Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:56:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of Trading and Investing?  (Read 29431 times)
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:30:51 PM

the difference of his trading we do his exchange may be almost every day, the example of buying in the morning at night you sell it. different from the investment you buy it and let it for a while without doing the selling / buying until the moment that has been specified by the investor.
but there are also longterm trading, if i think trading is not limited time, so we can sell anytime as long as we want. but if investment have targets time to sell it
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jazvebtc18

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:39:47 PM

Guys sorry for this question above but I would like to ask here that

What is the difference of Trading to Investing?

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I hope you can help me in my confusion..

Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments. Investors often enhance their profits through compounding, or reinvesting any profits and dividends into additional shares of stock. Investments are often held for a period of years, or even decades, taking advantage of perks like interest, dividends and stock splits along the way. While markets inevitably fluctuate, investors will "ride out" the downtrends with the expectation that prices will rebound and any losses will eventually be recovered. Investors are typically more concerned with market fundamentals, such as price/earnings ratios and management forecasts.

Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, with the goal of generating returns that outperform buy-and-hold investing. While investors may be content with a 10 to 15% annual return, traders might seek a 10% return each month. Trading profits are generated through buying at a lower price and selling at a higher price within a relatively short period of time. The reverse is also true: trading profits are made by selling at a higher price and buying to cover at a lower price (known as "selling short") to profit in falling markets. Where buy-and-hold investors wait out less profitable positions, traders must make profits (or take losses) within a specified period of time, and often use a protective stop loss order to automatically close out losing positions at a predetermined price level. Traders often employ technical analysis tools, such as moving averages and stochastic oscillators, to find high-probability trading set-ups.
Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:48:35 PM

The best way to explain it is to make a good statement rather than making a long and very technical definition that is hard for the reader to understand. So here is my explanation "  All trading is an investment but not all investment is trading". It simply means that even trading itself is considered as investment. But investment has many forms aside from just trading, it could be investment in networking, loans, business and many more.
You are absolutely correct! What a very concise and precise answer. Trading is buy and sell. It is one of the many types of investments. And it is the most common type. It is already part of the lives of our ancestors. Hence, this type of investment is very old, older than all of us here.
CryptoMoar

Activity: 450
Merit: 107

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:49:44 PM

In my opinion. trade is a buying and selling activity involving more than one person and there is no coercion element so that both the seller and the buyer earn a profit according to the agreement. while investment is the activity of the owner of capital to save money in various forms such as shares, land, home, bitcoin or other for a long time and can be resold with greater profit.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
[As]

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:01:07 PM

Trading is about everyday work; investing is about picking right ICOs and holding for the right amount of time.
Each style has its pros and cons, probably better to ask ‘which is better for me?’

In investing, you gradually build wealth, by creating and maintaining a portfolio (stocks, bonds, mutual funds etc.), while in trading you frequently buy and sell stocks, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, to outperform ‘buy-and-hold investing’.
arctic circle

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:29:49 PM

For me, trading is a short time earning somewhat like earning in a fast way like buying and selling, while investing is you are expecting profit to grow but it may takes a lot of time.
malbano2099

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:21:17 PM

As far as I know, exchanging or trading is a brief timeframe procuring fairly like winning fastly like purchasing and offering, while at the same time contributing is you are anticipating that benefit should develop yet it might requires a ton of investment.
rejekinomplok99

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:29:34 PM

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I think, both of them is difference, when you investing, you trust your money to someone and  if you trade, you used your skill and knowledge to generate profit and you need to some work in trading, it is my opinion.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:52:39 PM

Thank you.

I think, both of them is difference, when you investing, you trust your money to someone and  if you trade, you used your skill and knowledge to generate profit and you need to some work in trading, it is my opinion.
For me, I think bitcoin trading is the way when a individual buy a particular token to a particular ICO and to hold it for a long time and when the price is really satisfying for them thats the time that the holder or trader will sell it in exchangers. Investing is the one way to esrn here wherein you will deposit money to particular ICO to support their project.
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:07:38 PM

My personal definition is that trading is short term and requires active participation while investing is long term and doesn't require active participation. Both is very beneficial if one could provide do it well.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

Meanwhile, if you want to invest, it takes a long period of time (at least 5 years) to get the results, but did not close the possibility will also suffer losses (if the company went bankrupt), or assets that you invest earlier is no longer desirable and the price dropped. In the end you will decide whether you want to be a Trader or Investor, but the thing to remember is "to get big profits, must be accompanied by high effort and risk".
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:45:51 AM

This are actually two different investment, when you are inventing it means your holding for a long period of time before trading it to your local currency but trading is the accept if trading you bitcoin to other cryptocurrency as well as your local currency.
Figuran-

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:10:40 PM

Trading is like buy and sell in which you are gonna be buying at a low price and then after the price increases or once you already reached the desired profit you want your gonna be selling it. Investing is buying something of value and waiting for the price to appreciate or increase.
Iphone7s

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:30:27 PM

Commerce is something that happens instantly.Investment is done by thinking of the future.Trade and investment should not be confused with each other.
Piapia

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:37:53 PM

With trading you should have a lot of knowledge for other coins and know which one to invest where and how much it would give you profit and in investing you just have to watch the one you invest grow or go low.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:53:29 AM

Thank you.

From my perspective, trading is more risky than investing. Trading require good technical analysis and if we good on that analysis, we can make profits daily.
Investing always need times and its take long time sometimes maybe untill a year
Iblis 02

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:00:52 AM

Thank you.

Our investment sells something in the long run if trading is more profitable in a short period of time, is actually almost the same as a slightly different timeframe.
dyablo

Activity: 191

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:46:33 AM

Trading is something you make on buy and sell directly awhile investing something you put your money on some investing site and they generate your money while it is growing, so you can get the money you invest with the percent given as the condition permitted.

Trading is making profit in a short period of time while investing is making profit in a long - time frame and both risky.  But trading has higher risk but has a great potential return than investing. Investing needs more thinking before putting your money on a certain project.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:57:56 AM

so much difference trading with investment. simple example, trading is, when you hold the existing market coins, so you are free to sell or hold the coins you have, so, the advantages and disadvantages are the controls you 100% hold. but, investing in an ICO, you have to wait a while, until ICO ends to see the benefits you get.
Jake Virus

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:04:37 AM

so much difference trading with investment. simple example, trading is, when you hold the existing market coins, so you are free to sell or hold the coins you have, so, the advantages and disadvantages are the controls you 100% hold. but, investing in an ICO, you have to wait a while, until ICO ends to see the benefits you get.
I think the difference between trading and investing is investing is more easy to do because doing investing you just need to pick or to choose a great project or a great coin you need to invest your money, and in doing trading we just need to be really smart enough so we can totally be successful in trading world.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: