Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150350 times)
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:43:56 PM

I feel this is a scam. Raging, if you are honest, please pass on the helm to ryepdx to prove you aren't out to scam this group buy.

you are assuming we can get the chips sent anywhere we want??  Avalon is a lot higher on the scam chart right now

I'm focused on the issues I target: if you have suggestions (for this grp buy, or Avalon) you're more than welcome to share them with the rest of us - but in this case, I would prefer to stay focused on the grp buy.
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:09:58 PM

Hi all. I've just made a copy of the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An3dJzr52z_idEp2Y1J6TVBrMldJY1J1U05qQ0dZVlE&usp=sharing

Right now I'm pretty busy finishing up work for a freelance client of mine, but I'll go back through this thread and sync things up as soon as I can. Regardless of who ends up shipping, there *does* need to be an accurate and up-to-date record of who's getting what.

I'll let you know when I'm finished so you can double-check things and make sure I didn't miss anything.
redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:23:13 PM

Hi all. I've just made a copy of the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An3dJzr52z_idEp2Y1J6TVBrMldJY1J1U05qQ0dZVlE&usp=sharing

Right now I'm pretty busy finishing up work for a freelance client of mine, but I'll go back through this thread and sync things up as soon as I can. Regardless of who ends up shipping, there *does* need to be an accurate and up-to-date record of who's getting what.

I'll let you know when I'm finished so you can double-check things and make sure I didn't miss anything.

That's noble and all but I fear that it's going to be more trouble than it's worth for you and probably not all that accurate. It might be better to create a quick web form using google forms rather than relying on having to parse through this whole thread. I think it would also help capture any that didn't get vocalized here due to their disillusionment with the way ragin has handled communication lately.

I'd do it but I'm not the flag carrier in any of this. I'm but a lowly customer hoping all the pieces come together. Smiley

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:25:58 PM

I feel this is a scam. Raging, if you are honest, please pass on the helm to ryepdx to prove you aren't out to scam this group buy.

you are assuming we can get the chips sent anywhere we want??  Avalon is a lot higher on the scam chart right now

I'm focused on the issues I target: if you have suggestions (for this grp buy, or Avalon) you're more than welcome to share them with the rest of us - but in this case, I would prefer to stay focused on the grp buy.

it's a logistics thing..  even if Ragin says, 'yes let thy ryepdx taketh these chips..'  well, if Avalon is unresponsive and we can't get them to change the ship destination, then they will be going to Ragin anyway...

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:06:32 PM

it's a logistics thing..  even if Ragin says, 'yes let thy ryepdx taketh these chips..'  well, if Avalon is unresponsive and we can't get them to change the ship destination, then they will be going to Ragin anyway...

True but there's a lot higher chance of him just turning a box around and shipping it to the west coast than there is of him receiving, sorting chips, repackaging, reconciling who sold what chips to whom, where they're supposed to go, and shipping them all out. Better to plan for the worst and hope for the best than the other way around.

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
DPoS

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:20:01 PM

True but there's a lot higher chance of him just turning a box around and shipping it to the west coast than there is of him receiving, sorting chips, repackaging, reconciling who sold what chips to whom, where they're supposed to go, and shipping them all out. Better to plan for the worst and hope for the best than the other way around.

I agree to that - just reship everything to ryepdx

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 03:14:58 AM

Hey guys,

I've been catching up with real life stuff.

But more importantly I've been working with my partner prodigits7 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=27850 for NEO-ASICS to make Avalon Clones for the Avalon Chips.

Quick Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5avYmipQVo

Check out our site. I will be announcing orders soon.

https://neo-asics.com

Looking through replies and PMs now.

Also prodigits7 will be buying chips if anyone is interested in selling.

Also I don't mind if we have another person in charge of the shipment but it is up to the group. I've been dealing with depression and last week I've been catching up work and what not.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:22:46 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 03:35:43 AM by CoinHoarder

Stop disappearing bro. As you can see in your other thread, I was ready to call the Bitcoin police on you.

At least stop in and tell us you're alive every once and a while.

Congrats on your prototype.

EDIT: I didn't notice you reappeared after your first disappearance ITT about a week ago. But still, keep us updated, your customers in your other thread were starting to freak out (this thread too.) You are receiving $78,000 worth of Avalon chips + much more in knc mining products. Keep your customers updated, this is big money.
ryepdx

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:55:30 AM

Kickass! Glad to see you're still around, and quite happy to see you set up a Google form to get that spreadsheet updated. :-)
prodigits7

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:11:03 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 10:44:01 AM by prodigits7

I'd just like to reiterate what ragingazn628 said recently, cause I know first-hand how bad his depression was the last couple of weeks, so I can vouch for him. Everything he was going through was not easy to deal with, but now he's in a better place.

Despite all that, he still managed to keep in touch with me (albeit very rarely, the txts were few and far between but still) just to make sure NEO-ASICs was coming along so that everybody in the group buy could put their chips to good use as soon as possible.

I know he is honestly just trying to make right by everybody here and he's just a very good guy that means well. He's coming from a good place and wants to see the Bitcoin community get stronger by introducing NEO-ASICs as another very solid option for people to turn to.

Let's all get together now to help turn this around and make it a positive thing for everybody involved.

I for one stand behind ragingazn628 100%.
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:15:41 AM

Also I don't mind if we have another person in charge of the shipment but it is up to the group. I've been dealing with depression and last week I've been catching up work and what not.
You have shown little professionalism, have disappeared multiple times for entire weeks, and seem to be spread across too many group buys & projects (this one, your neo-asics, the KNC one... )
Oh and nice prototype miner you got going there - where did the chips come from? Where are this group's sample chips?

my 70 chips would like someone else in charge.
prodigits7

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:31:52 AM

Pierrejo, I can totally understand your concern and your skepticism. The prototype's Avalon chips were purchased by me off another ebayer who was selling his Avalon unit because it was giving him problems. I basically had to reverse engineer and recreate an Avalon from scratch.

As you are already aware, sample chips along with several thousands other chips are being held up. Many factors have contributed to the chips delivery delays, including customs but Yifu goes into great details of the crazy extortion tactics  and shady dealings in China that his team had to endure in this most recent post:

http://www.avalon-asics.com/

If you don't want to go down the Avalon clone road, we also offer Klondike board assembly which is only 16 chips per board.

Check it out here:

http://neo-asics.com/shop/klondike-16-project/klondike-16-assembly-only/

You won't have any of the same communication issues with me. I will be handling all the customer relations from here on out.
prodigits7

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:45:16 AM

We will giving a special coupon code for $1000 off the Avalon Clone to everybody that was part of the Group Buy #1. This is just a small step in the process of trying to make up for all the inconvenience that people had to go through. It was very unfortunate but we are trying very hard to make right by everybody in the group.

Please PM me a request and I will verify all the information with JohnK. After proper verification, I will personally send you a unique coupon code that can only be used once.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:05:07 AM

I'd just like to reiterate what ragingazn628 said recently, cause I know first-hand how bad his depression was the last couple of week, so I can vouch for him. Everything he was going through was not easy to deal with, but now he's in a better place.

Despite all that, he still managed to keep in touch with me (albeit very rarely, the txts were few and far between but still) just to make sure NEO-ASICs was coming along so that everybody in the group buy could put their chips to good use as soon as possible.

I know he is honestly just trying to make right by everybody here and he's just a very good guy that means well. He's coming from a good place and wants to see the Bitcoin community get stronger by introducing NEO-ASICs as another very solid option for people to turn to.

Let's all get together now to help turn this around and make it a positive thing for everybody involved.

I for one stand behind ragingazn628 100%.

I'm sorry but... who are you? You've arrived on the scene just now, weeks AFTER the chips were supposed to have shipped, with an account registered AFTER the group buy ended.

If you were really part of this process, you'd have been updating us when you received updates via text. Apparently keeping your customers updated about their ~$100,000 combined investment was not high on the priority list.

I feel for ragingazn628 and his loss, but as I said before, ~$100k worth of hardware belonging to a bunch of nervous forum-goers is not something you want to deal with in addition to bereavement and depression. It would be easier on everyone, including raging, who has clearly been through a real rough patch.

ryepdx has proven himself reliable and trustworthy and I'd feel more comfortable with him distributing the chips. I believe a consensus was reached already that this was the desired direction for the group. I strongly recommend that John continue attempting to update the shipping address, and failing that I would ask raging to forward the package.

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:51:58 AM

Raging is to be considered a scammer until he provides an update to the whereabouts of the sample chips. He is avoiding this question for weeks. Hearing his reply only to read the same thing is tiring and reads like "don't call the police yet!"
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:56:22 AM

We will giving a special coupon code for $1000 off the Avalon Clone to everybody that was part of the Group Buy #1. This is just a small step in the process of trying to make up for all the inconvenience that people had to go through. It was very unfortunate but we are trying very hard to make right by everybody in the group.

Please PM me a request and I will verify all the information with JohnK. After proper verification, I will personally send you a unique coupon code that can only be used once.

This sock-puppet seriously scares me...
Barklad

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:48:43 PM

I'm glad Ragin is doing better, but the whole situation is making me uneasy. If Ryepdx has time I'd rather have him take the helm and get this straightened out when the chips finally arrive.
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:05:28 PM

I'm selling my 192 chips from batch 1.  They are on their way to stumptown to be turned into 12 complete K16 units.  Please pm me if interested
DPoS

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:56:48 PM

I'm selling my 192 chips from batch 1.  They are on their way to stumptown to be turned into 12 complete K16 units.  Please pm me if interested

Maybe we can get Yufi to buy it all back

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:47:18 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 03:21:30 PM by bassclef

Hey guys,

I've been catching up with real life stuff.

But more importantly I've been working with my partner prodigits7 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=27850 for NEO-ASICS to make Avalon Clones for the Avalon Chips.

Quick Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5avYmipQVo

Check out our site. I will be announcing orders soon.

https://neo-asics.com

Looking through replies and PMs now.

Also prodigits7 will be buying chips if anyone is interested in selling.

He's alive! Nice to see you back.

Ragin, even though you seem to be spread thin at the moment, please consider dropping in to calm our fears more often, even if it's just to say hello, I'm here but the chips are not. I don't have to tell you that the whole DIY community is on edge right now and your increased activity here would be helpful, not only to your own reputation, but to neo-asics as well. We are trusting you at this point.

I'm also for ryepdx distributing the chips. Ragin has a lot on his plate. Sounds like the sample chips went to prodigits7 or are just being held by ragin since he won't tell us. Regardless, the goal is to make sure everyone gets their chips sent wherever they need ASAP after they land on our distributor's doorstep. That means creating an updated spreadsheet and verifying addresses. The chips could show up any day now--let's make this happen.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: