Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:06:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about immortality?  (Read 12052 times)
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:30:05 PM

A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
I agree with you. Life will be longer in near future. Maybe we won't live to see it, but it will happen for sure. Life will get longer and longer, and at one moment it will evolve in to immortality, or it will be really long, which is good too if you ask me. But there is one problem. It would not be enough for some people, no matter how long life would be, for them it would be still short.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rossignolek

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:34:51 AM

I hope that immortality in the next few years will become a normal part of life. Everyone should have the right to decide how and when to die.
rotzbouf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:11:53 PM

Everyone should have the right to decide how and when to die.

Well i dont think that this is the goal of immortality. for me this right should already be reality.
when immortality becomes true, the biggest problem will be that there is not enough space on earth for all humans.
inevitabely, the stronger will kill the weaker to survive, and thus immortaly becomes a privilege of the rich.

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
Alicia12

Activity: 2
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:24:42 AM

Immortality is awesome. anyone who doesn't want to live forever are either sick of their life or just plain stupid. at least that's what I think.  Tongue
philggg

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:16:36 PM

I believe that immortality is not realistic for know because nothing last for ever,thing like electronics,furniture humans they all get old and one day they will be out of existence
Karloff

Activity: 256

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:54:42 PM

A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
I agree with you. Life will be longer in near future. Maybe we won't live to see it, but it will happen for sure. Life will get longer and longer, and at one moment it will evolve in to immortality, or it will be really long, which is good too if you ask me. But there is one problem. It would not be enough for some people, no matter how long life would be, for them it would be still short.

It seems to me that life expectancy does not increase but decreases. But I would not like to be immortal. It scares me. It's like a curse
Abrams_PM

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:13:09 AM

The soul is immortal. Perhaps in the future people will be able to preserve the immortality of the body. But finding my opinion, the immortal existence in one body will be boring and devoid of meaning.
karinaA

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:07:05 PM

I do not think about immortality at all. For one simple reason - this is not necessary for anyone, because immortality will not add positive qualities to a person, will not give more love, in the end, you will simply get tired of life.
Attilaloe

Activity: 326

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:42:54 AM

I Do not think it, but i like this idea Smiley anything is possible.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
SidaroffVany

Activity: 240

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:59:48 PM

Death is a normal process, the same as life. Death is only a transition to another area of being. Everyone is given some time to incarnate into the physical body. I personally do not see the meaning of immortality in one physical body.
angkasaz

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:48:50 PM

kinda scary, but if other people also immortal i want it

evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:50:43 AM

What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

Your just talking about preserving one's brain or what we so called cloning.For me immortality is more about having an eternal life and fast regeneration of your body cells.We don't know whats ahead of us in the future or maybe it could happen someday.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
thunderj

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 12:36:43 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 09:00:30 AM by thunderj

i'm not a big fan of this idea. what will people do with their time? most of the life makes sense when we know it's going to end sooner or later. that's why we try to achieve smth because our time here is limited. the only positive way to use it for humanity will be space explorations. some day people will have to make these travels to other ends of the galaxies and immortality might come in handy for those who carry out the research
fuckitall

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 12:58:19 PM

what i think about immortality is that it is not possible ?  what scinence acan do id increase the lifespan of the humans but being immortal is something that can't be achieved.....everything in this world is created to be destroyed....nothing will remain eternal ...apart from time and space

OnPlace Inc.
WEBSITE | BECOME AN INVESTOR OF PRIVATE COMPANIES BY USING OPL TOKENS | BITCOINTALK
codingmaster

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:42:19 AM

I believe we have immortal soul.

I don't think we could make our body immortal. We may be able to make our body live longer but not for infinity.
Neo_matrix

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:25:10 AM

All will die, no one will live forever. Death in my example is not the last moment of life, which certainly awaits us ahead, but nothingness.
Alexzap

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:14:02 PM

In this world nothing is eternal. Even a stone cliff and those turn to dust. I find it funny to see those people who believe in eternal human life. LOL.
dark_pride

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:17:29 PM

I don't think we could make our body immortal. We may be able to make our body live longer but not for infinity.

True, the soul is immortal, and the body can not live forever. We can extend only the amount of life, but not make it eternal. It is fantastic. Physically, the body will not withstand such a load, even to increase the life expectancy people will have to transplant organs and replace the skin, because they will wear out.
ChineTownMan

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:05:00 PM

True, the soul is immortal, and the body can not live forever. We can extend only the amount of life, but not make it eternal. It is fantastic. Physically, the body will not withstand such a load, even to increase the life expectancy people will have to transplant organs and replace the skin, because they will wear out.

I do not believe in the immortality of the body. This is very wrong. All nature is built on the principle: birth - flowering - withering. Man is a part of nature, therefore he must also die
bitmakerBR

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:08:56 PM

I do not believe in the immortality of the body. This is very wrong. All nature is built on the principle: birth - flowering - withering. Man is a part of nature, therefore he must also die

Yes. Do not go against nature, because it will only be worse for the very same person. Do not be afraid of death, it's just the end of one life and the transition to the second. We need to pay attention to more global problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: