Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137401 times)
patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 07:25:19 AM

Can someone explain how one of my L3+ mined 24 blocks in 90 minutes this morning within the last couple hours?
Maybe your Nicehash pool was active during that period of time? As you know, Nicehash scrypt mining is not only Litecoin but typically many less know coins as well. It might be easier to find many new blocks on a newly launched Scrypt coin with short block time and low competition?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RitaDiOro

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:07:43 PM

With the recent BTC drop things are getting not so good for miners. I guess many of miners ordered A LOT of stuff during over-profits period...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:26:27 PM

With the recent BTC drop things are getting not so good for miners. I guess many of miners ordered A LOT of stuff during over-profits period...

This happens quite a bit in crypto.  Sadly nobody listens when you remind them that the end game here will be a return to a much more modest profitability and to look at where we were 6 months ago and worse yet look at profitability of bitcoin miners specifically.  When profits are good everyone dog piles in without looking at the big picture.

Think about it for a moment if someone asked you right now to spend $1500-1600 for a miner that earns after electricity $2-3 a day?  Would most people who have been jumping in recently even for a moment entertain that idea now that they have been making a little bit of money?  And diff is increasing daily putting pressure on those earnings and halving events keep coming requiring an ever increasing amount of hash rate to maintain the cash flow. 

Now the question will be how hard will a correction be?  Is this the correction that scares people out and it costs you more to mine than you earn?  And if so for how long?  Bitmain preordering the L3+ and dumping these in such high volumes means that the Scrypt mining will likely be as difficult to earn anything as the SHA-256 Bitcoin mining or even worse. 

So place your bets...  It is going to be a wild ride.   
TheReamer

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:13:04 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2017, 05:03:55 PM by TheReamer

On Hashnest, there is currently 1180 in stock.

I bought on the first batch when price was $2000.
Next batch they increased price to 3000 because profit is insane.
This is probably the last batch for a while and price is 3600 now.

Mine activated 24 days ago and it mined 25.8 LTC so far (only profit). That is 635$, also means %31.75 ROI!

https://www.hashnest.com/hash_currencies/28/income

Curated list of active & quality airdrops. Earn free crypto! http://cutt.us/airdrop
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:40:40 AM

Mine activated 24 days ago and it mined 25.8 LTC so far (only profit). That is 635$, also means %31.75 ROI!

Hi there,

can you explain me why would somebody "buy" L3+ miner for that super-expensive price?

I bought the second batch for 1380USD. I had to add PSU for 120USD and postage for 119USD.
400USD was import VAT.
Total 2019USD.

Im mining in my basement for 0.1USD/kwh - that means around 2USD daily.
Mining for 17days - 34USD electricity. I do have internet even without mining so Im not going to count price for that.
Earings on multipools are at this moment 1100USD.

1100-34=1066USD.

Thats more than 50% ROI in 17days.
To be on your numbers its around 75% in 24days.

I do have the miner here, i can sell it if I want. Im assuming you have to pay the import VAT also when it comes to your place in ...half a year?
So tell me please where are the advanteges? Hashnest limits you to mine LTC at Antpool is it right? Multipools can do such better work.

Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:56:21 AM

Hi there,

can you explain me why would somebody "buy" L3+ miner for that super-expensive price?

I bought the second batch for 1380USD. I had to add PSU for 120USD and postage for 119USD.
400USD was import VAT.
Total 2019USD.

Mining for 17days - 34USD electricity. I do have internet even without mining so Im not going to count price for that.

1100-34=1066USD.

I do have the miner here, i can sell it if I want. Im assuming you have to pay the import VAT also when it comes to your place in ...half a year?
So tell me please where are the advanteges? Hashnest limits you to mine LTC at Antpool is it right? Multipools can do such better work.

Well that can have multiple reasons.

1) You don't want to wait. Last batch on hashnest was 3000$ and the one before even cheaper
2) You don't want noise, heat or can't place them (my case, thats why i have mine in a data center)
3) VAT can be recovered if you would register a business....
4) You don't got 0.1$ kwh...   I myself pay around 0.35$/kwh
5) They replace your machine if its broke. You don't need to send it to china and wait weeks for it to e fixed...

In the end its a numbers game why would i stress if I make the same return or slightly less without all the drama and work of hosting etc

And what coins are you mining? What pool?  

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
tw0rak

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:36:15 AM

Hi there,

400USD was import VAT.
Total 2019USD.

1100-34=1066USD.

Well that can have multiple reasons.

1) You don't want to wait. Last batch on hashnest was 3000$ and the one before even cheaper
2) You don't want noise, heat or can't place them (my case, thats why i have mine in a data center)
3) VAT can be recovered if you would register a business....
4) You don't got 0.1$ kwh...   I myself pay around 0.35$/kwh
5) They replace your machine if its broke. You don't need to send it to china and wait weeks for it to e fixed...

In the end its a numbers game why would i stress if I make the same return or slightly less without all the drama and work of hosting etc

And what coins are you mining? What pool?  

This reasons are understable for me.
1) 2000USD are reasonable, 3000 or 3600 are not.
2) 2014 I started mining Ive rented a garage because of the noise
3) so can I but I dont
4) ouch such an expensive kwh...Ive bought 1kwh solar pannels because of 0.1/kwh - in your case its worth much more
5) very good reason - knock on wood my miners will stay

Im not going to tell you the pool or the method how, cos of securing my good bussiness, but my hashpower is very well used. It goes slowly down, yes...but now it is around 0,000035BTC/MHs/day

dadach

Activity: 365

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:24:57 PM

bought one for 2k usd. shipping at the end of august. do you guys think i will be able to at least cover the investment? Smiley

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
tw0rak

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:25:26 AM

bought one for 2k usd. shipping at the end of august. do you guys think i will be able to at least cover the investment? Smiley

Thats as asking us if we can predict the future...

But first - why the price 2k USD? 1300miner, 100PSU, 100postage - im counting 1500USD. Are you calculating with import VAT to your country? Im my case it was 400USD.

Depends how many new miners are in those batches - I think that time LTC diff should be three times higher than today, so calculate with three times less numbers than today.
Now the profit in LTC is around 200USD weekly - I would calculate around 50-70USD. Than the ROI is around 7-9month. Thats not so cool as having that device today but its in normal.
Its very simillar as mining BTC with S9 - there is also that ROI.

First two L3+ batches was really good deal with around 2 month ROI. Bitmain made the math better now and asking for higher price with longer delivery dates.
If you have good price electricity this miner is going to ROI once. Its nice up-to-date device. Good to have one.
usenet

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:12:19 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 09:40:12 AM by usenet

@tw0rak

I think that if you use solar panels, you will need to include the price of solar panels and all additional equipment for your calculations. Unless before the L3 + purchase it was repaid or bought for $1.

I think similar that $2000 are reasonable, 3000 or 3600 are not unless the LTC/USD price is maintained above $35-36.
You boast of good price because you were the first. The next can only dream.
tw0rak

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:33:48 AM

@tw0rak

I think that if you use solar panels, you will need to include the price of solar panels and all additional equipment for your calculations. Unless before the L3 + purchase it was repaid or bought for $1.

I think similar that $2000 are reasonable, 3000 or 3600 are not unless the LTC/USD price is maintained above $35-36.
You boast of good price because you were the first. The next can only dream.

Sure solars should count but I'm going to use them for next 25years - with or without miner I would buy them. This only speeds it up.
lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:41:39 PM

Waiting for the news PSU´s

Glad i only bought one Apw3  Grin

From Bitmain Website

6. Bitmain recommends the new PSU that is especially designed for the Antminer L3+ and will be available to purchase after 20 June 2017 with shipping start date before that of this Antminer L3+ batch.
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:13:53 PM

But first - why the price 2k USD? 1300miner, 100PSU, 100postage - im counting 1500USD. Are you calculating with import VAT to your country? Im my case it was 400USD.

Depends how many new miners are in those batches - I think that time LTC diff should be three times higher than today, so calculate with three times less numbers than today.
Now the profit in LTC is around 200USD weekly - I would calculate around 50-70USD. Than the ROI is around 7-9month. Thats not so cool as having that device today but its in normal.

First two L3+ batches was really good deal with around 2 month ROI. Bitmain made the math better now and asking for higher price with longer delivery dates.
If you have good price electricity this miner is going to ROI once. Its nice up-to-date device. Good to have one.

I don't see that way, I think litecoin (and btc as well) price will rise A LOT and all that math makes no sense on the long run... Just my 2 satoshis  Smiley
RitaDiOro

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:25:30 PM

This happens quite a bit in crypto.  Sadly nobody listens when you remind them that the end game here will be a return to a much more modest profitability and to look at where we were 6 months ago and worse yet look at profitability of bitcoin miners specifically.  When profits are good everyone dog piles in without looking at the big picture.

Think about it for a moment if someone asked you right now to spend $1500-1600 for a miner that earns after electricity $2-3 a day?  Would most people who have been jumping in recently even for a moment entertain that idea now that they have been making a little bit of money?  And diff is increasing daily putting pressure on those earnings and halving events keep coming requiring an ever increasing amount of hash rate to maintain the cash flow. 

Now the question will be how hard will a correction be?  Is this the correction that scares people out and it costs you more to mine than you earn?  And if so for how long?  Bitmain preordering the L3+ and dumping these in such high volumes means that the Scrypt mining will likely be as difficult to earn anything as the SHA-256 Bitcoin mining or even worse. 

So place your bets...  It is going to be a wild ride.   

That's a really good opinion. I also expect the profitability of mining to fall really fast in next few months. But the people who are mining for a long time (and ROId long time befor) are getting nice income today... Diff probably will grow 3-6-20x times soon which will add some extra value to crypto in return Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
dadach

Activity: 365

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:01:40 AM

thank you...can this miner mine other scrypt coins? if it cannot, i have made a mistake, as my titan is mining other scrypt coins no problem.

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:54:52 AM

thank you...can this miner mine other scrypt coins? if it cannot, i have made a mistake, as my titan is mining other scrypt coins no problem.

yes it can mine any Scrypt coin
Wisdomofsol

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:57:42 PM

Also with the recent btc bull its hard to lock up funds in advance.  Total disaster would be if btc really spikes, LTC lags and bitmain saturates the market with L3s, too much unknown.  2 months is a long time in crypto

kind of with you on this, but gotta get it while the getting is good. still can mine other coins or mine n hold till LTC = $100 USD. still wanna shout out the dude who mentioned the hashnest contract mining early in May. bought for 77 per contract, averaged 1.1 LTC/day profit and sold the contract at around 139 LTC (.266 LTH/MH) thats about 90 LTC profit in less than a month on that so good looks my man!!!

pro move is going to be waiting for the LTC price to go up and then buy back more hash cheaper or just cop a cpl more rigs and call it a day Grin Grin Grin

still got my 2 coming in the july shipment, but if the price dropped by half in terms of BTC, what is everyone worried about, seems like a killer deal to me. just mine and dont sell till the price is where u want it, the more people mining n holding wouldnt make the price go up cuz of lack of supply??

ascakan

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:22:24 PM

So i have had some maths here for l3+ with the diff at : 287k 504mh/s miner mine 26,42 ltc which is 750 dolar atm and decreasing nearly 50 dolar with avarage %10 added difficulty... ( LTC STAYS AT 30 Dollars)

with that calculation Roi seems to turn back at 6 months (3600 Dollar Bach)

The teory rules are;

1- Difficulty UP %10 Per Month : (287k-310k-341k-375k-413k-454k) depends on miners ... (want to take train before agust and sept bach doesnt send )

2- Mined LTC Goes Down Per Month (26,42-24,4-22,25-20,23-18,38-16,72 Avarage 120 LTC) depends on diff.

3- LTC Prize Fixed To 30 Dollars Within These 6 Months... If its go up it makes roi day much more early

Electricty fee maintance pps share hold : 0,07 Dollars + %4,5 etc...

So What i am missing here ? Why This Kind Of Cloud Minning So Bad For Us... OR IT IS ?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:10:24 PM

So i have had some maths here for l3+ with the diff at : 287k 504mh/s miner mine 26,42 ltc which is 750 dolar atm and decreasing nearly 50 dolar with avarage %10 added difficulty... ( LTC STAYS AT 30 Dollars)

The teory rules are;

1- Difficulty UP %10 Per Month : (287k-310k-341k-375k-413k-454k) depends on miners ... (want to take train before agust and sept bach doesnt send )

2- Mined LTC Goes Down Per Month (26,42-24,4-22,25-20,23-18,38-16,72 Avarage 120 LTC) depends on diff.

3- LTC Prize Fixed To 30 Dollars Within These 6 Months... If its go up it makes roi day much more early

So What i am missing here ? Why This Kind Of Cloud Minning So Bad For Us... OR IT IS ?

The backlog of July 3 batches of bitmain L3+'s 505mh in July

Most of assume a 100% plus diff rise when they splash into the pool. Not
To mention bitmain could add to their own data halls and hashnet on top of
That.

Just saying my 1 tag along unit I'm getting L3+ I'm assuming if lucky an
11 month roi.

Hope you are right thou. But how I see it

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Wisdomofsol

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:03:49 AM

The teory rules are;

The backlog of July 3 batches of bitmain L3+'s 505mh in July

Most of assume a 100% plus diff rise when they splash into the pool. Not
To mention bitmain could add to their own data halls and hashnet on top of
That.

Just saying my 1 tag along unit I'm getting L3+ I'm assuming if lucky an
11 month roi.

Hope you are right thou. But how I see it

Makes me wish I had bought more @ 1860USD last month..... 120% profit in 30 days (sold contract)...id say go for it even @ double the price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: