May 25, 2024, 04:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?  (Read 79545 times)
BlackSeaConqueror

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:01:09 PM

Someday possible. It is good to be compared to Paypal rather than comparing it to US dollar or paper money. Bitcoin wallets are taking the higher level when it comes to using bitcoin for different transactions. So someday they will somehow overcome it.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:25:12 AM

i just votet for maybee !
becourse the  lightning network can defently beat the paypal payments Cheesy
Lets hope that more and more stores accepts bitcoin .

regards

Agree. The Lightning Network would be Bitcoin's killer feature, in my own opinion. It has the capability to scale Bitcoin to thousands of transactions per second, while keeping the costs extremely low. If successful, Bitcoin can be used for micropayments (like it was before) and more people would become interested in it. This will allow Bitcoin to match Visa's TPS, and reach the same level (or better) as PayPal.

Then, it would be up to merchants to decide whenever they want to keep using PayPal, or shift towards a decentralized cryptocurrency with inexpensive fees and most of all, lack of middleman. I believe that most merchants would choose Bitcoin over PayPal due to the benefits provided by the pioneer cryptocurrency. It's only a matter of time before Bitcoin becomes big enough to handle all the world's payments. Just my opinion. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Vinz2017

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:28:20 AM

yes because of high popularity of bitcoin and its uses , bitcoin can be use without medium like banks and government which is decentralized unlike paypay which is contolled by banks and government that is centralized
smaug88

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:39:22 AM

Maybe...  but PayPal is a more well known mode of transaction than bitcoin, and PayPal is accepted on banks, some banks don't accept funds from people who's money came from cryptocurrency... let's just hope that bitcoin would beat PayPal someday
Silentsweeper

Activity: 149
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:43:37 AM

Yes, I think so, but not soon for sure.Maybe paypal will accept bitcoin depsits? If paypal ever did, then blockchain will disapear,cuz people will buy btc from paypal as an easier way.There are still so many people don't know about bitcoin, in the other hand, many people know what paypal is.None knows what can come next specially when it comes to Bitcoin.
 Bitcoin as its payment method, so it should be no surprise  and may be a fierce competition for both eBay and Paypal.

Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:07:33 PM

I personally think so. Day by day the price of bitcoin is getting down but that doesn't mean that it's fading. In past bitcoin had gone through this. So, instead of worrying just be patient. The price will go high undoubtedly. The investment in Bitcoin is growing day by day. The community of Bitcoin users are also increasing gradually. So I think so Bitcoin will overcome PayPal.
The value of Bitcoin does not help it become better than Paypal.
You have to remember, the value of an asset can not compare against a service for business like Paypal.
As you said, you just see Bitcoin as an asset for investment and with this value, Bitcoin never better than Paypal, this is just my thought.
rubyross

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:09:39 PM

There's a great possibility that bitcoin can overcome paypal. We just need to advertise more bitcoin so that it can reach to a lot people.
JessicaAshl

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:15:23 PM

I have vote yes, and I am thinking that bitcoin has already proven it's worth to the world that it is worthy of their trust and if the collaboration of Bitcoin and Paypal would truly become a reality then I think it will stand still and might be a threat with ebay and some sites that are using paypal on their direct transaction, but i think some competitors are trying to manipulate the matter in stopping the progress of bitcoin.
play1ife

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:38:25 PM

For me yes, but in five or ten years.
It's a long run for bitcoin because it's not popular in many countries, because of governments policies.

clarkey2013

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:14:44 PM

Yes,  easily,  I'm tired of paypal making me send money back just because I sold digital goods and the buyers decided to be rude and charge back even though they got the items,  bitcoin dosen't have this issue and it also lets kids and teens use it,  so that's why I feel that bitcoin will overcome paypal easily and fast.
rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:15:14 PM

For me yes, but in five or ten years.
It's a long run for bitcoin because it's not popular in many countries, because of governments policies.

It is possible that bitcoin will overcome paypal because bitcoin is more useful but not too popular and there are some negative implications about bitcoin.  The government is one of the reason why bitcoin  has a negative side to everyone who are not yet aware of the whole characteristics of bitcoin. If the government will allowed to use btc in all areas maybe btc will easily overcome paypal.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
xxxRaidysxxx

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:10:07 PM

At the moment I think that PayPal still has advantage, than bitcoins, but nevertheless the last are at a stage of development and a progression therefore we can't tell in the future that the bitcoin can play in world economy. In this type of advance bitcoin it can surpass PayPal concerning functionality and flexibility
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:23:58 PM

I think that bitcoin is the best thing in terms of money dealings and that's what I know because bitcoin can include aspects of the common currency while the regular currency or Paypal can not cover it then bitcoin can also become a commodity and it does not can be done by Paypal

BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:26:23 PM

Do you think that sometime in the future, Bitcoin might overcome Paypal, as it scales in capacity and userbase over the years?

We already have the ability to create our own marketplace with OpenBazaar, that uses Bitcoin as its payment method, so it should be no surprise that the combination of these two may be a fierce competition for both eBay and Paypal.

Nevertheless, feel free to vote on the poll above and express your opinion about it, if desired.  Grin

I believe in the power of cryptocurrency that someday paypal will also implement a method where you can keep your coins to them in order to save more cryptocurrency, in this way the community of cryptocurrency will still grow.

MommyElsa

Activity: 387

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:36:54 PM

yes because of high popularity of bitcoin and its uses , bitcoin can be use without medium like banks and government which is decentralized unlike paypay which is contolled by banks and government that is centralized

I do believe that bitcoin will overcome paypal in terms of payment system via online payments.  Bitcoin is very useful and very transferable,  easy to access and manage.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
thelolicon2

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:02:49 AM

Paypal has it's own advantage by having the support of the US goverments but Bitcoin has the advantage about freedom, free to use by any users .
So i actually think users of Bitcoin are much more than users of Paypal for sure , so Bitcoin does have a chance to overcome Paypal.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:50:38 AM

I'm not pretty sure if bitcoin can overcome paypal because as far as I know paypal is just like gcash. It just an application or site which can you use for your payment purposes.
So for me bitcoin has no connection in paypal because paypal is not a cryptocurrency.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:17:10 AM

We really cannot be sure what will happen in regards to bitcoin versus paypal as paypal is still going strong and last I heard they were looking to integrate a blockchain technology into their systems which will help make their transactions faster and even more efficient. Bitcoin still has a long way to go and going up against a giant like paypal isn't something we are ready to do yet.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:28:57 PM

Maybe...  but PayPal is a more well known mode of transaction than bitcoin, and PayPal is accepted on banks, some banks don't accept funds from people who's money came from cryptocurrency... let's just hope that bitcoin would beat PayPal someday

Sadly, that's the harsh reality of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Since they lack that level of "trust", centralized payment processors like PayPal still have the lead among businesses and corporations alike. But, someday, Bitcoin will reach the level of Visa and PayPal, once it becomes truly scalable. The moment that businesses, merchants, companies, and individuals see faster transactions and cheap payments, they'll quickly switch to decentralized cryptocurrencies due to the benefits that they'll provide over centralized solutions.

Perhaps, PayPal would still exist in the future alongside Bitcoin since it works with fiat currency unlike the latter. But, seeing that cryptocurrencies have increased in adoption and popularity recently, the possibilities of Bitcoin overcoming PayPal, becomes higher each day. Only time will tell what lies ahead for the future of these payment systems. The one that gathers the most number of users, would be the most likely to succeed in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
btcbabhh

Activity: 307

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:38:43 PM

Its possible because bitcoin certainly has big potential to replace PayPal and it is a lot more better than paypal. However my assumption is that there are 2 things that are preventing this from happening.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: