.  So if consensus wants to go with ChekaZ and 0.18 — I'll just say that maybe he's done a great job of convincing people, but in the long run, the underhanded actions to try to split things off and gain 51% — these aren't the purest of intentions. Ask yourself why.

It is not possible to burn coins, which would be indeed a completely irreversible step.
We would need private keys for that. Other solutions to burn coins are untested and obviously they are very risky and could lead to blockchain collapse. And even if a safe way would be found, obviously it could be done in the future with another fork.
Moreover, some users reported that there could be legal issues with coin burn. Thus, it is necessary to protect coins as much as possible against unauthorised move, at the same time with no legal risks for a dev, and with no possible negative impact on blockchain.

To avoid 51 we need to raise network hashrate, now it is very low due to 2 years of stagnation. SmartLikes will attract investors, and hashrate will increase. That is one of reasons why we need innovations. They aim to deliver a new mindblowing crypto idea and solution, and also to increase price and hashrate, that will make MOON more secure.

polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:06:57 PM

Many thanks 😊

It is not possible to burn coins, which would be indeed a completely irreversible step.
We would need private keys for that. Other solutions to burn coins are untested and obviously they are very risky and could lead to blockchain collapse. And even if a safe way would be found, obviously it could be done in the future with another fork.
Moreover, some users reported that there could be legal issues with coin burn. Thus, it is necessary to protect coins as much as possible against unauthorised move, at the same time with no legal risks for a dev, and with no possible negative impact on blockchain.

To avoid 51 we need to raise network hashrate, now it is very low due to 2 years of stagnation. SmartLikes will attract investors, and hashrate will increase. That is one of reasons why we need innovations. They aim to deliver a new mindblowing crypto idea and solution, and also to increase price and hashrate, that will make MOON more secure.

Good afternoon. The new innovations are positive. I think that there isn't anyone to disagree with it. However, the investors (included me) need a clear path. So, we need an agreement between the different developers and teams (new wallets 0.17 and 0.18, the fork etc). Then Mooncoin will see much better days.

ChekaZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:19:56 PM

Many thanks 😊

Good afternoon. The new innovations are positive. I think that there isn't anyone to disagree with it. However, the investors (included me) need a clear path. So, we need an agreement between the different developers and teams (new wallets 0.17 and 0.18, the fork etc). Then Mooncoin will see much better days.

I got contacted because there was 2 years of nearly no progress on Mooncoin, as you maybe saw the last 0.13.9 release already featured the MoonWord, this time the upgrade was even bigger, SmartLikes is included and a new codebase got introduced and the fork got planned carefully. I tried to work with the old devs, but they refused at some point and said that they were working for such a long time now on the 0.17 release.

I did share the codebase ( 0.18.1.L ) beforehand with them, they could review it and leave comments/suggestions. They on their end, never shared the 0.17 code. As they stopped answering DMs, we decided to move ahead, lay out the plans and plan the fork accordingly. ( Yes you have to notify all Pools, Exchanges and Services that they are upgrading to a new Version which introduces a set height update). It got planned that they have about 14 days time to upgrade to it.

Most of the services were happy that they got notified and upgraded accordingly.

Now 1-2 days before the HardFork takes place, the old devs release a Version without ANY commit history. The Repository has 20 commits, the commits aren't labeld or easily reviewable. Changes werent commited properly, so the commits are just a cluster of old and new code.

Now the 0.17 version does  introduces new consensus rules, the problem is they didnt do it via a set block height, which you would normally do if you introduce something new regarding the consensus ( HardFork ). - The Problem here is that the 0.17 version instantly refuses the 0.13 & 0.18 clients which lead to a split of the Blockchain. So now there are 2 chains, the ( 0.13 + 0.18 Chain ) & the ( 0.17 ) Chain.

"Mebagger" said that his "0.17" version doesnt require a HardFork and here we go, as soon as they released it and took the clients online, the chain did split.

actarus

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:21:46 PM

Many thanks 😊

I also consider the new innovations as positive, but in this moment a collaboration between the two teams seems impossible, due to accuses and suspects from the Telegram group. In any case, I hope that in a near future administrators and devs here and there could re-start with a constructive dialogue 🤞🏻
CryptoSans

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:25:42 PM

51% of the network is on 0.13, that should be considered the main chain as it has consensus. 0.18 follows 0.13 so it is still valid. 0.17 does not follow 0.13 and is on its own chain. 0.13 and 0.18 combined make up 85% of the network, 0.17 is currently the minority with 15%, they need to update to be compatible with 0.13 again. Cannot even get 0.17 to connect at the moment.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon/#!network

I think either the 0.17 team wanted this to happen or screwed up as within a day of launch their client can no longer connect to 0.13. If they fix their client to work with 0.13 then I'd assume an honest mistake.
polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:36:41 PM

Many thanks 😊

I got contacted because there was 2 years of nearly no progress on Mooncoin, as you maybe saw the last 0.13.9 release already featured the MoonWord, this time the upgrade was even bigger, SmartLikes is included and a new codebase got introduced and the fork got planned carefully. I tried to work with the old devs, but they refused at some point and said that they were working for such a long time now on the 0.17 release.

I did share the codebase ( 0.18.1.L ) beforehand with them, they could review it and leave comments/suggestions. They on their end, never shared the 0.17 code. As they stopped answering DMs, we decided to move ahead, lay out the plans and plan the fork accordingly. ( Yes you have to notify all Pools, Exchanges and Services that they are upgrading to a new Version which introduces a set height update). It got planned that they have about 14 days time to upgrade to it.

Most of the services were happy that they got notified and upgraded accordingly.

Now 1-2 days before the HardFork takes place, the old devs release a Version without ANY commit history. The Repository has 20 commits, the commits aren't labeld or easily reviewable. Changes werent commited properly, so the commits are just a cluster of old and new code.

Now the 0.17 version does  introduces new consensus rules, the problem is they didnt do it via a set block height, which you would normally do if you introduce something new regarding the consensus ( HardFork ). - The Problem here is that the 0.17 version instantly refuses the 0.13 & 0.18 clients which lead to a split of the Blockchain. So now there are 2 chains, the ( 0.13 + 0.18 Chain ) & the ( 0.17 ) Chain.

"Mebagger" said that his "0.17" version doesnt require a HardFork and here we go, as soon as they released it and took the clients online, the chain did split.
Thank you for your answer and I appreciate your job . Also, I know that the 2 other devs (Michi and Mebagger) have worked serious about issues on Mooncoin blockchain. I have asked this dialogue from both the 2 teams. I want you to know it.

actarus

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 07:57:18 PM

Many thanks 😊

Many thanks 😊 for your great job Chekaz 🙏🏻
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 08:27:43 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2020, 10:50:32 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

To put it simple, we need only one chain, and technically it could be only 0.18 now.

Edit:  after the block 1,801,000 we can discuss the situation in detail, step by step,
all biases and misunderstanding, now we just need to securely update to 0.18.

Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: