Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:14:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:10:35 AM

i think so. with the governments work, they try to centralized bitcoin. they try to centralized every thing from beginning.
If the government does not have dominant stock then they can not centralize, which can make bitcoin centralization of course is the majority owner, because bitcoin equals shares, who has big capital then he can control.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BrindHexta

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:19:54 AM

I believe it will not. The only possible thing that will happen is that exchanges all over the country can be decentralized in order to get tax from the crypto community.
cris hazada

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:53:07 AM

To ensure some sort of centralisation never happen, the best way is still to spread the hashrate concentration to multiple new pools.I think bitcoin can make the system in this world more systematic and centralized so manay people will can be longer live without worrying about money
semutracing

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:11:44 AM

I think it can reduce value because it's centralized and I think people who use their bitcoin want privacy and become anonymous and in my opinion this has been centralized with the possibility of decentralization if the centralization becomes increasingly clear
Chaelbrin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:18:03 AM

at the point when every one of the squares where mined after that I dont figure chaina will have the capibilty they have at the present time. or on the other hand if individuals are contemplating the exchange charge devidation at that point let me disclose to you that the compitation level will be most noteworthy around then in light of the fact that the trouble will stay same and each body can contribute a settled sum on a machine and can mine and get a part of the aggregate exchange expenses.
barcelona 94

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:06:08 AM

I believe it will not. The only possible thing that will happen is that exchanges all over the country can be decentralized in order to get tax from the crypto community.
tikanima

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:15:38 AM

It will be very easy for the government to destroy it, and users will lose anonymity made from the past, everyone who owns the computer has a CPU. But now the only effective way to exploit Bitcoin is to have an ASIC miner, a dedicated Bitcoin miner. Nowadays, not everyone can exploit bitcoin because of expensive equipment
Wiliam88

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:21:29 AM

Certainly the bitcoin can be a centralized sometimes in the future because that's what's going to happen
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:26:18 AM

This is exactly what governments want. Governments usually support the blockchain technology and bitcoin and and at the same time they like to control the transactions to find the people who do illegal activities. It means that they wan a cryptocurrency which centralized. It's impossible to have both bitcoin and centralization simultaneously. Bitcoin is not a cryptocurrency if it is centralized.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:34:52 AM

I share the same thought,at some point, Bitcoin will grow so much that it will be almost impossible to ignore its influence, at this point, the governments might reach a truce and decide centralize the coi and make it illegal so that it can operate legally. This way, the governments get something off it through taxation, and the Bitcoin users will be protected from extreme dips. It shall all come down to a consensus between the regulating bodies and te Bitcoin users, if an agreement cant be reached then BTC will remain decentralized

you can already see in some countries like Germany, France, Japan etc that they're regulating bitcoin the way that they're not going to default and start banning it.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:39:59 AM

I share the same thought,at some point, Bitcoin will grow so much that it will be almost impossible to ignore its influence, at this point, the governments might reach a truce and decide centralize the coi and make it illegal so that it can operate legally. This way, the governments get something off it through taxation, and the Bitcoin users will be protected from extreme dips. It shall all come down to a consensus between the regulating bodies and te Bitcoin users, if an agreement cant be reached then BTC will remain decentralized

you can already see in some countries like Germany, France, Japan etc that they're regulating bitcoin the way that they're not going to default and start banning it.

These countries might accept Bitcoin, legalized it even but I don't think that they will go to a point where they need to centralized Bitcoin or even other digital currencies since it is one of the most popular feature of Bitcoin and most of the crypto currencies. The reason it is legalized in order to protect the users of it on the country, I don't think that if they did not legalize it is illegal, it don't work like that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
niz3r_nade

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:01:55 AM

I think this will not happen. we know that bitcoin is decentralized. bitcoin stays going without anyone's help. if this is centralized many companies may be asking for our real identity.
infested

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:03:44 AM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

It is already centralized. The big miners with the huge farms that costed millions of dollars control already the majority of BTC.
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

i think it already is centralized with the possibility of a decentralized out if that centralization becomes too obvious. bitcoin could use a genuine scare to reinforce what it should all be about.

For me its possible given the fact, day by day countries who accept Bitcoin as their way yo improve transactions were getting bigger and we can say that to maintain peace and orderliness in terms of community and blockchain technology will remain as it has to be, and I see that governments will require for this since we have to stop money fraud and anomalies.

u01p113

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:12:39 AM

I don't think that  Bitcoin centralization will ever happen, China is leading the world in mining but other countries are catching on.
andreyka0308

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:35:07 PM

Bitcoin becomes centralized in the future, and I think it's possible. At present, Bitcoin rates are the highest on the crypto-currency market, and if Bitcoin becomes popular in the future, its exchange rate will probably not increase as much as it does now. By that time, people will no longer be interested in investing in bitcoins, as now. And then bitkoyn will become the official currency, for example, offline currency
korobitsyna96

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:28:17 PM

Bitcoin does not need to become a centralized coin, otherwise the whole meaning of the cryptocurrency will be lost. After all, now it is good that the coins are not centralized.
angchosenone

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:01:34 PM

It would in any case stay as it ought to be and im firmly accepting on that thing in light of the fact that regardless of how trouble increments and excavators would be more created or overhauled it doest extremely imply that it will make bitcoin to be decentralized and we as a whole realize that bitcoin cannot be not really controlled by any third party.If they would plan to control or incorporated it then they will experience serious difficulties on breaking it without a doubt.
Pandu Gleen

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:28:57 PM

True, Bitcoin as a decentralized currency will be a centralized digital currency because it will be the number one digital currency worldwide with the most holders. In my opinion.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:49:57 PM

One great thing about Btc and almost all crypto is decentralisation. Apart from the fact that it yields higher profit when you invest in it, decentralisation is another feature that attracted and keeps attracting people into crypto.To me the day Btc becomes centralised is the beginning of its end.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: