Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down.  (Read 64386 times)
panoss

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:45:16 PM

I am really curious how many pages this topic will reach....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:55:33 PM

From a victim of "misunderstanding" regarding money laundering, Simon now turned into a scammer of almost 30k btc. He could've done at least some symbolic steps to show his intention of returning the btc, such as opening a page showing account balances and the possibility of his customers to initiate a withdrawal request, even if only to keep records of it.
+1

A page to check balances would be really a good gesture, and more frequent communication.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
aby

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:03:13 PM

From a victim of "misunderstanding" regarding money laundering, Simon now turned into a scammer of almost 30k btc. He could've done at least some symbolic steps to show his intention of returning the btc, such as opening a page showing account balances and the possibility of his customers to initiate a withdrawal request, even if only to keep records of it.
+1

A page to check balances would be really a good gesture, and more frequent communication.

Agreed; is Simon currently in custody or something? The deafening silence doesn't bode very well...
Newscastix

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:43:50 PM

+1

Agreed; is Simon currently in custody or something? The deafening silence doesn't bode very well...

Nope. Some people had contact with him over the last two days.

You can the last posts here: http://board.btc24-help.com/
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:01:51 AM

Anyone who thinks a Bitcoin exchange which allows you to make transactions without verifying your identity isn't at high risk of having their bank accounts closed without notice and being reported to authorities for possible money laundering activity is displaying an astonishing amount of wilful ignorance. 

Let's not pretend that people are unaware of the risk they're taking when using such services - they're just hoping they'll get their funds out before those services come under scrutiny.

If you've got significant funds on Bitcoin-24, be prepared to prove that you acquired them legitimately.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:07:42 AM

Read these 2 threads...

http://board.btc24-help.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81&sid=76ce23edbb991e13c2eb416231dcfd5f

http://board.btc24-help.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82&sid=28cfe5634e3a59f7c5c6fb4960c60ef9

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
knarfske

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:44:21 PM

pff I'm starting to loose hope that I will see my BTC's back  Embarrassed
kunibopl

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:25:46 PM

waiting for 3500€ to be paid out.
is there a mailing list of victims or shall we set up a site?
we definitely should combine our forces.
it even could help Simon by showing the authorities we aren't criminals, that do money laundering.

NXT: 5231236538923913892
MegaBrutal

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:42:35 PM

it even could help Simon by showing the authorities we aren't criminals, that do money laundering.

There is already a board set up for the victims to hold together: http://board.btc24-help.com/ - no need for any new site. Though it's a little messy at the moment, it'll be cleaned soon, hopefully.

BTC: 18nAftZTnH4LjY9fPPow1aF5tGD1JiF7ZH
LTC: LV9MiA3iPVUm8qRFYbLkARuoYwvmHwhWaC

Buy some Negro candies!
darnth

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:08:22 PM

Simon's operation was closed due to "suspicion of fraud" not ml,

" Ladies and Gentlemen,

regarding your question, I would like to inform that due www.bitcoins-24.de not the Bremen authorities, but law enforcement authorities in Berlin are responsible for the facts in the investigation. The investigation on suspicion of fraud will be conducted at the StA Berlin under number 241 Js 380/13.

I ask relevant questions thus jurisdictional convenience to be sent to the local authority in Berlin. "

therefore there maybe still a chance for fraud charges to be dropped and maybe continue the operation, or just let everybody get their money out.

Nope. There was an older investigation, under number 290 JS 47630/12, that was actually the cause for freezing and impounding his accounts. It had gone on for some time already (at least early March) and was for suspicion of money laundering.

The 241 Js 380/13 fraud cause started much later, probably after bitcoin24 was closed by Simon. Both investigations are now bundled in Berlin, so its correct that Bremen authorities dont have anything to do with it anymore.

I had posted a rough estimate of the timeline earlier (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174600.msg1877068#msg1877068).
trepper

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:12:43 PM

If you're an EU resident, this doc will give you some insight about the (real) ways and means to get your money back:
http://ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/publications/docs/guide_litiges_civils_transfrontaliers_en.pdf
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:30:53 PM

here is the document.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2329063/Beschluss%20Scan_geschwaerzt.pdf

german aouthorities.... WE ARE LOST. they are the most uninformed, stubborn, incompetent lifeform on earth. we should sue THEM, not simon. yep, we should all sue the german authorities and banks who created this mess. after we are through with them they´d never touch btc accounts again.

"We" should?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:24:22 PM

If you're an EU resident, this doc will give you some insight about the (real) ways and means to get your money back:
http://ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/publications/docs/guide_litiges_civils_transfrontaliers_en.pdf
this is the path i gonna take personally. I have time and money, i hate unprofessional poeple, i do not care so much of my 2700 euro, i just care on suing. Also Always wanted to visit varsovie.

step 1 gather information on how to prosecute in eu.
step 2 gather other europeans
step 3 go to see the police.

Seems like a clear path and i don't give a shit about what they say anymore.
I'm sick of those "i look professional" business that do not help bitcoin. I have to go seek every single piece of information? Not ANY mail?

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:22:37 PM

I'm sick of those "i look professional" business that do not help bitcoin. I have to go seek every single piece of information? Not ANY mail?

I hear you man. Also did not receive a single email from them. That's VERY unprofessional.

I hope you don't file another lawsuit against them though as I think that just lowers my chances to see my money again.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:33:16 PM

Publication in the Bundesanzeiger

The Bundesanzeiger publishes a document [1] from the Berlin prosecution office. The document confirms that around 2.5 Million Euro were confiscated. It says that the confiscation and it's publication enables Tatverletzte (victims basically) to claim their funds through the legal system, which the prosecutor "strongly recommends". This can of course cost money, and there's no guarantee to get your money anyway. And the document speaks of a time limit, creating a sense of urgency.

This Document speaks of victims, when there was no conviction or even indictment yet. The presumption of innocence goes right out the window.

We don't know if there was any fraud and if bitcoin24 will be able to reinstate their services.

But people with a significant investment in bitcoin24 might see that differently. Bitcoin24 still hasn't published anything trustworthy that confirms that all the customer funds can be repaid. An affidavit comes to mind.

Basically it means customer funds are gone. How many are going to fight in court for the money?
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:32:23 AM

here it is
https://www.bundesanzeiger.de/ebanzwww/wexsservlet?session.sessionid=177f1349e818404e843a1aa94d580597&page.navid=detailsearchlisttodetailsearchdetail&fts_search_list.selected=88a9d5e82d42f197&fts_search_list.destHistoryId=00202

basically its telling: the prosecutors have secured the money of the german bank account. it stays with the prosecutor until the procedure is finished. it can only be withdrawn by the owners by filing a civil lawsuit in germany.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:58:46 AM

here it is
https://www.bundesanzeiger.de/ebanzwww/wexsservlet?session.sessionid=177f1349e818404e843a1aa94d580597&page.navid=detailsearchlisttodetailsearchdetail&fts_search_list.selected=88a9d5e82d42f197&fts_search_list.destHistoryId=00202

basically its telling: the prosecutors have secured the money of the german bank account. it stays with the prosecutor until the procedure is finished. it can only be withdrawn by the owners by filing a civil lawsuit in germany.

before anyone is sueing btc24 i would recommend to first claim your money at btc 24 lawyer. if they dont react properly you can still file a lawsuit. btc 24 owner simon hausdorf/his lawyer mr röhl do not even know of exactly what is the accusation. they have not received the prosecutors files yet. it is way to early to conclude that a crime really happened. check out this thread first:

http://board.btc24-help.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=141

allocater

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:18:28 AM

enables Tatverletzte (victims basically) to claim their funds

It would be hilarious, if no one claims funds, because no one was a victim. Then the police would look stupid.

But it would also be hilarious, if people will just claim funds, because the police shut down the website. Then it would become a self fulfilling prophecy.
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:22:11 AM

here it is

before anyone is sueing btc24 i would recommend to first claim your money at btc 24 lawyer. if they dont react properly you can still file a lawsuit. btc 24 owner simon hausdorf/his lawyer mr röhl do not even know of exactly what is the accusation. they have not received the prosecutors files yet. it is way to early to conclude that a crime really happened. check out this thread first:

http://board.btc24-help.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=141

Caution! I did not say that for claiming the money Hausdorf has to be sued. check with your german lawyer first! maybe one has to file a claim against the state of germany to get the money - those procedures of "secured funds" differ from country to country.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:40:50 PM

I'm commenting on something mentioned earlier in the thread:

It says that the confiscation and it's publication enables Tatverletzte (victims basically) to claim their funds through the legal system, which the prosecutor "strongly recommends". This can of course cost money, and there's no guarantee to get your money anyway.

Caution! I did not say that for claiming the money Hausdorf has to be sued. check with your german lawyer first! maybe one has to file a claim against the state of germany to get the money - those procedures of "secured funds" differ from country to country.

First off: The prosectutor in any jurisdiction usually is pretty well paid, and he's also on top of the 'power structure', which means basically he's the biggest dog in the yard, and can do whatever he feels like. He/it has no incentive to 'play nice' or to 'care for customers' in any cases whatsoever. This is the current system we're dealing with. As a matter of fact, anybody can become victim to confiscation of funds, if some entity in power decides that something must be investigated. It need not even be a legit case, but heck - we keep all those millions of euros frozen 'just in case'. Basically forcing everybody involved to follow the will of the prosecutor. In such a system there's no freedom. Freedom is when you can manage and control your own money, and have nobody confiscate them.

That's where bitcoin is great. Now, there's probably a lot of small time investors that had money in bitcoin-24.com, and the prosecutors are telling these people to file a law suit ? Basically, if you're owed 500 EUR, then only visiting a lawyers office are probably going to set you back the same amount.

In reality the 'it can only be withdrawn by the owners by filing a civil lawsuit in germany' is extortion. It's the biggest bully in the schoolyard saying, yeah - you can have your candy if you pay me 100 dollars, then holding the candy up high out of reach asking for an amount that no kid can pay.

From the looks of it, it appears to me that Simon got in deep without the proper paperwork, and now he's inside the bureacracy machine, that will just do it's work, and they (prosecutor) can basically do anything they want, and more often than not - they say they do something because of a certain reason, while the true reason is something else entirely. And more often than not, even if there's been no crime - they (the prosecutor) will still be able to find something to charge you for.

I would advise everyone to accept bitcoins for work they do, and use bitcoins online and in brick and mortar stores, and using the traditional banking system as little as possible. Eventually, if enough people do this, we will have a real impact, and we will be helping Satoshi reaching his original goal.

I would've loved to see the attack on any bank that for no apparent reason shut down the bank accounts of high profile politicians, or the son or the daughter or the prosecutor himself. I can't see any prosecutor accepting something like that..

It's all about being the biggest dog, and at the moment, we're feeding the biggest dog.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: