Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:50:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become centralized sometime in the future?  (Read 8097 times)
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:20:50 PM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

i dont think bitcoin will become centralized just because mined by some big parties.
if they mining with a great portion of share, they only have bitcoin more than us, not making bitcoin centralized.
though with the amount of their bitcoin, they can control the market price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 01:36:02 PM

when all whale join their btc and have more than 60% from total supply,that is the end of decentralized era.they can easy manipulate market and the price will depend on them.thats what i scared.

iam_aayushiJ

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:52:39 AM

More than 50% of the mining is done by Chinese pools. That means that they control the network - who's transactions get in, whose transactions are left out. Since the block reward was reduced to 12.5BTC, they are completing it with transaction fees - the bigger the transaction you're sending - the bigger the fee you need to pay them. Last time I've checked I've seen some transactions with fees of more than $1000 worth of BTC in them. It also depends on the BTC price.

So in a sense, Bitcoin is starting to act like a traditional banking system - owned by Chinese people.

Blockchain size is increasing rapidly and soon to reach 200GB of storage - when the size will get ever larger, especially assuming that people that host the entire chain on their computer do not get rewarded for it and maintaining a full node requires electricity + storage + network uptime, it will soon be costly to run a full node. 200GB and even 1TB of storage is no problem for a central authority to run, and it seems to be going in that direction. How can the network continue to be P2P like that? And especially what happens if that main storage will be taken over by the authorities and be shut down?

Downloading and installing a node is costly and difficult, most of the wallets being opened by people today are online wallets, most likely under the main site [Suspicious link removed], and this site seems to be run by ghosts - there's no actual person there that you can contact in case of problems with your wallet, and the only way to contact them is through a Luxembourg court order (see "Legal" section on their site). Same goes for the bitcoin.org domain - there's no person that can take responsibility for these operations. What happens if tomorrow [Suspicious link removed] gets shut down for legal actions? What will happen with people's wallets and their funds then?
There is no governance, and the only thing that governs the entire network is mathematics. What happens if tomorrow all Chinese pools collaborate together, make a Bitcoin transaction of 1M Bitcoins, and after 5 or 6 blocks (confirmation) they start to re-mine all the blocks again in order to erase that transaction from the chain? Assuming that they outline all the other competitors, I can't think of a scenario where they won't catch up and even win over the honest chain, assuming the difficulty changes only every 2016 blocks. If I was the owner of these pools, what can prevent me from deliberately ceasing all my mining power? wait for the net difficulty to lower, and then do this attack?

🅲🅾🅸🅽🆂🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷 SCAM 🅴🆇🅲🅷🅰🅽🅶🅴
checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:59:16 PM

No it won't occur if the bitcoin group on the whole not assist any power with collecting the information of the clients of bitcoin. Till the time when there will be mysterious wallets and trades will be accessible then bitcoin is a decentralized while in other way it will have a tendency to be brought together which isn't positive.
I also do not think so , to me I think that bitcoin is not going to centralize, it will remain as decentralize forever, and even if it will even happen then bitcoin will lose its value and originality. Therefore we are not expecting that bitcoin is going to centralize.

Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:21:21 PM

This can be of course. That’s one of the predictions that bitcoin enthusiasts already saw. It will replace a lot of things like banks and physical money, and probably a source of corruption if everything get’s outta hand. But that’s just a theory. So just live the life that you’re living now in this community.

Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:34:02 AM

As Bitcoin mining is partially controlled by Chinese miners, I have a feeling that sometime in the near future, Bitcoin can become centralized if no solution against this is proposed.

If BTC could manage to bring a solution towards mining centralization by preventing mining pools with the most hashrate to effectively gain control of the network, then it would aim to become more decentralized over the years.

As mining difficulty increases and new ASIC hardware gets developed, it would make it less possible for any average user to mine Bitcoin, thus making it more centralized each day.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this, as if BTC becomes centralized, it might cause it to decrease in value, and most of all, violate the principles that it was created for.  Smiley

Will bitcoin become centralized in the future? i think it wont be happen because if that happen bitcoin will lose its freedom and also if it becomes centralized it will affect thedemand of bitcoin.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:54:14 PM

Centralization would not allow bitcoin to grow better. The reason is that controlling authority always aims at more and more profit, which affects the common users.This fiat virtual currency is centralized and unlike bitcoins it is controlled by banks and by the government. It is controllable, monitored to combat tax evasion, money laundering and forgery.

The definition of decentralization is that no one can control the system,It means that there is no and will not be the central administrator,But it will be decentralized only in this situation if you mean of its technical issues and regulations,In my opinion it can not be centralized by the regulations,even if they are very strict...but what about market psychology, of course by the speculative behaviors it may be centralized,but I think its not correct to say that it will be controlled by this opinion,It would be better to say partly ,,influenced''.
overseer470

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:56:00 PM

When all the blocks where mined after that i dont think china will have right now. or if people are thinking about the transaction fee devitation then let me tell you that the compatition level will be highest at that time because the difficulty will remain same and every body can invest a fixed amount on a machine and can mine and get a portion of the total transaction fees.
tazman

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:28:35 PM

I believe it will not. The only possible thing that will happen is that exchanges all over the country can be decentralized in order to get tax from the crypto community.
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:41:01 PM

Despite the fact that the issue of regulation has long been the main one on the agenda, there is not yet a single system that would allow the development of legal cryptography. Basically, operations performed with bitcoin are defined in different countries in different ways, which significantly complicates market regulation.
Nevertheless, the Asian region is today the most active in the mining of bitcoin and other digital coins, and in terms of the volume of transactions.
AltCoinBuddah

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:43:54 PM

With increasing cost of mining and increasing resources for bitcoin mining, centralization is possible. In this case, the brain production centers of bitcoin will control its production no more than
gwyncox.81

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:30:31 AM

I am hopeful that bitcoin, or any other virtual currency will replace the need for banks. Another thing is that these systems can switch to block-based technology for distributed data storage.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:42:11 AM

I believe it will not. The only possible thing that will happen is that exchanges all over the country can be decentralized in order to get tax from the crypto community.

I don't also believe that Bitcoin or maybe other crypto currencies in the future will be centralized since out of the most popular features of these crypto currencies are it's decetralization and it's anonymity. With crypto currency centralized, there will be no more decentralization, that is obvious and no more anonymity and especially no more volatility.
justin0062

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:44:54 AM

Looking at the way governments are banning bitcoin and cryptocurrency usage in many countries, I think they will only accept it when it becomes centralized to control monetary affairs. If those plan will come in real then I think another revolution will happen. And, iI hope after June, we will see results of this step
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:55:10 AM

I think there will always be degrees of centralization in terms of mining concentration and distribution of ownership, among other factors, but bitcoin will always be more or less free of central bank control, which counts for a lot.
cris hazada

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:49:25 AM

Bitcoin does not have a centralized system that would be managed by one organization. Security control and, indirectly, the way the development of the currency is carried out by the participants - people who are engaged in "digging", launching Bitcoin software on their computers.
haophan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:08:49 AM

10 boys are not sour. the future is not
 Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:22:14 AM

When you look at the statistics, many cryptocurrencies are owned in majority by few entities, Bitcoin is no exception to this. A new report out recently by Finance Magnates actually highlights that overall, less than 1% of Bitcoin investors actually have the capacity to control over 35% of the network, therefore one could argue that Bitcoin really isn’t so decentralized after all.
naldal barcelona

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:20:46 AM

In my perception, If bitcoin become a centralized then the anonymity by Itself will be gone and It will be easily be manipulate by the Government. So, I think Its Impossible to be happen.
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:24:40 AM

centralized in the sense and category of what I think if centered in a country and government that would not be possible because bitcoin is free and global for anyone who accesses bitcoin

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: