Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down.  (Read 64386 times)
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:44:04 PM

The authorities closed Simon's little money laundering, because he had not a single verification procedure. Imagine all the money laundering after a successful phishing. His exchange grand them laundering in 5 mins. Register, use instant sofort banking or giro pay buy bitcoins, transfer. That was the main reason the price at btc24 was always way higher than the other exchanges.This is Simon's fault and he has to take some responsibility and not blame the banks, authorities, and customers.

Is he blaming the customers?

Given the latest statement he gave in German, I would say yes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:15:02 PM

While the fiat holders are somehow protected by the authorities ...

lol, i sold XY btc , (in 1 transaction), without any identity proof,   when gox was down,   so what do you think am i  fiat holder?  authorites know nothing about me, and from all others who deposited btc , and not via sepa

+1

what do we do? email confirmation with Bitcoin-24 and "withdrawal" screen shots from transactions from our other trading platform? Bitstamp has records of everything that goes in and out for you to look at...

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:16:32 PM

I would say no, also based on his last declaration.

michaelGedi

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:17:30 PM

The authorities closed Simon's little money laundering, because he had not a single verification procedure. Imagine all the money laundering after a successful phishing. His exchange grand them laundering in 5 mins. Register, use instant sofort banking or giro pay buy bitcoins, transfer. That was the main reason the price at btc24 was always way higher than the other exchanges.This is Simon's fault and he has to take some responsibility and not blame the banks, authorities, and customers.

now that makes sense... I transferred bitcoins to sell to make extra money... buy at $60, sell at €55... no reason not to. Except for this shit now of course

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

michaelGedi

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:19:27 PM

I would say no, also based on his last declaration.

can you give us a quote that supports that?

All I saw was a "guys I'm not going to run off with your money, what do you think of me" and "the guys who are threatening me will be dealt with" type comments... no blame on "customers" at all

glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:27:21 PM

so i guess we should start to sue.
If he had no legal statuts he is at least responsible for that. We are the victims here.
Not sure how to gather up and do something in germany. any idea?

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:05:28 PM

Simon's operation was closed due to "suspicion of fraud" not ml,

" Ladies and Gentlemen,

regarding your question, I would like to inform that due www.bitcoins-24.de not the Bremen authorities, but law enforcement authorities in Berlin are responsible for the facts in the investigation. The investigation on suspicion of fraud will be conducted at the StA Berlin under number 241 Js 380/13.

I ask relevant questions thus jurisdictional convenience to be sent to the local authority in Berlin. "

therefore there maybe still a chance for fraud charges to be dropped and maybe continue the operation, or just let everybody get their money out.

BlockChain Capital
freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:32:14 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 10:45:45 PM by freethink2013

why not, he's blamed everyone else (but himself)

narcissist psychopath
MegaBrutal

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:07:51 PM

Hmm... It seems we are many, and some of us have high stakes, which provides great motivation to act to get the money back.

I'm not sure if Simon or the German authority is the bad guy here - probably both. Moreover, I don't know which of them is more prone to transfer our BTC back to us.

If German authorities recognize that Bitcoins are value, then there is hope they'll not confiscate them. Anyway, the German authorities could be sued if they don't give out our BTC. The most wealthy men could unite to put up such a great lawsuit that even stands a chance against the German authority. This is just my common sense speculation, but think about it!

BTC: 18nAftZTnH4LjY9fPPow1aF5tGD1JiF7ZH
LTC: LV9MiA3iPVUm8qRFYbLkARuoYwvmHwhWaC

Buy some Negro candies!
freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:26:57 PM

But NOOO It is the EVIL banks
A reminder of his last Tweets

Bitcoin-24.com ‏@Bitcoin24com 14 Apr
It is time for something new. A new big business and a very serious Company, which can not be fuc***! We will be back for sure!
Expand
    Bitcoin-24.com ‏@Bitcoin24com 14 Apr
Bank are saying, that they will support Bitcoin! But they don't. It is time for a press release, that the banks will NOT accept Bitcoins!

Its completely up to the authorities  gentlemen .Don't expect much from Bitcoin-24.com

edit:.... ladies and gentlemen.....

i deposited bitcoin, never sold bitcoin, can't withdraw bitcoin. No bank was ever involved.

Yet somehow the banks are to blame and simon is jesus 2.0. Love the seized hardware rumour he's putting out so he can hold onto people's bitcoin. He can update his website but can't return bitcoin. hmmm

I'm 'lucky' in that I only deposited a small amount of bitcoin. Still annoying and hope he gets raped in prison.
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:39:42 PM

it s not all about bitcoin. Euro should come back too in a reasonable timeframe. Otherwise i guess we can act.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
TimJBenham

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:36:05 AM

The authorities closed Simon's little money laundering, ... Imagine all the money laundering after a successful phishing.

You say that like money laundering is a bad thing.  Huh

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 12:47:02 AM

The authorities closed Simon's little money laundering, ... Imagine all the money laundering after a successful phishing.

You say that like money laundering is a bad thing.  Huh
I think there are a lot of people interested in bitcoin who still fall prey to state propaganda.

Folks, entertain the theory that any good business that respects the privacy of its customers qualifies as an open door to "money laundering", and that the prevention of THEFT requires... Prevention!  (Not Catching the thief afterwards by trampling all over everyone else.)

The non-theft-related "laundering" of money (tax evasion and hiding the profits from businesses that are illegal) are actually very good for economies, and the government stance against them is oppressive and destructive. 

Austrian economics can demonstrate this, and if that interests you, check out The Ludwig von Mises Institute.  If you'd like a more panoptic view, do a search for austrian bitcoin on your favorite search engine.  If the results don't make sense, try Google instead and ditch that other search engine to reduce your exposure to so much propaganda.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
ivanc

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:05:49 AM

I have currently 30,000 EUR on Bitcoin 24, and would be happy to sue the German government now.
Let them seize the servers and let's do forensics on them to figure out what everybody's balance is.
After that, let's pay everyone.
Other people with big balance, let's make a group and go directly to the German government.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:55:00 AM

i deposited bitcoin, never sold bitcoin, can't withdraw bitcoin. No bank was ever involved.

Yet somehow the banks are to blame and simon is jesus 2.0. Love the seized hardware rumour he's putting out so he can hold onto people's bitcoin. He can update his website but can't return bitcoin. hmmm

I'm 'lucky' in that I only deposited a small amount of bitcoin. Still annoying and hope he gets raped in prison.

I understand you are angry. And it's justified to feel angry. However, wishing Simon gets imprisoned and raped is just disgusting of you.
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:56:45 AM

I understand you are angry. And it's justified to feel angry. However, wishing Simon gets imprisoned and raped is just disgusting of you.
+1

...is there some better way to do "plus one" replies?

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
michaelGedi

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:28:53 AM

+1

+1

Smiley

Izumi Konata

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:05:40 AM

+1

+1

Smiley

+1 (x2) I think we need a system to rate posts here, and I agree wishing Simon gets imprisoned and raped is just disgusting.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:13:40 AM

You say that like money laundering is a bad thing.  Huh
I think there are a lot of people interested in bitcoin who still fall prey to state propaganda.

Folks, entertain the theory that any good business that respects the privacy of its customers qualifies as an open door to "money laundering".

+1 from me Smiley

I liked very much that Simon did not do the whole identity/NYC thing.

I knew that was risky of him though.

But now I realize it was risky of me :/

Still I'm not 100% convinced that is what brought it down since mtgox and bitfloor also had their accounts closed, even with NYC if I understand correctly.

But, yeah, here it seems worse, not just closed account but frozen.

The cash withdrawals weren't wise of him to do as it makes you 'suspicious', but I do that too with my bank.

Makes me realize I need to become a lot more careful. When dealing with exchanges, and when dealing with my bank.

This certainly has been a lesson for me. Not sure if I will ever cash out bitcoins again.
arlekyn13

Activity: 288

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:36:13 AM

From a victim of "misunderstanding" regarding money laundering, Simon now turned into a scammer of almost 30k btc. He could've done at least some symbolic steps to show his intention of returning the btc, such as opening a page showing account balances and the possibility of his customers to initiate a withdrawal request, even if only to keep records of it.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: