Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about immortality?  (Read 12056 times)
vanuber

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:25:20 PM

The immortality is after death.
life long or immortality in the world if it does not exist.
because life on earth is temporary and each creature will certainly die.
transabox

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:02:45 PM

Immortality sounds like a good idea at first, but it would get boring after a while.

Why is it boring to be alive? For example, if you ever live up to now, do you ever want to die?
There are always difficulties in our lives, but wanting to die is a very different situation.

I agree with our friend Deep here. Everyone want to live, its only natural. Those who want to die have some real problem in there life :S . Imagin what marvelous things could people do if they were immortal, all that knowlage one could learn Cheesy .

If humans were immortal, it would probably be chaos and degradation. The first few hundred years, that's for sure. But then it is impossible that they bred
Deep BTC (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:19:53 PM

Immortality sounds like a good idea at first, but it would get boring after a while.

Why is it boring to be alive? For example, if you ever live up to now, do you ever want to die?
There are always difficulties in our lives, but wanting to die is a very different situation.

I agree with our friend Deep here. Everyone want to live, its only natural. Those who want to die have some real problem in there life :S . Imagin what marvelous things could people do if they were immortal, all that knowlage one could learn Cheesy .

If humans were immortal, it would probably be chaos and degradation. The first few hundred years, that's for sure. But then it is impossible that they bred

The opposite might be the case. For many years you can struggle to live happily and peacefully.
In addition, crime rates may be reduced. Imagine being immortal and taking a lifetime sentence.
Then life would be really boring.
vantyzz

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 09:24:08 PM

The opposite might be the case. For many years you can struggle to live happily and peacefully.
In addition, crime rates may be reduced. Imagine being immortal and taking a lifetime sentence.
Then life would be really boring.

Hahahahaha you made me laugh with lifetime sentence, and you are right Cheesy ! Yes i agree that people will live in peace and crime rate would be lower. But some other system of leading countries would need to be made. And i think that human race would expend in to space faster than we would imagin.
Yes, if people have become immortal, all the values of life would become just dust. It would be senseless to fight for resources, steal and more. It would be very strange world
HarringtonStark

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 09:24:33 AM

I think we are slowly getting there wilth human genetic engineering. Slowly but surely. I wanna live forever.

dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 10:47:01 AM

I think death is underrated. All good things come to an end.
hamiltonik

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:26:39 PM

I think we are slowly getting there wilth human genetic engineering. Slowly but surely. I wanna live forever.

Conversely I am sure that it is inhumane - to live forever. This will result in total chaos
Flamma

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:18:31 AM

Immortality I think would rather be a punishment for someone. You'll end up watching the people you love die one by one. Even if this was bestowed to someone as a reward, I think it would be sad notion.
Deep BTC (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:57:18 PM

What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

No, I don't think this will be possible. Brains have to be brains in order to generate consciousness an so on.

There's artificial brain work. https://www.humanbrainproject.eu
Deep BTC (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:59:27 PM

The way it can be done is using fuzzy logic.
You are connected to a computer, fully conscious.
The brain is copied into the computer.
One part of your brain is disabled and the computer takes over that task, then the next part is disabled and the computer takes over that and so on.
There is no way to tell when you go over from being human to a digital human if this is done gradualy so the digital human will be you.

Hmmm now im more interested when you put it like that ... What is it that makes human human ? Is it our logic and brain , or is it something else ? Because when you transfer your self in to computer you are no longer human , you are machine , computer if you like . And what if when you transfer your self to computer you are no longer capable to learn new things on emotional level . Computers dont have emotions , they are all numbers and stuff . And even if its posible to make emotions they will be only numbers and code , nothing more ...

Emotions are not supernatural things. Our emotions emerge with the influence of hormones. They are physico-chemical events in the hormones. These physico-chemical phenomena can be imitated.
jid

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:11:42 AM

immortality in this word is impossible.
but immortality after this word (here after)
i think it's true.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:37:30 PM

The way it can be done is using fuzzy logic.
You are connected to a computer, fully conscious.
The brain is copied into the computer.
One part of your brain is disabled and the computer takes over that task, then the next part is disabled and the computer takes over that and so on.
There is no way to tell when you go over from being human to a digital human if this is done gradualy so the digital human will be you.

Hmmm now im more interested when you put it like that ... What is it that makes human human ? Is it our logic and brain , or is it something else ? Because when you transfer your self in to computer you are no longer human , you are machine , computer if you like . And what if when you transfer your self to computer you are no longer capable to learn new things on emotional level . Computers dont have emotions , they are all numbers and stuff . And even if its posible to make emotions they will be only numbers and code , nothing more ...

Emotions are not supernatural things. Our emotions emerge with the influence of hormones. They are physico-chemical events in the hormones. These physico-chemical phenomena can be imitated.

You are right when you say that emotions are not supernatural things. Yes they are physico-chemical events, but i think  that they cant be copyed to full potential of emotions. Because sometime emotions in humans are trigered not only of one thing like hot woman. It could be improved with environment and things that surrounds you. I think they could be copied, but not to its full potential.
CryptoGirl17

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:50:20 AM

i think it would be okay uuntill you get to the point where all your loved ones would start to pass
the.jack20

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:44:54 PM

We have to accept death. All living things will disappear. Our world has a certain life span. The universe has a certain life span.
After a specific moment, all energy in the world will be gone. And everything will be gone without asking for it.

It will be in big crunch as it is the big bang.
Adelajda

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:37:38 PM

i think it would be okay uuntill you get to the point where all your loved ones would start to pass
Poor Captain America Cheesy . Being immortal is not a possible thought so i would pass on as i do not have anything to comment regarding this.Lets thing about the possibilities rather than fictions.
cubradford

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 01:09:41 PM

We have to accept death. All living things will disappear. Our world has a certain life span. The universe has a certain life span.
After a specific moment, all energy in the world will be gone. And everything will be gone without asking for it.

It will be in big crunch as it is the big bang.
Everything in our life has a deadline. And beyond our life, as well. I do not believe in the immortality. I believe in the longevity. Many animals can live for over two hundred years. Scientists say that many insects live for a thousands of years, just falling into anabiosis. In this case, I believe, that some sort of immortality might exist.
adidas

Activity: 448

Americans do it better

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:10:50 PM

I am not religious but even the bible and the quran say that this world will cease to exist in the day of Apocalypse or the day of Resurrection. Even the sun lifespan is limited and when the sun will not be able to produce more energy to heat our planet that day is the day of Apocalypse. This world was created to not last forever and so all the inhabitants of it including human beings. Immortality is just a fairy tale.

WCAMN

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:03:11 PM

Objectively, we may reach immortality at some point. It might be attained by keeping the body forever healthy and avoiding death factors, or brain data uploading as suggested by some members. However I think it is not good from a psychological point of view. Can an endless life truly be called "life"? If being alive is defined as "not being dead", can life exist in the abscence of the concept of death? And somebody immortal would be mentally unstable, creating a "void" in his person, leading him to have no goals, and wishing his very own death.
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 04:15:44 PM

I think that the afterlife is in itself immortality and therefore people who are religious should not be worrying about immortality, especially when one of the main ideas for achieving it is uploading one's mind to a different existence which is essentially what the afterlife is.

However, as an atheist I believe that immortality is impossible.  Preventing ageing could be possible as the main cause of age is cells which is may be possible to replicate. However, to protect ourselves from external threats is what's impossible because there are always threats powerful enough to destroy the fragile human body or even enhanced organisms.

AncientEnemy

Activity: 108

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:32:30 PM

There can be only one!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: