Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of Trading and Investing?  (Read 29431 times)
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:28:32 PM

Well they are both ways that one can use to profit from the financial markets but the striking difference is that investments are often in the long term basis where the investor normally compounds his profits and make more over a longer period but trading is mostly to profit on the margins within a short period of time; It's just line buying and holding Bitcoin
Trading also sometimes take a longer time to take a fully benefits from the trade and to get the expected profit. Especially when we talk fr the trade of bitcoin then we often prefer long term trade as in long term we earn more from bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
legarde23

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:18:43 PM

Trading and investing are always the same but in some reasons you will just choose trade.
They are same long term but in investment there is a chance that the company that you put your money with will come into scam unlike trading you will decide on your money.
LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:45:23 AM

I think it depends of period of time, to get maximum profit, certainly investing need longer periods of time (over 3 years) while the trading could generate gains of up to 100% in just a short tempo (a day only).
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:22:48 AM

I think it depends of period of time, to get maximum profit, certainly investing need longer periods of time (over 3 years) while the trading could generate gains of up to 100% in just a short tempo (a day only).
That is the best difference between investing and trading is the span of time which when you are going to get your profits because in investing is it safer but a lot more time to wait before you get a profit like it will need at least 1 month so you can feel your profits while in trading it is just need a good skills and even in a week you can earn double profits that you can get from investing.
millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:01:13 AM

Yes that is right but it also depend on where do you invest your money. If we invest in altcoin we better make a observation before investing because not all altcoin is good.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:06:26 AM

Investing = long term + larger profit.
Trading = short term + less profit.
You will be able to do day trading that is sell your stock the same day to make marginal profits which you won't be able to do so with long term investment. Day trading won't give you huge profit like investment but comes with smaller risks.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:13:58 AM

You will be able to do day trading that is sell your stock the same day to make marginal profits which you won't be able to do so with long term investment. Day trading won't give you huge profit like investment but comes with smaller risks.
I don't think that there is a related profit or how much you will gain between the two, it purely depends on how and when you position. For instance there are one day trades that give you a gain ranging from 50%-400% (in some extraordinary stocks) and there are stocks that will give you the same gain but for a longer period. But you are right about investing being long term and trading being a short term holding your position. Also trading like what you have said is riskier than investing as what you are doing is buying something out of an speculation or news about something good.
rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:42:22 AM

Investing doesnt mean that you will get larger profit than trading. for example when the coin you put your investment is just shit you will probably get rekt even if you hold it for a long time. some other coins pumps upto 100% in an instant. a hype is needed but yes, it is part of trading.
Mbah Tyo

Activity: 532

1st of May

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:02:46 AM

Guys sorry for this question above but I would like to ask here that

What is the difference of Trading to Investing?

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I hope you can help me in my confusion..

As far as I am trading is we are investing stocks but, we who manage those shares, want to profit or loss depends on us. Another case with the investment we provide capital but we can not manage it, we only accept the results of the management of these shares

▄████ ████▄
      ▄█████▀   ▀█████▄
   ▄█████▀  ▄█ █▄▄ ▀█████▄
▄█████▀    ███ ████▄▄ ▀█████▄
███▀  ▄    ███ ███████▄▄ ▀███
███ ▄██    ███ ███▀▀█████ ███
███ ███    ███ ███   ▀███ ███
███ ███▄▄▄▄███ ███    ███ ███
███ ██████████ ███        ███
███ ███▀▀▀▀███ ███    ███ ███
███ ███    ███ ███   ▄███ ███
███ ▀██    ███ ███▄▄████▀ ███
███▄  ▀    ███ ███████▀  ▄███
▀█████▄    ███ ████▀  ▄█████▀
   ▀█████▄  ▀█ █▀  ▄█████▀
      ▀█████▄   ▄█████▀
         ▀████ ████▀
Hash

▄▄ ▄▄
     ██ ██
   ▄▄█████▄▄
  ███▀▀▀▀▀███
 ██▀       ▀██
██▀         ▀▀
██
██▄         ▄▄
 ██▄       ▄██
  ███▄▄▄▄▄███
   ▀▀█████▀▀
     ██ ██
     ▀▀ ▀▀
ard

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

JOIN
WHITELIST
Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:52:15 PM

its depends on your goal. if your goal is long term well investing is good while if for short term goal trading is more suitable. Investing is something you hold for a long period of time while trading is the opposite.  at the end of the day your goal is important set your goal properly.
cram03

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:38:21 PM

There is a little difference about the two.
Both are for long term BUT in investment there is a chance that your money will lost because some of investments now a days are scam, unlike in trading your money is in your own hands you will decide what to do with it. trading for the best.
kpcian

Merit: 529

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:15:42 AM

Trade and investment are not similar, there are some differences between them, in terms of the time period, function and procedures. Trading basically occurs in the short run basis and investment indicates in the long run period. Trade needs to take risk in a regular basis but investment doesn't require, and Trade creates more profit rather than investment.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:34:06 AM

Trade and investment are not similar, there are some differences between them, in terms of the time period, function and procedures. Trading basically occurs in the short run basis and investment indicates in the long run period. Trade needs to take risk in a regular basis but investment doesn't require, and Trade creates more profit rather than investment.

One particular idea is that the difference between trading is investment lies on the stock market. Investor owns a share and the trader is the stock player. But for me investment  has many forms it could be a piece of land, insurance and anything that you place a capital in an expectation of gaining  or getting a profit. Trading is one form of investment, it is when you put your capital and plays it on the market in the hope of a good return.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:42:39 PM

The difference between them is it's way of making profit and with trading you need a lot of experience and skills in order to develop proper decision making. When comparing investing to trading it doesn't really required a full skills to develop proper decision making, but the only certain is the credibility of the one's offering you and investments. You really need extra care on choosing good investment firm to deal with, because investing has the bigger risk compared from trading sites offering you an investments partnership for trading altcoins; which is very popular now in crypto currencies.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:50:59 PM

The difference between them is it's way of making profit and with trading you need a lot of experience and skills in order to develop proper decision making. When comparing investing to trading it doesn't really required a full skills to develop proper decision making, but the only certain is the credibility of the one's offering you and investments. You really need extra care on choosing good investment firm to deal with, because investing has the bigger risk compared from trading sites offering you an investments partnership for trading altcoins; which is very popular now in crypto currencies.
You are somehow right with your statement, just to put it in other terms trading relies heavily on Technical Analysis and Investing relies heavily on Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis is the use of price charts in which you analyze trends in making your decision if you will buy or sell. Fundamental Analysis is when you look at the financial status, projects, and other future outlooks of that investment in order for you to come up a decision. From my experience Fundamental Analysis is much easier to do compared to Technical Analysis.
hanpoz

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:39:58 PM

I can't state that there is a contrast amongst exchanging and contributing on the grounds that to the extent i know. When you do exchanging, you are now contributing since you are purchasing an advantage and you are quite recently sitting tight at its cost to go up or to go higher so after the cost go up and after it achieves your fulfillment then you can offer it for your neighborhood cash which is somewhat exchanging. So i think there is no distinction.
gabmen

Activity: 1246

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:26:15 AM

I can't state that there is a contrast amongst exchanging and contributing on the grounds that to the extent i know. When you do exchanging, you are now contributing since you are purchasing an advantage and you are quite recently sitting tight at its cost to go up or to go higher so after the cost go up and after it achieves your fulfillment then you can offer it for your neighborhood cash which is somewhat exchanging. So i think there is no distinction.
I agree. and bith require the same skill and trait to be successful. one can even argue that these two are just terms that have pretty much the same meaning. though there are little differences depending on how a person perceives trading and investing but in general, I think they're very similar to each other

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:31:30 AM

It has similarities but for me when you say trading then you are not expecting it to hold that long as you will be taking profit as early as possible. I think it has to do with time frames. As an investor you are looking for long term. For example you want to invest in Ethereum. You will Eth but you won't be locking it in an exchange as you don't plan to trade it anytime.
kpcian

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:56:06 AM

When you buy something in hope that it will have greater value in the future, that is investing. Some examples are gold, assets, land or bitcoin.

While trading is a little bit different. You can purchase or sell something for some profit. You can be profitable in trading whether the price is going up or down.
Well explanation..
In terms of purchase goods or assets, your explanation is fine ,on the other hand,  there is a way of thinking about the time period,  if you can take an initiative for getting involved a economic activity for a short time then it's called trading, but when it's related with long term effects then it's called investment.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:55:24 AM

When you buy something in hope that it will have greater value in the future, that is investing. Some examples are gold, assets, land or bitcoin.

While trading is a little bit different. You can purchase or sell something for some profit. You can be profitable in trading whether the price is going up or down.
Well explanation..
In terms of purchase goods or assets, your explanation is fine ,on the other hand,  there is a way of thinking about the time period,  if you can take an initiative for getting involved a economic activity for a short time then it's called trading, but when it's related with long term effects then it's called investment.
Sometimes trading is related to investing.  The crossover disappears when you're talking about day trading.

With cryptocurrencies you're hardly investing at all unless it's a major asset like Bitcoin.  Most of it is just speculative trading and couldn't really be compared to investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: