Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
Th3Program

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:58:46 AM

Bitcoin does not have a centralized system that would be managed by one organization. Security control and, indirectly, the way the development of the currency is carried out by the participants - people who are engaged in "digging", launching Bitcoin software on their computers. Thus, we are dealing with the rule of the majority.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Th3developer

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:05:12 AM

Bitcoins and other crypto-currencies are private and open systems. Their ideology is that anyone can become an issuing center. Classical monetary mechanisms, on the contrary, are centralized: central banks are responsible for the issue. I believe that the philosophy of centralized systems in the near future will not go anywhere. Another thing is that these systems can switch to block-based technology for distributed data storage.
MudahDanHemat

Activity: 231
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:10:58 AM

If the bitcoin turns into centralozed then there will be changes to the system and what about the other coins? will it be centralized too? as long as bitcoin can still provide benefits and benefits then the user will not leave bitcoin, whatever happens even if the bitcoin becomes centralized.
lukeclick

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:13:08 AM

Its hard to see Bitcoin Being centralized coz if it does then its value as a crypto will be lost, But again if you look closely, centralization of Bitcoin is probably the only way in which the governments will fully legalize Bitcoin operations, the rest remains to be seen as the legislation Battles take center stage
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:17:29 AM

I hope that as we have seen the acceptance and popularity of this crypto currency so it will centralized soon in the world and i like to say that we have to be very patient in the crypto world and the future of crypto is bright. I prefer to invest in the crypto in these days because it is profitable.

kabelpeggek

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:25:52 AM

I think that Bitcoin will become more decentralised in the future, in fact. The whole transaction data of Bitcoin is quite big but not as big as Ethereum's. Because of SegWit, the blocksize is maximum 4 MB which is not that much, we barely use a little bit more than 1 MB because many transactions are still not SegWit ones. In the future, more companies might be interested in manufacturing ASICs. i wouldn't be surprised if Samsung decided to release their own miner and try to compete with Bitmain. This would be definitely a big step forward to decentralised network.
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:33:32 AM

Well the future of technology is becoming less and less predictable and whatever you say can change within hours, so in my opinion there is a chance for btc somehow to be centralized,
PM.coins

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:56:29 AM

In the future, there is a possibility for bitcoin to be centralized. Under centralized system, there must a regulator and formal issuer of bitcoin may be bitcoin price can be controlled by the regulator. Under centralized system, bitcoin price tend to be more stable and lower in its price or value. As far the formal regulator and issuer can ensure bitcoin can operate better, faster and can improve public service to all users of bitcoin, it will be  useful and supported fully by people outside there and especially by bitcoin lovers.
Venn Harris

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:37:33 AM

I think that it is possible to centralised by taking control of all nodes across the word, but what are we going to achieve by this centralization, we again don't want the middleman to control and regulate the currency else it will be another fiat world currency .
Faithgg

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:45:17 AM

Bitcoin is the incentive to keep the Bitcoin blockchain secured. You know, the network would have lost security without that incentive there would no longer be the trust factor. Imagine a centralized blockchain, where trust would be in hands of a few individuals or institutions. What if the private keys would be compromised? The entire network would have lost all value.
Park Minseo

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:54:44 AM

Woh, it is an interesting question. Blockchain which is the technology underpinning it, cannot be centralized. The only way to truly and permanently decentralize Bitcoin is by setting up decentralized marketplaces. (Centralized exchanges are how 99% of people trade their cryptocurrency, and they can be forced to accept regulation or be shut down.)
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:39:03 AM

I think bitcoin is now centralized because I see bitcoins can be accessed anywhere with different devices all can access though in different places and cities.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:21:34 AM

Nothing is impossible in this modern day especially if the demand is on it. We all know that bitcoin is on the pick of its development and innovations more and more industries are studying on how they can be interactive with the crypto currencies world because they see that someday or it is happening now that they should be interacting with this if they don’t to be left behind. So it is not that impossible that in the near future bitcoin will become centralize because of the changes or demand it will require. Surely there will be negative effects and positive effects if this will happen and what we should pray do hope that this will bring a good benefits to all of us.
MrZ28s

Activity: 475

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:33:35 AM

I really find bitcoin hard to become centralized in the future. Core will make a hard stand on it that may cause more forks. If bitcoin becomes ineffective and there are more alternative coins becoming better then bitcoin possibly will lose its top spot in crypto but I cannot imagine it becoming centralized.
damgdas

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:39:07 AM

In the future, bitcoin will become centralized and controlled by greedy people in the government. I guess they can also determine the identity of each user. These transactions may be discovered after the transaction.
PilosopongTacio

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:53:56 AM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

Yes, there's the problem of mining operations being done by a few rich crypto users that affects the industry of cryptocurrency that might result for bitcoin to be centralized. But, i believe its quite the opposite. I dont think they can. Bitcoin is designed to work as a decentralized system opposing the ways of a centralized one. Its quite impossible for a single authority to control bitcoin.
They just can't.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:27:01 AM

In the future, bitcoin will become centralized and controlled by greedy people in the government. I guess they can also determine the identity of each user. These transactions may be discovered after the transaction.
I think it is a very hard task to do bitcoin are anonymous that is why government end up banning bitcoin in some country because they don't know how to control this kind of technology even putting a tax on bitcoin they don't know how to implement it. Even if they trace the history of transaction they cannot trace the Ip address of it and every users can create another wallet.
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:36:40 AM

It is not possible by system, because bitcoin was created with decentralization vision in mind
But still there is a possibility to be so, like ripple case when most of the coins are owned by individual or organization then it is possible.
Just imagine 50% of bitcoins is owned by a single person, that moment we know it is centralized

daddypastes

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:43:16 AM

i have a feeling that sometime in the near future,bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed...mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed,it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day would still remain as it should be and im strongly believing on that thing because no matter how difficulty increases and miners would be more developed or upgraded it doest really mean that it will make bitcoin to be decentralized and we all know that bitcoin cant be hardly controlled If they would plan to control or centralized it then they will have a hard time on cracking it for sure...
paragon07

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:47:22 AM

it takes couple of years that will bitcoin will be centralized, takes many procedure to be conducted in different part of the country. depends on the government/state their living. most of the country can access but on the other country you need to convert it to their fiat for spending their needs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: