Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:22:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of Trading and Investing?  (Read 29433 times)
Ajan08

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:55:43 PM

Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments. Investors often enhance their profits through compounding, or reinvesting any profits and dividends into additional shares of stock. Investments are often held for a period of years, or even decades, taking advantage of perks like interest, dividends and stock splits along the way. While markets inevitably fluctuate, investors will "ride out" the downtrends with the expectation that prices will rebound and any losses will eventually be recovered. Investors are typically more concerned with market fundamentals, such as price/earnings ratios and management forecasts.

Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments with the goal of generating returns that outperform buy-and-hold investing. While investors may be content with a 10 to 15% annual return, traders might seek a 10% return each month. Trading profits are generated through buying at a lower price and selling at a higher price within a relatively short period of time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evgeniyosda

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:47:31 AM

I believe that trading is a considerably less risky organization. In trade you constantly have on hand a item that has a residual value, and when investing you can keep with shares that are well worth absolutely nothing.
fedora8

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:58:55 AM

Investing is supporting something with your fiat or any forex. Whilr investing is just for cash flow. Your purpose is just to to acquire. The two have chance, if yoi knowcwhat you are performing threat will be lessen.
Budening

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:50:25 AM

A very good question to discuss. Here I will discuss the characteristics of investing and trading. Investment is defined as an activity to invest capital. Thus, any economic activity that requires capital is considered an investment. Investment is passive. That is, you as an investor does not run the business directly to gain profit because there are already other parties who manage the money. And you just stay enjoy the benefits (did not rule out the possibility of loss) only. The opposite of investment is trading, which is more active. As an investor, you are a business actor who must work alone to get a profit target in a certain period. Profit and loss as a result of the capital you cultivate depends on your own as a trader. If successful manage it, you will get a profit. Instead, you will lose large amounts of money if you manage it casually.

One example of trading is investment activity in the stock exchange or foreign exchange (forex). You should begin to understand the nature of forex trading, trading strategies, and factors that can affect your profitability in the trading world. Because the nature of trading requires investors to be active.

i think it's enough, hope can be beneficial to all. thanks

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:30:30 AM

Guys sorry for this question above but I would like to ask here that

What is the difference of Trading to Investing?

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I hope you can help me in my confusion..

If the person is investing, I think that he/she is into trading or this person is interested into the coin because he/she see some potential that the value of this specific coin will still grow periodically. Trading is somehow similar to investing.

qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:20:31 AM

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

Trading means exchanging, buying or selling of BTC or money or anything while Investing means you give money in for future benefits or references.
PedroLinh

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:20:51 AM

When it comes to wealth creation in equity market, investing and trading are the two genres of the field. However, investing and trading are very different approaches of wealth creation or generating profits in the financial market. In daytrading you avoid the possibility of huge overnight losses, you can go heavier, but your % of winning will be lower, fees will have an higher impact on your profit because you will trade more frequently, you have a smaller edge against algos and it can be frustrating because in certain day nothing will move or nothing will have a predictable way of moving so you can't make money off that thing. Daytrading is the most profitable in case you have an iron discipline, you have the 8hours to trade (even though most of the action is in the first 2  and in the last 2 hours), and your bankroll is big enough to make your risk per trade big enough to overcome the fees.
Investing, you have to allocate your money as best as you can and you don't have to bother of daily flucutation or to temporary downtrend in the s&p or whatever benchmark refers to your positions. The important thing is to make the right picks over the long term, it's important to establish a thesis for being long a stock and keep it that way. You have to diversify your investment in case that some things go bad  you don't lose a big portion of your wealth
innocent_one

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:25:41 AM

Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:47:46 AM

Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments.
Investing and trading are good if you can do it together, it's one way of diversifying your funds as we don't know our fate in taking this kind of risk.
Both can maximize your income depending on how you manage your money and on how you make a decision.
For now, I am trading for long term and investing as well because I realize it's less stressful if done in long term.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Emem29

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:23:34 AM

I haven't experienced it yet, but as far as I know the difference with these two: Trading, by this kind of business you need to bargain in the market you should know every single detail for you to be not "luge" and also you're the one who's thinking about this and for your strategy, while investing is that you will give money to someone and they will be the one who will take care of it they're are the one who will be responsible in your money.

Yes. Investing is when you invest your money you trust your money to someone and you don't need and do anything, for trading also you need to be wise you can buy a token in lower value and you can sell in high value.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:50:52 AM

For me, the difference between trading and investment is how you make a decisions, when invest just put your money for a specific amount of time and if you are lucky you could get profit, trading you are in control of how you earn you just have to look at the market and find out when the price is going to rise and exchange.
mindfly09

Activity: 405

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:43:35 AM

If you see both just mean the same investing and trading but there is a difference between each other. Investing is when you put your money or capital to a some business like McDonald, House rental or invest in some properties and it includes trading. because trading is one kind of a business, this type of business is buying and selling and the rules is buy low and sell high and when you comes to this business you need to have patience.  That's the difference of Trading and Investing.

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:21:25 AM

Trading is when you are the one who will buy or sell position depending in your strategy and depending on what security you are trading with. If you are trading stocks or cryptocurrency, usually you will buy low and then sell high to profit but if you are trading foreign exchange, you will either buy low and sell high or the other way around because you can sell first at forex and then buy later when it goes down. It would totally depend on your action when you are trading whether you can profit or lose in your trade.

In investing, you are putting your money to something and just wait for the value of that security to increase eventually. Usually, it is for long term investment because most of the investments would have a return of investment only after some time. Some investments have lock-in period wherein you can get your investment after a specified period of time and its value would not depend on your actions but you will just depend on who is handling that investment for you.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 03:39:38 AM

Thank you.

Investment and trading are two different plartform.If you have money you can invest many ways and once a time you can get your money with profit.But trading is not easy you lose /profit your money in a short time .If you have knowledge and skill about trading  you can earn money and easily rich man. 

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:46:14 AM

For me, the difference between trading and investment is how you make a decisions, when invest just put your money for a specific amount of time and if you are lucky you could get profit, trading you are in control of how you earn you just have to look at the market and find out when the price is going to rise and exchange.
There is a big difference between trading and investing. Investing is were you put your money into different kind of platform or investment type. In trading its a kind of platform were you invest that your investment may grow or may lose.
RedArcher

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:53:04 AM

Well, that's quite simple. I am saying this as a trader with 5 years experience: everybody starts trading thinking about making profits from nothing within a week or so but eventually find themselves making losses and realizing that trading is a really hard job.
So, trading is more like entertainment which may bring you profits. Sometimes it becomes a real headache to analyze the market. And of course it is nervous.

Making investments is like opening a trading position as forgetting about it for a month or even a year. You just come across it and see the results.
RedArcher

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:04:25 AM

Although trading could be calm, analyzed, and quite profitable. I used to manage one guy funds some years ago and we traded cfds on stocks with quite high leverage 1:40 but we managed to make 60% profit per week. That was quite nervous and stress week for me. So, if you choose between trading and making investments - then choose what you like more: make small money everyday, avoid expenses of asset managers and so on or make investments and let people, or projects, or stocks, or coins work for you
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:25:35 AM

It is really a general and simple thing to understand, may be being a beginner you can't differentiate between these two. Investment is the capital in business through which you can earn profit, it can be earned by trading or any other way. So basically trading involves investment, without investment you can't do trading. But even without trading you can earn through any other mean by investing.
sariz12

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:01:14 AM

Thank you.

They have many differences of trading and investing. In trading you need a buy token for a lowest price then you need to wait if the tokens you buy is more higher value than the normal price then you can trade it. You can gain high profit, in investing also you dont do anything all you need to do is waiting to your profit.
zee123

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 05:06:36 AM

Thank you.

Investment is the act of putting your money into an enterprise, it is mainly long-term though sometimes there are short-term possibilities.
While trading is the buying and selling of probabilities of an investment. This is highly speculative in nature.

▃▄▅▆▇ POTENTIAM -  The Rewarding Music Ecosystem ▇▆▅▄▃
▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ PRE ICO LIVE NOW   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
Whitepaper | ANN | Bounty | Telegram | Twitter | Website
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: