Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:04:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][$MUSIC] Musicoin Blockchain Upgrades to V3.0(“Quantitative Tightening 🎸  (Read 287541 times)
Khechum

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:11:41 PM

this week we have new wallet ? right ?
funtek

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:16:44 PM

New wallet has been released with the latest version being v0.7.

https://github.com/Musicoin/desktop/releases/tag/v0.7.0
igotfits

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:08:18 PM

they have been releasing new wallets through github for months, but officially on the site they only have up to v .5...
i don't know why they keep doing that, i'm assuming it's all beta and for error reporting purposes. that wouldn't make much sense since they released .6 now .7 but the official site still has .5.. Huh
i'm guessing the official release they promised later this week is v1?
rossskkinder

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:11:41 PM

Finest music.Loved it.Waiting for more musics ahead.
Shoxc

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:16:14 PM

Hello everybody,

could someone please tell me, if I will receive the coins of the Musicoin Fork in Bittrex? Because at the moment I got all my coins on that exchange.
If not so, how can I make sure to get the new coins? Download the Music Wallet and leave the coins there?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!
igotfits

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:20:12 PM

Hello everybody,

could someone please tell me, if I will receive the coins of the Musicoin Fork in Bittrex? Because at the moment I got all my coins on that exchange.
If not so, how can I make sure to get the new coins? Download the Music Wallet and leave the coins there?

guaranteed in wallet if coins are in with updated exe, not sure on bitt.
igotfits

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:02:41 PM

they have been releasing new wallets through github for months, but officially on the site they only have up to v .5...
i don't know why they keep doing that, i'm assuming it's all beta and for error reporting purposes. that wouldn't make much sense since they released .6 now .7 but the official site still has .5.. Huh

i take it back, the site is finally updated to .7
funtek

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:48:50 PM

Great! Glad you enjoy them Smiley

Hello everybody,

There will not be split coins in the hardfork. You'll be fine even if you have musicoin on the exchange. Be sure to update your wallet with the latest version at https://github.com/Musicoin/desktop/releases/tag/v0.7.0

No worries mate!
Ethirald

Activity: 129

Vulverant omnes, ultima necat.

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:00:45 AM

Chapter VI:  Done!  $MUSIC 2.0 (UBI) is here

Tuesday Sept 8th, 2017

We are here, $MUSIC 2.0 arrives today after a long period of preparations.  

With this new model in place, we could then focus on other areas to benefit miners and stakeholders as well. With mining, 20.1% will be distributed separately from the 79.9% mining reward, 15.9% of it will go towards musicians by default, and 4.5% of it will help fund developers for future development. Though miners will soon be earning 250 instead of 314 coins per block reward, we're confident that mining will remain profitable in the foreseeable future. Why? Because we believe this new UBI model will attract more artists to get on-board based on the unique nature of how they get paid, while bringing their fan-base along; inevitably, even more listeners will join our platform and user traffic/services will continue to rise. Increase traffic will garner more attention, and more attention will increase even more traffic; thereby impacting the value of musicoin. We're already experiencing a healthy and sizable growth on our platform with over 1,200 registered artists and 15,500 listeners. On a typical day alone, we receive an average of 10 new artists joining on our platform, and occasionally, we do get 50+ new artists signing up in a span of 2 days. Currently, less than 20% of the 1,200+ registered artists are inactive due to a lack of understanding of our model "free play, fair pay", this is the downside we're aware of and will start focusing on PR and marketing as soon as UBI is deployed so that everyone who are involved on our platform will be in the know 100%.

In addition, since musicoin is a much-modified version and fork of ethereum, there will be an Ice Age Difficulty Bomb happening near the end of 2017 and beginning of 2018 for ethereum and all its forked coins. This means the speed of mining each block will slow down drastically, effectively reducing the rate of circulation of coin supply. In turn, this will drive the value of our project in a positive projection. No doubt, based on the law of supply and demand, when that happens, miners and stakeholders who support our project in the early stages will ultimately be benefited as well. If you would like to know more, our recent roadmap article published 2 months ago will have a more thorough input regarding UBI and the upcoming difficulty bomb. If you have no idea what the Ice Age Difficulty bomb is, this short article explains it pretty well.

Furthermore, even more exciting things to come after the difficulty bomb is our new concept of Proof-of-Sharing which will happen during this time of next year, that will require a separate thread of its own. Until then, the musicoin team has a lot at hand and will try our best to get our communication across all social media channels. We always welcome anyone who would love to reach out to us and represent our team by being a project advisory member, or an ambassador.
As for content hosting and server costs, musicoin main sites currently hosts all data at this moment with a backup facility. Of course, this comes with a cost out of our own pockets, the team spend ~$3,000 USD/month and counting because of growing traffic. The catalog data which contains all meta information of artists and their tracks, all intermediate transactions, and community messages etc. are centrally stored in storage. However, this is only temporary. With the upcoming updated version of our desktop wallet, the catalog data stored will be distributed to all nodes, we expect the stored content to gradually move away from our centralized servers and into each artists' desktop wallets, making it decentralized. This way, every future version of desktop wallet release will always host a subset of catalog data within, and it'll be the first stop for listeners to discover music there. For artists, their desktop wallet will become a personal hosting ground free of charge, and an extension of themselves –hosting their own tracks info and then replicating them toward other nodes. At that stage, it would be advised for artists to leave their wallet online for at least a few days after each release to make sure the musicoin network replicate content correctly to all other nodes. Issac Mao believes this design will help smoothen the musicoin blockchain transitioning to the eventual Proof-of-Sharing phase. Ideally, we won't have to worry about a single point of failure after that.

Keep in mind that musicoin platform is still in its beta stages, we're one of the few crypto projects that has a working product in place, all being done without ICO (Initial Coin Offering) and premining. Ongoing discussion regarding our project are encouraged, if interested, you can join some of our main channels including telegram and slack. We also encourage anyone who would like to participate in a fruitful discussion regarding the monetary policy for musicoin platform. (Link: https://github.com/Musicoin/MCIPs/issues/1) Our community’s voice is valuable to us, we welcome any future feedback and criticism to help improve our project in shaping the next generation of music.

Thank you for your continuing support!
–The Musicoin Project

More about UBI:  https://medium.com/@musicoin/roadmap-of-musicoin-blockchain-4a65620fefce
Join us: https://musicoin.org
Software:  http://github.com/musicoin
Community:  http://slack.musioin.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/musicoins
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lovemusicoin/

I really think dev teams should find an other way to let musicoin be decentralized. It's not healty thinking of a growing catalog dataset host on a local wallet/client.

I think dev teams should check some other solutions, as hosting music on sia network or other projects similar to Sia, or even try to link a torrent system to the blockchain as Creativechain is going to develop.

Check out what they wrote on their github:

Distribution of TFS files in network Torrent

Problem: Currently digital content distribution companies use private servers where all content is centralized. In this way the content that we upload remains opaque in the hands of intermediaries and their private interests, being able to be manipulated by the lack of transparency. Usually they censure or eliminate contents without prior notice. In most cases, these intermediaries acquire the right to include in both their terms and conditions of use the ownership of the digital archive and the right to exploit it.

Solution: The complete decentralization of all the metadata in a blockchain is the solution to fight against the accumulation of power that some content distribution companies have. Tarsius File System (TFS) has been developed to provide a solution to the cloud storage and temporary perpetuity. TFS allows file storage while guarantees the availability of data with 10 copies. The number of copies can be configured by the blockchain system consensus. TFS encrypts the documents and uses the Torrent network as a parasite that ensures the stable permanence of all registered files. Although it is always recommended to the user to have the original file as a proof, in case of legal dispute the TFS system works as a backup to rescue the original file while it acts as a method of viewing content from the decentralized platform Creativechain. All metadata records that link to the files are stored in the block chain. This way no one can modify a single record as it would not match the information shared by the other nodes and would not be validated. Thanks to this process, we are able to offer a distributed and public registry system whose consensus resides in the code itself and any modification of the initial source code should be approved by more than 51% of the nodes.

source: https://github.com/creativechain/creativechain-core

I'm in with a really good stake in this project and i will never sell my coin.
I'm willing to use musicoin to find new music.

Just to say, if foundation will need some worker, I'm really glad to join the team (:
Shoxc

Activity: 170

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:27:23 PM

Hello everybody,

There will not be split coins in the hardfork. You'll be fine even if you have musicoin on the exchange. Be sure to update your wallet with the latest version at https://github.com/Musicoin/desktop/releases/tag/v0.7.0

No worries mate!

Hey, thanks for your answer. I didn't know there is such a thing as a hard fork without issuing a new coin Cheesy
Has there already been a date for the fork released?
NN900

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:10:39 PM

Good evening, i have a simple question regarding musicoin mining. Does it have (growing)DAG file like Eth? Or it´s good to go even with 3gb cards in the long run? Thanks!
igotfits

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:45:12 AM

Good evening, i have a simple question regarding musicoin mining. Does it have (growing)DAG file like Eth? Or it´s good to go even with 3gb cards in the long run? Thanks!

anything can run on 3gb cards right now, i believe dag files will always continue to grow.
anirudhbaji

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:59:11 AM

can u dual mine eth and music coin is my question?HuhHuh

if so please share the bat file??
orchardcoins

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 01:45:56 AM

can u dual mine eth and music coin is my question?HuhHuh

if so please share the bat file??

thats not possible.

you can mine musicoin + non-eth coin

OrchardCoins MUSICOIN Mining Pool: CLICK HERE
Chatroom Support: Discord
Mining Rig Monitor: Download Here
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:40:24 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 06:04:06 AM by restless

Is there a way to download the blockchain instead of syncing block by block?

And another dumb question - but is mining solo possible with desktop wallet?!
funtek

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:33:09 AM

I really think dev teams should find an other way to let musicoin be decentralized. It's not healty thinking of a growing catalog dataset host on a local wallet/client.

I think dev teams should check some other solutions, as hosting music on sia network or other projects similar to Sia, or even try to link a torrent system to the blockchain as Creativechain is going to develop.

Check out what they wrote on their github:

Distribution of TFS files in network Torrent

Problem: Currently digital content distribution companies use private servers where all content is centralized. In this way the content that we upload remains opaque in the hands of intermediaries and their private interests, being able to be manipulated by the lack of transparency. Usually they censure or eliminate contents without prior notice. In most cases, these intermediaries acquire the right to include in both their terms and conditions of use the ownership of the digital archive and the right to exploit it.

Solution: The complete decentralization of all the metadata in a blockchain is the solution to fight against the accumulation of power that some content distribution companies have. Tarsius File System (TFS) has been developed to provide a solution to the cloud storage and temporary perpetuity. TFS allows file storage while guarantees the availability of data with 10 copies. The number of copies can be configured by the blockchain system consensus. TFS encrypts the documents and uses the Torrent network as a parasite that ensures the stable permanence of all registered files. Although it is always recommended to the user to have the original file as a proof, in case of legal dispute the TFS system works as a backup to rescue the original file while it acts as a method of viewing content from the decentralized platform Creativechain. All metadata records that link to the files are stored in the block chain. This way no one can modify a single record as it would not match the information shared by the other nodes and would not be validated. Thanks to this process, we are able to offer a distributed and public registry system whose consensus resides in the code itself and any modification of the initial source code should be approved by more than 51% of the nodes.

source: https://github.com/creativechain/creativechain-core

I'm in with a really good stake in this project and i will never sell my coin.
I'm willing to use musicoin to find new music.

Just to say, if foundation will need some worker, I'm really glad to join the team (:

We always welcome people like you who could give value to the project. Come join our slack (https://slack.musicoin.org) and have a chat with us. Smiley

Hello everybody,

No worries mate!

Hey, thanks for your answer. I didn't know there is such a thing as a hard fork without issuing a new coin Cheesy
Has there already been a date for the fork released?

We would rather not risk a coin split.

There is no known date for UBI, but we estimate it would happen sometime between the end of this month and the beginning of next month based on block 1,200,000.

As a side note, in case you are running Parity with $MUSIC spec, you have to switch to GMC before the fork, or temporarily using an unofficial version of RMC (a modified Parity) at https://github.com/Musicoin/orbiter#running-up-rmc or else your nodes won't sync with the main network after block 1,200,000.

Is there a way to download the blockchain instead of syncing block by block?

And another dumb question - but is mining solo possible with desktop wallet?!

If you continue to find problems in syncing with peers, you can manually connect nodes by navigating to the wallet and select "Add Peers" option. The list of nodes can be found at https://github.com/Musicoin/desktop/blob/master/bootnodes.json
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:13:31 AM

I\m syncing... .slowly
What about solo-mining with desktop wallet? Github has "hints" that I need gmc console version
orchardcoins

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:20:23 AM

I\m syncing... .slowly
What about solo-mining with desktop wallet? Github has "hints" that I need gmc console version

thats it. you make gmc console listen for connections. you point your miners to your gmc instance.

OrchardCoins MUSICOIN Mining Pool: CLICK HERE
Chatroom Support: Discord
Mining Rig Monitor: Download Here
funtek

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:48:04 AM

I\m syncing... .slowly

That's disabled in the latest release, the older version uses the CPU to mine which is useless.

Yes, we do have GMC version you can use. https://github.com/Musicoin/go-musicoin/releases/tag/v2.0.0
Cryptian

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:43:12 AM

Can I still mine musicoin with a laptop or do I need dedicated mining hardware?

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: