Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down.  (Read 64386 times)
Loconosci

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

FUCK THE SYSTEM!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:59:00 PM

anyone tried the site yet?   

I'm too uneducated to click on in case my computer blows up

(I do have adblocker, is that enough?)

This site isn't a scam.

FUCK THE SYSTEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anon24

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:24:00 PM

cross posting on request of the OP

I'm new, so I'm forced to post it here. Maybe anybody can copy&paste it at least to the following thread:
"Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Service Discussion > Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down".

Simon, the owner of bitcoin-24.com just explained on his facebook-page last night's hot wallet-activity:

---------
1. The transcations of today were requested withdrawals.
2. It was NOT a bitcoin-24-staff-member who sent the 465 btc to the hot wallet, but some user, for whatever reason.
So the pending withdrawal transactions were started automatically afterwards.
---------

A state of the Unon adress by myself Smiley

Simon is facing hard times atm. The criminal investigation department of the city of Bremen forced the bank to block the Euro-account in Poland.
There are 3 lawyers - one of them a lawyer of Mt.Gox, too - working to get things cleared.
Simon has held out the prospect that withdrawals in all currencies - except for EUR - could be managed asap, since it came out, that only the EUR-account is blocked; they're working right now on a specific withdrawal page and wait for instructions of their lawyers.

The trading engine had no significant problems until the day of the shutdown. The virulent video, on which transaction-doublings etc. are shown, is fake - according to Simon he contacted the user, checked his account and nothing extraordinary was found there.

Last but not least:
If - I say IF - the German authorities happen to realize the dimension of their action and decide to get Simon involved in a money laundering-trial, my urgent proposal would be for the bitcoin-24-users to unite and organize a coordinated defense. Otherwise it could take months if not longer to get the money back from the then closed accounts.

Stand by Simon, folks. I don't know him personally, but I'm finally convinced that he's a good guy, by far not a criminal. He's a young idealist facing a bunch of shit right now, and he's doing all day (and night) long what he can to clear things up.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177494.0
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 08:52:02 PM

I don't see any activity on this Bitcoin24 Facebook page.  Is there another one?

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Newscastix

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:59:02 PM

I don't see any activity on this Bitcoin24 Facebook page.  Is there another one?

No, This is the only one.
anon24

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:11:56 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 02:20:12 AM by anon24

this is the only comment that has been made via the facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bitcoin.24/posts/622449231101962?comment_id=7172850&offset=0&total_comments=11

i think the OP of that thread possibly meant reddit instead of facebook. edit: there are apparently fb posts regarding this in german (which i can't read). he has been active(ish) there the last couple of days. i don't know why he doesn't post in this thread - he has an account on this forum.
Rockefoten

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:12:41 PM

Just curious: Have any of the involved other than Simon sufficiently confirmed Simon's story of parts of it?
Has for example, any of the lawyers confirmed that they are helping Simon and that his version of the story is correct?

Sorry if this has been done and I've missed it, but there's information on this issue all over the place and the only things I've seen so far is Simon himself giving out information.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:20:25 PM

The same old song. Does anyone believe they get the coins back?
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:56:35 PM

This time there is also lot of fiat involved. Maybe we get them back but I dont have much hope.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Beutelschneider

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:38:06 PM

Last but not least:
If - I say IF - the German authorities happen to realize the dimension of their action and decide to get Simon involved in a money laundering-trial, my urgent proposal would be for the bitcoin-24-users to unite and organize a coordinated defense. Otherwise it could take months if not longer to get the money back from the then closed accounts.

Stand by Simon, folks. I don't know him personally, but I'm finally convinced that he's a good guy, by far not a criminal. He's a young idealist facing a bunch of shit right now, and he's doing all day (and night) long what he can to clear things up.

You guys don't know how the german authorities work. Let me say it this way: Even if something they do is wrong, they do it right! Obey the rules, follow them, the spirit hasn't changed much in the last 75 years in some institutions!

Don't expect common sense from them! Prosecutors / state attorneys aren't really independent like in other countries, they might be bound to directives from ruling politicians! And the City of Bremen has about 16billions debt! I wouldn't wonder if they try to seizure as much as they can, dirty tricks included!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:50:47 PM

Hmm no coins have been released to depositors ....
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:20:19 AM

The same old song. Does anyone believe they get the coins back?

when the kriminalpolizei says "money laundering" they mean DRUGS. when german authorities get involved be ready for an astonishing, unseen and unimaginable amount of incompetence and stubborness. also, they always think the worst of what people are up to. german authorities never trust their own citizens. so this may take a while.

when they believe its a money laundering setup for drug deals they will seize cash.

some german police officer might have googled "bitcoin" and found "silk road" and "bitcoin-24" and set off a stampede believing he´ll found something really big.

when german authorities get hold of the btc accounts at btc-24 they will surely try to put them in the garbage bin...  Grin Grin
Booooooo

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:00:23 PM

Ok the impossibility to cash out, ok the impossibility to trade bitcoins, but AT LEAST should be given, and quickly, the possibility to transfer bitcoins elsewhere, I do not think all users have been affected by the trading engine bug, , wtf!

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:46:30 PM

Ok the impossibility to cash out, ok the impossibility to trade bitcoins, but AT LEAST should be given, and quickly, the possibility to transfer bitcoins elsewhere, I do not think all users have been affected by the trading engine bug, , wtf!

A bug? It's a well known trick!
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:15:48 PM

Things will go very very bad for Simon very quickly if he does not refund the btc and communite about refunding the rest of our money. Unlike pirate he is also sitting on a large amount of Fiat, so not too long before Police and authorities are going to be involved.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:24:41 PM

lol, you wont get back your bitcoins / withdrawal wont work until bank account not released  by authority ,
cos if eur bank account never be unlocked  , then you get back only 30-80% of your bitcoins , other coins will cover the fiat loss, will go those who lost their fiat money

RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:50:12 PM

lol, you wont get back your bitcoins / withdrawal wont work until bank account not released  by authority ,
cos if eur bank account never be unlocked  , then you get back only 30-80% of your bitcoins , other coins will cover the fiat loss, will go those who lost their fiat money

Your lol shows little empathy.

How do you know? Has this been confirmed by Simon?

I send a request to them not to release the coins yet as I have no coins there but euro. And I thought it was not fair that all loses would be carried by the euro holders, and none by the coin holders.

However, upon further thinking I thought it was also not fair to the coin holders that they should share in the losses of euro holders, since we all chose ourselves whether to trust the exchange with our euro's or our coins.

For example, let's say the exchange is hacked and coins are stolen. I would find it unfair that if I have no coins there and only euro, that part of my euro would be used to cover that loss, since I have consciously been smart never to leave coins at the exchange.

So I have send another email, saying, for me the coins can be released.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:52:19 PM

For example, let's say the exchange is hacked and coins are stolen. I would find it unfair that if I have no coins there and only euro, that part of my euro would be used to cover that loss, since I have consciously been smart never to leave coins at the exchange.
That's exactly what happened at Bitfloor. Bitcoin holders lost funds but the dollar holders did not.
mrvision

Activity: 527

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:45:47 PM

Cri cri... cri cri... cri cri...  Roll Eyes
allocater

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:03:54 PM

How is this all different from Cyprus? Bank/Exchange bankrupt because of money laundering / incompetence. Everybody loses money/bitcoins. Brave New Bitcoin World indeed.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:06:58 PM

i don't know what is more annoying

1) my money(i am referring to fiat) is locked with a chance not to see them for the next 3months to infinity
2)BTClooking ready to take off and my capital is locked
3)Simon doesn't bother to make a daily announcement even in his bad English.

I think you are missing the forrest from the trees. How about
4) The only possible reason for not allowing you to withdraw the BTC is he has no intention of ever giving you the BTC back.

Worrying about missing a price move seems kinda silly if you never get anything (at any price) back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: