Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:10:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
jayo89

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:55:02 PM

Bitcoin no one will become centralized, because it was conceived as a decentralized coin based on the Blockchain, this is the reason for its use!

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:56:07 PM

i don't really see this happening because if bitcoin is centralized automatically is deviating from blockchain and some person will now be controlling, if this happen that means bitcoin will lose most of it reputation.
poisonivy77

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:57:05 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley
I think it will not be centralize, it is clear that once it became centralized everything about bitcoin may change including the fact that the government will get hold or control over it, and taxes would be implemented.

danielwang2112

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:59:22 PM

Yiu made some nice observation,bitcoin is to a large extent centralised due to asics mining hardware.SOme large companies own very large share of the network as opposed to everyone sharing a tiny bit.Maybe bitcoin will become the center of the future because of its advantages.
tuliobrothers

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:00:43 PM

Well,  there is a great chance that in the future  bitcoin will become centralized and will rule our world but it is not easy and will take lots of years before it happen.

Briella18

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:46:02 AM

bitcoin system will not be changed. bitcoin will always be decentralized although the government requested to be converted into centralization it would never happen.
mware

Activity: 390

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:17:14 AM

Initially everybody could mine Bitcoin with their CPU’s. And everybody who owns computer, have CPU. but currently, only efficient way to mine Bitcoin is to have ASIC miner, which is dedicated miner only for Bitcoin. now not everyone can mine bitcoin because expensive equipment. in china the miners can get cheap cost for electricity, this can reduce operating costs and this is why many bitcoin miners from china
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:17:56 AM

i have a feeling that sometime in the near future,bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed...mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed,it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day would still remain as it should be and im strongly believing on that thing because no matter how difficulty increases and miners would be more developed or upgraded it doest really mean that it will make bitcoin to be decentralized and we all know that bitcoin cant be hardly controlled If they would plan to control or centralized it then they will have a hard time on cracking it for sure.
Linanak

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:46:28 AM

However, bitcoin is a decentralized currency, and its developers will do their best to keep it that way. Otherwise the whole point of it is lost.
kristen09192

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:48:37 AM

Bitcoin is starting to spur representation from within start-ups that contain economic standards which aim at putting new people into currency circulation.As US has high energy costs, miners will look further into countries with cheap rates such as Venezuela and China, to expand their profits. In addition, I hope that more miners would join BTC to help decentralize it even further.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 04:54:02 AM

Although Bitcoin is decentralized in the sense that it does not fall under any government or central bank it is becoming centralized in a way that the Elite holders of Bitcoin are in a sense in full control because they know when to bring the price down and crash it then accumulate more and more so that way they control it to their advantage and the smaller holders are at their full mercy. The biggest whales and sharks are always in control. It happens to all money. Only thing with Bitcoin is some basement kids were lucky to mine it in the early days and become very rich from it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Ambrosius

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:03:17 AM

It seems imposible to happens, the bitcoin becomes centered. There will be nothing more special than bitcoin if it becomes centralized and there is bound to be a war between countries scrambling to become a bitcoin control center.

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
jean messi

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:55:16 AM

My country doesn't even mention bitcoin on the newspaper frequently. A few mentions here and there and our government said just to be careful and never looked back to it. Absolute freedom that I hope lasts for more months or years.
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:20:11 AM

Well, it is possible to happen because most of the country now accept bitcoin as digital currency, and they saw how big is the help of bitcoin in other country.  Bitcoin now will make many changes like having a crypto currency card whereas anytime you can withdraw and anywhere it is a big help to make bitcoin become centralized.
dragon 88

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:26:52 AM

Its hard to see Bitcoin Being centralized coz if it does then its value as a crypto will be lost, But again if you look closely, centralization of Bitcoin is probably the only way in which the governments will fully legalize Bitcoin operations, the rest remains to be seen as the legislation Battles take center stage
prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:06:52 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

Bitcoin will become centralized in the future? I think it would not be happen because bitcoin is already decentralized and this is created in full with a decentralized system.
LKingLion

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:09:59 PM

Once bitcoin become centralized it will be crash severely to the point of corrupt people will take the chance to steal whatever that they can through government services such as helping the poor, senior citizen program and more.
fire rab1

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:03:06 PM

If bitcoin become centralized not only government can easily destroy it but also users anonymity will be gone as more information would be needed. Centralization would not allow bitcoin to grow better. The reason is that controlling authority always aims at more and more profit, which affects the common users. To eliminate this bitcoin needs to continue as a decentralized currency.
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:05:46 PM

No it won't occur if the bitcoin group on the whole not assist any power with collecting the information of the clients of bitcoin. Till the time when there will be mysterious wallets and trades will be accessible then bitcoin is a decentralized while in other way it will have a tendency to be brought together which isn't positive.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:06:44 PM

It cant be happen, because if 51% of bitcoin network centralized you know whats happened.
All blockchains live while it decentralized

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: