Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down.  (Read 64386 times)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:23:00 PM

Simon is a young man. In a great society, this would mean that those older and wiser than him would step up to help him. That means that experienced bankers, police and power figures in official positions would talk to him and determine what he's doing, and then try to help him in doing it correctly.

But we don't live in a great society. We live in a society where the ones with the most power suppress the rest, and do whatever they please. At the same time we live in a fear-ridden society, where most people are only concerned about protecting their own ass not to get in trouble. So the bank clerk will not stand up for Simon, the police constable will not stand up for Simon. They all have rules they are obeying, and if they don't they will be replaced, so they adhere to the rules because of fear.

To adhere to the rules, you need lawyers. They specialize in the details, and can help you be compliant. Being compliant means that the rules the clerks need to follow are respected, and thus there will be less trouble.

It's a complete shame that we live in a society where so much youthful enthusiasm and entrepreneurship is suffocated in it's very beginning because  by default you're a 'suspected criminal' and too many people assume the worst immediately, and shut you down 'just to be sure'. That way they're covering their own ass.

It would take a few intelligent forward thinking individuals no more than a week establishing exactly what Simon is doing, and then help him. But now it's all a bureaucratic slow process, and too many people who don't really care, or have vested interests in him and his exchange not succeeding, is stalling everything.

Obviously who should be the judge of it all is the users of Bitcoin-24.com. There's a reason they all flocked to his exchange, and as a free market is the only way to go, these users should be heard.

It's a sad world where we always assume the worst of others, and seldom try to help, but instead always try to cover our own ass. Not my problem - I won't touch it! I just want to be safe and get home to my wife and kids and eat dinner!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 04:47:29 PM

Simon is a young man. In a great society, this would mean that those older and wiser than him would step up to help him. That means that experienced bankers, police and power figures in official positions entrepreneurs, and technologists would talk to him and determine what he's doing, and then try to help him in doing it correctly.

Bravo! on the "..." part.  The part I quoted needed a bit of editing.  Why?  Because the terms you used reflect an unhealthy respect for the kind of authority that is naturally illegitimate (ie established through coercion instead of reason).

Notice that with my edit, what you described did happen, but the illegitimate authorities interfered (as you pointed out).

Otherwise, very well put!

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:28:15 PM

Simon is a young man. In a great society, this would mean that those older and wiser than him would step up to help him. That means that experienced bankers, police and power figures in official positions entrepreneurs, and technologists would talk to him and determine what he's doing, and then try to help him in doing it correctly.

Bravo! on the "..." part.  The part I quoted needed a bit of editing.  Why?  Because the terms you used reflect an unhealthy respect for the kind of authority that is naturally illegitimate (ie established through coercion instead of reason).

Notice that with my edit, what you described did happen, but the illegitimate authorities interfered (as you pointed out).

Otherwise, very well put!

Thanks for setting me straight. I don't have any kind of submissive respect for those authorities, apart from knowing that they have the power to put you in jail if you break the law. Being more friendly and less authoritative and using less force, but more negotiation is the way forward imo. I do think we're on the same page though.
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:37:09 PM

I got all my bitcoin back so I'd just like to revise my hope that simon gets raped in prison to being willing to bum him any time. For me, once I saw the 10k in 500 euro notes seized I was less worried about all the various claims and more certain that he had just naively traded in notes that will set off alarm bells.

I'm not going to say I always had faith (and fiat deposits haven't all been returned yet) but if simon did start a bitcoin-24 v2.0 I'd have no hesitation in using it.

I don't think nativity and idealism are a crime and apart from some technical infractions I don't think simon is guilty of anything more than that.

Good luck to him.

*really hope he doesn't try cash in on the bumming thing
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 11:34:32 PM

I got all my bitcoin back so I'd just like to revise my hope that simon gets raped in prison to being willing to bum him any time. For me, once I saw the 10k in 500 euro notes seized I was less worried about all the various claims and more certain that he had just naively traded in notes that will set off alarm bells.

I'm not going to say I always had faith (and fiat deposits haven't all been returned yet) but if simon did start a bitcoin-24 v2.0 I'd have no hesitation in using it.

I don't think nativity and idealism are a crime and apart from some technical infractions I don't think simon is guilty of anything more than that.

Good luck to him.

*really hope he doesn't try cash in on the bumming thing
You've earned my respect.  It's rare to see someone publicly "switch sides" on emotional issues.  Most would just remain silent.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
teston25

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:17:03 AM

Their lawers posted a new announcement, aviable on btc24 site:

https://bitcoin-24.com/news

Well nothing new at this moment, seems like the btc withdrawals taking some days for many customers and the bank account remain frozen.

Hope this could be sorted out in the next weeks.
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879

monero

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:18:34 PM

a little update from bitcoin-24 twitter account:

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin24com

RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:15:11 PM

a little update from bitcoin-24 twitter account:

https://twitter.com/Bitcoin24com

Thanks for informing.

They just say there that they will give an update tomorrow the 16th, as they also mentioned on the website.

And that all EUR sepa - deposits - should have been booked now on your account, if yours is not create a support ticket.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:20:53 AM

Seizure lifted on Bitcoin-24′s German accounts:

http://www.rdp-law.de/uploads/media/Statement_13_05_31.pdf
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:43:13 AM

Seizure lifted on Bitcoin-24′s German accounts:

http://www.rdp-law.de/uploads/media/Statement_13_05_31.pdf

Some good news finally!

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:58:20 AM

Agreed! I am also very happy. Let's hope the Polish follow!
kripto

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 07:12:59 AM

Does anybody know how to contact Simon or somebody technical at bitcoin-24. I have a problem with google authentication but it seems no one is manning the official support ticketing system. PM me if needed.

Thx
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:40:04 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 01:42:59 PM by apetersson

same here. password is fine but google auth failed a few days ago.
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:31:03 PM

Does anybody know how to contact Simon or somebody technical at bitcoin-24. I have a problem with google authentication but it seems no one is manning the official support ticketing system. PM me if needed.

Thx

I had the same problem "Error with google Authentication. Please check your code!".

I was in contact via email with their lawyer 3 weeks ago to ask to confirm the credit I have with them, and also asked to forward this authenticator problem to Simon.

A few days later I got a reply from the lawyer, confirming my credit and informing that Simon had also fixed the authenticator problem for my account.

And indeed I could sign in again and the outstanding credit was correct.
kripto

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:50:10 AM

Thx

I had the same problem "Error with google Authentication. Please check your code!".

I was in contact via email with their lawyer 3 weeks ago to ask to confirm the credit I have with them, and also asked to forward this authenticator problem to Simon.

A few days later I got a reply from the lawyer, confirming my credit and informing that Simon had also fixed the authenticator problem for my account.

And indeed I could sign in again and the outstanding credit was correct.

I received the following on 23. of July:
---
Dear kripto,

our client just informed us, that you are now able to withdraw the money. We’ve made some slight modifications in the withdrawal-process. Until now, all costumers had to send some personal data to us, only then they were able to withdraw the money.
Now you can provide us with the data in the process of withdrawal. In case you’ve already sent us your data, please complete the form anyway.
Please note, that we cannot transfer the funds without the data. We do not intend to give them to any 3rd party – if we would have to do so, we’d ask your consent first.

We’d appreciate it, if you would inform us as soon as you’ve got your funds back.

Kindest regards and thank you for your patience

Attorney at law
---

Is this the same/similar mail that you received?

Well I replied to them ("Röhl · Dehm & Partner Rechtsanwälte <bitcoin{at}rdp-law.de>") stating my login problem and nonfunctioning support system but there has been no reply. Btw, did you write to the same email address and in which language?

Maybe I got it all wrong but I understand that there should be some sort of form inside bitcoin-24 that allows uploading of document scans or something so that they can verify identities. Could you confirm that?

Thank you and best regards
RationalSpeculator

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:43:45 PM

Is this the same/similar mail that you received?

Well I replied to them ("Röhl · Dehm & Partner Rechtsanwälte <bitcoin{at}rdp-law.de>") stating my login problem and nonfunctioning support system but there has been no reply. Btw, did you write to the same email address and in which language?

Maybe I got it all wrong but I understand that there should be some sort of form inside bitcoin-24 that allows uploading of document scans or something so that they can verify identities. Could you confirm that?

Thank you and best regards

Yes, I used that email too and they replied but it took a few days and then a few weeks for them to reply.

Sorry, I don't know about the form/upload. They haven't asked me yet to give my data as my money is blocked on polish account.
kripto

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:16:25 PM

Yes, I used that email too and they replied but it took a few days and then a few weeks for them to reply.

Sorry, I don't know about the form/upload. They haven't asked me yet to give my data as my money is blocked on polish account.

Thank you for your help.
I hope polish account gets released soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  

Jump to: