Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:08:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
Otsu

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:04:58 AM

There is a chanced that it will become centralized as anything could be possible to be done especially in goverment. But as of now, it will not going to happen because the volatility of bitcoin is very high and it will not be a good impact to the people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheWolfCrypto

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:42:50 PM

Bitcoin will never be centralized, since this is one of its main features. If bitcoin becomes centralized, its value will be lost and bitcoin will cease to be used.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
Roni116

Activity: 269

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:03:55 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

It seems that bitcoin will not be centralized because the system is decentralized, bitcoin will not be controlled by the command and will stay like this.

[ Soil.co ]
───────────[  Earn USDT/USDC | Up to 14% Passive Income ]───────────
mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:20:04 PM

For the moment i don't think that even Chinese miners can influence on bitcoin price, or making it centralized even when they have over 80% of current bitcoin hash power.
Even the % of hash power is huge, there are different people who control it in China.
As long as someone from Chinese miners won't gain 51% of hash power in his pool, we should be okay i guess.
I do truly hope that bitcoin will remain a decentralized cryptocurrency, just how it's mean to be from the day 1.

PS: Why 80% of hash power belongs to China miners? proof > https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/mining/pools/
Marvelio

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

If the bitcoin is centered in the near future then it loses its ideology because decentralization is catching crypto currency. So I really do not see it happening anytime.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:27:45 PM

In the future, bitcoin will become centralized and controlled by greedy people in the government. I guess they can also determine the identity of each user. These transactions may be discovered after the transaction.

It can be in the future. But the best way to use bitcoin for us we'll be creating a system that includes using it without centralised system, it is very hard to explain but I guess you know what I mean.
Well, if we really think deeply to the Bitcoin in the coming future, there is really a possibility that the Bitcoin will become at the hand of the government and they will  be the one that will control over it, yes being a centralized one. But for me, it is much good if the Bitcoin will remain a decentralized and all the users are just anonymous.

I agree that it is a real possibility. It's not too hard to imagine a government wanting to take control of something within its own jurisdiction. People like to think that things like that won't happen, but it's a very real possibility. Of course like you mentioned, we all hope it can stay as decentralized as possible.
cryptocurrenciesboom

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:47:09 PM

In the future, bitcoin will become centralized and controlled by greedy people in the government. I guess they can also determine the identity of each user. These transactions may be discovered after the transaction.

It can be in the future. But the best way to use bitcoin for us we'll be creating a system that includes using it without centralised system, it is very hard to explain but I guess you know what I mean.
Well, if we really think deeply to the Bitcoin in the coming future, there is really a possibility that the Bitcoin will become at the hand of the government and they will  be the one that will control over it, yes being a centralized one. But for me, it is much good if the Bitcoin will remain a decentralized and all the users are just anonymous.

I agree that it is a real possibility. It's not too hard to imagine a government wanting to take control of something within its own jurisdiction. People like to think that things like that won't happen, but it's a very real possibility. Of course like you mentioned, we all hope it can stay as decentralized as possible.
Theoretically, the situation is possible, even now there are doubts that bitcoin is decentralized as it is concentrated on several thousand purses. You can also see the serious influence of bitmain on network ownership. However, such a trend, and even more so the facts confirming centralization can force people to reconsider the importance of bitcoin and abandon it.

joshua0502

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 06:54:39 PM

It could happened for the future.
As long as bitcoin made an impact around the world, many organization or government gave an attention on controlling bitcoin.
But if it is true, is true worth it to use bitcoin? It will gave us a good impact or opposite of that.
But as long as it is a decentralized it will make us all satisfied on it.
queenlaurel

Activity: 182

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:43:16 PM

In some countries Bitcoin is already centralized. Globally, not but let's say sometime in the future, maybe. Centralization of Bitcoin will happen in the far future not nearest future. We are hoping it does get centralized, the more people get involved the more the possibility.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:46:38 PM

I think it could happen in the future. The bitcoin problem is concentrated by the miners. I think maybe in the future China will do this because there are many bitcoin mining plants being built in China. and this can negatively impact the bitcoin value.
Yes, I do believe that it will be centralized soon and it will more regularion about it, But I dont knkw if its good lr bad for the bitcoin and the bitcoin users. Surely there are many people will be affected especially miners when it was being centralized and the value will be manipulate and control that time.

GOYA58

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 10:51:24 PM

I don't think that bitcoin could become centralized anytime in future. Bitcoin is the prototype of all blockchains and cryptocurrency and just look at the white paper. It stands for a decentralized network and I think making in centralized would kill the whole project and damage all other blockchains and cryptocurrency as well. I would even personally feel very disappointed and that we have failed Satoshi Nakamoto. I rather support the statements of Buterin that it is also about time to reduce the power of centralized exchange platforms.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:54:32 PM

I think it could happen in the future. The bitcoin problem is concentrated by the miners. I think maybe in the future China will do this because there are many bitcoin mining plants being built in China. and this can negatively impact the bitcoin value.
Yes, I do believe that it will be centralized soon and it will more regularion about it, But I dont knkw if its good lr bad for the bitcoin and the bitcoin users. Surely there are many people will be affected especially miners when it was being centralized and the value will be manipulate and control that time.
If it go centralized truly it won't be valued big, being decentralized is the one thing that makes most of the cryptocurrencies successful. When it begins to function on the centralized platform automatically the respective government will get the best earning out of it leaving nothing to the user community.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:38:43 PM

If it go centralized truly it won't be valued big, being decentralized is the one thing that makes most of the cryptocurrencies successful. When it begins to function on the centralized platform automatically the respective government will get the best earning out of it leaving nothing to the user community.

That's certainly true, mate. What keeps cryptocurrencies alive and running, is their decentralization. Their openness allows anyone to support it regardless of their economic status, race, etc. That's the reason why they're much stronger and resilient against attacks than centralized systems. However, if centralized control is enforced over a cryptocurrency then it would most likely fail or stale in growth and user adoption. This has been the case with Ripple's XRP token, which is extremely centralized and hasn't been able to grow in value at an exponential rate than most cryptocurrencies we know and love today.

The reason is simple. People don't want to trust a middleman anymore since, they want full control over their funds. And the better way to achieve this would be via a decentralized cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. While it's said that Bitcoin's mining process is centralized, Bitcoin as a cryptocurrency for daily use is still decentralized, and I hope that it would stay like that for the long term. The community and development team would be responsible for avoiding Bitcoin to become centralized in the future. However, it all depends whenever they want to keep it that way, or not. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:56:21 PM

Good luck getting all the miners on that "centralized" fork.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:25:50 PM

Bitcoin is made on the Blockchain decentralized technology and that is why Bitcoin go too much popularity in the digital world, I think the concept of centralized sometime in future is wrong it will be same as decentralized in future,
Alex31207

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:37:04 PM

What is needed is centralization.After all, large investors do not go into this game,because they are afraid of losing money.The market is very volatile.A lot of scams.We need leverage to get the big players in.And that means we need centralization.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:40:50 PM

Logically it can not, because the bitcoins themselves are created decentralized. Creating centralization takes a lot of effort and effort in my opinion, besides you have to manage all the bitcoins you also have to have all the bitcoin in circulation right now.

aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

Bitcoin is not controlled by the government, but bitcoin is based on market demand and supply, and bitcoin will not be centralized.

yamete kudasai

Activity: 226
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:18:14 PM

The future of bitcoin and this industry is still untold so many things are still possible to happen. But centralization of bitcoin is so ironic to happen. Chinese miners make up a significant population of miners but there are also independent and dispersed miners around the globe. I personally don't think that those Chinese miners can directly affect the market for bitcoin.
Dynika

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:35:43 PM

Despite the fact that bitcoin is now decentralized, it is easily managed by large players. They control the price of bitcoin. I see this as the main problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: