Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:28:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
PrissMCclen

Activity: 338
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:57:08 PM

I don't think so, that's not its purpose of existence, btc/blockchain here to keep is decentralized and that must be achieved besides the crypto is just half a decade

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:16:46 PM

That’s a good question and it’s always good to think about what changes can be happen in future about bitcoin. But still i don’t think that’s its gonna be centralized one day. I mean, what’s the point then?
renc77

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:26:49 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

It would in any case stay as it ought to be and im unequivocally accepting on that thing on the grounds that regardless of how trouble increments

Excavators would be more created or overhauled it doesn't extremely imply that it will make bitcoin to be decentralized

We as a whole realize that bitcoin cannot be not really controlled by any third party.If they would plan to control or brought together it then they will experience considerable difficulties on splitting it without a doubt.
mjloulie

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:50:00 PM

Bitcoin is created as a decentralized cryptocurrency for a reason. Changes will happen in the near future but I think Bitcoin will still remain as is, a decentralized cryptocurrency with a purpose. It will never be centralized and changing it to a centralized one will cause a lot of problems in blockchain technology.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 12:31:35 AM

For me NO. Bitcoin is created to become decentralized. I believe that decentralization is really important in cryptocurrency, because thru that, we cannot easily manipulate the price, specially in Bitcoin. I really don't agree that Bitcoin will become centralized.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:04:42 AM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

I dont think bitcoin will become centralized. Maybe China is biggest bitcoin miners but many miners in the world and transaction data spread all around the world too. If bitcoin become centralized, i am believe bitcoin will be abandoned by investor. Most investor believe bitcoin is decentralized and thats why they investing their money.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:49:29 AM

Bitcoin in no case should be centralized, and by its nature it is designed in such a way that it is almost impossible to centralize it. There will be a lot of different forks of bitcoin, which, for sure, will try to cetralize to reduce. its volatility. It's hard to say what will happen, but it will be another bitcoin. The present needs to be improved, but it is by no means impossible to change its nature. Even if it eventually loses functionality. He will find his admirers and with minimal technical characteristics. There is also a demand for antique cars and other old things and items.
Xalata

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:23:34 AM

I doubt that will ever happen because this would break the whole concept of which cryptocurrencies was generated to come in place. Bitcoin is based on a decentralized system of mechanism for peer-to-peer transactional activities.

polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:38:20 AM

No matter how the difficulty increases and the miner will be more developed or enhanced it really means that it will make bitcoin decentralized and we all know that bitcoin cannot be very controlled by a 3rd party. If they plan to control or centralize it, they will have difficulty resolving it with certainty.
Lucio19

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:38:21 AM

I think it is already centralized with the possibility of decentralization if the centralization becomes ever more apparent. bitcoin can use original fears to reinforce what should happen. I think it can reduce value because it is centralized and I think people who use their bitcoin want privacy and become anonymous.
Temshe Hamid

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:28:52 AM

I think that is unlikely to happen, because the overwhelming process must have over 50% of the power of excavators around the world.
wtbhitlv

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:33:32 AM

I disagree with bitcoin's more concentrated opinion, and we all know that bitcoin is the best pennies in the encrypted world. With the increase in the difficulty of mining and the development of new ASIC hardware, bitcoin will be harder to dig, and it is not easy to get bitcoin in large mines. And the development of the community will have more new funds to invest in bitcoins, which will make the project more decentralized.
Paul Hueber

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:40:49 AM

I hope many of the big excavators in the world will no longer be located in China.
bachus

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:25:39 AM

I think if that will happen ever, we will fail as a community and as a cryptocurrency enthusiast, because this is the core of our basement. We are standing on the fact of Bitcoin decentralized system and we cannot give up on that.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:33:21 AM

Definitely, this could be answerable by a yes or a no. Bitcoin can be centralized if the technology will continue to improve. However with the increasing process that may happen if this will be pursued, I don’t think we can bitcoin as a centralized crypto currency.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Darrell Howard

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:13:38 AM

The fear that many of the world's major excavators are concentrated in China is that it's easy to get bitcoin focused and managed by a badly organized group.
kingter godd

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:40:31 AM

If bitcoin become centralized, then there will be a possibility the entire cryptocurrency can become centralized too. If this happening, i think there won't be freedom in using crypto anymore.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:41:26 AM

I think its not going to be happen. Because the initial goal of making bitcoin is to give people the new form of financial transactions which more easy, effective, no need a lot of third party (decentralized system). So i thought if one day bitcoin turn out into centralized, it will not make any differentiation with the existing financial system that often high in cost, expensive, and uneffective.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 10:51:51 AM

I doubt that bitcoin will become centralized - it was created for the opposite purpose - to make it free from monopoly. Its demand will be as long as the time will be of interest to people to use. It is convenient quickly and safely. Now its not the best time and price, look today 6511 is not at all good: o But soon everything will recover. Cheesy Cheesy

rakesh6162

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:59:17 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency , a currency free from the Govt. and banks. if somebody trying to centralized it, that would mean Bitcoin has failed its original purpose and it will become worthless. Because Bitcoin is based on blockchain technology and blockchain  the technology underpinning it, cannot be centalized.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: