Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:21:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317677 times)
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2020, 07:40:56 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2020, 05:48:03 AM by Mooncoin_Foundation

No, untrue.
Edit: Vassilis, a dev of 0.13.9 never was 'my' dev. Vassilis was not found by me, was not bound with a contract, any formal agreement, was not donated by me, he was a dev of the community, wanted to work with the project over long term.
Mebagger2. You confirmed that you are part of his team, or he is part of your team,
he contacted me in 2017 (his previous account was 'mebagger', without'2') and told that barrysty1e's new wallet is based on exotic and likely insecure BalloonHash instead of Scrypt, and that is not good.
The community supported mebagger's view and started to build a new 0.13.9 wallet, Scrypt-based.
Mebagger was helping Vassilis, together with other tech persons.

I just fixed today the pool mining section and the transaction issues..

we passed "key" block #1180751 with 73(?!?!?!!??!) transactions! Few more tests and tomorrow i will inform all the pools to make an update!

I must thank public @mebagger, @coinflow, @GBLASS and @Laidback!
you guys spent your time with me and your resources!

Thank you for your contribution to the Mooncoin community!

I was quite inactive then. Anyway I am not a tech person and never had an access to Mooncoin Github.
If I were a dev, then I would definitely check everything what I release in my Github. It is a big responsibility.

I am pleased to announce that I will be working with the new Mooncoin team replacing Vas to maintain and deliver new features in the mooncoin core wallet (https://github.com/mooncoincore/wallet).

However, I am not a tech person, and only can trust or not trust devs, based on their reputation, their activity, based on what the community and experts think about them. I trust ChekaZ and Peter, they reported vulnerability and fixed it.If ChekaZ would be a bad guy, he could just mine billions of MOON fast and dump them, that was the vulnerability. ChekaZ explained that we're lucky there were no attacks in Mooncoin history exploiting this vulnerability. My understanding is that otherwise block explorers would show abnormal increase of current supply.

I did not know about vulnerability before ChekaZ informed me about it in Jan, 2020, when working on SL, and he immediately suggested a solution from Peter Bushnell to fix it.
That had to be fixed fast, like Bitcoin inflation bug. If any attacker would discover the vulnerability, the Mooncoin chain would be ended very fast, with absolute losses for all holders.
Mebagger2 was contacted, it turned out that he knew about the vulnerability for months.
Peter Bushnell, a blockchain expert, Feathercoin founder and ChekaZ were happy to assist mebagger2.
Was it not collaboration?

I got contacted because there was 2 years of nearly no progress on Mooncoin, as you maybe saw the last 0.13.9 release already featured the MoonWord, this time the upgrade was even bigger, SmartLikes is included and a new codebase got introduced and the fork got planned carefully. I tried to work with the old devs, but they refused at some point and said that they were working for such a long time now on the 0.17 release.

I did share the codebase ( 0.18.1.L ) beforehand with them, they could review it and leave comments/suggestions. They on their end, never shared the 0.17 code. As they stopped answering DMs, we decided to move ahead, lay out the plans and plan the fork accordingly. ( Yes you have to notify all Pools, Exchanges and Services that they are upgrading to a new Version which introduces a set height update). It got planned that they have about 14 days time to upgrade to it.

Most of the services were happy that they got notified and upgraded accordingly.

Now 1-2 days before the HardFork takes place, the old devs release a Version without ANY commit history. The Repository has 20 commits, the commits aren't labeld or easily reviewable. Changes werent commited properly, so the commits are just a cluster of old and new code.

Peter and ChekaZ insisted on their safe solution, without a chain split.

0.18.1 does validate the new Blocks but lacks of historical validation as this would have lead to a fork. - 0.17 did this and forked away alone as it wasnt compatible with the previous version 0.13.9.

Historical validation should be added to 0.18.1 but wasnt directly necessary or doable without breaking the consensus instantly. Validation has been restored on the 0.18.1 Client and a fully validating 0.18.1 version can be released.

As how it looks of now, the developers of 0.17 mined alone on the " mebagger.webhop.net" pool, rented hashrate and tried to over-mine the pools/miners on 0.18 - They've rented up to 1TH/s to be the chain with the most chainwork and did a chain-reorg ( invalidated the last 10k~ blocks ).

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Taranis67

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 08:06:10 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2020, 08:18:22 PM by Taranis67

No, untrue. I have no direct connection to 0.13.9 wallet.
Mebagger2. You confirmed that you are part of his team, or he is part of your team,
he contacted me in 2017 and told that barrysty1e's new wallet is not good, not Scrypt etc.
The community supported mebagger's view and started to build a new wallet.
Mebagger2 was working on it, helping Vassilis.
I was quite inactive then. Anyway I am not a tech person and never had an access to Mooncoin Github.
If I were a dev, then I would definitely check everything what I release in my Github. It is a big responsibility.
However, I am not a tech person, and only can trust or not trust devs, based on their reputation, their activity, based on what the community and experts think about them. I trust ChekaZ and Peter, they reported vulnerability and fixed it.If ChekaZ would be a bad guy, he could just mine billions of MOON fast and dump them, that was the vulnerability.
I explained everything, but still have no explanation why the vulnerability was not discovered and/or fixed during 2 years. It is a red flag for me, with all respect to  MooncoinCore team.

You have never given respect to our team. Not one offer of support in all our time together.   In fact, I'd go as far as to say you saw us as a competitor.

0.13.9 has nothing whatsoever to do with our team. The dev that you announced First is responsible for 0.13.9.

You are acting as a CEO, taking unilateral decisions and having them implemented on your say so. Development doesn't just mean working on code, a blockchain's development covers aspects such as marketing, Web development, community engagement, finding future projects, etc.

Vulnerability WAS found, I've stated that already, amd was shown and explained above re CE. Hence the long period where coding was done and redone to iron out issues right back to the beginning of the blockchain.

So now you need to explain to the community what steps you are going to take to ensure all blocked coins are returned to their owners.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2020, 09:18:20 PM

No, I never thought about you as a competitor. We think different, we live in different worlds.
All this stuff is not for me.  I do not want to be CEO of Mooncoin, and it is not possible technically in a decentralised project. 
First, we should see a normal research about locked transactions.

mebagger2

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 06:34:14 AM

So, I guess I should chime in here. I thought we were working on creating a wallet of version .18.5 which would offer mooncoin users security and new features like MLikes and Moonword. I just wanted to take a minute to summarize where we are currently.

https://github.com/mooncoincore/wallet/releases/tag/0.13.9-segwit-b257fcd --> This version is insecure

chain v.18
https://github.com/MooncoinCommunity/wallet  --> This version is insecure but has features like MLikes and Moonword that user mooncoin_foundation has paid for and wants to be included in a wallet

chain v.17
https://github.com/mooncoincore/wallet/tree/v0.17.1.0  --> this version validates the full blockchain and purges the network of invalid blocks

As agreed we began work on creating a .18.5 wallet. While checking the compatibility of .17 and .18 wallets we discovered the Michi's wallet was marked as a bad transaction and that this could be affecting any number of other users including paper wallets. This caused another fork between the .17 and .18 chains. Michi has been attempting to explain why 'locked transactions' is not a good idea. The user mooncoin_foundation has been refusing to acknowledge this and it is delaying forward progress. Michi has suggested a Miner Activated Soft Fork or User Activated Soft Fork which burns the coins on the chain. If the user mooncoin_foundation would agree to a MASF or UASF we could resolve this chain split by moving the mining pools to the .17 wallet and abandoning the .18 chain. And we could then secure the .18.5 wallet and include the MLikes, Moonword, and a MASF or UASF to do the burn and exclude the 'locking'. Are you user moncoin_foundation simply refusing to move forward without 'locking' and refusing to agree to a burn? I'm honestly just trying to understand why we are currently in a delay at this point. Is there no way that you will accept or agree to a .18.5 wallet that does a MASF or UASF  burn instead of a 'lock'?

Here are some corrections and clarifications it seems there are some users that think just because this thread has a history repeating a lie makes it true.

Firstly, I thought our team was inclusive of all of us, Taranis67, agswinner, and the user mooncoin_foundation (By assuming Taranis67 communication was received through agswinner as neither Taranis67 nor user mooncoin_foundation would speak directly to the other. As the user mooncoin_foundation has a history of sending inflammatory private and or public messages to others (including me) and Taranis67 had his limit of them). The user mooncoin_foundation even promised a code review before releasing .18 (which never happened, the code was released publicly and I was given a link to that public code). That is until the user mooncoin_foundation released a wallet and convinced all the mining pools to use the .18 wallet without any review or agreement from anyone.

No, you ignored my several questions. For example,
is mebagger2 part of your team or not?
Did you plan to burn 62 B coins and how exactly?

Everyone knows Mebagger is part of our team. For clarity, it's not MY team, I am part of Mebagger's team, of Michi's team, of the other members' team just as they are part of my team. We in this together, nothing is done by an individual, we use real consensus to go forward.

And yes, we do/did have plans to burn the 62B, everyone is aware of that, specifically stated to Agswinner on numerous occasions.

The how was to be sorted AFTER we finished the work on the wallet as part of long ranging plans. We did discuss the way it could be done, again Agswinner was made fully aware.

You know this is not true. At best it's a stretch. As I recall you had a wallet from James which I think is also barry and in this wallet was something no-one heard of, ballon hash. Something happen between you two and barry (AKA James) left the project. You didn't know what to do and hired Vas (who didn't make that wallet but to this day is blamed) to compile and release this wallet. I did some research into this ballon hash and found where he got this source code. In the creators release notes were numerous warnings about being an alpha release and the creator of that hash advised people to not use this code as it is likely insecure. So I guess I was at lease in part the reason we are still using scrypt and not ballon hash. But I never claimed to have vetted all the code in that wallet. I didn't build that wallet. I didn't release that wallet. I did help Vas debug some issues he was working on by providing debug logs. I assumed that Vas was vetting the code, but I'm now willing to bet that the user mooncoin_foundation paid him and instructed him to simply compile the code and release it.
However, if coins of innocent members were locked in 0.13.9, this wallet was during 2 years in your hands, it is at MooncoinCore Github. This wallet was built with help of mebagger2, by Vassilis.

This is a stretch as well. I had in the past PM'ed the user mooncoin_foundation to let him know some of the delays were due to attempts to get code signing certificates because all the code signers I could find and knew about required a company or corporate structure that could be verified to issue certificates. I was not familiar with that Russian site which issues some sort of user-level code signing certificate, but I am now.
We were investigating PoS but had no intention of just wildly building and releasing it. It was at the investigation stage that is what I said.
Mebagger also told me in PM that you wanted to start a company behind Mooncoin and also move Mooncoin to Proof-of-Stake model. When do you plan to do it exactly?

I thought we were moving forward not playing the blame game. I'm not blaming you for the 3 years in which you the user mooncoin_foundation were paying to have wallets released with these vulnerabilities (these issues are not specific to .13). The user mooncoin_foundation had six years to fix these issues and when our team was ready to fix these issues. The user mooncoin_foundation took action to delay our release so that he could release a wallet with the appearance of security while not actually having any. This is concerning but we are still attempting to move forward with you.
I explained everything, but still have no explanation why the vulnerability was not discovered and/or fixed during 2 years. It is a red flag, with all respect to  MooncoinCore team.

I think you are missing the point here. "locked transaction" is not a proper solution. Michi has suggested a Miner Activated Soft Fork or User Activated Soft Fork which burns the coins on the chain. This is how coin burns work they are sent to a wallet that cannot be spent as no one has the keys to it.

Um, as the coins have never been locked because the wallet is not secure the .17 wallet didn't unlock a single thing. Are you concerned Vas is going to spend or move the coins for some reason? Because I got the impression from Agswinner that no one wanted the burn to happen until some legal issue is complete sometime this summer, I mean everything has been unlocked for two years and you all have had physical access to the wallet and nothing moved.
No, untrue. There was and is consensus to block these coins.
Research history of this forum.
There was no consensus to unlock them, like it was done in 0.17.
What if coins would be dumped before you would find a solution to burn them (I doubt it is possible technically without a private key, several experts were asked a question about it). Who would be responsible? Devs of 0.17, or you personally?

Edit: okay, if you don't trust this forum, ask at your Telegram channel, whether people want to see these coins locked or unlocked. If they vote to unlock them, they can be unlocked in a new update, but then don't accuse us if they are dumped, also we can remove SmartLikes from the release (Michi said something against it), but then don't ask me where Smart Likes are. What was promised was done, now I am calm and you can go without Smart Likes, if consensus does not accept them.

This is an outright lie. Nuff said.
Also the addresses & code got sent to Mebagger, he reviewed it before the code was published & didnt have any comments on the blocked tx'es/addresses.

As I recall when this locking was done initially there were a bunch of people complaining about losing coins but maybe that was some general complaint about an exchange or something.
During several years no one reported that his or her address was blocked due to protection. It is very strange.

Taranis67

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 08:12:05 AM

Mooncoiners need lucidity in the community, for more than 2 years the telegram group mooncoineco only serves for gossip and lies. I don't need to list too many facts, I will mention just 3 facts that already show how wrong the telegram group's attitude is against the pioneers of the ANN currency.

#The absolute majority of the 62B was owned by Mooncoin ANN veterans, all of whom are in favor of burning these coins.

#Vasillis was able to give security to the community by being able to lock the coin in an address, keeping them away from people with bad intentions. Even so, he was slandered to the point of leaving the community.

#ANN pioneers managed to correct several flaws thanks to Chekaz's new 0.18 wallet (the 0.17 wallet took so long to be ready and there was no correction of critical flaws, this posture is very doubtful)

Anyone who still has doubts, just start comparing the facts presented in the ANN Mooncoin with the information without facts presented in the mooncoineco telegram.
What makes a person spend years trying to manipulate and 'own' a decentralized currency through lies and gossip? Since you disagree so much with ANN pioneers, it would be wiser to use your time to create a new currency and develop projects based on it. For years there are thousands of cryptocoins, I have already invested in several that I ended up selling for not agreeing with the community or for seeing that the currency has no future. You have already spent more than 2 years trying to transform ANN members into Mexican soap opera characters, how much more time are you willing to waste?

It is evident that most Mooncoiners credit ANN pioneers, and not a telegram group who spends his life conspiring. Want proof? At the time of this posting 54.5% of Mooncoin users are using the 0.18 wallet as recommended by pioneering ANNs, 31.8% have not yet upgraded and still use the old 0.13 wallet and only 13.6% were innocent and uninformed to point of installing version 0.17.

This response is so pitiful it doesn't warrant an answer.

All it does is to serve my point that a very small group see themselves as gatekeepers in Mooncoin and anyone else attempting progress is seen as a competitor.

You confirmed my point.
Taranis67

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 08:25:38 AM

No, I never thought about you as a competitor. We think different, we live in different worlds.
All this stuff is not for me.  I do not want to be CEO of Mooncoin, and it is not possible technically in a decentralised project. 

The community expects full disclosure.

Who instructed the blocking of 1,500 transactions, who carried it out, what exactly will be done to bring those coins back to their rightful owners.

And it must be done immediately.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2020, 09:04:42 AM

Why so immediately?
Even without a research?
Your team first accused me that I am just a name, then that I am responsible for six years of Mooncoin development.
The truth is that the community invited devs and community members donated money for their work and some members participated in their work, not only from Bitcointalk community.
Devs were different. Barrysty1e was quite an independent dev, and was close to Discord community.
Vassilis also collaborated with Discord community, not only with Bitcointalk. He also had his own opinion and did not burn 62B how it was instructed by the community. My understanding that only he has an access to the wallet with 62B. He posted and confirmed that this is his address. How do you think, if he was so shocked that stopped development after receiving 62B, would he give an access to his wallet to someone else?

I never instructed to lock 1,500 transactions. It is a technical question, and I am not a tech person.
Discuss tech question with tech people. Whether 0.18 secure or not. If Peter Bushnell, Feathercoin founder believes it is secure, why should I trust you and not him?

I only know that in the first half of 2018 Vassilis sent Github credentials to polemarhos and he sent them to Mebagger2. Mebagger2 is part of MooncoinCore team, 0.13.9 is at MooncoinCore Github. People have been using it for 2 years. Who is responsible for issues with the wallet? Me, not a tech person, or devs who keep a wallet at their Github and they said they worked hard all these 2 years how to improve this wallet.
However, the fact is that in Feb, 2020 the 0.13.9 wallet which pools, exchanges, users used, and which was under control of MooncoinCore team since 2018, had a big vulnerability with validatiom, which allowed an attacker to mine blocks fast with low difficulty,
to mine billions of MOON in a very short period of time. You told you knew about it, but you did not fix it till Feb, 2020.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2020, 09:22:24 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2020, 06:31:58 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Edit:
SmartLikes could move Mooncoin to top coins over long term, would raise network hashrate significantly.
However, Michi said against it, Mebagger did not implement it (a detailed description of SL algo was sent to him in my PM on Jun, 11, 2018).
You don't understand it. For you it is just a 'feature'.
I was thinking on it during several years, beginning from the idea of ML ('Moonlite'). That was a dream that it could replace monetary interests with non-monetary,'likes'-based, Mooncoin for Mooncoin, even if there are no active markets at exchanges. Look at Mooncoin markets, now after 2 years of stagnation it's good if there is $100 volume per day. Which 'pump signal', or 'monetary interests' like you accused? To earn $1,000?
And it is a new tech, and of course theoretically there can be some issues with that, it's normal for something new. With a normal approach, that all could be developed and fixed.
It was implemented into the 0.18.1code by Peter Bushnell.
Not everyone can see its potential and how to use it in a proper way.
The community was waiting for the technology since 2017, there were numerous requests.

As for 12  billion from Dec, 2014 thefts, the consensus to lock these coins was much earlier than the consensus to lock 62b, in 2016. The thefts were significant, exchanges were informed about them, a dev  of Mooncoin in 2014 (peme) reported he had lost all his coins and left development after that, other known and trusted persons lost their coins, thefts affected their lives seriously. That would be extremely unfair to let a hacker to sell these coins and benefit at expense of victims. It was not just a 'whim' when people decided to block these coins when there was a chance in 2016. That indicated to hackers that the community would fight with them. There never was a consensus to unlock these coins, but they are unlocked in mebagger2's 0.17 release.

About Michi's locked transaction:

It was locked in 0.13.9 (which was based on barrysty1e's 0.13.3) and was released in 2017, before Michi came as a dev. Someone sent 1 Mooncoin to many addresses in this transaction. One of recepients was an address which was not legitimate. My understanding is that Mooncoin dev included this transaction (by mistake) when looking for
how to lock addresses with stolen funds, and some legitimate addresses could be affected.
No one instructed any dev to lock transactions, it'a tech question, a dev who codes finds a way how to freeze given addresses (reported by victims) technically. While the protection was in place, I asked available devs (including Mebagger) to review the code and no one reported that there was anything wrong with locked addresses.
However, the 0.13.9 code is open source and transparent, it is in MooncoinCore Github where mebagger2 released 0.17.
If MooncoinCore devs claim they are official and worked during 2 years, is it possible that they just did not read the 0.13.9 code and did not see which transactions/addresses were locked? If they did, then they knew about locked transactions, but then why accuse me that they were locked suddenly in a new 0.18 as a 'vindicative action' or as a 'whim'? It's all not about 'competition', it's about the truth. To discredit someone with false accusations is extremely unfair, and if it is just misunderstanding, why not correct your statements at least when the truth became evident? Accusations remain in the forum's history and people will read them  and think they are true if they don't have enough time for reading the whole story and making a research.

The new protection was based on the old 0.13.9 protection which can be seen here:

Here's the list in 0.13.

https://github.com/MooncoinCommunity/wallet/blob/0.13.9.1-segwit/src/main.cpp#L1160

New list in 0.18.

https://github.com/MooncoinCommunity/wallet/blob/0.18/src/validation.cpp#L573

The list of blocked TXs based on the addresses given.

@mebagger2:
Didn't want to answer it, you posted it emotionally and I hoped you would just delete it,
that didn't happen,
not to leave false statements in the forum's history being not answered:

This is an outright lie. Nuff said.
Also the addresses & code got sent to Mebagger, he reviewed it before the code was published & didnt have any comments on the blocked tx'es/addresses.
Here is a print screen, provided by ChekaZ:
https://i.imgur.com/Dt9pCNF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Firstly, I thought our team was inclusive of all of us, Taranis67, agswinner, and the user mooncoin_foundation (By assuming Taranis67 communication was received through agswinner as neither Taranis67 nor user mooncoin_foundation would speak directly to the other. As the user mooncoin_foundation has a history of sending inflammatory private and or public messages to others (including me) and Taranis67 had his limit of them).
It's not true. In your PM sent to me on January 29, 2020 when I contacted you to collaborate with fix of vulnerability you asked me a question why I'm not in Marks (Taranis) team.
I still don't understand why you don't just join Marks team.

I never was part of any team. There is Bitcointalk community, there is no Bitcointalk team. Competing teams is a myth.

If you or Taranis quote even one my message, which is so inappropriate that could be mentioned as a real reason for not answering and not communicating, I will send all my mooncoins to your dev fund or to a burn address.

I thought we were moving forward not playing the blame game. I'm not blaming you for the 3 years in which you the user mooncoin_foundation were paying to have wallets released with these vulnerabilities (these issues are not specific to .13). The user mooncoin_foundation had six years to fix these issues and when our team was ready to fix these issues. The user mooncoin_foundation took action to delay our release so that he could release a wallet with the appearance of security while not actually having any.
It's not me who started the blame game.
You posted that I delayed your release, to compete or to release an insecure wallet?
By the way, I din't code and didn't release anything and didn't have an access to any Mooncoin Github.
Why would we just need you on board  at all, if we wanted to do that?
You really delayed the release first with asking for SL stress tests, then with irrational disagreement with the safe solution from blockchain expert Peter Bushnell, then just with not answering.  Taking into account that so serious vulnerability had to be fixed immediately.
I said to you:
After this update you will continue, and I will be calm and will not focus on wallet updates.
We can discuss all points to reach consensus. You are not only part of Taranis new team, but also part of this community since 2014.

You did not answer my message from Feb, 6:
Does Taranis know about the vulnerability? Would there be any discord from his side, or he understands the situation?
the fork block was moved to Feb, 22 from Feb, 17, ChekaZ recompiled Mac, Windows, Linux binaries with a new fork block, waiting for you, after that we could not delay any longer the vulnerability fix. No one from your team contacted me after this message and until the end of February when the flow of accusations came.
ChekaZ posted that you did not show your 0.17 code before the release, and you did not inform me about what it would contain. That is one of reasons why it was not possible to build anything on 0.17, another reason  was that you suggested unsafe solution to fix the vulnerability, with a split of chain.
I did share the codebase ( 0.18.1.L ) beforehand with them, they could review it and leave comments/suggestions. They on their end, never shared the 0.17 code. As they stopped answering DMs, we decided to move ahead, lay out the plans and plan the fork accordingly.

Most of the services were happy that they got notified and upgraded accordingly.

Now 1-2 days before the HardFork takes place, the old devs release a Version without ANY commit history. The Repository has 20 commits, the commits aren't labeld or easily reviewable. Changes werent commited properly, so the commits are just a cluster of old and new code.

Now the 0.17 version does  introduces new consensus rules, the problem is they didnt do it via a set block height, which you would normally do if you introduce something new regarding the consensus ( HardFork ). - The Problem here is that the 0.17 version instantly refuses the 0.13 & 0.18 clients which lead to a split of the Blockchain. So now there are 2 chains, the ( 0.13 + 0.18 Chain ) & the ( 0.17 ) Chain.

I did not know about the vulnerability before ChekaZ told me about it in late Jan, 2020
Also biggest issue:

( Security Flaw!!! )

ChekaZ started to work in September, 2019, on optional wallet, released MoonWord in November
MoonWord has been released under Version 0.13.9.1
started to work on SmartLikes, was posting updates at Bitcointalk and at other channels, he told even Telegram community initially was glad to have him on board. You did not inform  me about vulnerability, I didn't know about it before ChekaZ informed me, it's unfair to blame me for not fixing it before. Moreover, you know that you asked to make additional stress tests for Smart Likes and that delayed the release. The 0.18 release was not mine, it was prepared by ChekaZ and Peter Bushnell (who consulted hundreds of forks), I did not give instructions how to fix the vulnerability, it was their initiative that the vulnerability had to be fixed fast and with their 2 step solution, not to split the chain.
My understanding is that you did not like the fact that those experts did not approve your solution which you discussed with ChekaZ, and that you wanted to deliver finally your wallet, while Taranis thought in terms of 'competition' and  did not accept that it would look like your team after 2 years did not provide the secure wallet, while other devs did it. Meanwhile we were waiting for your 'green light' for 0.18.1
Finally after several days of silence from you we decided to make a step, the vulnerability had to be fixed immediately and with a safe solution, recommended by the expert.

I'll ask if he would be up for it. - I say again this is urgent and I dont think without a valid reason we should postpone that release.

I'll join their discord and try to talk with them today, if it doesnt get set today, we probably would need to increase the fork height as its getting tighter each day.

We dont know what their version includes. They didnt share code. -
Thats not true, their Version also requires a HardFork, they just didnt plan it. So if they release their version and not 100% of the network upgrades instantly, the network will just HardFork on its own. With out Version, we've set a HardFork Block, so 0.13.9 is supported UNTIL the HardFork block and will be rejected afterwards. Theirs is just super risky and will most likely leave a chainsplit, if not even kill the Mooncoin blockchain.

You say that 0.18 is insecure, but you understand that there is 2 step solution, not to split the chain.
I've also recommended to to Chekaz that historical validation be restored in the 0.18 release once validation has been restored, then 0.18 will be a fully validating release as it should be, this could not be done from the outset or consensus would break at some point as demonstrated by 0.17.
It was recommended by widely known and trusted expert Peter Bushnell, Feathercoin founder, normally anyone looking for collaboration would just agree with the expert, and if there are other minor issues, discovered by you, why not report them? The 2 step solution (1st step, restoring validation with the fork block to let people safely update, 2nd step restoring historical validation without split of chain) turned out to be ideal target for accusations, as soon as the 1st step is done it is so easy and effective to accuse that the version is 'insecure', 'incomplete', while another version is fully secure (with a split of chain though).
0.13 and 0.18 are on the same chain, 0.17 is forked.
It's unfair to accuse 0.18 of all this mess and discredit everyone who was involved with it in eyes of crypto community. If you wanted your 0.17 release, you could just discuss it with us, to show it to ChekaZ, transparently inform  what it will contain, announce it at Bitcointalk, everything could be solved via dialogue.
0.17 was on a separate chain before March, 1, when at your pool 100 times more than regular hashrate was used to make 0.17 a main chain, without this action the 0.17 would remain insecure, on a separate chain.
As how it looks of now, the developers of 0.17 mined alone on the " mebagger.webhop.net" pool, rented hashrate and tried to over-mine the pools/miners on 0.18 - They've rented up to 1TH/s to be the chain with the most chainwork and did a chain-reorg ( invalidated the last 10k~ blocks ).
https://i.imgur.com/uJVhR8i_d.jpg?maxwidth=5000

Because I got the impression from Agswinner that no one wanted the burn to happen until some legal issue is complete sometime this summer, I mean everything has been unlocked for two years and you all have had physical access to the wallet and nothing moved.
How could it be possible even in the theory that 'we all have had physical access to the wallet' of Vassilis? Do you realize that we live in different countries, don't know each other in real life? Only polemarhos met Vassilis in real life, how could we all get a physical access to the wallet in question, even if imagine that we all would live in the same town?

So I guess I was at lease in part the reason we are still using scrypt and not ballon hash. But I never claimed to have vetted all the code in that wallet. I didn't build that wallet. I didn't release that wallet. I did help Vas debug some issues he was working on by providing debug logs. I assumed that Vas was vetting the code, but I'm now willing to bet that the user mooncoin_foundation paid him and instructed him to simply compile the code and release it.
I never said you built or released the 0.13 wallet. I said you were the reason barrysty1e's wallet with Balloon hash was not used and that you helped Vassilis. Only you andVassilis could know details of your collaboration. You said your contribution in 2017 was small. But when you replaced Vassilis about 2 years ago, in 2018, took over his Github with 0.13.9, was it not important for you to audit the code? We all were using this insecure wallet till Feb, 2020.  We all were not coders and were sure you're working, caring about it and we just trusted you.
I am pleased to announce that I will be working with the new Mooncoin team replacing Vas to maintain and deliver new features in the mooncoin core wallet (https://github.com/mooncoincore/wallet).

And even before, from my PMs sent to your previous account 'mebagger':
I'm not a coder unfortunately, just an investor.
Are you able to analyze the code to find possible vulnerabilities if any?
can you please cite all Mooncoin addresses which are unspendable in the new release, and the part of the code?
Thank you!

You answered:
2) warp sync - can it have potential vulnerabilities, if not, why didn't Satoshi implement this simple solution to sync faster?
Not that I can see. Looking at the code it simply speeds up the syncing process if you have less blocks than 1112500 and spot checks the pow on those blocks. Once the download is complete you can always rescan the blockchain in full on disk. Network operations just happen faster when you can transfer larger chuncks of data at a time. I have sync'ed the client from scratch a few times now. It is considerably faster than before.

The code I have reviewed looks fine James commented the code well and it's readable. It is based on the newer version of litecoin's code base so it should be more secure than the older version of the mooncoin wallet.

I also asked Vassilis to audit the code:
from my PM to polemarhos888:
Hello,
yesterday I've sent a PM to Vasillis, to help with analyzing of barry's new release for possible vulnerabilities.

And in 2018 a dev, recommended by Cointopay (MoonCoinTrev) was invited to audit 0.13.9 after known events, unfortunately, the initiative was blocked by Telegram group, the dev refused to work after their accusations:
Moon's problems aren't in the code.

Why is a dev introducing himself with no background, a shortened forename and no explanation?

I'll ask again, is MF trying to undermine Moon?

I mentioned your contribution not to blame you or anyone. Before the tragic event with 62 B  it was one of the best periods in Mooncoin history when a dev and Mooncoin community  worked together.
The point was that 0.13.9 was a community thing, not only a dev thing. Someone found Vassilis, some members helped him with issues, someone was auditing the code, other people donated money to Vassilis. Not to blame Vassilis, either, but it is not fair to blame non tech members who donate money to devs and teams that they are responsible for their code after that.  
Vassilis and 0.13.9 were blamed for broken protection, but first move from 'frozen' addresses happened on March, 2017, months before Vassilis came. And why barrysty1e is blamed, if he did what he could. No one knows everything in crypto. And if there were no protection, coins could be moved as well.

About coin lock in 0.18, my understanding that coin burn without a private key would require a fork anyway, it means that coin lock never competes with coin burn (one who makes coin burn, easily removes coin lock in the release) coin lock just adds 'better than nothing' protection not to leave coins completely unprotected.  I thought we discussed it before the release, but you posted that you didn't understand why coin lock instead of coin burn.
From my PMs to you about coin lock:
It is possible to freeze coins if the owner of address will not organise 51 attack to hack the protection.
One more feature which is present in ChekaZ release, the 1st address will be frozen, I understand that this solution is not 100%, but it is better than nothing.
I now see that I didn't mention 2 other addresses from 2014, but my understanding was it's known as they went from previous versions, without saying, nothing new, while the 1st address was in question.

On Jun, 11, 2018 I have sent to you a detailed description of SmartLikes technology to implement it.
After more than 1 year passed and there were no results, we started to think about whether to invite someone else, you said that you didn't mind:
If you have a Dev that has proposed solutions to all this I'm more than happy to review the code and test it out.

Why I did not contact Michi, my understanding was that she was involved with Dogecoin and simply had no time to code Mooncoin wallet, that you are the only relevant person, anyway I thought that if Michi was involved, she would know from you about our collaboration.
I was thinking that she was not involved any longer,  at least not involved actively, I asked Michi in March, 2018 (after she compiled a Mac wallet) whether she would like to be a lead dev, if the community would agree,
Hello, Michi.
Thank you for your efforts.
Do you agree to become a leading dev for Mooncoin (if the community agrees)?
No one minded, and in 2018 it looked like Michi was onboard, but there were no  messages from Michi since 2018, no single post at Bitcointalk, before these events,
that made me think that she just had no time to work with the project.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31799;sa=showPosts
No posts between 2015 and March, 2020.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1938927;sa=showPosts
Only 2 posts in March, 2018.

In my post above and before I have stated there were a number of vulnerabilities. WE fixed the CE issue. WE found out what had happened by our own volition and WE added that to the list of work that had to be done to fix ALL issues. All the while you offered no support whatsoever. Noone in ANN offered any support whatsoever.  

No support? Coinexchange issue was not about the vulnerability with validation. It was a double spend while the hashrate was very low due to long stagnation with development. The fix of issue which you mentioned was the initiative of compensating (by agswinner) lost millions of MOON to Coinexchange for re-enabling Mooncoin wallet, deposits and withdrawals.
It is right to continue the dialogue with coinexchange, maybe they give us a discount. I do not remember if they have listed MOON, at that time, for Free. To be able to move on, i can donate 200M.
But you did help by contacting them and reducing the number of coins to pay. I thanked you for that and asked members about donations to your team.

My PM to Taranis (2018)
Hi, first of all thank you for your communication with CE.
All good things which you do for the MOON project and for MOON investors will be appreciated.
If they really agreed on 180M, it's a good news. 10-15 percent of saved amount could be donated to you for your help in this case. Please send their Mooncoin address to agswinner, and if you'd like you could publish your MOON address in your signature.

On  April, 2 in 2018 mebagger2 asked my opinion about your group, probably deciding to join you or not, and I told him that I didn't know you, however, Mooncoin was decentralised and any team was welcome until it did good things.

Taranis67

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 09:31:53 AM

Why so immediately?
Even without a research?
Your team first accused me that I am just a name, then that I am responsible for six years of Mooncoin development.
The truth is that the community invited devs and community members donated money for their work and some members participated in their work, not only from Bitcointalk community.
Devs were different. Barrysty1e was quite an independent dev, and was close to Discord community.
Vassilis also collaborated with Discord community, not only with Bitcointalk. He also had his own opinion and did not burn 62B how it was instructed by the community. My understanding that only he has an access to the wallet with 62B. He posted and confirmed that this is his address. How do you think, if he was so shocked that stopped development after receiving 62B, would he give an access to his wallet to someone else?

I never instructed to lock 1,500 transactions. It is a technical question, and I am not a tech person.
Discuss tech question with tech people. Whether 0.18 secure or not. If Peter Bushnell, Feathercoin founder believes it is secure, why should I trust you and not him?

I only know that in the first half of 2018 Vassilis sent Github credentials to polemarhos and he sent them to Mebagger2. Mebagger2 is part of MooncoinCore team, 0.13.9 is at MooncoinCore Github. People have been using it for 2 years. Who is responsible for issues with the wallet? Me, not a tech person, or devs who keep a wallet at their Github and they said they worked hard all these 2 years how to improve this wallet.
However, the fact is that in Feb, 2020 the 0.13.9 wallet which pools, exchanges, users used, and which was under control of MooncoinCore team since 2018, had a big vulnerability with validatiom, which allowed an attacker to mine blocks fast with low difficulty,
to mine billions of MOON in a very short period of time. You told you knew about it, but you did not fix it till Feb, 2020.

Taranis67

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 09:48:16 AM

Why so immediately?
Even without a research?

Who needs to research when it was a deliberate act by one of three people. You claim it wasn't you, Peter Bushnell has stated he was given the transactions, that leaves Chekaz, who still hasn't responded. I, along with other members of my team, HAVE discussed it with Peter Bushnell, who confirmed he was given the transactions to block. You commissioned and paid for the work, you are wholly responsible for it. So you must now fix it and give complete transparency as to how it happened.

You claim a name of Foundation, a real Foundation is a group of people. By choosing the name Foundation you are implying you are a group of people and by attaching it to Mooncoin you give the impression you are a group of people that are acting for Mooncoin.

All work done under the guise of Mooncoin Core Development Team is our responsibility. We are not responsible for work done prior to our involvement.

And to clarify yet again, 0.13.9 was NEVER under our control.

There has been slow work, of that there is no, doubt. Many reasons for that as has been explained in earlier posts. One of the major reasons is lack of real support from major stakeholders. I gave you our plans by PM in a number of messages over the course of three and a half months from 11th November 2018 (contact initiated by me) yet you still refused to offer any kind of support. You let the narrative foster that our team was a competitor and should be regarded as such.

actarus

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 10:05:07 AM

Hi Marc, you CAN'T write that! Your devs did not developed 0.13.9 but had it in their hands since 2018. Period!

So who's responsible? Me? MF? Agswinner?
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2020, 10:10:30 AM

I already explained about Foundation many times. There is a disclosure in the OP for years.
However, it looks like I am not alone here.
Why do you accuse even without a research? Michi explained already, that transactions, not addresses could be locked in the wallet. It is a technical question, to lock 3 addresses, a dev deals with transactions of these addresses.

Do you deny, that MooncoinCore Github is under control of MooncoinCore team?

Taranis67

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 10:12:49 AM

Hi Marc, you CAN'T write that! Your devs did not developed 0.13.9 but had it in their hands since 2018. Period!

Do you understand what "under control" means? 0.13.9 is open source, ANYONE can access it. It has never been "in our hands".
actarus

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 10:17:04 AM

Do you understand what "under control" means? 0.13.9 is open source, ANYONE can access it. It has never been "in our hands".

Yes, I understand very well. It was also under YOUR control  Wink do you see around other devs involved?  Huh

Edit: in the last two years?
Taranis67

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 10:21:22 AM

I already explained about Foundation many times. There is a disclosure in the OP for years.
However, it looks like I am not alone here.
Why do you accuse even without a research? Michi explained already, that transactions, not addresses could be locked in the wallet. It is a technical question, to lock 3 addresses, a dev deals with transactions of these addresses.

Do you deny, that MooncoinCore Github is under control of MooncoinCore team?

No need to research. Chekaz posted a link to Github where a list of almost 1,500 transactions were blocked.  You commissioned the work, you find out why it was done and report back to the community. Then you do everything you can to put matters right.

0.13.9 is open source, I'm sure you understand what open source means? I have on many occasions asked for collaboration throughout my time in Mooncoin. I have specifically asked you and Agswinner in PM in here and in Telegram, I have sought same in Telegram and Discord generally and through PM. I contacted other stakeholders through Twitter and Facebook.  There can be no excuse for pointing fingers at a team who has consistently sought collaboration across Mooncoin yet refused it time and again.

If that collaboration was given we would be a lot further forward than we are today, one person wouldn't try to be in control, and we wouldn't be in the mess we are in just now with three chains and members coins blocked for no reason.
actarus

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 10:27:21 AM

It certainly cannot be said that the Mooncoin project is a dead project, on the contrary! Alive and kicking! 6 pages of bitcoin talk forum in 2 days! Wow

Now a tech question by a non-tech person.

Michi wrote this: "Is there a reason why on Feb. 7, in a commit for the 0.18 build, changes are made to 0.18 (before its release) to block *my personal wallet* along with the 62 billion mooncoin?"

Please, can someone explain the difference between 'ADDRESS' and 'WALLET' and 'TRANSACTION'. My logic is confused.

Thanks

Taranis67

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 10:35:21 AM

Yes, I understand very well. It was also under YOUR control  Wink do you see around other devs involved?  Huh

Edit: in the last two years?

I think you need to go and research what open source means.

We have been working on Mooncoin and set up a separate testnet so we wouldn't adversely impact the existing chain while our work was ongoing. You're not technically minded so I'll put it in layman's terms.
To fix Mooncoin meant breaking it. Going way back to the beginning to find out why things were happening that shouldn't, fix those, move on, fix the next one. Sometimes the fix impacted other issues so we had to scrap the work and start again. Slowly but surely the whole blockchain was gone through and every issue we could find was fixed one by one.
Michi has stated this many times, it's not sexy like Smart Likes, it's doesn't have baubles like Moonword. It's essential work that very few people understand and care less about. All people like you want to see is big announcements with associated price rises.  
What we have done is fix and secure so that in future, real work can happen in the full knowledge that whatever project is built on Mooncoin won't fail due to insecurity.

Once all that was done and complete we made stakeholders aware of it (0.17) with a month's advance notice(January 12th).  It was a month later that 0.18 was rushed out (Peter Bushnell confirmed he was contacted mid January to build 0.18.

All of this was done while we had our own jobs to do. All of the work that was done on 0.17 was done for no pay whatsoever.

And all the while I was in contact with many people, YOU included, to foster partnerships in many spheres to have future projects for Mooncoin.
Taranis67

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 10:36:52 AM

It certainly cannot be said that the Mooncoin project is a dead project, on the contrary! Alive and kicking! 6 pages of bitcoin talk forum in 2 days! Wow

Now a tech question by a non-tech person.

Michi wrote this: "Is there a reason why on Feb. 7, in a commit for the 0.18 build, changes are made to 0.18 (before its release) to block *my personal wallet* along with the 62 billion mooncoin?"

Please, can someone explain the difference between 'ADDRESS' and 'WALLET' and 'TRANSACTION'. My logic is confused.

Thanks

If you read above you'll know that address and transaction are in this instance interchangeable. Wallet holds both addresses and transactions.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2020, 11:01:27 AM

Could you show a post with an announcement of 0.17 at Bitcointalk?
Link to Github?
If you say that the project is open source regarding MooncoinCore  Github,
are you fine with working at MooncoinCommunity Github? It is also open source.

Also it is not so simple like you explain. First of all, agswinner and me contacted mebagger2 many times during these 2 years. He rarely answered though.

What is more important, you knew about the vulnerability for months. You did not fix it.
With this vulnerability someone COULD suddenly come and mine the total supply of MOON with low difficulty,
do you realize? Anyone, if you would be informed about the vulnerability,
what would you do? Obviously, fix and update immediately.
However, if you actually don't care about the project itself, you are okay with it. Let someone come and mine all billions. We just will accuse others for that and will make a swap to a new chain? No, this approach is unprecedented. If it would be just a mistake, or a normal delay, I would never speak about it.
Edit: another situation, 0.18 released, like you it or not, why release 0.17 after that, and make another chain? Again the same approach.
You believe it is unsecure? Come and fix it. Why make another chain after launch of 0.18? If everything is open source?
It is the approach, the project risks very much. That is the point.

michi

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 11:20:41 AM

I never "said anything against smartlikes".  I have no idea where that even came from. But I have no idea where a lot of things came from at this point.

I said that they weren't being prioritized, on our side, over fixing and securing the chain. That's all. If that is "against", then we have bigger problems.

This crap about 13.9 being in "our hands" - look, 13.9 was *done* when we started work. There's a REASON we abandoned most of its code and rebased it. This accusation of "Well, you didn't fix 13.9 so you can't talk!" - 13.9's codebase wasn't worth salvaging. We tried, we turned around - that's part of why things took as long as they did.

This isn't a sporting event. But M_F and fans are still vying for "the win" it seems.  If ANN is the entirety of the community, and we're doing consensus by forum posts and votes vs the actual f*ing blockchain (UASF/MASF) - and said community is happy with a "bounty-for-demanded-development" model, then maybe you're all perfectly happy with the house of cards you're building. And it IS a house of cards. Not a "foundation".

What do you guys think I even have to gain by speaking out in here?  My holdings are locked, and I've certainly not been personally enriched off of this.  I'm only here because I've been involved since the Deaconboogie days, believed in the community with its close crossover with Dogecoin, and wanted to help out.

But, hey! You're INVESTORS. Maybe it'll get a "PUMP SIGNAL!!" before it all falls apart. "Lambos" and what not. People who think that "The Wolf of Wall Street" is some kind of aspirational story, not a warning about a downfall.

But go ahead, keep paying bounties to mercenaries to implement hot buzzwords while no one persistent sticks around to do the maintenance. Because maintenance isn't sexy.

This is exactly why we're so slow to release over at Dogecoin.  We know a huge economy is riding on our changes and if we move too recklessly it'll hurt a lot of people.

EDIT: Yeah, M_F I get it, we weren't "fast enough" for you.  OK, Boss.
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: