Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin [FTC]  (Read 460454 times)
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:12:29 PM

Do we know when the new website will go live?

Thank you very much

Iam doing some final tweaks, should be live in a few 3-4 days.

Regards,
ChekaZ

Awesome! Can't wait to see it. Did you want to use my video at all? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGku68RYbMg
If so I could tweak it a little to match your design if you like. ... The background from the new wallet loading screen is pretty great too which I could use that to open the video.

Glad to see you still kicking around. I REALLY like that video as Ive said before, awesome job! Id like to see it used in marketing and on the FTC website somewhere.

Thanks! I'm always happy to see the same crowd around here too, stability is key. Stability is why this has been my #1 alt coin for years now, its not going anywhere, its going to run as normal decades from now, and at some point it will be an incredible rarity given that age is the one crypto characteristic no one can write into a new coin release.

Yup, I bounce between forums - mostly using the same username. Im not hard to find lol. I do agree, age isnt something thats programmable and thats what drove our last major price increase. People started to realize that and interest in older, more stable coins went up. Then ETH and ZCash exploded on the scene which grabbed everyones attention, but that'll be short lived.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:50:52 PM

Do we know when the new website will go live?

Thank you very much

Iam doing some final tweaks, should be live in a few 3-4 days.

Regards,
ChekaZ

Awesome! Can't wait to see it. Did you want to use my video at all? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGku68RYbMg
If so I could tweak it a little to match your design if you like. ... The background from the new wallet loading screen is pretty great too which I could use that to open the video.

Great video it is future oriented I like it. From the other hand I do not like as FTC has no roadmap. We do not know where we are going with it as there is no clear path. So we need orientation of FTC as it could be business oriented or game oriented or else.
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:11:32 PM

New Website is released! - Would love to hear your feedback.

www.feathercoin.com

Regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022

FreshTheGame

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:23:03 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 04:52:18 PM by Frangomel

Good job very good fast and informative site...I like it...*kudos for team Smiley

you need to check price comparison in ftc/btc on site 1 FTC =  5.59E-6 BTC (make it in satoshi using API from trex)
coninn

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:51:26 PM

Great website. Very nice!
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:15:58 AM

www.feathercoin.com

Regards,
ChekaZ

Sad tis missing the original videos, which where a good sell  Cool
LondonMP

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:45:25 PM

www.feathercoin.com

Regards,
ChekaZ

Thank you ChekaZ, very nice and straight to the point

I would just like to make a comment about the "buying feathercoin" section, Could you please add Bittylicious to the mix, they have re enabled the FTC/GBP pair recently, not many alts make it there so i think it is a huge plus for FTC

I would also love to see if possible, current supply instead or next to total supply in the block halving timer section

Thank you very much

remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:14:10 PM

I think with LTC and other older coins potentially adopting segwit FTC is in a great position. BTC miners aren't going to switch, the high fees are too profitable and I don't see them wanting to risk messing around with a more complicated code. Their refusal will force us to wait until solutions to scaling and such happen without hard forks. But solutions will come, and one day they'll be running the same BTC core with DAOs and millions of transactions per second. Today BTC isn't being used for commerce anyways, its being used for investment and international transfers- neither of which require a faster network.

Looking 10 years from now. BTC is worth a ton and scalability is solved without hard forks. No one remembers segwit, unlimited or whatever else except that certain older coins adopted them and permanently changed. Whereas FTC not taking any of these hard forks can remain using a simpler code, and then adopt bitcoin's non-fork solutions when they come. Which coin will you want at that point? FTC which stuck to bitcoin's simpler method, or the old coins that adopted betamax?

Im on the fence here. I think SegWit has its advantages and Im actually glad Litecoin has adopted it - even if only for the reason of going down a different path than Bitcoin. I used to be a hard believer that there would only be ONE crypto and all others would fail however I now am on the boat of thinking many side-by-side will be the future. In our current world we have many ways to exchange money, cash (in hundreds of currencies of which each has its own different denominations), check, bankers check, money orders, wire transfers, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, etc), etc. I see the same happening for crypto. Some will be used for smaller purchases, some for major, some for investment, play, who knows...

With LTC going a different route (I doubt Bitcoin will ever adopt SegWit unless Litecoin proves its value), that opens the door for Litecoin to be used in places Bitcoin cant be. Same goes for Feathercoin and NeoScrypt (being ASIC resistant, today). Its kinda like Linux... there are hundreds of different distros out there, all of which can do the same basic functions but most are tailored to something specific - crypto will be the same way.

I only have interests in a handful of coins, Feathercoin is one of them, and Im here for the long haul - whatever direction (up/down) that may be.

I went the same way. At one point figured there would be 1 and only 1 eventually, but now, no way. I think there will be a lot of different currencies for sure, and like you say fulfilling different roles....But ultimately I think its all going to come down to age of the ledger. When was it started, has it been well maintained since? That will be the ultimate measure of trust decades from now. To that end, the NeoScrypt upgrade helps greatly toward ledger maintenance by ensuring a unique offering to miners. LTC's SegWit upgrade could attract more devs, which is a great thing, but its not really about ledger maintenance. If anything, it adds risk that something could go off the rails and disrupt the most important thing LTC has (an old trustworthy ledger).

But hey I still happily have some of both coins, old coins are #1 for me... How many times can they re-release "anonymous" and "smart contracts"? If the function is the same, who cares that you've invented a new way to do it.....sorry tangent rant.
remistevens

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:25:00 PM

www.feathercoin.com

Regards,
ChekaZ

Overall I think its pretty awesome!

Love "Leading NeoScrypt Altcoin"

Layout is great, easy to find everything, smooth running.

Minor criticism/suggestion: "Features" could maybe be a bigger font more like "Wallets". Also "features", looks to me to be black whereas "wallets" is in the dark blue/green? (could just be the smaller font size and less space to really see the color). Also, I feel like the top banner light blue could use a bit more usage throughout the body of the website to tie it in. So suggestion would be to use the top banner bright blue on the 2 titles "Features" and "Wallets" and bring them to a consistent size for both.

And maybe add logos (windows, mac...)  to wallets section?

Totally nit picking here though, like i said overall its awesome and works as is for sure!
ChekaZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:20:22 PM

Thanks to all for your feedback, going to review it and implement it Smiley

Regards,
ChekaZ

uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:13:28 AM

The site looks great and works fine.

But as a suggestion I would propose to add some information about mining. For example in "How to start" section, maybe most popular pools, mining programs and so on.

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:41:17 PM

I am using wallet 0.9.6 and have got message "Inconsistent checkpoint found! Stop enforcing checkpoints and notify developers to resolve the issue".

Anyway, transactions are coming and it is sync
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 11:03:15 PM

Lets get real and stop talking about encryption techniques in this thread, its pointless as long as crypto does not need any cryptographic procedures to function normally and deliver transactions from senders to recipients. Who the fuck thinks crypto is bound to be encrypted?

pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1460
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:12:40 AM

i am using the android wallet of feathercoin.
last few days it is not possible to get peer connections.
any solutions for this problem ?

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:22:41 AM

But hey I still happily have some of both coins, old coins are #1 for me... How many times can they re-release "anonymous" and "smart contracts"? If the function is the same, who cares that you've invented a new way to do it.....sorry tangent rant.

+1

(ton of snake oil salesmen plugging this is "all original code" as if original code automatically makes it better then btc/ltc/ftc etc  Roll Eyes, personally i'd rather tried and tested improvement on btc's original code/idea)
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:25:59 AM

Dont use the Android wallet for now. Ive never personally had issues with it but the devs warn there is a chance of losing your coins until its updated. To my knowledge they are working on it.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 02:29:58 PM

The Android wallet was released for the v0.8 code base. Although it has been working fine until recently, it needs an update for v0.9.6 most likely.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
remistevens

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 12:58:47 AM

Dont use the Android wallet for now. Ive never personally had issues with it but the devs warn there is a chance of losing your coins until its updated. To my knowledge they are working on it.

Lose your coins? How, I've never heard that? I'm no coder so excuse my ignorance please. My understanding was that funds in old wallets are always recoverable provided there wasn't a fork that rolled back the clock to before your wallet existed (like ETH reverted to an earlier chainstate). Also providing that future changes to the coin don't permit someone to access/steal the funds (again ETC as example where they needed to upgrade something after the ETH fork that rendered the old wallets "ETC" susceptible to hacking somehow).

So a couple questions:

-If I have a wallet set up on 0.8 and no desire to access the funds anytime soon, should I rebuild it in 0.9 ASAP because it is at risk somehow?

-When I decide I do wish to access the funds. Would trying to open it in a 0.8 wallet put me at risk? Not that I would do this of course, just a hypothetical question. My layman's understanding was that the worst that would happen would be my inability to sync to anything. But I could just take the same wallet file, drop it into 0.9 and everything would perfectly normal. . .This not true?

ChekaZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:10:40 AM

Lose your coins? How, I've never heard that? I'm no coder so excuse my ignorance please. My understanding was that funds in old wallets are always recoverable provided there wasn't a fork that rolled back the clock to before your wallet existed (like ETH reverted to an earlier chainstate). Also providing that future changes to the coin don't permit someone to access/steal the funds (again ETC as example where they needed to upgrade something after the ETH fork that rendered the old wallets "ETC" susceptible to hacking somehow).

So a couple questions:

-If I have a wallet set up on 0.8 and no desire to access the funds anytime soon, should I rebuild it in 0.9 ASAP because it is at risk somehow?

-When I decide I do wish to access the funds. Would trying to open it in a 0.8 wallet put me at risk? Not that I would do this of course, just a hypothetical question. My layman's understanding was that the worst that would happen would be my inability to sync to anything. But I could just take the same wallet file, drop it into 0.9 and everything would perfectly normal. . .This not true?

Actually there is no risk of losing your coins. But you shouldnt try to spend them if your BC isnt synced and you are still on an old version, that could may lead into a loss.

Regards,
ChekaZ

remistevens

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:13:34 PM

So a couple questions:

Actually there is no risk of losing your coins. But you shouldnt try to spend them if your BC isnt synced and you are still on an old version, that could may lead into a loss.

Regards,
ChekaZ

Gottcha, thanks ChekaZ. ...Is there also a risk if i opened a 0.9 wallet and tried to send on it before it synced? Or just a risk when on unsynced older versions?

Also, again just curious. If i did try to send on a 0.8 wallet, how exactly would the loss potentially occur? Is the risk that I would screw up my own balance by sending to somewhere that essentially doesn't exist....or is the risk that there may be poachers on the old chain waiting to steal from people who inadvertently try to send coins on there...
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 202 »
  Print  

Jump to: