Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:18:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137399 times)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:02:28 AM

I think it's best to hold off untill July to see if the economics makes sense at that time, then order them in July for July delivery.

Once they sell this batch for the 15th July that may be it for July.  So you will have to make that decision if it is worth the risk.  If they sell out of that batch you won't get another shot at the 15th July delivery.

Decision like that is extra hard now, because I do think its expected to be lower prices till July...
To buy sth now for $1370 when its (maybe) going to cost much lower...? What a risk.
On the other way - the price sould remain and who dont buy now, they should buy...idk...December?

When 15th July appears it ensures myself that my order to 5th May batch was a good investment...

Sadly you are absolutely correct.  Bitmain expects you to tie up your funds with them from now until July and the whole bottom could fall out from under scrypt by then.  It is a pretty big gamble for sure and makes it a hard decision. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:43:37 AM

Man I missed the April & May batches. Given the problems people had with the L3,  I find extra difficult to spend $1370 + shipping on the July batch. Very perplexed!
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:03:30 AM

i do not buy that with july delivered

these is not fair

these is awful

if you are man with balls will have the batch out at july not now

vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:07:24 AM

Man I missed the April & May batches. Given the problems people had with the L3,  I find extra difficult to spend $1370 + shipping on the July batch. Very perplexed!

I'm starting to think that you buy N+20% (say 5+1) and just run them all until one fails and then cannibalize the +1 for spares to keep the others going. Once they're all out of warranty, I'd expect Bitmain to change their 'whole unit' policy and allow you to just return the failed cards, and at that point you can repair the +1 spare.

If you did you calcs on the basis of cost=6 / mining production=5 (assuming 1 has failed) then I think these might make sense. Ok, I need to work this theory up and test it. BRB.

tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:07:27 AM

Man I missed the April & May batches. Given the problems people had with the L3,  I find extra difficult to spend $1370 + shipping on the July batch. Very perplexed!

I'm starting to think that you buy N+20% (say 5+1) and just run them all until one fails and then cannibalize the +1 for spares to keep the others going. Once they're all out of warranty, I'd expect Bitmain to change their 'whole unit' policy and allow you to just return the failed cards, and at that point you can repair the +1 spare.

If you did you calcs on the basis of cost=6 / mining production=5 (assuming 1 has failed) then I think these might make sense. Ok, I need to work this theory up and test it. BRB.

Its only my HOPE: I do think there were such a gap between first test batch till yesterdays public sale cos of testing and emproving them to have as low returns as possible.
Bitmain miners were always trouble-free - I think maybe 1% of all of them has some issue and its normal.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:54:05 AM

was a bit easier for me ..got some L3's april 1st and L3+'s May 15th batch...have 3000 mh of Titans.....replace at 2/3 savings in electric on L3's 3000 mh combo
of above...and 'hope charlie of LTC' actually pulls off the seg witness and then lightning in weeks as he has stated.....

then if LTC was to be more on par with ETH and DASH etc say around $25 bucks a coin..my bet pays off thru this next big (imho) difficulty hump

if not...er well I have a set of 'more lousy" space heaters next winter with only 1/3 the heat Smiley

But again...it was an easy choice for me because Titans have ROI'd and I'm gambling money sure...but less risk to the ego in my manner due to this if it all
goes 'pear shaped' in 20/20 hindsight in say 4 months of new posting of 'angst' here Sad

crypto moon or doom it is always moon or doom

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:44:56 AM

Miner is too cheap for it's hashrate and power. So assuming something fishy going on, like Segwit act. will brick these ASICBoost miners.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:11:16 AM

Miner is too cheap for it's hashrate and power. So assuming something fishy going on, like Segwit act. will brick these ASICBoost miners.

Point.....good point.....

I heard thou that if they go USAF bitmain don't care because the asic boost works dandy ...but if they go seg witness...yeah

would be a pretty good 'evil corp' plan on bitmain's part if you found all your bitmain asic's on both BTC and LTC suddenly without the

use of asic boost and now mining 33% lower!

sigh......and I got 1.5k worth...for 3000mh total (thou april 1st order for 1000 was before the controversy on seg wit in my defense
the other 2000mh was just plain freak out to replace titans 3000 mh with bitmains 1370 machine dump (coward I am) Sad

looking like the 3000mh of knc titans will finally get to their numerous attempts to brick themsleves into doorstops finally! (evil they are..)
thru the magic of bitmain's trippling the dificulty and your view that asic boost miners suddenly lose 33% of has ability under segwit...IF
that dark future holds...

FML ..with my luck you are correct..what the hell...its only 11.10c an LTC ...(sob) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kurbeks

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:09:13 AM

Acording to nicehash calc this would ROI in 60 days (at 10cents/kWh) and segwit haven't even been activated on LTC yet. Bitmain doesn't do charity and they also don't need money that desperately to sell miners for "free". 99% sure there is some hidden rock there. So i see 3 options.

1. They know/believe LTC/scrypt will drop to hole. So they get money now and mine with miners while they can. This is highly doubtful even if big hashrate increase, as there are other scrypt coins doing very well and this miner would do well even on drop because of low power draw.

2. They wanna do price demping and push out Inno completely out of market as A4 now is more expensive, hashes lower and draws more power. Even if you buy 2 L3+ and one them is dud on arrival - Bitmain style. You still get better deal than A4's. Usually they just offer better efficency for trade-off of realibility. Hashrate/$ is usualy similar or just bit better than oponents (Avalon). After Inno is out they can increase prices and do monopoly stuff like with SHA256 miners.

3.  ASICBoost, makes them lose hashrate or elec. effiency. Worse case (not sure if it's possible) it completely bricks miners from LTC network. Techically no biggie as Scrypt market is not so big. But what happens here will also happen with S9/T9/A4. And if it bricks miners then there will be so many tears from China BTC miners there will new China Ocean. Because on SHA256 there is no coins where to move miners, opposite of Scrypt.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:44:50 AM

Acording to nicehash calc this would ROI in 60 days (at 10cents/kWh) and segwit haven't even been activated on LTC yet. Bitmain doesn't do charity and they also don't need money that desperately to sell miners for "free". 99% sure there is some hidden rock there. So i see 3 options.

1. They know/believe LTC/scrypt will drop to hole. So they get money now and mine with miners while they can. This is highly doubtful even if big hashrate increase, as there are other scrypt coins doing very well and this miner would do well even on drop because of low power draw.

2. They wanna do price demping and push out Inno completely out of market as A4 now is more expensive, hashes lower and draws more power. Even if you buy 2 L3+ and one them is dud on arrival - Bitmain style. You still get better deal than A4's. Usually they just offer better efficency for trade-off of realibility. Hashrate/$ is usualy similar or just bit better than oponents (Avalon). After Inno is out they can increase prices and do monopoly stuff like with SHA256 miners.

3.  ASICBoost, makes them lose hashrate or elec. effiency. Worse case (not sure if it's possible) it completely bricks miners from LTC network. Techically no biggie as Scrypt market is not so big. But what happens here will also happen with S9/T9/A4. And if it bricks miners then there will be so many tears from China BTC miners there will new China Ocean. Because on SHA256 there is no coins where to move miners, opposite of Scrypt.

this could be a way to just get the BTC back they paid to have these miners made (overstock) for the seq witness war...now that they don't have a seq witness war they quit
that means only way to get BTC back quick is to sell these miners and assume set for a BTC take off in price ..in that they also are going to stop fighting it on btc network.

thus THEY know they are gonna allow seg witness on both camps and are holding btc and ltc becuase they know it is gonna pump in price both camps....and if truely evil corp type they will
cash out the BTC to make these miners for the seg witness war that never happened and the rest can be used to MAKE these July miners etc

remember may 15th and july 15th the miners we are giving them btc now is PRE-ORDER..this is all 'gravy train' for them Smiley

evil frigging genuis's

also they stamp out innsilicon make it sooooooo unattractive no one makes an asic miner to compete for next year or more if ever
they lock up pow mining for both scrypt and sha-256

you really want to go 'full evil' they use these profits on knowing they are gonna allow seg witness and the correspoding pump in both btc and ltc when announced and
use the profits to make an X11 line of miners and control that too....

evil..its what they do and they do it well (bitmain) (tm) Smiley

jeez...they oss in the frigging towel on all seg witness.....have inside information that you (bitmain)  are gonna toss in the frigging towel on seg witness......(not even illegal inside info ..I mean its a choice right)

then act on that to lock up your whole industry.....get your $$$ back for the hedge on equip for the now no longer seg witness wars in asic land....and use the profits
for the new X11 line to control all pow mining of ANY kind so far in the asic universe

bruahahahahah (evil laugh)

Bitmain the above is CR .if you want to use my 'evil' ideas I can be bought Smiley

kurbeks

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:11:17 PM

That still doesn't explain why sell them that cheap. They will slel out them even at 2k$, even before LTC Segwit happens, price is so cheap is really screams after broken car salesman or some scammer. Maybe takes as much money as you can, before company goes bye-bye

I doubt they will make x11 rigs. Baikal very efficent draws little power and is stable. Not much space for Bitman to enter. Now making ETH/ZEC ASIC is alredy an intresting option. Especially as Antpool has ZEC and ETH pools.
lamerhouse

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:14:17 PM

If someone has the pre L3 software .. I would take to reinstall it on your controller ... I got one piece that just turned on lights up the red LED flashes and does not load the web thanks
tomothy

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:41:14 PM

If someone has the pre L3 software .. I would take to reinstall it on your controller ... I got one piece that just turned on lights up the red LED flashes and does not load the web thanks

Maybe I'm missing something; I thought the l3's were stand alone units? What Pre l3 software do you need to install?

https://www.eastshore.xyz/tutorial-antminer-l3-litecoin-miner-250mh-400w-for-scrypt-mining/

It seems like you simply log in to the unit, configure it, and... you're mining?
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:47:13 PM

I hate to be the bearer of good or bad news, but Bitmain just relisted the L3+ on the site with ship dates now out in July!
What, I thought it was May 5th? Im still trying to put BTC together, and now it's July? What kind of garbage is that, especially since they still want the same price.
Forget that crap.
All the people who ordered when it was May 5th should be screaming for a refund... I would not accept a 2 month delay.

Well I think they sold out of the first 2 batches and that was where the April and the May dates came from.  If you ordered and have been confirmed paid you will get your miner shipped on the dates they posted.  However it appears they are "pre-sale" on the next batch which is July now.  So it looks like if you don't jump in and buy it now then you may not get a shot at buying them.  At least that is my read on the situation.    This is absolute BS, but it is what it is...
Im pissed, because I was 0.1 BTC away from having enough money, now I have to wait another 2 months...
My A4's would have generated the 0.1 BTC in 24 hours, that 24-hour delay cost me 2 months. How can I not be upset.
I think they should just continue shipping miners between May 5th and July and not hold onto them. If they simply shipped them in the order they were bought then there would be no issue, but a 2 month delay and no break in price?
Glad for everyone who get's there miners shipped on the 5th, but for the rest of us, it really sucks. I still don't see why they can't ship any between May 5th and July, just really sucks.
Personaly, I think I will forget this miner and go to Baikal instead...

to be fair its not their fault that people didnt have the coins to buy the miners before they sold out. the reason for the 2 month delay might not be related to wanting to hold onto them....they may have sold out and maybe had a large private order that has them backed up until the date they posted. or they may need to have miners produced and dont expect the components to be ready for assembly until around that date. either way im sorry you couldnt get one but third party sellers will have them im sure if your willing to spend a few more bucks....otherwise you will have to wait for the next batch.
lamerhouse

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:47:36 PM

software is firmware .. I mean software for the web page with the settings and everything else .. I .. on the charging system that can update via the microSD controllers .. I would like to reinstall the firmware on any version controller
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:13:12 PM

I hate to be the bearer of good or bad news, but Bitmain just relisted the L3+ on the site with ship dates now out in July!
What, I thought it was May 5th? Im still trying to put BTC together, and now it's July? What kind of garbage is that, especially since they still want the same price.
Forget that crap.
All the people who ordered when it was May 5th should be screaming for a refund... I would not accept a 2 month delay.

Well I think they sold out of the first 2 batches and that was where the April and the May dates came from.  If you ordered and have been confirmed paid you will get your miner shipped on the dates they posted.  However it appears they are "pre-sale" on the next batch which is July now.  So it looks like if you don't jump in and buy it now then you may not get a shot at buying them.  At least that is my read on the situation.    This is absolute BS, but it is what it is...
Im pissed, because I was 0.1 BTC away from having enough money, now I have to wait another 2 months...
My A4's would have generated the 0.1 BTC in 24 hours, that 24-hour delay cost me 2 months. How can I not be upset.
I think they should just continue shipping miners between May 5th and July and not hold onto them. If they simply shipped them in the order they were bought then there would be no issue, but a 2 month delay and no break in price?
Glad for everyone who get's there miners shipped on the 5th, but for the rest of us, it really sucks. I still don't see why they can't ship any between May 5th and July, just really sucks.

to be fair its not their fault that people didnt have the coins to buy the miners before they sold out. the reason for the 2 month delay might not be related to wanting to hold onto them....they may have sold out and maybe had a large private order that has them backed up until the date they posted. or they may need to have miners produced and dont expect the components to be ready for assembly until around that date. either way im sorry you couldnt get one but third party sellers will have them im sure if your willing to spend a few more bucks....otherwise you will have to wait for the next batch.

I get what you are saying. I can't fault them, except for how fast it went through from April, May now July.
I would have expected it to progress through the delivery dates slower than it did.
Im more mad at the situation, where I completely missed out on this because of a lousy 0.1 BTC.
Placing an order for April delivery was fine. Perhaps even May, but July, that's just not going to happen that far in advance.
I don't know how many they sold, but im assuming it's in the millions, and to run out that fast, crap...
They probably should have built more like 2-5 million instead of a smaller number. I don't really know how many they made, but 1million seems like a good guess.
kurbeks

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:52:45 PM

Forget that crap.

I get what you are saying. I can't fault them, except for how fast it went through from April, May now July.
I would have expected it to progress through the delivery dates slower than it did.
Im more mad at the situation, where I completely missed out on this because of a lousy 0.1 BTC.
Placing an order for April delivery was fine. Perhaps even May, but July, that's just not going to happen that far in advance.
I don't know how many they sold, but im assuming it's in the millions, and to run out that fast, crap...
They probably should have built more like 2-5 million instead of a smaller number. I don't really know how many they made, but 1million seems like a good guess.

Seriously WUT!!!! mate.

Million units is 500THash/s. All Scrypt network is at most 5THash/s. 3 For LTC and 2 for other shitcoins. At most we are talking about few K. It's not BTC network which just eats up new units.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:59:54 PM

I have a hard time thinking they can manufacture anything less than a 100K units cost effectively.
Most FAB runs are in the millions of units.
kurbeks

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:16:02 PM

288 chips on each unit. 1M chips around 3.5k units. That sounds realistic.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:26:14 PM

Well it sounds like Segwit or UASF is going to get pushed through and miners are about to take a serious haircut.  This probably explains the sudden move to presale miners and dump them in the market by Bitmain. 

Funny how the money masters have managed to get everyone to think it is a good idea to just hand the keys over to them and make everyone think it was "our idea". 

So this may explain the sudden odd behavior by Bitmain.  But then again my tin foil hat is wrapped kinda tight...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: