Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:20:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150340 times)
Rallye

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:00:37 AM

We are now closed! Please stop sending btc! Ataxx has assured me 100% that he will send btc by Sunday!

This is absolutely not correct. You cannot make such bias against all of us - this is not autonomy. This really leaves a bad taste. If you are so much confident, put your btc in for him and get paid back.

Please re-open the thread! If Ataxx misses, it is his fault, and he still can get onto zefir's thread.

Come on- this is outrageous. Your this stance alone encourages me to pull out of this.

In fact, if you do not open this thread, I WILL pull out of this crap.

I'm going to have to agree with you on this.  There is no reason why Ataxx should get special treatment after it has been clearly stated that pledged payments would be bumped out by new confirmed payments.  What happened to "first come first served?"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:11:52 AM

I have 6.83077137 BTC sitting in my walled, and just now gave up on a deal that would've gotten me the other 2 I was going to buy in order to hit 100 chips.

It's ready to go, and gets the group a step closer to sealing this deal, in the event that the other guy can't come through. I would've loved to round it out to an even 100 chips, but I'm prepared to send the coin I already do have, if I'm not going to be given the same opportunity that this other guy is getting (deadline of Sunday).

Is there, in fact, a strict limit of 10,000 chips only?

If so, why are you guaranteeing a set number to somebody based on his word alone, and kicking out somebody who has "cash in hand"?

If not, why limit people from getting in their money beforehand? If we can buy, say 11,000, or 12,000 chips, why not just set a deadline of Sunday, and let anybody who can get their orders in before the deadline order, and buy whatever amount is needed?

Either way, I don't know if you realize how royally this screws me, when I scrambled to get this stuff lined up, paid a bunch of fees, took part of the day off work today to go run around and play Bitinstant's reindeer games, only to get shut out, literally at the last minute.

I sent a PM an hour before you closed the thread asking if I would be okay waiting until I got my last 2 BTC (sunday at the latest) or if I should just send what I had on hand already. I was ready and willing to do that, if that's what it came to.

Please let me send my payment. I'm willing to take whatever my 6.83077137 BTC can buy me at this point, if that's what it takes. Although I'd really prefer to be given the same opportunity as everybody else, and have until Sunday to get my full order placed.

But beggars can't be choosers. I'll be very grateful to you if you'll let me do either one.

Please, please, please, I'm begging you, don't put me out in the cold!

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:16:29 AM

I have 6.83077137 BTC sitting in my walled, and just now gave up on a deal that would've gotten me the other 2 I was going to buy in order to hit 100 chips.

It's ready to go, and gets the group a step closer to sealing this deal, in the event that the other guy can't come through. I would've loved to round it out to an even 100 chips, but I'm prepared to send the coin I already do have, if I'm not going to be given the same opportunity that this other guy is getting (deadline of Sunday).

If so, why are you guaranteeing a set number to somebody based on his word alone, and kicking out somebody who has "cash in hand"?

If not, why limit people from getting in their money beforehand? If we can buy, say 11,000, or 12,000 chips, why not just set a deadline of Sunday, and let anybody who can get their orders in before the deadline order, and buy whatever amount is needed?

Either way, I don't know if you realize how royally this screws me, when I scrambled to get this stuff lined up, paid a bunch of fees, took part of the day off work today to go run around and play Bitinstant's reindeer games, only to get shut out, literally at the last minute.

I sent a PM an hour before you closed the thread asking if I would be okay waiting until I got my last 2 BTC (sunday at the latest) or if I should just send what I had on hand already. I was ready and willing to do that, if that's what it came to.

Please let me send my payment. I'm willing to take whatever my 6.83077137 BTC can buy me at this point, if that's what it takes. Although I'd really prefer to be given the same opportunity as everybody else, and have until Sunday to get my full order placed.

But beggars can't be choosers. I'll be very grateful to you if you'll let me do either one.

I vote for the dude with BTC 'in hand'.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:40:25 AM

ataxx is puttin up near 200 BTC if someone else can then sure you can butt in line

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 01:42:55 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 01:55:28 AM by atcsecure

I am interested in buying more chips. Can't put the BTCs together on time, only was able to deposit partially. If anybody is interested in selling their chips, please let me know.

I am planning to order PCBs for assembly as soon as Avalon deliver the promised Reference Design and I be able to check and test everything and only after building a working prototype. I can help anybody with the assembly and testing of their boards if requested.

Not to discourage anybody, keep in mind that going with the Avalon design, requires more than the main board (80 chips Module) to make it work i.e. it requires the power distribution module, CPLD control unit, back plane, USB interface, etc.

There are other DIY projects going on, but I understand that they are only for a single or a few ASIC chips in a standalone board.

yes If anybody is interested - I am selling my chips, 20.1 btc worth of chips were ordered and are available - pm for detail's

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:49:31 AM

ataxx is puttin up near 200 BTC if someone else can then sure you can butt in line

Seriously?

How is it "butting in line", when the deal from the beginning was 'first pay, first serve'? I'm not trying to bump off a paid buyer, I just want the same chance as everybody else "get your money paid before the buy is filled with paid buyers".

I'm not trying to game the system. I'm not trying to screw anybody out of something they've paid for. I'm just looking for the same fair treatment as everybody else.

If somebody's word alone is enough to get in on the group buy, then count me in for my full 100 chips that I mentioned previously in the thread before he closed it, and I'll get my payment in for 100 chips by Sunday (just like the other guy whose word is 'good enough').

I realize I'm not rich, and rich people tend to get special treatment, but don't treat me like I'm looking for special treatment, just because I'm asking for the same treatment all the other 'not rich guys' got up until the point that the rich guy started getting special treatment. Who's butting in line? That's not a fair analysis of the situation. I just want a fair shake. I don't think it's unreasonable, and there are at least a couple of other guys involved in the buy who agree.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:49:41 AM

Seconded
Rallye

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:55:20 AM

Seconded
He's got my vote as well.
nebiz

Activity: 87
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:56:37 AM

The agreement was that we save no spaces, I think we should remain first come - first served.

tips: 1KY4hsybyqpTdxy8nSXh3KUKRi8jeGH8Jx
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:02:51 AM

Thanks guys, I'm starting to feel like Rudy!  Cheesy Cheesy

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:03:49 AM

just saying dont be too harsh on that guy he putting up a lot of BTC.. without him we not sailing right?  or we got plenty of more coming?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
nebiz

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:05:31 AM

just saying dont be too harsh on that guy he putting up a lot of BTC.. without him we not sailing right?  or we got plenty of more coming?

Well we got 100 btc in the last 24 hours and I see no reason we can't close the remaining amount even faster.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:06:38 AM

I have lost faith on ragingazn, and will ask for a refund if this is not open soon. It is one matter to order through this, but with his whimsical behavior, I seriously doubt if he is able to pull through the whole process.

A few post earlier, ragingazn almost attacked nebiz for proposing a deadline. Nebiz is the same guy, who put in an effort to organize the spreadsheet - which was a mess - if anything, ragingzan should tip and thank him instead. Coupled with this, I have serious doubt about his judgement and comprehension capability.

I am sure ragingazn will be happier if I pull out, as his buddy Ataxx will be able to get bigger share.

This is a train wreck waiting to happen. Good luck to all of you.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:09:43 AM

Nope - we will be sailing fine without "that" guy. OP is just rooting for his buddy, and this is not his choice to make. As I can see, OP has put in minimal effort to this, and avoided all responsibility. It is John and Nebiz who helped out!

I do not truly understand how you can support this decision, for which he has not right! In fact, things would be better if someone more responsible takes over the distribution. OP was no-op throughout - toss him a coin for his invisible effort so far - and that's about it.
shep80

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:14:32 AM

We are now closed! Please stop sending btc! Ataxx has assured me 100% that he will send btc by Sunday!

You should not be changing the terms of this buy in flight. A few posts back you indicate it is "still open". Now it's closed?

You realize how bad this is going to look if:

- Ataxx doesn't come through (I have no idea who is is, no reason to believe he will or won't)
 and/or
- The order is not submitted in time to Avalon

In my opinion, it should be first come first served. If folks can't/don't sent coin that they pledged within roughly 24 hours that is their fault and their place should be up for grabs.
Hiroaki

Activity: 404
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:19:44 AM

Don't worry there will be several new group buyings...

ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:22:07 AM

just saying dont be too harsh on that guy he putting up a lot of BTC.. without him we not sailing right?  or we got plenty of more coming?

We *might* be able to "sail" without him. The problem is one of fairness. We established several pages back that we were moving to a "first paid, first served" basis, and that anyone who pledged and did not get their BTC in on time was simply SOL. There will be people bumped because they never got their BTC sent.

It's not fair that Ataxx should get special treatment. raginazn, despite being the one taking receipt of the orders, doesn't get to decide that. We're the ones putting our BTC on the line and making this group order *happen,* and we're the ones that decided to move to a "payers only" basis earlier.

I have lost faith on ragingazn, and will ask for a refund if this is not open soon.

I would be happy to take over distribution if enough people feel the same as shibaji. I want this group buy to happen as soon as possible, and I'm more than willing to supply JohnK with the same identity credentials raginazn has supplied and handle shipping everything if enough people have lost faith in raginazn. I've got the time: I pay the bills with about 20 hours of freelance web development a week.

At any rate, it's not like Ataxx is SOL if they miss this buy. They've got 200 BTC to sink into any group buy of their choice.

I just want to get my chips and get mining ASAP. This whole process should have been much more straightforward than its been so far.
Rallye

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:24:01 AM

Lets wait for ragingazn628 to come back online and see what he has to say.  I'm fairly sure that if he does not reopen this thread and stay true to his word, this whole thing is going to fall to pieces.  But until then, let's all calm down.  We wouldn't want anyone pulling out prematurely due to becoming extremely nervous over the direction that this thread is headed.  

Yes there will be other opportunities to buy, but time is of the essence here and even a week or 2 could mean greatly diminished returns on our investment!  So please, lets do everything we can to keep this together and on track.
nebiz

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:25:56 AM

Lets wait for ragingazn628 to come back online and see what he has to say.  I'm fairly sure that if he does not reopen this thread and stay true to his word, this whole thing is going to fall to pieces.  But until then, let's all calm down.  We wouldn't want anyone pulling out prematurely due to becoming extremely nervous over the direction that this thread is headed.  

+1

ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:28:47 AM

I'm fairly sure that if he does not reopen this thread and stay true to his word, this whole thing is going to fall to pieces.

I will step in if that happens and handle distribution. Messaging JohnK right now to see about verifying my identity with him. If raginazn pulls through, great. But I'm not about to let this all fall apart.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: