Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150349 times)
zamazama

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 05:05:36 PM

1. Can JohnK make an attempt to update the shipping address.
2. Can Ragin answer about the sample chips.

for the last couple of pages this thread has gone nowhere.

prodigits7

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:24:25 PM

Ok everybody, as promised, I have an update on the Avalon chips shipment status. I just got off the phone with Gary, the account manager for this particular case and this is exactly what he told me:

This shipment has been on hold by US Customs in New York since June 12th. He said that these are extremely extenuating circumstances because the most shipments ever get held up by Customs is about 30 days, so this is WAY past that. He also mentioned that US Customs has been non-cooperative when it comes to conveying any communication on the status of this case. So Gary and his company, they're all having a special meeting next Wednesday together with the Director of the US Customs of New York.

So we should have more information late Wednesday night. I will update you as soon as I get briefed on the matter.

Hope this helps shed a little more light on this unfortunate incident.
redphlegm

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:34:49 PM

Ok everybody, as promised, I have an update on the Avalon chips shipment status. I just got off the phone with Gary, the account manager for this particular case and this is exactly what he told me:

This shipment has been on hold by US Customs in New York since June 12th. He said that these are extremely extenuating circumstances because the most shipments ever get held up by Customs is about 30 days, so this is WAY past that. He also mentioned that US Customs has been non-cooperative when it comes to conveying any communication on the status of this case. So Gary and his company, they're all having a special meeting next Wednesday together with the Director of the US Customs of New York.

So we should have more information late Wednesday night. I will update you as soon as I get briefed on the matter.

2 fucking months held up by US Customs? God damn I hate our regulated shipping / trade system. This reeks of corruption (and not necessarily on the Chinese side).

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
Egon

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:46:00 PM

This is to notify the board that I have a pending sale of 170 chips to bassclef (out of my order of 330).  Will post again when transaction completes.
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:49:51 PM

Can we get someone else to confirm this - ryepdx or johnK?

prodigits7

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:50:12 PM

I know red, I share the same sentiments as you. This is ridiculous red tape!!!
mightycount

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:53:28 PM

BEWARE OF SCAM!

The dude stole over 100 BTC from this GB: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233624.0

Hey guys,

I've been catching up with real life stuff.

But more importantly I've been working with my partner prodigits7 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=27850 for NEO-ASICS to make Avalon Clones for the Avalon Chips.

Quick Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5avYmipQVo

Check out our site. I will be announcing orders soon.

https://neo-asics.com

Looking through replies and PMs now.

Also prodigits7 will be buying chips if anyone is interested in selling.

Also I don't mind if we have another person in charge of the shipment but it is up to the group. I've been dealing with depression and last week I've been catching up work and what not.

Personal Bitcoin Black List - Companies and people to avoid!
````` Butterfly Labs...MtGox...ragingazn628...(reserved)...  `````
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:54:35 PM

I know red, I share the same sentiments as you. This is ridiculous red tape!!!

This is ridiculous. Maybe I missed it but who is Gary and what does his company do?
mightycount

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:55:30 PM

2 fucking months held up by US Customs? God damn I hate our regulated shipping / trade system. This reeks of corruption (and not necessarily on the Chinese side).

Note that this nick is a dupe of Ragingazn. SCAM ALERT!

Personal Bitcoin Black List - Companies and people to avoid!
````` Butterfly Labs...MtGox...ragingazn628...(reserved)...  `````
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:57:10 PM

Your money went to pay for KNCVaporware

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:06:04 PM

I confirm that raging told me in a PM not long ago that he would be helping him to handle the stuff here.

1. Can JohnK make an attempt to update the shipping address.
2. Can Ragin answer about the sample chips.

for the last couple of pages this thread has gone nowhere.

1. Avalon have not responded to any of my communication methods (phone, Skype, PM, even the ticketing system)
Here's the last ticket I sent them regarding a separate order:

Being Processed since last 21 days 2 hrs

If someone would give me their addresses I would send a physical formal letter to them already as the communication's been absolutely unacceptable.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:11:58 PM

Nope, they're not dupes AFAICT.
AMuppInTime
Donator

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:17:26 PM

JohnK - can you investigate who this "Gary" is and get his number / confirm current situation? If a guy that appears out of the blue can get in touch by phone and get a status update, surely you would be able to get in touch too to appease the crowds/verify the info?

To raging/friend: it is in your best interest to have JohnK/Ryepdx verify how/who you get in touch with from Avalon/Gary (Who is this guy?). This buy appears more and more like a scam, particularly due to you being the only ones able to get updates (despite a lot of folks trying to)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:20:48 PM

JohnK - can you investigate who this "Gary" is and get his number / confirm current situation? If a guy that appears out of the blue can get in touch by phone and get a status update, surely you would be able to get in touch too to appease the crowds/verify the info?

To raging/friend: it is in your best interest to have JohnK/Ryepdx verify how/who you get in touch with from Avalon/Gary (Who is this guy?). This buy appears more and more like a scam, particularly due to you being the only ones able to get updates (despite a lot of folks trying to)

The Gary mentioned here has a sf-express.com email address as given by ragingazn to me not long ago, which is the company involved in sending the chips. (it's a courier service based in China) I'm currently drafting an email to him to get the situation clear here.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:21:43 PM

Agreed. It appears that prodigits is working with ragin rather closely on their project, hence the updates. I don't mind getting information from him, but if we could verify his information that would be great.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:25:26 PM

The Gary mentioned here has a sf-express.com email address as given by ragingazn to me not long ago, which is the company involved in sending the chips. (it's a courier service based in China) I'm currently drafting an email to him to get the situation clear here.

PS: The tracking info indeed mentions that it's been held at the customs, just for the record.
AMuppInTime
Donator

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:33:24 PM

PS: The tracking info indeed mentions that it's been held at the customs, just for the record.

It's really hard to hold back the pitchforks when someone yells "Witch!" - thank you for calming the game
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Not hard at all. Hundreds of people in on these group buys, only a couple of chuckleheads pulling out the pitchforks.  Wink

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:38:50 PM

Hello John

I talked to your partner today, the one with a xxx telephone number.

The shipment that arrived June 11 is held by customs at the NYACC warehouse in New York.  US Customs agent put it on hold for inspection and as of today has not inspected or released or made any decision on status.

We have contacted customs daily asking for a decision and or release .

I have a team member meeting with them next week to see if we can have some action and answers

We will keep you informed

Regards

^Reply received from sf-express just now. I guess the sample chips are indeed in limbo here...
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:38:55 PM

So no one thought to grease the wheels over at customs??  Did BFL expand into the customs business?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: